Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Did you have one?

What made you who you are today?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *histler21Man
over a year ago

Ipswich

No.

Learning how to overcome shyness and the inability to interact with girls.

By *icketysplits OP   Woman
over a year ago

"No.

Learning how to overcome shyness and the inability to interact with girls."

What did you do?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Being made to crawl naked, covered in honey, across the workshop floor of the mattress factory, whilst being 'pillowed' by all of the women there

over a year ago

"Being made to crawl naked, covered in honey, across the workshop floor of the mattress factory, whilst being 'pillowed' by all of the women there "

Is this ritual particular to Wales or just to you?

By *histler21Man
over a year ago

Ipswich

"No.

What did you do?"

I decided I needed to put myself in situations where I wasn't comfortable. I joined the Playgroup committee/PTA/School Governing body. I learned how to interact with people.

I joined a website where I could post naked photos of myself. I learned to love my body.

I messaged other people on that website and learned how to chat, to listen, to communicate, to tease.

With this sort of confidence, I know I can hold my own (but prefer others to hold it for me).

It's not a quick thing to achieve, but I like me - and have found that others like me too (although it is still a bit hard to really understand why - I'm nothing special).

over a year ago

"No.

What did you do?

I decided I needed to put myself in situations where I wasn't comfortable. I joined the Playgroup committee/PTA/School Governing body. I learned how to interact with people.

I joined a website where I could post naked photos of myself. I learned to love my body.

I messaged other people on that website and learned how to chat, to listen, to communicate, to tease.

With this sort of confidence, I know I can hold my own (but prefer others to hold it for me).

It's not a quick thing to achieve, but I like me - and have found that others like me too (although it is still a bit hard to really understand why - I'm nothing special)."

Good for you.

over a year ago

Playing for the first time at a BDSM club, does that count? I've never looked back

over a year ago

"Playing for the first time at a BDSM club, does that count? I've never looked back "

Of course that counts. It was obviously life changing but did it feel like a rite of passage?

By *arnayguyMan
over a year ago

Durham Tees

"Playing for the first time at a BDSM club, does that count? I've never looked back "

That's more of a 'right up your passage'.

over a year ago

All sorts of things have influenced who I am today. I don't know how major they need to be to count.

Completing my degree and the graduation ceremony were pretty major.

Giving my first presentation. Running my first training session. Writing my first policy document.

Wearing latex for the first time.

The first time I was paid to Dominate someone (and I know I've now opened myself up for all sorts of insults and being called a whore).

First paycheck and first income tax and NI payments!

over a year ago

"All sorts of things have influenced who I am today. I don't know how major they need to be to count.

Completing my degree and the graduation ceremony were pretty major.

Giving my first presentation. Running my first training session. Writing my first policy document.

Wearing latex for the first time.

The first time I was paid to Dominate someone (and I know I've now opened myself up for all sorts of insults and being called a whore).

First paycheck and first income tax and NI payments!"

I think the income tax and NI payment is a rite of passage. Thanks for sharing.

over a year ago

Buying my first car. That was quite literally a rite of passage. Freedom to roam! Brilliant!

over a year ago

driving my first oilder woman at the age of 19....

loved her MOY check and regular servicing

By *ornyHorwichCpl aka HHCCouple
over a year ago

horwich

No rites of passage but as to what made me who I am today??

My parents for giving me the grounding in life

Myself for learning to love who I am

My friends who have never turned away

My first bi experience to cement what I always believed

And finally to Rhett who finally set me free.

I may not have much but I am the happiest I have ever been and with someone who understands who I am . Sweeet!!

Scarlett x

over a year ago

"Playing for the first time at a BDSM club, does that count? I've never looked back

Of course that counts. It was obviously life changing but did it feel like a rite of passage?"

Yes it did for me. I've had social phobias, for most of my life. Always felt on the outskirts of everything even from schooldays. I'd been going to these clubs for several months before I finaly had the courage to play.

That day I found where I needed to be and consequently everything else has fallen into place. I actually feel like a part of the human race now instead of a spectator

over a year ago

Had to be passing my driving test and buying my first car, that independence helped make me who I am today.

Oh and losing my virginity in a threesome with my best mate and his gf, that kinda made me who I am too hehe!!

over a year ago

"No rites of passage but as to what made me who I am today??

My parents for giving me the grounding in life

Myself for learning to love who I am

My friends who have never turned away

My first bi experience to cement what I always believed

And finally to Rhett who finally set me free.

I may not have much but I am the happiest I have ever been and with someone who understands who I am . Sweeet!!

Scarlett x"

That is lovely and has left me with a warm glow.

over a year ago

"Playing for the first time at a BDSM club, does that count? I've never looked back

Of course that counts. It was obviously life changing but did it feel like a rite of passage?

Yes it did for me. I've had social phobias, for most of my life. Always felt on the outskirts of everything even from schooldays. I'd been going to these clubs for several months before I finaly had the courage to play.

That day I found where I needed to be and consequently everything else has fallen into place. I actually feel like a part of the human race now instead of a spectator "

It is usually more fun being a participant than a spectator.

over a year ago

"Had to be passing my driving test and buying my first car, that independence helped make me who I am today.

Oh and losing my virginity in a threesome with my best mate and his gf, that kinda made me who I am too hehe!! "

Was that in the car too?

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

Art School, discovering difference and embracing it

over a year ago

"Art School, discovering difference and embracing it"

A friend used almost exactly the same words at dinner last night. Difference is to be celebrated and embraced as often as possible.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

After my mother died 2 days before my 7th birthday, I spent 10 yrs at boarding school. That made me learn how to look after myself and gave me countless opportunities that going to a "normal" school could never have provided.

over a year ago

"After my mother died 2 days before my 7th birthday, I spent 10 yrs at boarding school. That made me learn how to look after myself and gave me countless opportunities that going to a "normal" school could never have provided."

'Show me the boy at 7 and I will show you the man' - I think that is a pretty big rite of passage and I guess you had to grow up quickly. Thanks for sharing.

By *aceytopWoman
over a year ago

from a town near you

"After my mother died 2 days before my 7th birthday, I spent 10 yrs at boarding school. That made me learn how to look after myself and gave me countless opportunities that going to a "normal" school could never have provided."
lost my mum at the same age,what happened after that made me the person i am today

over a year ago

"After my mother died 2 days before my 7th birthday, I spent 10 yrs at boarding school. That made me learn how to look after myself and gave me countless opportunities that going to a "normal" school could never have provided.lost my mum at the same age,what happened after that made me the person i am today"

Thanks for sharing too.

over a year ago

"Had to be passing my driving test and buying my first car, that independence helped make me who I am today.

Oh and losing my virginity in a threesome with my best mate and his gf, that kinda made me who I am too hehe!!

Was that in the car too?"

God no, it was only a metro, it was a squeeze getting 2 in let alone more lol

over a year ago

Being grounded from school outings with my fellow housemates from the same year when I was 15, due to overstaying in the city centre as some of them did not want to go back to school at 15:30h when the last bus back was due to leave, and they had their boyfriends there with them.

All hell broke loose, and each one of us were inter_iewed by the headmistress afterwards.

I was promised immunity from any punishment if I told the truth about what happened.

I knew then the life of a snitch would be unbearable, being in a private school, so I stuck to the same version as agreed with the ring leaders.

As soon as I got out of the headmistress office, I stormed into my house's UV common room and told the rest of them I would not participate in anymore of their fun and games, and would never lie for them again.

over a year ago

"Being grounded from school outings with my fellow housemates from the same year when I was 15, due to overstaying in the city centre as some of them did not want to go back to school at 15:30h when the last bus back was due to leave, and they had their boyfriends there with them.

All hell broke loose, and each one of us were inter_iewed by the headmistress afterwards.

I was promised immunity from any punishment if I told the truth about what happened.

I knew then the life of a snitch would be unbearable, being in a private school, so I stuck to the same version as agreed with the ring leaders.

As soon as I got out of the headmistress office, I stormed into my house's UV common room and told the rest of them I would not participate in anymore of their fun and games, and would never lie for them again.

"

That takes guts.

Post new Message to Thread