Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Newcastle stag party

Jump to newest

By *r Discreet 75 OP   Man
over a year ago

LIVERPOOL

Hi, because I don't know Newcastle at all so I don't know the best areas to drink in so I'm asking you fab people to suggest a few places ... maybe some live music some lively places but not to young we're all about 35-45... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *offiaCoolWoman
over a year ago

Kidsgrove

Your going to have a stag party in an area none of you know ?

over a year ago

LIVERPOOL

"Your going to have a stag party in an area none of you know ?"
yes I know ...... it wasn't my idea

By *offiaCoolWoman
over a year ago

Kidsgrove

"Your going to have a stag party in an area none of you know ? yes I know ...... it wasn't my idea "

Suggest somewhere you know then, you will have a much better night.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Loads of ppl go to places they don’t know on stag/ hens I think no one knowing you is the whole point. Sure you will have a good time the jordys are great fun

over a year ago

LIVERPOOL

"Loads of ppl go to places they don’t know on stag/ hens I think no one knowing you is the whole point. Sure you will have a good time the jordys are great fun "
yes I agree I drink in Mathew Street all the time and the amount of people who come to Liverpool on a stag and hen party and it's their first time here's be 100s a year

over a year ago

"Your going to have a stag party in an area none of you know ? yes I know ...... it wasn't my idea

Suggest somewhere you know then, you will have a much better night."

But by that logic nobody would go anywhere.

By *offiaCoolWoman
over a year ago

Kidsgrove

"Your going to have a stag party in an area none of you know ? yes I know ...... it wasn't my idea

But by that logic nobody would go anywhere. "

Of course, what was I thinking posting my thoughts

over a year ago

But by that logic nobody would go anywhere.

Of course, what was I thinking posting my thoughts "

Huh?

over a year ago

Iv never been to New Castle and I hope you will have a fabulous time.

over a year ago

Ever stag I've been to I had never been to that place before makes it more fun. Going to Lisbon in a few weeks for one can't wait

over a year ago

LIVERPOOL

"Iv never been to New Castle and I hope you will have a fabulous time. "
it's a long way for me but a very long way for you

over a year ago

LIVERPOOL

"Ever stag I've been to I had never been to that place before makes it more fun. Going to Lisbon in a few weeks for one can't wait "
I went to Lisbon a few years ago had a great time

over a year ago

"Iv never been to New Castle and I hope you will have a fabulous time. it's a long way for me but a very long way for you "

Yeah a bit far but I'm planning my hen do so let me know what it's like.

over a year ago

LIVERPOOL

"Iv never been to New Castle and I hope you will have a fabulous time. it's a long way for me but a very long way for you

Yeah a bit far but I'm planning my hen do so let me know what it's like. "

I will do but you can always come here to Liverpool ..... its about 200 miles closer

over a year ago

"Iv never been to New Castle and I hope you will have a fabulous time. it's a long way for me but a very long way for you

Yeah a bit far but I'm planning my hen do so let me know what it's like. I will do but you can always come here to Liverpool ..... its about 200 miles closer"

Iv never been to Liverpool.

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

A town near you perhaps

"Your going to have a stag party in an area none of you know ? yes I know ...... it wasn't my idea "

It's a fantastic idea. Newcastle is a vibrant city and of course the people up there are some of the best

over a year ago

LIVERPOOL

Yeah a bit far but I'm planning my hen do so let me know what it's like. I will do but you can always come here to Liverpool ..... its about 200 miles closer

Iv never been to Liverpool. "

you'll love it

over a year ago

Bigg Market in s always great , along the Quayside maybe more to your age bracket

over a year ago

LIVERPOOL

"Bigg Market in s always great , along the Quayside maybe more to your age bracket "
thanks I'll check it out

By *ookie46Woman
over a year ago

Deepest darkest Peru

Newcastle is a great night out. As mentioned earlier the Quayside is a great area. Lots of choice and great atmosphere

By *axtenMan
over a year ago

Stokesley

Excellent choice! Can't go wrong doon the Toon ..is it a home game that weekend? You might need an interpreter tho

over a year ago

I'll vouch for Newcastle being a great place OP. Any Rugby League fans like myself on Fab would've likely been up there for the last few annual Magic Weekends and I've never heard anyone say a bad word about it.

I won't make any recommendations as you might have totally different tastes to myself but there's pretty much something for everyone there.

By *ean counterMan
over a year ago

Kettering ish

Its a fantastic place for a stag! Bars just about everywhere and the people are so friendly unlike London

Anywhere from the railway station up in to town will be packed at the weekends

over a year ago

LIVERPOOL

"Newcastle is a great night out. As mentioned earlier the Quayside is a great area. Lots of choice and great atmosphere "
that's where I'm stay I think I'll find out when I get there ??

over a year ago

LIVERPOOL

"Excellent choice! Can't go wrong doon the Toon ..is it a home game that weekend? You might need an interpreter tho "
I'm usually good with accents but they will need one for me

over a year ago

LIVERPOOL

"I'll vouch for Newcastle being a great place OP. Any Rugby League fans like myself on Fab would've likely been up there for the last few annual Magic Weekends and I've never heard anyone say a bad word about it.

I won't make any recommendations as you might have totally different tastes to myself but there's pretty much something for everyone there."

fair enough but you can't go wrong with live music and rock chicks

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Go to

London

over a year ago

LIVERPOOL

"Its a fantastic place for a stag! Bars just about everywhere and the people are so friendly unlike London

Anywhere from the railway station up in to town will be packed at the weekends "

this sounds like a good choice now ... the original 2 the flights got cancelled so this is third choice so I hope you're right mate

over a year ago

Head to Big Market. You can’t go wrong and then ask some locals for clubs etc

over a year ago

LIVERPOOL

"Go to

London "

I would but the rest of the lads won't ... Good bars in London too

over a year ago

"I'll vouch for Newcastle being a great place OP. Any Rugby League fans like myself on Fab would've likely been up there for the last few annual Magic Weekends and I've never heard anyone say a bad word about it.

I won't make any recommendations as you might have totally different tastes to myself but there's pretty much something for everyone there. fair enough but you can't go wrong with live music and rock chicks "

You'd have probably enjoyed the Gotham Town bar right opposite the station but it's closed down now unfortunately. Believe it's a craft beer place these days. There's a quality cheesy 80's bar near the bus station if you're into 80's stuff.

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"Go to

London I would but the rest of the lads won't ... Good bars in London too"

Yes x

over a year ago

LIVERPOOL

"Head to Big Market. You can’t go wrong and then ask some locals for clubs etc "
someone else has recommended that I'll definitely have a look

over a year ago

"Go to

London "

Too expensive and full of Southerners (nearly had to remortgage to buy a round in Soho!). Stay up north OP, you know it makes sense.

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Where we all going then il be arriving aswell x

over a year ago

LIVERPOOL

"Go to

London

Too expensive and full of Southerners (nearly had to remortgage to buy a round in Soho!). Stay up north OP, you know it makes sense. "

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"Go to

London

Too expensive and full of Southerners (nearly had to remortgage to buy a round in Soho!). Stay up north OP, you know it makes sense. "

over a year ago

LIVERPOOL

"Where we all going then il be arriving aswell x"

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"Where we all going then il be arriving aswell x "

In a fur coat yeah a fake one x

over a year ago

LIVERPOOL

"Where we all going then il be arriving aswell x

In a fur coat yeah a fake one x"

all fur coat and no knickers

By *mynclMan
over a year ago

Newcastle

Quayside has loads of nice bars, also dean street, big market market mostly Chavs if that’s your thing

By *reya73Woman
over a year ago

Whitley Bay

Quayside is lovely and next to the river looks gorgeous. Nice restaurants there.

For more quirky/less conventional try heading to Ouseburn, the Ship/Tyne Bar/Telegraph.

Personally I'd stay away from big market but its just because its not my cuppa tea. If you're big on drinks, clubby feel and vomit on the street it may be for you ha.

Then.. Go to Tynemouth on Sunday for seaside brekky or fish n chips and drinks in the afternoon.

Don't leave without a plodge in the sea.. The beaches are great at Tynemouth, Cullercoats and Whitley Bay and only a metro ride away.

Sea kayaking and SUP in Cullercoats if you're feeling adventurous!

Enjoy.

Oh and.. The orange scooters are hilarious and brilliant for getting around in Newcastle.

Enjoy

By *ust PeachyWoman
over a year ago

Prestonish

Yeah a bit far but I'm planning my hen do so let me know what it's like. I will do but you can always come here to Liverpool ..... its about 200 miles closer

Iv never been to Liverpool. "

Liverpool is great - so is Newcastle (this is for both you and the op my lovely)

Both are great for drinking - and both have a really chilled, friendly atmosphere in my opinion. Not sure what it’s called Op - but there’s a mile or so along the Tyne that has some beautiful restaurants and bars - not the cheapest though. There are also the usual strip clubs there if that’s your thing - and a swinging club if your friends are feeling particularly brave (and if you can get in).

I’m sure you’ll all have a fantastic time op!

Lorna - if you end up in Liverpool for your hen do I’d love to come and meet you for a wee while!

By *ust PeachyWoman
over a year ago

Prestonish

"Quayside is lovely and next to the river looks gorgeous. Nice restaurants there.

For more quirky/less conventional try heading to Ouseburn, the Ship/Tyne Bar/Telegraph.

Personally I'd stay away from big market but its just because its not my cuppa tea. If you're big on drinks, clubby feel and vomit on the street it may be for you ha.

Then.. Go to Tynemouth on Sunday for seaside brekky or fish n chips and drinks in the afternoon.

Don't leave without a plodge in the sea.. The beaches are great at Tynemouth, Cullercoats and Whitley Bay and only a metro ride away.

Enjoy.

Oh and.. The orange scooters are hilarious and brilliant for getting around in Newcastle.

Enjoy "

Now I want to go!

You’d make a great tourism thingemibob my lovely!

over a year ago

Bigg market is ace for the craic pal!

Loads of people loads of pubs and clubs.

I haven’t been for many years but if I was going I’d be going there!

Have fun and stay safe

By *ean counterMan
over a year ago

Kettering ish

"Go to

London "

Noooooo!!!! Everyone is miserable, frightfully important and busy, always in a rush, rude, ignorant and unfriendly. Apart from that it's great !!

By *oonsterblue74Man
over a year ago

Tyne and Wear

Newcastle is a great night out, stay by the station, lots of good bars and clubs. Enjoy

over a year ago

LIVERPOOL

"Quayside has loads of nice bars, also dean street, big market market mostly Chavs if that’s your thing "
no I'm more live band and chatty but the lads might like it some of them I don't know so there might be a chav or 2 among us

over a year ago

LIVERPOOL

" Bigg market is ace for the craic pal!

Loads of people loads of pubs and clubs.

I haven’t been for many years but if I was going I’d be going there!

Have fun and stay safe "

I'll try my best I'm sure it'll be fantastic

over a year ago

LIVERPOOL

"Newcastle is a great night out, stay by the station, lots of good bars and clubs. Enjoy"
ok mate thanks

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"Where we all going then il be arriving aswell x

In a fur coat yeah a fake one x all fur coat and no knickers "

Cheeky

over a year ago

"Newcastle is a great night out. As mentioned earlier the Quayside is a great area. Lots of choice and great atmosphere "

Maybe a good place for a hen do?

over a year ago

"Its a fantastic place for a stag! Bars just about everywhere and the people are so friendly unlike London

Anywhere from the railway station up in to town will be packed at the weekends "

London is very friendly it just depends how friendly and approachable you are.

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

A town near you perhaps

"Go to

London

Noooooo!!!! Everyone is miserable, frightfully important and busy, always in a rush, rude, ignorant and unfriendly. Apart from that it's great !! "

And all sit/stand in silence on the tube. What's that all about

over a year ago

"Go to

London

Noooooo!!!! Everyone is miserable, frightfully important and busy, always in a rush, rude, ignorant and unfriendly. Apart from that it's great !!

And all sit/stand in silence on the tube. What's that all about "

When did this turn into a London bashing thread!

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"Go to

London

Noooooo!!!! Everyone is miserable, frightfully important and busy, always in a rush, rude, ignorant and unfriendly. Apart from that it's great !! "

They have jobs

By *mynclMan
over a year ago

Newcastle

Tbh where ever you go on city you’ll have a great time

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

A town near you perhaps

There are lots of very central hotels in Newcastle too at reasonable prices. A few are a cock stride away from the train station which is handy for some good pubs.

By *uitednbooted2Man
over a year ago

Berkshire

Quayside

Big Market

Diamond Quarter

Quite a few good bars on Grey st

By *ean counterMan
over a year ago

Kettering ish

Anywhere from the railway station up in to town will be packed at the weekends

London is very friendly it just depends how friendly and approachable you are. "

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Hi, because I don't know Newcastle at all so I don't know the best areas to drink in so I'm asking you fab people to suggest a few places ... maybe some live music some lively places but not to young we're all about 35-45... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated "

In the city centre it’s either the bigg market or the quayside ( that tends to be the older crowd) just outside the centre you have Osborne Road in jesmond…. Or you can always do Whitley bay by the coast….

By *ean counterMan
over a year ago

Kettering ish

"Go to

London

They have jobs

"

They do! Very very very very important jobs that mean they have to get to work 5 minutes before they leave home and walk fast and talk on the phone (because they are so important) and have a coffee on the go ( because they are so busy)! Some of them, and this is no bullshit have to get in to the office before 9.30am!! Thats how busy and important they are !!!

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

A town near you perhaps

"Hi, because I don't know Newcastle at all so I don't know the best areas to drink in so I'm asking you fab people to suggest a few places ... maybe some live music some lively places but not to young we're all about 35-45... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

In the city centre it’s either the bigg market or the quayside ( that tends to be the older crowd) just outside the centre you have Osborne Road in jesmond…. Or you can always do Whitley bay by the coast…."

My best friend had her hen party there, what a night that was. Fantastic.

By *rMrsBrightsideCouple
over a year ago

Newcastle

"Go to

London

When did this turn into a London bashing thread!"

There wasn’t much silence on the tubes we were travelling on at the weekend

By *elshkinkyMan
over a year ago

south wales

You can’t go wrong in Newcastle

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

A town near you perhaps

"Go to

London

When did this turn into a London bashing thread!

There wasn’t much silence on the tubes we were travelling on at the weekend "

But you're a chatty northerner

over a year ago

LIVERPOOL

"Quayside

Big Market

Diamond Quarter

Quite a few good bars on Grey st "

thanks mate

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan
over a year ago

here

Mile Castle

Drink on each level - start at the top, work your way down

By *ruebameMan
over a year ago

from the womb and tryout to get back

"Quayside is lovely and next to the river looks gorgeous. Nice restaurants there.

Enjoy.

Enjoy "

Freya don't forget Jesmond there are some quiet bars there as well if there not looking to go clubbing

By *ean counterMan
over a year ago

Kettering ish

The Eagle on Scotswood Road is, errrm? Interesting

By *idzguyMan
over a year ago

coventry

I went on a stag so many years ago up in Newcastle, stated off at the quayside which was ok and busy with loads of stags and hens. Ended up on the boat/nightclub on the river which I hear is sadly no more?

Regardless, you’ll have a good time always a good night out in Newcastle and the Geordies are a decent bunch. I went on my own first work once rather than stay in hotel alone I went out and ended up on a pub crawl with complete strangers who were locals was a brill night

over a year ago

Just go up the hill to big market loads around there im usually in jessmond but do venture in to ctr always a laugh you'll have a great time.

over a year ago

LIVERPOOL

"Mile Castle

Drink on each level - start at the top, work your way down

"

that sounds good to me mate

over a year ago

LIVERPOOL

"I went on a stag so many years ago up in Newcastle, stated off at the quayside which was ok and busy with loads of stags and hens. Ended up on the boat/nightclub on the river which I hear is sadly no more?

Regardless, you’ll have a good time always a good night out in Newcastle and the Geordies are a decent bunch. I went on my own first work once rather than stay in hotel alone I went out and ended up on a pub crawl with complete strangers who were locals was a brill night "

that sounds messy I'm only hearing good things

By *ookie46Woman
over a year ago

Deepest darkest Peru

Enjoy.

Enjoy

Freya don't forget Jesmond there are some quiet bars there as well if there not looking to go clubbing "

Oh there’s a fab Indian restaurant Jesmond where you can be in your own little pod to eat but I can’t remember the name

By *exbot 1Man
over a year ago

Chester le street

You will enjoy the toon especially on weekend plenty bars to suit everyone

Post new Message to Thread