FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Post Covid Blues or More time wasters than ever on Fab???

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Like everyone else we had a bit of a break from Fab (other than chatting) during the covid hiatus. Since returning it seems more than impossible to find what we are looking for? We’ve never felt more like wrapping things up and closing our account. Is anyone/everyone finding it the same? Quite straightforward as to what we are looking for and hoping to achieve in meets but who knows? Interested to hear anyone else’s opinion or anyone with similar interests who wants to drop us a message xxx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yep, I find it’s turning into a rude version of Tinder. I left that because I was getting like from some really horrible people ( I knew them locally) at least here is slightly different.

I dunno….

over a year ago

"Yep, I find it’s turning into a rude version of Tinder. I left that because I was getting like from some really horrible people ( I knew them locally) at least here is slightly different.

I dunno….

"

Glad it’s not just us then. Yes some are rude and make zero effort with one line answers or make no effort With their appearance or to actually progress or meet. We hope it’s a blip or just bad luck?

By *exysuzi and Mr.SCouple
over a year ago

CONISTON .Stoke Suburbia. Staffs. BARMOUTH. The Lakes (Monthly)

We have paid the bare minimum membership this time. Actually since lockdown fabs seems to have lost their way. They seem to have their priorities all wrong as to whom they want to attract to the site. We feel the ruder you are to people the more fabs encourages that demographic. Thank goodness this site doesn't run clubs xxxx

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

There's definitely a hangover from Covid, when an overload of bloat from any and everywhere came looking for sexual thrills. It can make the job of filtering for compatible people harder. An easy way is to just meet in clubs and to make this really clear, as many will be unwilling to do this. Also, to take things slowly, as many of the inappropriate fall off very quickly.

over a year ago

"Yep, I find it’s turning into a rude version of Tinder. I left that because I was getting like from some really horrible people ( I knew them locally) at least here is slightly different.

I dunno….

Glad it’s not just us then. Yes some are rude and make zero effort with one line answers or make no effort With their appearance or to actually progress or meet. We hope it’s a blip or just bad luck?"

I’m hoping it’s just a blip. Sooner or later the wannabes will get fed up and leave the doers to get on with it. I’ve come across a couple of time wasters so hopefully time will tell

By *ewCoupleHXCouple
over a year ago

Halifax

Well we are new so can't compare how it was last year but so far our experience has been very positive, definitely more than we can handle. We have talked to and met some really nice folks, some just for friendly drinks, some for a bit more. There are others we would like to and planning to meet, time permitting. Odd rude people but that's distant memory and we tend to forget them real quick due to the majority of decent people here. Mixed feelings on clubs, we are not good with small talk so struggle to get in a clique.

By *lex46TV/TS
over a year ago

Near Wells

Definitely a lot more people who can talk the talk but that's about all they do.

over a year ago

Thanks for all the replies which has restored our faith a little and yes maybe post covid boredom has attracted the wrong crowd. We live in hope. If you have similar desires and interests to those we are looking for then feel free to message us. Interested in all view points though regardless xx

By *entlemenpipMan
over a year ago

not far

I've found a lot more questionable/fake accounts popping up and alot of time waisters

By *good-being-badMan
over a year ago

mis-types and auto corrects leads cock leeds

I haven't noticed any difference in numbers, I interact with those that interest and not engage with the others.

I had a break for a while, I was suffering from what I call fabtigue, thats where I feel fab is repetitive and has a mundaneness to it

over a year ago

"I haven't noticed any difference in numbers, I interact with those that interest and not engage with the others.

I had a break for a while, I was suffering from what I call fabtigue, thats where I feel fab is repetitive and has a mundaneness to it

"

Good point.

By *hrough the looking gla55Couple
over a year ago

Cheam

It’s exhausting

over a year ago

Thanks for all your comments guys. At least it’s not just us experiencing this xx

By *yronMan
over a year ago

grangemouth

Have had it myself as well, even pre-Covid. I usually take a break from the site for a while and come back when I feel more like it.

By *isspurplechesterWoman
over a year ago

Chester

Definitely a lot of talk until it gets to the lets meet for a social, then they disappear off the site, find a partner so no longer looking for the same thing, or just stop chatting! That’s from my couples profile! Very very quiet on mine, I literally feel invisible at the mo! It is what it is and things change for people, thank goodness for clubs

over a year ago

"Definitely a lot of talk until it gets to the lets meet for a social, then they disappear off the site, find a partner so no longer looking for the same thing, or just stop chatting! That’s from my couples profile! Very very quiet on mine, I literally feel invisible at the mo! It is what it is and things change for people, thank goodness for clubs "

Exactly that. Nice profile by the way and not too far from us xx

By *etamax197t6Man
over a year ago

preston

"Like everyone else we had a bit of a break from Fab (other than chatting) during the covid hiatus. Since returning it seems more than impossible to find what we are looking for? We’ve never felt more like wrapping things up and closing our account. Is anyone/everyone finding it the same? Quite straightforward as to what we are looking for and hoping to achieve in meets but who knows? Interested to hear anyone else’s opinion or anyone with similar interests who wants to drop us a message xxx"

Join the club, the whole experience here has been a complete waste of time for me. I hardly check here anymore and am also considering deleting as it's too much trouble wading through all the bad profiles to not even get any replies.

By *elfordstevieMan
over a year ago

Telford

"Like everyone else we had a bit of a break from Fab (other than chatting) during the covid hiatus. Since returning it seems more than impossible to find what we are looking for? We’ve never felt more like wrapping things up and closing our account. Is anyone/everyone finding it the same? Quite straightforward as to what we are looking for and hoping to achieve in meets but who knows? Interested to hear anyone else’s opinion or anyone with similar interests who wants to drop us a message xxx"

There are still some genuine folk around (as you seem to have found recently, judging by your status), but there’s an awful lot more liars and fakes than there ever were pretty-Covid.

Very frustrating.

By *ose and her beastCouple
over a year ago

Watford

Definitely agree on this still some lovely people tho it's just covid has bloated the amount of timewasters for sure been thinking of taking a break again and coming back when covid has become yesterday's news but we are desperate for a meet had a lovely one during the summer and been hungering for more good luck and don't lose heart it's not just you xxx

over a year ago

2019 was the best on here found and meet some lovely people on here…. Definitely seems to have changed now thou. Took a break during covid times and rejoined a short while ago.

Totally understand it’s harder for us single guys, but even with fully reading profiles and sending a nice message still gets blanked, or either 1 or 2 replies.

Makes me wonder if paying and being a genuine member was worth while.

over a year ago

Thanks again for the replies. It seems generally speaking a lot of people are having the same problems and as others have said it’s possibly been distorted by new time wasters joining during covid.

We have been quite regular club goers pre covid but finding days when we are both off work and can book accommodation etc etc is difficult. This is why we’re looking more locally now so we can arrange relaxed nights at each other’s homes. Arranging meets should be fun and not a chore xx

By *stbury DavenportMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

"2019 was the best on here found and meet some lovely people on here…. Definitely seems to have changed now thou. Took a break during covid times and rejoined a short while ago.

Totally understand it’s harder for us single guys, but even with fully reading profiles and sending a nice message still gets blanked, or either 1 or 2 replies.

Makes me wonder if paying and being a genuine member was worth while. "

I paid for a bit in the hopes it would show people I was serious about this. If it helped, I couldn't tell. Right now I'd suggest saving your money for the next time you can make it to a club, which is a far more effective filter.

By *hropsDuoCouple
over a year ago

Shropshire

Maybe a lot of the genuine couples are still taking a Covid break, like we are?

I would imagine during lockdown, when vanilla meets were impossible people may have joined Fab that wouldn't have considered it before, thinking instant sex was easily achievable on here. They would have no idea of swingers protocol but still hanging around to chance their luck!

I suggest only contact people with lots of genuine verifications for the time being

over a year ago

It drives me mad when people do not stay clearly that they are not meeting at beginning of conversations or their profile. Everyone has a right to do whatever but don't lead people on for weeks and months as it's draining energy and unfair.

Good luck with your next moves

over a year ago

*state not stay

By *agerMorganMan
over a year ago

Canvey Island

Since I’ve started posting on the forums, I’ve really noticed a lot of really questionable things being posted, almost illegal.

I’ve spoken to a few decent people here, but it’s really off putting. Not to mention the number of posts moaning about not being able to find a meet etc etc.

over a year ago

Some interesting and valid viewpoints? Maybe just a break is needed?

By *omer47Man
over a year ago

leigh

It seems since covid no one is willing to meet due to the fact that they want assurance that people have had there jabs, (both),but are still unwilling to risk meeting....and all this after people were saying that covid was just the flu. Seems like they don't want to trust there own knowledge knowledge even after the government told them its more serious than that. I for one won't be holding out much luck on getting a meet.....not that I had much luck before covid lol

over a year ago

"2019 was the best on here found and meet some lovely people on here…. Definitely seems to have changed now thou. Took a break during covid times and rejoined a short while ago.

I paid for a bit in the hopes it would show people I was serious about this. If it helped, I couldn't tell. Right now I'd suggest saving your money for the next time you can make it to a club, which is a far more effective filter. "

Yes that’s why I paid…. but don’t think it make a blind bit of difference.

Keen to do the social thing very much but surely must help to know people first

By *omer47Man
over a year ago

leigh

It seems that people don't want to or won't meet untill its safe to do so. The fact is it is safe to do so and this virus is here to stay weather we like it or not. Its something we are all going to have to live with, just like the flu we have boosters for it every year. If you are or wont meet untill its over, or you think its safe then i suggest you go to a shop, buy a sex toy and pleasure yourself with that as the virus is not going to go away. The government and doctors and professors have all said the same thing. Me personally.....I'm going to invest in the sex toy industry as it could soon rise dramatically.

By *ewCoupleHXCouple
over a year ago

Halifax

I paid for a bit in the hopes it would show people I was serious about this. If it helped, I couldn't tell. Right now I'd suggest saving your money for the next time you can make it to a club, which is a far more effective filter. "

While we are not looking for single guys, we do look for and find site supporter status bit more genuine. Doesn't matter if you have good verifications though.

By *ewCoupleHXCouple
over a year ago

Halifax

"It drives me mad when people do not stay clearly that they are not meeting at beginning of conversations or their profile. Everyone has a right to do whatever but don't lead people on for weeks and months as it's draining energy and unfair.

Good luck with your next moves "

Agree, we are learning to spot those who only want to chat, nothing against it but like you not nice leading people on. We now prefer talking to folks with good verifications and our network has grown recently so word of mouth always preferred. Sorry if that sounds a bit like rate a trader dot com.

By *ornypair300Couple
over a year ago

scottish borders

well this forum post couldnt reflect how we feel any better if it tried , nothing but rude pushy people or people that want to talk talk talk then when it comes to meeting suddenly have plans they forgot about or whatever , dont think we will be renewing site supporter again . oh so close to cloing up all together

By *D of funCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

100%... I've come back after covid and it's worse on here than before.

By *odgerMooreMan
over a year ago

Carlisle

I think the core members are here trying to have the rapport and banter we ysed to have but some are just here to empty their balls - just more of them than before

over a year ago

A lot of people are still quite wary of close contact with others. I also feel that lots have gotten out of the habit/mood for even going out! I know I have. I used to love getting dolled up and going out, these days I just can’t be arsed.

Post new Message to Thread