Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

One minute silence for the 96

Jump to newest

By *kywatcher OP   Man
over a year ago

Southwick

This was observed impeccably by a 26k crowd at Brighton v Sheffield Wednesday match last night. I am not sure if it will happen at Liverpool match at Sunderland or whether it may be at all matches today in light of the findings this week of the inquiry. Incidentally the 3-0 win puts Brighton top at least until 5pm.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

Good to hear that m8..

this type of tragedy could have been any club at any time in those days..

respect..

By *kmale421Man
over a year ago

wirral

That's really good to hear, and thank you.

There's been a facebook campaign by a Sunderland fan for a while now supporting The Justice for the 96, and she's proposing a minutes applause from all fans at the game today 6 minutes into the game. That would be hard to make happen but I get the feeling something will happen at Sunderland today before the game.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Its good to see the support being given across the country, not just by Liverpool fans

Incidently, You'll Never Walk Alone is now no2 in the Itunes Chart!

By *kmale421Man
over a year ago

wirral

This is what Sunderland are doing, which I have copied off their website, well done Mackams:

Flags to fly at half mast today.

Sunderland AFC has announced that flags will fly at half mast at the Stadium of Light today, in a show of support for all of those affected by the tragic events at Hillsborough.

Flags are flown at half mast at the stadium on the anniversaries of both the Hillsborough and Bradford tragedies and the club felt it was an appropriate gesture to make again today, in light of the events of this week.

Sunderland AFC Chief Executive, Margaret Byrne said: said: “We recognise and respect the significance of this week for fans and our friends and colleagues at Liverpool Football Club.

"The Hillsborough tragedy had a profound effect on football as a whole and the thoughts of everyone at Sunderland are with all of those affected by the tragic events of April 15th 1989.”

By *ovable roguesCouple
over a year ago

GATESHEAD

as i am married to a scouser would just like to say that he says liverpool could not be playing a better team today to show support for the injustice that occured in 89 ...only hope that the liverpool fans can keep their emotions intact today and dont give the police the satisfaction by ruining the good name that has been reinstalled

xx

Post new Message to Thread