Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

ANNE FRANK

Jump to newest

By *lder A Wiser Passion OP   Woman
over a year ago

morecambe

Been watching a Doc Drama on prime vidoe about her life did that yesterday. Today been looking more into her life did you know her Dad Made it and lived to 1980.Remarried in 52 had a step daughter she was like our beloved Anne. So what you think of her story do you think it waz amzing in very awful times

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

May I ask what the program was called please? I’d like to watch that. My grandad was Jewish and grew up in Berlin, fortunately him and his sister were able to escape with the help of a rich auntie who sorted their release papers so that they could flee the country. Unfortunately his mom and younger brother were both murdered (apparently the auntie was one day away from getting their release papers when they were taken away to a camp) along with his step father. I find it difficult to watch anything about the Holocaust because of my close connection but I think it’s important to do so out of respect for the people who died and suffered so that they’re not forgotten. I’m ashamed to say my knowledge of Anne Frank’s experience is quite limited so I’d like to learn more about it.

By *hroatQueen_CATV/TS
over a year ago

Carlisle

Have that classic book! One of my favourites and everyone should read it. I have seen the drama and it's on DVD and available on Amazon,If it's the same drama i've seen.

By *hroatQueen_CATV/TS
over a year ago

Carlisle

"Have that classic book! One of my favourites and everyone should read it. I have seen the drama and it's on DVD and available on Amazon,If it's the same drama i've seen. "
The Diary Of Anne Frank the drama is called.

over a year ago

"Have that classic book! One of my favourites and everyone should read it. I have seen the drama and it's on DVD and available on Amazon,If it's the same drama i've seen. The Diary Of Anne Frank the drama is called. "

The notebook is a good drama / rom com ! You agree

So What’s this film about ?

over a year ago

"Have that classic book! One of my favourites and everyone should read it. I have seen the drama and it's on DVD and available on Amazon,If it's the same drama i've seen. The Diary Of Anne Frank the drama is called. "

Thanks Ava, I’ve just found it. I’ll definitely be watching that soon.

By *hroatQueen_CATV/TS
over a year ago

Carlisle

"Have that classic book! One of my favourites and everyone should read it. I have seen the drama and it's on DVD and available on Amazon,If it's the same drama i've seen. The Diary Of Anne Frank the drama is called.

Thanks Ava, I’ve just found it. I’ll definitely be watching that soon. "

You are welcome! Enjoy it's a good drama and the book is a good read too.

By *hroatQueen_CATV/TS
over a year ago

Carlisle

"Have that classic book! One of my favourites and everyone should read it. I have seen the drama and it's on DVD and available on Amazon,If it's the same drama i've seen. The Diary Of Anne Frank the drama is called.

The notebook is a good drama / rom com ! You agree

So What’s this film about ? "

You ain't heard of Anne Frank? Wow lol it's about the jews and the holocaust. It's a drama called Diary of Anne Frank it's on Dvd on Amazon

over a year ago

Thanks Ava, I’ve just found it. I’ll definitely be watching that soon. You are welcome! Enjoy it's a good drama and the book is a good read too. "

I remember watching a drama based on her experiences many years ago when I was a kid (must have been around the late 80’s or early 90’s) when I didn’t really understand what was going on or why she was hiding so my parents explained it to me and that was probably the first time I heard about the Holocaust. I can’t remember anything about the program but I remember being moved by it.

The Dutch were treated horrendously by the Germans and they’re still extremely grateful to the British for rescuing them. I lived in Holland for about 6 months while working on a contract there and I was made to feel so welcome everywhere I went, which is never normally the case as everyone seems to hate the Brits, especially other Europeans haha

over a year ago

been to ann franks house/Museum in amsterdam a couple times its a must do thing it will bring tears to your eyes everyone should see it and just how horrieble the germans were at war

By *hroatQueen_CATV/TS
over a year ago

Carlisle

Thanks Ava, I’ve just found it. I’ll definitely be watching that soon. You are welcome! Enjoy it's a good drama and the book is a good read too.

I remember watching a drama based on her experiences many years ago when I was a kid (must have been around the late 80’s or early 90’s) when I didn’t really understand what was going on or why she was hiding so my parents explained it to me and that was probably the first time I heard about the Holocaust. I can’t remember anything about the program but I remember being moved by it.

The Dutch were treated horrendously by the Germans and they’re still extremely grateful to the British for rescuing them. I lived in Holland for about 6 months while working on a contract there and I was made to feel so welcome everywhere I went, which is never normally the case as everyone seems to hate the Brits, especially other Europeans haha "

Ah yes think I've seen that one on Amazon too the older one. Aww bless you! It was horrendous and evil how they were treated, Absolutely not humane at all. Everyone hates us! No wonder now we left the EU hahaha

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

It’s a very moving story

By *ersey GirlCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

I was always under the impression that she was restricted to the annex for the full duration. Went to the house when I went to Amsterdam and there was something quite special listening to her story while being in it. I was however underwhelmed by the house itself

I just looked the book out on Wednesday after watching The Devil Next Door. It's a worth while watch

R

By *ablo minibar123Woman
over a year ago

"Been watching a Doc Drama on prime vidoe about her life did that yesterday. Today been looking more into her life did you know her Dad Made it and lived to 1980.Remarried in 52 had a step daughter she was like our beloved Anne. So what you think of her story do you think it waz amzing in very awful times"

I'm pretty sure that her dad did a good interview with blue Peter that you might like to watch, I'm sure it's on you tube or somewhere if you Google it up.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

The thing on Netflix is a documentary on the impact of her diary on the world.

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

The woman who helped her Miep Gies is even more amazing as she had a choice yet still risked herself and her whole family to help these two Jewish families. I have wondered if I would and have decided that I wouldn't have risked my own children. Maybe if I was childless I would have. Anne almost survived, dying only a short time before the end of the war.

The diary did ask amazing job at. At making real and personal the horrors. I have visited her house in Amsterdam and recommend it.

By *lder A Wiser Passion OP   Woman
over a year ago

morecambe

Its on prime vidoe

Post new Message to Thread