Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Newcastle United takeover.

Jump to newest

By *ampshire_guy40 OP   Man
over a year ago

hampshire

If the takeover of Newcastle United finally goes through within days,Newcastle will be 10 times richer than man city,Bruce to be sacked and replaced by Antonio conte.any Newcastle fans on fab?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

There’s a guy that’s going for a stag do around somewhere.

I hope this doesn’t effect his weekend.

By *eardedTattManMan
over a year ago

Elland

Not a Room fan, but the prospect is very interesting. Brucey will definitely go, as he's up against it as it is. They will, theoretically, if ignoring FFP, be able to sign anyone.

By *eardedTattManMan
over a year ago

Elland

"Not a Room fan, but the prospect is very interesting. Brucey will definitely go, as he's up against it as it is. They will, theoretically, if ignoring FFP, be able to sign anyone."

*Toon

By *emma HoldenTV/TS
over a year ago

Ramsey

I'm not a Toon fan either but would love to bone Amanda Staveley as she is gorgeous. Never gonna happen obviously but a girl can dream can't she?

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

It'll certainly be an interesting prospect. I think Newcastle as a football club probably generate enough as it is to at least invest more than Ashley did within FFP to get to a point where they can invest further. In the other hand, they can probably do what they want because FFP is a joke anyway.

Reference: Manchester City

over a year ago

Before people start calling us deluded Geordies, we don’t expect Mbappe and Haaland or Champions League (although that would be amazing) we just want our club back. Not fighting relegation every season and playing some decent football would be more than enough.

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

"Before people start calling us deluded Geordies, we don’t expect Mbappe and Haaland or Champions League (although that would be amazing) we just want our club back. Not fighting relegation every season and playing some decent football would be more than enough."

I'll be honest, I did think Newcastle fans did need to manage their expectations in terms of where their team should be. But I realised it must be crap going into a season with no expectations given the current regime and do hope this takeover goes through for them

over a year ago

"Before people start calling us deluded Geordies, we don’t expect Mbappe and Haaland or Champions League (although that would be amazing) we just want our club back. Not fighting relegation every season and playing some decent football would be more than enough.

I'll be honest, I did think Newcastle fans did need to manage their expectations in terms of where their team should be. But I realised it must be crap going into a season with no expectations given the current regime and do hope this takeover goes through for them "

Other than a brief spell with Benitez we’ve had zero expectations since Ashley bought the club. I feel a lot of the expectations narrative is peddled by lazy journalists using outdated stereotypes. Ask any Geordie if they even expect to win a single game these days and 90% willl say no.

over a year ago

If this goes through there will be a lot of daft over the top stuff said by fans but most of it will be tongue in cheek or to wind others up

over a year ago

nah I support a team that wins things

Rangers

By *929Man
over a year ago

newcastle

Would be great if it happens Decided many years ago to stop any interest in them till Ashley was gone so hope it goes through

over a year ago

"nah I support a team that wins things

Rangers"

Considering your clubs own dealings with Mike Ashley I’d think you’d want us to get rid of him as well

By *iger4uWoman
over a year ago

In my happy place

Newcastle fans are loyal. Ashley never respected that.

By *lorious hole bs16Man
over a year ago

Bristol

Sleeping giants who haven't won anything since 1969.

The loyal fans deserve much more.

H'way the lads.

By *ragoniteMan
over a year ago

Cheshire

Toon fan. Will be glad to see the back of Cashley. Uncomfortable that instead of an owner who shafts his workers we will have an owner that gets people he doesn’t like killed and chopped into little pieces

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

The only thing counting against them is location. But I'm sure the wads of cash will make the overseas players settle up north.

By *ymaleMan
over a year ago

nr Bradford

Suppose it was only a matter of time before Newcastle United were mentioned on here, they've been fucked for years....oh yes, I went there

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

"The only thing counting against them is location. But I'm sure the wads of cash will make the overseas players settle up north. "

Those wages would buy them a lot of gloves and snoods

over a year ago

I think it will take a few years to improve your squad but within 6 you will be top 4 contenders

The cream of European footballers won't want to play in Newcastle until you are close to title winning. It's an unfortunate reality.

But long term the futures so bright you gotta wear shades

over a year ago

"If the takeover of Newcastle United finally goes through within days,Newcastle will be 10 times richer than man city,Bruce to be sacked and replaced by Antonio conte.any Newcastle fans on fab?"

Newcastle fan here with everything crossed, apparently it could be announced today

over a year ago

"Toon fan. Will be glad to see the back of Cashley. Uncomfortable that instead of an owner who shafts his workers we will have an owner that gets people he doesn’t like killed and chopped into little pieces

"

We’ll settle for that

over a year ago

It’s done

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

"It’s done "

Damn, that was quick. Wonder why the PL let the takeover happen now when it was rejected before.

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Is it blood money…… yes!

Do I get where Newcastle fans are coming from… yes!

Is it hypocritical…. Yes!

It’s just so complex after 14 years of Ashley….

Have to say the city is absolutely buzzing!!!

By *929Man
over a year ago

newcastle

"It’s done "

Awesome news

By *omer47Man
over a year ago

leigh

You could be 100 times richer than Manchester city but still wont win anything unless you pay 10 times the wages.

over a year ago

"You could be 100 times richer than Manchester city but still wont win anything unless you pay 10 times the wages. "

Honestly… We don’t care. As long as we’re not battling relegation, get some form of communication from the club, not alienating club legends and actually investing in the team we will all be happy

over a year ago

"It’s done

Awesome news "

over a year ago

"You could be 100 times richer than Manchester city but still wont win anything unless you pay 10 times the wages.

Honestly… We don’t care. As long as we’re not battling relegation, get some form of communication from the club, not alienating club legends and actually investing in the team we will all be happy "

Exactly

over a year ago

Id like to know Geordies thoughts on being funded by money built in dodgy human rights ...

... Must be pleased to see the back of Ashley !

By *lenderfoxMan
over a year ago

Leeds

The premier league realy don't give a fuck about anything

over a year ago

"Id like to know Geordies thoughts on being funded by money built in dodgy human rights ...

"

Are you seriously suggesting some of the premier league clubs are funded with only clean money???

you’d make a great comedian

over a year ago

Am a Gooner but happy for the Toon army. Proper football with club Proper fans.

over a year ago

I love the game and am very proud of the prem. NUFC is now another club that can add more top talents to the prem in time a whole squad full. COYG EKIN

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan
over a year ago

here

"Id like to know Geordies thoughts on being funded by money built in dodgy human rights ...

"

Let’s ask the Newcastle Central MP…. she certainly had plenty to say about Mike Ashley and his business practices …

over a year ago

"If the takeover of Newcastle United finally goes through within days,Newcastle will be 10 times richer than man city,Bruce to be sacked and replaced by Antonio conte.any Newcastle fans on fab?"

I’m totally Toon Fan, this has been the best news ever, I’ve refreshed my news feeds all day…. Toodaloo Ashley….. xx

over a year ago

"The only thing counting against them is location. But I'm sure the wads of cash will make the overseas players settle up north. "

Seriously what is wrong with the location?

over a year ago

"

It’s not great but I’d like to know people views on Twitter, Facebook, Disney, Uber, F1, UFC, WWE, Boxing and even Manchester United? They’ve all been funded by the same people.

over a year ago

"The only thing counting against them is location. But I'm sure the wads of cash will make the overseas players settle up north.

Seriously what is wrong with the location? "

Usually a quote thrown around by people who’ve never been to the city. It’s a beautiful, vibrant city, with the friendliest people in the country. We also have amazing beaches just a stones throw away.

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

Are you seriously suggesting some of the premier league clubs are funded with only clean money???

you’d make a great comedian "

That’s the lamest excuse I have seen yet for giving the thumbs-up to sportswashing.

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

Really sad to see the PL complicit in blatant sportswashing. I wonder what changed their minds after the initial rejection ...

Delighted that Newcastle are free of ashley, but sad that they have gone down this route.

over a year ago

That’s the lamest excuse I have seen yet for giving the thumbs-up to sportswashing. "

So you lamented all the other takeovers did you? What about the British government and the arms deals with the Saudi government? Not to mention the f1 and boxing they host……

….I think your just virtue signaling unfortunately

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

"Really sad to see the PL complicit in blatant sportswashing. I wonder what changed their minds after the initial rejection ...

Delighted that Newcastle are free of ashley, but sad that they have gone down this route. "

That happened all the way back in 2004 when Abramovich took over Chelsea. It's not like the Premier League have always been clean. It's literally just a bunch of rich people trying to make more money.

By *ickeyblueeyes7Man
over a year ago

newport

A lot of money to pay for what is going to be a championship side next year

over a year ago

"A lot of money to pay for what is going to be a championship side next year "

How are we going to be a championship side next year? Yes we are in the relegation zone now but how many matches do we have to play? And January’s transfer window isn’t far away, Don’t be jealous

over a year ago

"The only thing counting against them is location. But I'm sure the wads of cash will make the overseas players settle up north.

Usually a quote thrown around by people who’ve never been to the city. It’s a beautiful, vibrant city, with the friendliest people in the country. We also have amazing beaches just a stones throw away."

We are exceptionally lucky to live in such a lush place, I’m 2 miles from beaches and a 40 minute drive to the countryside…. We should keep quiet and keep the north east amazing xx

over a year ago

I have been to Newcastle on weekend breaks and would recommend the city and its people to anyone.

That said I remember Roy Keane had concerns attracting new talent to Sunderland because of location.

Newcastle maybe able to offer big salaries but the other big clubs will be forced to match.

Still I wish Newcastle the best and hope this is a new era.

over a year ago

"Really sad to see the PL complicit in blatant sportswashing. I wonder what changed their minds after the initial rejection ...

Delighted that Newcastle are free of ashley, but sad that they have gone down this route.

That happened all the way back in 2004 when Abramovich took over Chelsea. It's not like the Premier League have always been clean. It's literally just a bunch of rich people trying to make more money."

Th Premier League has become what London Property has become. A parking place for all the dodgy money from all around the world.

Crooked wealthy people controlling their countries resources and bleeding them dry.

By *ig_time_CharlieMan
over a year ago

Cambridge and London

"nah I support a team that wins things

Rangers"

Don't you mean Sevco Scotland Ltd?

over a year ago

Apparently MBS asked his staff to buy him anew castle, not Newcastle United.

By *iAbbyTV/TS
over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

"A lot of money to pay for what is going to be a championship side next year

How are we going to be a championship side next year? Yes we are in the relegation zone now but how many matches do we have to play? And January’s transfer window isn’t far away, Don’t be jealous "

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

That’s the lamest excuse I have seen yet for giving the thumbs-up to sportswashing.

So you lamented all the other takeovers did you? What about the British government and the arms deals with the Saudi government? Not to mention the f1 and boxing they host……

….I think your just virtue signaling unfortunately "

Hi. Uae takeover of city is a hit different to Saudi takeover of Newcastle, uae don’t have quite the same track record when it comes to human rights, although they are not much better.

But yes, I don’t like seeing sports events go to Saudi. For example, golf. I applaud players like Rory mcilroy who refuse to play there despite the obvious paydays, and am disappointed and think differently of players like rose, fleetwood and pepperell who competed there, shrugged their shoulders, acted dumb and said I’m not a politician, just a golfer. In particular, pepperell, who always has a lot to say on social issues, but ran out of ideas when it came to competing in Saudi and took the cheque.

Should have been clear from my earlier note that I object to sportswashing in general, not just Newcastle. Golf and boxing are 2 major culprits. I don’t watch events that take place in Saudi.

I hope this is clearer. No, I am not just virtue signalling, this is something that I firmly believe in.

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

"The premier league realy don't give a fuck about anything"

The problem is that in a situation like this, you have to implement actual rules. And if the owners pass the assessments then you can’t block them/ it’s not a case of deciding that you don’t like the cut of someone’s gib, they have to prove that they don’t pass the assessment rules. That is why people are now saying the rules are clearly not fit for purpose, so an attempt is likely to be made to shut the stable door after the horse had bolted.

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

Usually a quote thrown around by people who’ve never been to the city. It’s a beautiful, vibrant city, with the friendliest people in the country. We also have amazing beaches just a stones throw away.

We are exceptionally lucky to live in such a lush place, I’m 2 miles from beaches and a 40 minute drive to the countryside…. We should keep quiet and keep the north east amazing xx"

But unfortunate that jonathan woodgate has been saying nobody would want to go there because of the location. I thought that was an odd effort, but the man has had a few clangers in his time.

over a year ago

Will the richest club in world footy finally get a win tonight. Surely they can beat Norwich

over a year ago

"Will the richest club in world footy finally get a win tonight. Surely they can beat Norwich "

Norfolk chance.

over a year ago

"Will the richest club in world footy finally get a win tonight. Surely they can beat Norwich

Norfolk chance."

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"Will the richest club in world footy finally get a win tonight. Surely they can beat Norwich

Norfolk chance. "

It's started... Trippier to the toon

Post new Message to Thread