Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

School tells parents to stop wearing pyjamas

Jump to newest

By *arlomale OP   Man
over a year ago

darlington

In the local paper on Friday a school in Middlesbrough sent an open letter to parents asking them to dress when dropping kids off at school is it the schools business to tell parents what to wear personally I’m with the school I don’t think it’s a good example in the evening gazette today it shows pictures of parents still going to the school in pyjamas some comments have said it’s the parents being lazy some saying at least they are getting them to school and we shouldn’t judge them

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

They probably can’t tell people what to wear. But I don’t think it sets a good example to do that either. I think it’s awful. Just my personal opinion

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

If you're too lazy to change from pyjamas to leave the house why not just go to bed in clothes that arent pyjamas

Reply privately

over a year ago

This country is really at an all time low innit.

Reply privately

By *arlomale OP   Man
over a year ago

darlington

"If you're too lazy to change from pyjamas to leave the house why not just go to bed in clothes that arent pyjamas "
I mite suggest that on the comments section of the news paper the article is in

Reply privately

By * Sophie xTV/TS
over a year ago

Derby

Children gollow the examples set to them by parents and their peers so the parents wearing pyjamas and dressing gowns to drop off their crotch goblins are showing them that laziness and etiquette don't matter in life which it obviously does.

These are likely the same parents and people you see at the supermarket in the very same PJ'S,

It takes moments to get dressed and present yourself as a fully functioning adult and you can hardly scream at your kids to get dressed for school if you yourself can't be arsed to pull on a pair of jeans, a top and some shoes to take them.

Also don't you think your kids might feel a little less embarrassed of you when you're in grown up clothes and not yesterday evenings PJ'S with gravy dripped on them from last nights dinner?

Reply privately

By *929Man
over a year ago

newcastle

"If you're too lazy to change from pyjamas to leave the house why not just go to bed in clothes that arent pyjamas "

Haha great point

Reply privately

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

There are social norms that we hope parents might consider following such as wearing clothes appropriate for outside and not pyjamas - lazy sods!

Reply privately

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

I rather that the kids were fed, had clean teeth and clothes than worry about what their parents wore to be honest.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It beggars belief that people need to be told to get dressed before leaving the house.

Probably not the school's place to say but really. What is wrong with people?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"Children gollow the examples set to them by parents and their peers so the parents wearing pyjamas and dressing gowns to drop off their crotch goblins are showing them that laziness and etiquette don't matter in life which it obviously does.

These are likely the same parents and people you see at the supermarket in the very same PJ'S,

It takes moments to get dressed and present yourself as a fully functioning adult and you can hardly scream at your kids to get dressed for school if you yourself can't be arsed to pull on a pair of jeans, a top and some shoes to take them.

Also don't you think your kids might feel a little less embarrassed of you when you're in grown up clothes and not yesterday evenings PJ'S with gravy dripped on them from last nights dinner?

"

Reply privately

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

"I rather that the kids were fed, had clean teeth and clothes than worry about what their parents wore to be honest. "

Agree Frida. I'm not a huge fan of pjs as street clothes but in the grand scheme of things I think there are other more important things to worry about.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Just get dressed ffs not hard is it

Reply privately

over a year ago

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Children gollow the examples set to them by parents and their peers so the parents wearing pyjamas and dressing gowns to drop off their crotch goblins are showing them that laziness and etiquette don't matter in life which it obviously does.

"

Reply privately

over a year ago

It’s tacky and slatternly.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I just don't get how people can leave the house in pj's without having a shower and getting dressed first.

Getting out of bed 20 mins earlier won't ever kill you and you will still get to school on time.

I think the school has every right to ask parents to get dressed. If they want to enter the school grounds then get dressed.

Most kids now wear uniforms nd manage to get dressed so parents can wear clothes surely.

Reply privately

By *S2004Man
over a year ago

Bromsgrove

Pure genius

Reply privately

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"I just don't get how people can leave the house in pj's without having a shower and getting dressed first.

Getting out of bed 20 mins earlier won't ever kill you and you will still get to school on time.

I think the school has every right to ask parents to get dressed. If they want to enter the school grounds then get dressed.

Most kids now wear uniforms nd manage to get dressed so parents can wear clothes surely. "

Exactly. I don’t get it either. Bet they don’t even brush their teeth either

Reply privately

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

[Removed by poster at 05/10/21 19:59:33]

Reply privately

By *os19Man
over a year ago

Edmonton

Would these parents go to work , formal occasion , job interview in pyjamas.Would they be happy with the teachers teaching there children in pyjamas.If the answer is yes then no problem if the answer is no then get dressed.

Reply privately

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

"I rather that the kids were fed, had clean teeth and clothes than worry about what their parents wore to be honest.

Agree Frida. I'm not a huge fan of pjs as street clothes but in the grand scheme of things I think there are other more important things to worry about.

"

Agreed I don't like people wearing PJ's outside the home. But when there are kids turning up to school hungry and some are so far behind educationally after this last year, the school should focus on those things in my opinion.

Reply privately

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

They come in supermarket in them! Pink fluffy dressing gowns and slippers 2! X

Reply privately

over a year ago

Why is that mutually exclusive ?

"I rather that the kids were fed, had clean teeth and clothes than worry about what their parents wore to be honest. "

Reply privately

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

Quite right. Sometimes the parents need education too. Put some clothes on.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I just don't get how people can leave the house in pj's without having a shower and getting dressed first.

Most kids now wear uniforms nd manage to get dressed so parents can wear clothes surely.

Exactly. I don’t get it either. Bet they don’t even brush their teeth either "

Of course not as 10 minutes later you see them in the supermarket rather than go home to wash!

Reply privately

over a year ago

They’re used to be called Students. Haha

"They come in supermarket in them! Pink fluffy dressing gowns and slippers 2! X"

Reply privately

over a year ago

They had to get the kids to turn their zoom cameras off because of all the half naked parents during lockdown in the backgrounds

Reply privately

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Judgey much? You don't know someone's circumstances, you don't know their mental health challenges.

I've never taken my child to school in PJs but I do know what it's like to be so depressed that taking the bins out is a challenge.

If you've never experienced that kind of depression then lucky you.

Well done for getting those kids up, dressed, fed and to school, I say.

Reply privately

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

"Why is that mutually exclusive ?

I rather that the kids were fed, had clean teeth and clothes than worry about what their parents wore to be honest. "

As in what I believe the parents and school should worry more about. What someone who spends what a couple of minutes less these days due to covid. Is that the best use of school resources to worry about what they are wearing. When there are kids turning up to school hungry etc.

Reply privately

By *yron69Man
over a year ago

Fareham

A local girl’s mum used to shuffle to the corner shop in her slippers in the early 80s. That’s when the rot set in.

Reply privately

over a year ago

You say that but some parents have arrived at school to drop their children off in a completely inappropriate state of well undress.

Normally it starts off with the odd parent wearing pyjamas and or dressing gown but we have had parents in my old job turning up in practically see through nighties. It's just not appropriate.

Reply privately

over a year ago

They probably don’t feed there kids breakfast, if they can’t get into a routine of getting up showered, dressed breakfast etc do you think they can be bothered to do there kids breakfast?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I rather that the kids were fed, had clean teeth and clothes than worry about what their parents wore to be honest.

Agreed I don't like people wearing PJ's outside the home. But when there are kids turning up to school hungry and some are so far behind educationally after this last year, the school should focus on those things in my opinion. "

They are focusing on these things but parents have a responsibility to make sure they are appropriately dressed to bring their children in to someone else's work place. How long does it take to put a Hoody and pair of jeans on?

Reply privately

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

You say that but some parents have arrived at school to drop their children off in a completely inappropriate state of well undress.

Normally it starts off with the odd parent wearing pyjamas and or dressing gown but we have had parents in my old job turning up in practically see through nighties. It's just not appropriate. "

I personally believe that parents should wear appropriate clothing. But I've turned up at the gates after work absolutely stinking because I haven't had time to wash and change beforehand.

With so many kids who are so far behind after covid I'm not sure this is the best use of school time that's all.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Normally it starts off with the odd parent wearing pyjamas and or dressing gown but we have had parents in my old job turning up in practically see through nighties. It's just not appropriate. "

It’s not appropriate. Not one bit of me thinks going to school to drop your kids off in your pjs is appropriate, no matter what.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Judgey much? You don't know someone's circumstances, you don't know their mental health challenges.

I've never taken my child to school in PJs but I do know what it's like to be so depressed that taking the bins out is a challenge.

Well done for getting those kids up, dressed, fed and to school, I say."

From experience I can tell you the school do know who these parents are and will make exceptions however often it starts off with one coming in PJ's and before you know it you've got 15 parents at the gates wearing completely inappropriate nightwear.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Normally it starts off with the odd parent wearing pyjamas and or dressing gown but we have had parents in my old job turning up in practically see through nighties. It's just not appropriate.

I personally believe that parents should wear appropriate clothing. But I've turned up at the gates after work absolutely stinking because I haven't had time to wash and change beforehand.

With so many kids who are so far behind after covid I'm not sure this is the best use of school time that's all. "

I doubt it took too much time to stick that sentence in the newsletter or type it on the website.

Reply privately

over a year ago

With so many kids who are so far behind after covid I'm not sure this is the best use of school time that's all. "

The admin team typing up a quick letter is hardly taking away from the children's education.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It doesn't take long to message parents to say dress appropriately. It really won't be taking away education time from the kids. And anyway, I think being taught to dress appropriately for an occasion is a life skill. Clearly some of these parents can't be trusted to teach their kids that by turning up to school in pjs!

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's not a look I'd particularly want to be seen in, however I also know that I've picked my son up from the station or ran his girlfriend home in my onesie so I'm not really in a place to judge!

Reply privately

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

With so many kids who are so far behind after covid I'm not sure this is the best use of school time that's all.

I doubt it took too much time to stick that sentence in the newsletter or type it on the website. "

Yeah if it's like my school newsletter I scan it for important bits, ours are currently 8-10 pages long!! And I doubt anyone who would turn up in Pjs are going to care over a sentence in a newsletter.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Wow... people actually leave the house in pj's

Thats pretty grim

Reply privately

By *wist my nipplesCouple
over a year ago

North East Scotland, mostly

I don't think it's for the school to tell parents how to dress. As long as nobody is turning up at school flashing their arse in a scanty nightie I don't see why it's any of the school's concern.

Mrs TMN x

Reply privately

By *wist my nipplesCouple
over a year ago

North East Scotland, mostly

I hear you, Frida. You would think the school has other priorities.

Reply privately

By *ickshawedCouple
over a year ago

Wolverhampton

The one time I did the school run in my PJ's my husband was on morning shifts, I had awful morning sickness and had to get one child to nursery and one to school after getting them both up, dressed and fed.

I felt a huge amount of embarrassment doing it but I physically couldn't have managed anything more than shoving on some trainers and a coat on top of my pyjamas.

I'm not saying any parent who is still in pyjamas is ill but a little understanding never goes amiss.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I've thrown on a pair of jeans , with my pj top, and a coat on occasionally. And I can tell you I'm a very good parent, who feeds her children breakfast, and I choose to spend our mornings chatting about the day ahead, and then my day starts when I've done the school run, then I'll get showered, dressed and go to work.

I'm not lucky enough (due to work) to be able to pick them up each day, so I'd rather maximise my morning time with them when I need to.

Reply privately

By *andare63Man
over a year ago

oldham

Yet another sign of the times. A trailer trash society that chips away at the very foundations of decency. The more we turn a blind eye to this the less right we will have to complain. The school is right to uphold standards

Reply privately

By *hubby CoupleCouple
over a year ago

Essex

This could be a lot worse, parents turning up in pyjamas and CROCS

Reply privately

over a year ago

As someone that’s worked night shifts the best part of 10 years I can say I’m in the pyjama parade and I don’t give a fuck. When I worked in the prison my mum would have my daughter, I’d finish a shift at 4, 5 or 6 am get home, my mum would then go home herself. Get changed out of my prison officer uniform, put on my pjs, sleep for literally 2 or 3 hours then have to get up and get my daughter to school where I could barely open my eyes let alone get dressed for the day, I’d always be going back to bed for a few more hours anyway after the school run. I suppose I redeemed myself by always looking banging my the afternoon when it came to picking her up. All the teachers and other parents knew I worked night shifts so I didn’t really care.

I’d never judge someone for wearing pjs, nobody knows every individuals circumstances.

Reply privately

By *idsCouple1Couple
over a year ago

Tamworth

I want to start by saying that I’ve never taken my kids to school in my pjs..

They are clean, teeth done, fresh uniform and fed every morning.

I’m always dressed and clean, I’m even that mum that has make up on on the school run sometimes.

That being said, I have an extremely painful physical condition that plain disables me some days (thankfully not often) I can barely get myself out of bed.. hubby works away.. I have no family living anywhere remotely near me.

It would kill me but my kids would still be clean, fed and dressed for school.. me however? I might very possibly just not be able to do a thing more… the shuffle to school would be unbearable and like hell would I care if I was still in my pjs! My kids would be sorted and that’s what matters!

Again, I’ve never had to, but I’m not ruling out the possibility. I won’t ever judge someone, especially if they’ve managed to get their kids to school. You don’t know a persons situation.. be kind!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I don't think it's for the school to tell parents how to dress. As long as nobody is turning up at school flashing their arse in a scanty nightie I don't see why it's any of the school's concern.

Mrs TMN x "

But they often do, I can I assure you. A school is a professional work place and how would you feel if someone constantly turned up at your workplace wearing completely inappropriate clothing?

Reply privately

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

I'd much rather those parents got their kids to school wearing pj's than didn't get them to school.

I can understand the school wanting a 'dress' code.

The mental health point was a good point. Anyone suffering so, then that's got to be tough.

Also, the point that these cases are usual known, so I presume allowances are made.

I say dress for the occasion but if you are 'pushed' then you got to do what you got to do.

Reply privately

By *hubby CoupleCouple
over a year ago

Essex

"As someone that’s worked night shifts the best part of 10 years I can say I’m in the pyjama parade and I don’t give a fuck. When I worked in the prison my mum would have my daughter, I’d finish a shift at 4, 5 or 6 am get home, my mum would then go home herself. Get changed out of my prison officer uniform, put on my pjs, sleep for literally 2 or 3 hours then have to get up and get my daughter to school where I could barely open my eyes let alone get dressed for the day, I’d always be going back to bed for a few more hours anyway after the school run. I suppose I redeemed myself by always looking banging my the afternoon when it came to picking her up. All the teachers and other parents knew I worked night shifts so I didn’t really care.

I’d never judge someone for wearing pjs, nobody knows every individuals circumstances. "

This is exactly what people should be thinking.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'd much rather those parents got their kids to school wearing pj's than didn't get them to school.

The mental health point was a good point. Anyone suffering so, then that's got to be tough.

Also, the point that these cases are usual known, so I presume allowances are made.

I say dress for the occasion but if you are 'pushed' then you got to do what you got to do.

"

This letter wouldn't have been sent out because the odd parent occasionally turns up wearing pyjamas. As I said before it starts off with one regularly turning up in pyjamas and before you know it you've got parents coming in regularly with nighties on it happens at the beginning of a almost every new school year.

Reply privately

By *ibonacciMan
over a year ago

hidden location

The bigger question is: Do people actually still wear pyjamas..?? Whats the schools definition of jammies?

Reply privately

By *arialoueWoman
over a year ago

bradford

Where I live it's pj centre coz they even go to the shops in there pj's I admit I've done it but I've put some joggers over the top before leaving the house if I'm already in my pj's later in the day eg like after work

Reply privately

By *elshkinkyMan
over a year ago

south wales

Just call it lounge wear

Reply privately

over a year ago

Will there be another Butler-Sloss inquiry ? All

Sounds a bit suspect , children-parents-bedclothes

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The bigger question is: Do people actually still wear pyjamas..?? Whats the schools definition of jammies?"

Clear obvious nightwear, schools do not expect parents to be immaculate a simple pair of jeans and a Hoddy will do. In the school I worked at we had parents turn up to parents evening in pyjamas and dressing down. I'm not talking about someone who is in a hurry and occasionally turns up in pyjamas.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I had a parent pick up her kid at 3:30 wearing pajamas. Unfortunately for her I was working 1-2-1 with a child who has no filter and straight up asked her if they were her pajamas. When she said yes he burst into uncontrollable laughter and jumped up and down shouting "look pajamas" over and over. We need more kids like him!

Reply privately

By *ibonacciMan
over a year ago

hidden location

"I had a parent pick up her kid at 3:30 wearing pajamas. Unfortunately for her I was working 1-2-1 with a child who has no filter and straight up asked her if they were her pajamas. When she said yes he burst into uncontrollable laughter and jumped up and down shouting "look pajamas" over and over. We need more kids like him! "

Reply privately

over a year ago

Examples are set more than what’s displayed by what a persons wears regardless of judgmental ideas linked to whatever stereotype one may ponder. Nothing to do with the school what parents wear. I remember being pestered to get dressed to walk up snowdon one hot day. One was happy in boxers yet everyone did not understand.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I had a parent pick up her kid at 3:30 wearing pajamas. Unfortunately for her I was working 1-2-1 with a child who has no filter and straight up asked her if they were her pajamas. When she said yes he burst into uncontrollable laughter and jumped up and down shouting "look pajamas" over and over. We need more kids like him! "

Common and regular occurrence at my daughter's school, always puzzled me why some people can't even get dressed by the afternoon

Reply privately

By *elvet RopeMan
over a year ago

by the big field

"....is it the schools business to tell parents what to wear...."

Quite a few parents seem to think its down to the schools to toilet train their offspring, feed them and many other basic parental responsibilities, according to a few teacher friends

Reply privately

over a year ago

"....is it the schools business to tell parents what to wear....

Quite a few parents seem to think its down to the schools to toilet train their offspring, feed them and many other basic parental responsibilities, according to a few teacher friends "

Definitely!

Reply privately

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

"I'd much rather those parents got their kids to school wearing pj's than didn't get them to school.

This letter wouldn't have been sent out because the odd parent occasionally turns up wearing pyjamas. As I said before it starts off with one regularly turning up in pyjamas and before you know it you've got parents coming in regularly with nighties on it happens at the beginning of a almost every new school year. "

I do get it...it's not a good precedent.

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

It's not always 'can't' it's sometimes won't.

I won't.

Why should I ?

I get up. Exercise. Clean up in my p.j.'s

Bath.

Dress

P.j's in the wash.

Fuck all the small minded folk who think that I should get dressed to clean up.

So mums go out in their p.j's ...... how different to that is a track suit or a leisure suit ?

How do you know they are not clean on ?

Come back and moan when they are naked with 5 bananas up their arses and then i'll worry.

Harper Valley P.T.A all over again.

Reply privately

over a year ago

This letter wouldn't have been sent out because the odd parent occasionally turns up wearing pyjamas. As I said before it starts off with one regularly turning up in pyjamas and before you know it you've got parents coming in regularly with nighties on it happens at the beginning of a almost every new school year.

I do get it...it's not a good precedent. "

I get that people dont like being told what to do but like I said a school is a professional environment.

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I wanna tell you all a story 'bout

A Harper Valley widowed wife

Who had a teenage daughter

Who attended Harper Valley Junior High

Well, her daughter came home one afternoon

And didn't even stop to play

And she said, "mom, I got a note here from the Harper Valley PTA"

Well, the note said, "Mrs. Johnson

You're wearin' your dresses way too high

It's reported you've been drinking

And a-running 'round with men and goin' wild

And we don't believe you oughta be a-bringin' up

Your little girl this way"

And it was signed by the Secretary

Harper Valley PTA

Well, it happened that the PTA was gonna meet

That very afternoon

And they were sure surprised

When Mrs. Johnson wore her miniskirt into the room

And as she walked up to the blackboard

I can still recall the words she had to say

She said, "I'd like to address this meeting of the Harper Valley PTA

Well, there's Bobby Taylor sittin' there

And seven times he's asked me for a date

And Mrs. Taylor sure seems to use a lotta ice

Whenever he's away

And Mr. Baker can you tell us why

Your secretary had to leave this town?

And shouldn't widow Jones be told to keep

Her window shades all pulled completely down

Well, Mr. Harper couldn't be here

'Cause he stayed too long at Kelly's Bar again

And if you smell Shirley Thompson's breath

You'll find she's had a little nip of gin

And then you have the nerve to tell me

You think that as the mother I'm not fit

Well, this is just a little Peyton Place

And you're all Harper Valley hypocrites"

No, I wouldn't put you on because it really did

It happened just this way

The day my mama socked it to the Harper Valley PTA

The day my mama socked it to the Harper Valley PTA

Reply privately

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

It's not hard to put joggers and a hoodie on, or "lounge wear" I would never leave the house in something I'd slept in all night, that's just rank.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Quite a few parents seem to think its down to the schools to toilet train their offspring, feed them and many other basic parental responsibilities, according to a few teacher friends "

I'm waiting for them to start dishing out hormones so we can breast feed them too.

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Someone scores very low on the IQ test. Glad we found her.

I won't.

Why should I ?

Bath.

Dress

P.j's in the wash.

So mums go out in their p.j's ...... how different to that is a track suit or a leisure suit ?

Come back and moan when they are naked with 5 bananas up their arses and then i'll worry.

Harper Valley P.T.A all over again."

Is that comment about a low I.Q. Score directed at me ?

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

MassageGuyLondon

What does your reference to low I.Q. mean ?

Was it directed at me ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Reply privately

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

I won't.

Why should I ?

Bath.

Dress

P.j's in the wash.

Harper Valley P.T.A all over again.

Is that comment about a low I.Q. Score directed at me ?"

I believe it was, Granny. Unfortunately

Reply privately

over a year ago

I won't.

Why should I ?

Bath.

Dress

P.j's in the wash.

Harper Valley P.T.A all over again."

How come you don't quote at the bottom of the attached message....

I've never seen it this way

Reply privately

By *inkylipsWoman
over a year ago

Debauchery

I can’t say I have ever seen someone In their pj’s on the school run. I personally make sure I don’t look like the Witch I woke up as but I certainly don’t think it’s my place to judge. I leave that to all the other judgmental, cliquey parents

Reply privately

over a year ago

I work in a Secondary School and believe me when I say staff have worked their backsides off taking care of students and their education.We regularly feed, cloth and provide more care than some parents..not all..but some.

Education starts at home and the very basics should come from their parents.Dressing yourself is one of them.

Agreed I don't like people wearing PJ's outside the home. But when there are kids turning up to school hungry and some are so far behind educationally after this last year, the school should focus on those things in my opinion. "

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"In the local paper on Friday a school in Middlesbrough sent an open letter to parents asking them to dress when dropping kids off at school is it the schools business to tell parents what to wear personally I’m with the school I don’t think it’s a good example in the evening gazette today it shows pictures of parents still going to the school in pyjamas some comments have said it’s the parents being lazy some saying at least they are getting them to school and we shouldn’t judge them "

At least they are getting them to school? My how low our standards have fallen.

Reply privately

over a year ago

This forum's so conservative sometimes

I'm not in favour of dictating what people wear including school uniforms.

I like to think that people should be judged on more critical things than their clothing choices.

BUT... at least get fucking dressed

When our kids first started school in a certain part of the north west it was pretty normal to see PJs on the school run (the best part of 20 years ago)

Reply privately

over a year ago

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I can’t say I have ever seen someone In their pj’s on the school run. I personally make sure I don’t look like the Witch I woke up as but I certainly don’t think it’s my place to judge. I leave that to all the other judgmental, cliquey parents"

But your last sentence was completely judgemental while you are claiming not to judge.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"In the local paper on Friday a school in Middlesbrough sent an open letter to parents asking them to dress when dropping kids off at school is it the schools business to tell parents what to wear personally I’m with the school I don’t think it’s a good example in the evening gazette today it shows pictures of parents still going to the school in pyjamas some comments have said it’s the parents being lazy some saying at least they are getting them to school and we shouldn’t judge them

At least they are getting them to school? My how low our standards have fallen. "

And thats the problem. If you choose to have children it is your responsibility to get them to school and yes of course some parents suffer with depression or disabilities however in my experience they are not the parents turning up in pyjamas or nighties.

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

"This forum's so conservative sometimes

I'm not in favour of dictating what people wear including school uniforms.

I like to think that people should be judged on more critical things than their clothing choices.

BUT... at least get fucking dressed

When our kids first started school in a certain part of the north west it was pretty normal to see PJs on the school run (the best part of 20 years ago)"

It was in the part of Salford where our son started school. Doesn't seem to be a thing here where our daughter has started school recently. It's not something we've ever felt was appropriate, to be honest.

Reply privately

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

A town near you perhaps

People turning up in pyjamas just spells laziness to us. People should have basic standards and hygiene and should set a good example to their children.

Reply privately

By *ustjack400Man
over a year ago

Bristol

"

agreed to both points but as others have said, if you're up and making sure the everyone is ready. Set an example and get ready yourself.

Reply privately

By *litterbabeWoman
over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I have a daily battle trying to get my daughter to conform to uniform, it's very difficult if even the parents can't be bothered to get dressed.

Personally I've never left the house, ever, in pyjamas, but I really think it doesn't take much to just change to get them to school.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"In the local paper on Friday a school in Middlesbrough sent an open letter to parents asking them to dress when dropping kids off at school is it the schools business to tell parents what to wear personally I’m with the school I don’t think it’s a good example in the evening gazette today it shows pictures of parents still going to the school in pyjamas some comments have said it’s the parents being lazy some saying at least they are getting them to school and we shouldn’t judge them "

Schools should stick to teaching punctuation.

Reply privately

By *rPeachyMan
over a year ago

Bristol

If parents are coming on to school premises dressed like they've just rolled out of bed then yeah they do have a right to dictate what is worn on site.

If they're not coming on school property they still have the right to take the piss though, the feckless lazy twats

Reply privately

over a year ago

"In the local paper on Friday a school in Middlesbrough sent an open letter to parents asking them to dress when dropping kids off at school is it the schools business to tell parents what to wear personally I’m with the school I don’t think it’s a good example in the evening gazette today it shows pictures of parents still going to the school in pyjamas some comments have said it’s the parents being lazy some saying at least they are getting them to school and we shouldn’t judge them

Schools should stick to teaching punctuation. "

Some parents should learn schools are professional environment and the biggest example is set at home.

Reply privately

By *m A FuckerMan
over a year ago

kingswood,surrey/leysdown kent

"This country is really at an all time low innit. "
100%

Reply privately

By *mateur100Man
over a year ago

nr faversham

"People turning up in pyjamas just spells laziness to us. People should have basic standards and hygiene and should set a good example to their children."

Whatever happened to standards???

Reply privately

By *ustjack400Man
over a year ago

Bristol

"They had to get the kids to turn their zoom cameras off because of all the half naked parents during lockdown in the backgrounds "
out of discussion sorry but if you're a teacher I'd definitely gone to school more often x.

Reply privately

By *uliette500Woman
over a year ago

Hull

This has been going on for years. When I used to drop my son off at school some mothers went in their pj's and the school wrote to parents in the same way.

My son is now in his 20s.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The ‘levelling up’ agenda has a big job to do

Reply privately

over a year ago

Some parents should learn schools are professional environment and the biggest example is set at home. "

“Whoosh” (and hand gesture goes over head)

Reply privately

over a year ago

Some parents should learn schools are professional environment and the biggest example is set at home.

“Whoosh” (and hand gesture goes over head) "

I was very aware what you're doing

Reply privately

over a year ago

Would I wear my pj's down the road? No, it would feel weird. Do I care if others do? Not at all.

A) it is none of my business

B) they provide adequate cover of bodily parts

C) fashions and tastes change all the time, clothing styles are social constructs and have absolutely no purpose except to allow people to judge others

D) people who judge a person's worth on the style of clothing they wear are destined to be fooled.

E) they're no more an indication of a person's ability to parent than say tattoos- a generation ago all those getting their knickers in a twist over this would have been making exactly the same comments about tatoos and how they were a sign society was on the brink of collapse. 60 years ago they would all be the same people pulling their hair out at the idea of women wearing trousers, or bikinis or whatever the latest shock horror symbol of a decadent society was.

D) schools are there to educate children, not decide how people dress (with the exception of those inside the school). If the kids turn up on time, in the correct uniform, fed, loved and protected they have absolutely no right to make any comment whatsoever.

Mr

Reply privately

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

If it's happening regularly then yes I think the school is well within it's rights to raise the issue.

I've done it myself when I've overslept after feeding a baby during the night and had to get my boys to school ON TIME.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Boarding school, problem solved.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"If it's happening regularly then yes I think the school is well within it's rights to raise the issue.

I've done it myself when I've overslept after feeding a baby during the night and had to get my boys to school ON TIME. "

That's exactly when the letters do get sent out though people seem to think this is the odd parent on an occasional bad morning and I can assure you it isn't.

Reply privately

By *lassy_but_sassyWoman
over a year ago

Birmingham

"

What she said! Also love the usage of crotch goblins!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Boarding school, problem solved. "

Indeed. I have never seen anyone drive to pick up little charlotte or henry at the end of term clothed in PJs. Not even the plebs who don’t have chauffeurs!

Reply privately

over a year ago

My stuck up kids school made me take the Aldi bags off my slippers this morning.

It was raining and I could only find one Tesco bag.

Reply privately

over a year ago

There's plenty of then around. The world is full of people who think it's ok to take the piss out of others because of some perceived difference. What we need is more kids who on hearing the answer say 'oh' and carry on with their own lives.

Mr

Reply privately

By *hubby CoupleCouple
over a year ago

Essex

"Would I wear my pj's down the road? No, it would feel weird. Do I care if others do? Not at all.

C) fashions and tastes change all the time, clothing styles are social constructs and have absolutely no purpose except to allow people to judge others

D) people who judge a person's worth on the style of clothing they wear are destined to be fooled.

E) they're no more an indication of a person's ability to parent than say tattoos- a generation ago all those getting their knickers in a twist over this would have been making exactly the same comments about tatoos and how they were a sign society was on the brink of collapse. 60 years ago they would all be the same people pulling their hair out at the idea of women wearing trousers, or bikinis or whatever the latest shock horror symbol of a decadent society was.

D) schools are there to educate children, not decide how people dress (with the exception of those inside the school). If the kids turn up on time, in the correct uniform, fed, loved and protected they have absolutely no right to make any comment whatsoever.

Mr"

D - Hits the nail on the head

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

"I had a parent pick up her kid at 3:30 wearing pajamas. Unfortunately for her I was working 1-2-1 with a child who has no filter and straight up asked her if they were her pajamas. When she said yes he burst into uncontrollable laughter and jumped up and down shouting "look pajamas" over and over. We need more kids like him!

There's plenty of then around. The world is full of people who think it's ok to take the piss out of others because of some perceived difference. What we need is more kids who on hearing the answer say 'oh' and carry on with their own lives.

Mr"

I must agree with this

Reply privately

over a year ago

I've shown up to school in my work out gear, lounge wear, work clothes, smart/summer dress and when I've been unwell, I've dropped them off in my pjs and returned home to sleep.

Each time my child is wearing clean and pressed clothes, matching socks, freshly made lunch&snacks that morning, hair tidy and teeth brushed.

I think if it's pjs every morning it's an issue. But, the odd occasion is acceptable.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I had a parent pick up her kid at 3:30 wearing pajamas. Unfortunately for her I was working 1-2-1 with a child who has no filter and straight up asked her if they were her pajamas. When she said yes he burst into uncontrollable laughter and jumped up and down shouting "look pajamas" over and over. We need more kids like him!

Mr"

Or does it teach children about hypocrisy! They have to turn up to school presentable and ready for the day but the parents dont?

You are sending your children to a professional environment to learn and to be taught by professional people the least you can do is put a pair of jeans on and a jacket.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I've shown up to school in my work out gear, lounge wear, work clothes, smart/summer dress and when I've been unwell, I've dropped them off in my pjs and returned home to sleep.

Each time my child is wearing clean and pressed clothes, matching socks, freshly made lunch&snacks that morning, hair tidy and teeth brushed.

I think if it's pjs every morning it's an issue. But, the odd occasion is acceptable. "

Now that is nail hit on head.

Reply privately

By *ightkitty4uWoman
over a year ago

Epsom

I'd be buggered I don't own PJs!

Seriously though, who in their right mind would leave house in dressing gown Pjs slippers... Ok if putting bins out... but I have seen people wear these to local shops/supermarkets

My lazy trick after a shower... Gym wear... its looks far more presentable that Pjs

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I've shown up to school in my work out gear, lounge wear, work clothes, smart/summer dress and when I've been unwell, I've dropped them off in my pjs and returned home to sleep.

I think if it's pjs every morning it's an issue. But, the odd occasion is acceptable. "

I don't think the school would say anything if it were a couple of parents occasionally doing this. Of course people have off days. That clearly isn't what the issue is!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Mr

Or does it teach children about hypocrisy! They have to turn up to school presentable and ready for the day but the parents dont?

You are sending your children to a professional environment to learn and to be taught by professional people the least you can do is put a pair of jeans on and a jacket. "

There's no hypocrisy at all. The parents aren't going to school, the child is. You are teaching the child that being in certain places requires certain dress codes. Outside of those places you can choose clothes that you are comfy in. Kids are not stupid, ask any five year old to identify say a nurse, a fireman, a police officer, a soldier by their clothing and they'll have no trouble whatsoever.

If you're a builder/plasterer/decorator and you dress your kids in a smart uniform and then drop them to school in your tatty work clothes on your way to work is that hypocrisy?

Mr

Reply privately

By *inkylipsWoman
over a year ago

Debauchery

"I can’t say I have ever seen someone In their pj’s on the school run. I personally make sure I don’t look like the Witch I woke up as but I certainly don’t think it’s my place to judge. I leave that to all the other judgmental, cliquey parents

But your last sentence was completely judgemental while you are claiming not to judge. "

No I’m not judging that’s exactly what it’s like in the school yard, I’m pretty sure it happens everywhere

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Would I wear my pj's down the road? No, it would feel weird. Do I care if others do? Not at all.

Mr"

What letter comes after E? (Sorry couldn’t resist! )

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Mr"

Reply privately

By *ornucopiaMan
over a year ago

Bexley

I'm far more concerned about how the hell the ghastly abbreviation PJ's came into use.

Standards are indeed at an all time low!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Mr

D - Hits the nail on the head "

First D or second D?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Mr

You are sending your children to a professional environment to learn and to be taught by professional people the least you can do is put a pair of jeans on and a jacket.

There's no hypocrisy at all. The parents aren't going to school, the child is. You are teaching the child that being in certain places requires certain dress codes. Outside of those places you can choose clothes that you are comfy in. Kids are not stupid, ask any five year old to identify say a nurse, a fireman, a police officer, a soldier by their clothing and they'll have no trouble whatsoever.

If you're a builder/plasterer/decorator and you dress your kids in a smart uniform and then drop them to school in your tatty work clothes on your way to work is that hypocrisy?

Mr"

Nobody is saying you have to look perfect however it is so disrespectful for a parent to go into school to drop their child of wearing a nightie and I can assure you that happens.

People should have a little bit more respect for others and themselves and put on A pair of jeans and a hoody because thats all it needs, it is absolute laziness and downright disrespectful to do otherwise. Not talking about parent who sit in the car and drop the kids off we're talking about parents that every single day walk I to school wearing inappropriate clothing.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Mr"

There is a subtle difference - and this might be generalising as things could be different ‘up north’ but there are not many jobs that require PJs.

Therefore the implication/perception is that those taking their children to school in nightwear are not setting a good example to heir children about personal responsibility and work ethic.

Builder etc - however scruffy they may seem are getting up early and going out to work - those in PJs might not be returning to the house to chair an important meeting via Zoom or build a wall.

Never ever seen it myself so not something to worry about really. NIMBY

Reply privately

over a year ago

Mr

Mr

Nobody is saying you have to look perfect however it is so disrespectful for a parent to go into school to drop their child of wearing a nightie and I can assure you that happens.

People should have a little bit more respect for others and themselves and put on A pair of jeans and a hoody because thats all it needs, it is absolute laziness and downright disrespectful to do otherwise. Not talking about parent who sit in the car and drop the kids off we're talking about parents that every single day walk I to school wearing inappropriate clothing.

"

Disrespectful? Of whom? You have your opinion and clearly its not going to change, you haven't answered my question on hypocrisy you've sidestepped the point I made and just used another word to express your distaste.

I gave my list of reasons above as to why I believe it is inappropriate, you have given yours to explain your opposite opinion.

Personally, given that there are (for example) children in Yemen getting killed by munitions made in British factories I think our society has bigger issues than pyjamas but that's just me.

Mr

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Mr

There is a subtle difference - and this might be generalising as things could be different ‘up north’ but there are not many jobs that require PJs.

Therefore the implication/perception is that those taking their children to school in nightwear are not setting a good example to heir children about personal responsibility and work ethic.

Builder etc - however scruffy they may seem are getting up early and going out to work - those in PJs might not be returning to the house to chair an important meeting via Zoom or build a wall.

Never ever seen it myself so not something to worry about really. NIMBY "

The argument was that it is hypocritical to tell a child to dress smartly and then not do the same. My argument is children are very well able to understand different jobs and activities require different clothes. You may or may not agree that pyjamas are suitable street atire but there is nothing hypocritical about wearing them and telling your kids to wear uniform. All you are teaching them is in school you wear uniform but it's ok to wear pj's to run an errand from the house. That's not hypocrisy.

Mr

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Mr

Never ever seen it myself so not something to worry about really. NIMBY

The argument was that it is hypocritical to tell a child to dress smartly and then not do the same. My argument is children are very well able to understand different jobs and activities require different clothes. You may or may not agree that pyjamas are suitable street atire but there is nothing hypocritical about wearing them and telling your kids to wear uniform. All you are teaching them is in school you wear uniform but it's ok to wear pj's to run an errand from the house. That's not hypocrisy.

Mr"

Sorry thought the argument was whether they were slobs - not hypocrites.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Mr

Mr

Disrespectful? Of whom? You have your opinion and clearly its not going to change, you haven't answered my question on hypocrisy you've sidestepped the point I made and just used another word to express your distaste.

I gave my list of reasons above as to why I believe it is inappropriate, you have given yours to explain your opposite opinion.

Personally, given that there are (for example) children in Yemen getting killed by munitions made in British factories I think our society has bigger issues than pyjamas but that's just me.

Mr"

I have told you why I think it's hypocrisy and I have told my experience.

Just because worse things are happening in the world does not give someone an excuse to turn up to my work place in clothes they have slept in all night or so flimsy that I can see through them. Put a coat on! that is all anybody is asking and I really dont see the issue.

Reply privately

over a year ago

If you are a dosser who can’t be arsed to get dressed what are you children going to become with parents like that

Reply privately

over a year ago

Mr

You are sending your children to a professional environment to learn and to be taught by professional people the least you can do is put a pair of jeans on and a jacket. "

Wonder what the slob pj parents would say if all the teachers just turned up in pyjamas.

The pj parents are likely the same types who leave their rubbish all over parks and beaches.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"If you are a dosser who can’t be arsed to get dressed what are you children going to become with parents like that "

Indeed

Reply privately

over a year ago

I drive to school in a white Range Rover AND pyjamas but my slippers cost £200, could I be excluded from being a slob or lazy?

Reply privately

By *ustjack400Man
over a year ago

Bristol

you can tell a working parent to those who don't give a toss.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I drive to school in a white Range Rover AND pyjamas but my slippers cost £200, could I be excluded from being a slob or lazy? "

No.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I work in early years and I have one parent who turns up immaculate, clothes, make up hair.

Then hands her daughter over who literally looks like she has been snatched out of bed, full nappy, knotted hair, two dummies, one in her mouth and one in her hand and a bottle of milk, the child is nearly three....the full nappy is no excuse. I have requested that the child be checked and changed prior to Nursery....

I would much rather a clean child at least! even with messy hair with a Mum in her jammies over that!

The hair is not a major concern, the nappy is. The dummies need to get gone and the child will put them in her bag when asked and the child discards her milk.....I am monitoring the nappy thing.

Reply privately

By *ustjack400Man
over a year ago

Bristol

"I drive to school in a white Range Rover AND pyjamas but my slippers cost £200, could I be excluded from being a slob or lazy? "
no you can't. Why should be excluded it's just laziness. Doesn't matter how much your toilet roll costs you still shit like a human. So show your children manners and respect.

Reply privately

By *929Man
over a year ago

newcastle

"I work in early years and I have one parent who turns up immaculate, clothes, make up hair.

Then hands her daughter over who literally looks like she has been snatched out of bed, full nappy, knotted hair, two dummies, one in her mouth and one in her hand and a bottle of milk, the child is nearly three....the full nappy is no excuse. I have requested that the child be checked and changed prior to Nursery....

I would much rather a clean child at least! even with messy hair with a Mum in her jammies over that!

The hair is not a major concern, the nappy is. The dummies need to get gone and the child will put them in her bag when asked and the child discards her milk.....I am monitoring the nappy thing.

"

That poor bairn. Pretty clear the mother doesent give a fuck

Reply privately

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I think it's parents' choice what they wear, even if some may frown at their preferences. I'd prefer people to focus on the avoidable use of cars taking kids to school instead

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

"

Mr

Other than perhaps being the model in the Matalan PJs middle spread, I don't believe we northerners have any jobs that involve the wearing of pyjamas as uniform. Believe it or not, there's approximately bugger all difference between Coventy, Crewe and Chorley in that regard.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I work in early years and I have one parent who turns up immaculate, clothes, make up hair.

That poor bairn. Pretty clear the mother doesent give a fuck "

Too busy with her straighteners and make up it's obvious, always apologises for the nappy and excuses the messy hair. I always make a point of saying "this is the third day in a row now" I am requesting a meeting with her one about it.

She will sat that the child screams when having her hair brushed, the child sits lovely for me while I do it, like I say that is not overly concerning but combined with the nappy it is

Reply privately

over a year ago

They're just clothes. Sleeping in them won't make them any more or less hygienic than someone taking their kid to school after a night shift and wearing the same clothes. Schools should not police what the parents wear, just what the children wear. If you think they're lazy or slovenly, why not you be you and let them be them?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"They're just clothes. Sleeping in them won't make them any more or less hygienic than someone taking their kid to school after a night shift and wearing the same clothes. Schools should not police what the parents wear, just what the children wear. If you think they're lazy or slovenly, why not you be you and let them be them?"

When the parent is on school premises the school can say what is appropriate attire like any business or service.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Mr

My son has been working from home through lockdown and is not allowed to work in loungewear or PJ'S. If he has an important meeting then he has to wear shirt and tie...I have heard similar from others.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"They're just clothes. Sleeping in them won't make them any more or less hygienic than someone taking their kid to school after a night shift and wearing the same clothes. Schools should not police what the parents wear, just what the children wear. If you think they're lazy or slovenly, why not you be you and let them be them?

When the parent is on school premises the school can say what is appropriate attire like any business or service. "

They're dropping their kids off at school, not brokering a deal on Wall Street.

Reply privately

By *entakuruMan
over a year ago

Exeter

"Judgey much? You don't know someone's circumstances, you don't know their mental health challenges.

Well done for getting those kids up, dressed, fed and to school, I say."

Agreed, it's quite a big assumption that everyone can find it 'easy' to present themselves as a 'fully functioning adult'. What about people who work nights, have to interrupt their sleep to drop the kids off then hope to get another few hours when they return? More to the point, what's next? They win the 'no pajamas' argument so next it's 'no jeans or trainers' 'no sportswear' or 'shirts must have a collar'?

Reply privately

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I think people concern themselves far too much with what other people do. If the kids are looked after and making it to school, that's the important thing. I personally wouldn't ever go out un my pyjamas, I'd at least put leggings and a vest on which feels virtually the same. However, there's often a lot of judgement about being in pyjamas specifically. I used to have judgement for being in them when answering the door in the day when I worked shifts even if I'd been asleep. I also clean in my pyjamas at weekends to save getting proper clothes dirty or potentially ruined by products that can bleach fabrics. Even if I've been cleaning since 9am, people still think you're lazy if you're in pyjamas at midday.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Its slovenly....just chuck a trackie on

Reply privately

over a year ago

"They're just clothes. Sleeping in them won't make them any more or less hygienic than someone taking their kid to school after a night shift and wearing the same clothes. Schools should not police what the parents wear, just what the children wear. If you think they're lazy or slovenly, why not you be you and let them be them?

When the parent is on school premises the school can say what is appropriate attire like any business or service.

They're dropping their kids off at school, not brokering a deal on Wall Street."

So that's OK for them to walk in to my work place and expect me to look after their children all day but there can't even be bothered to get dressed.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

How is the kid allowed to go to school, down here they can start the Cylch Meitherin (think that’s our version of early years) if they can use the toilet. My daughter was 2.5 years when she started half day sessions then went full time in the September following her 3rd birthday. Her school would actually get parents to come and collect their children if they had too many accidents and they could see they weren’t potty trained and would flat out be refused to come back till they were. Maybe it’s a Welsh thing

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Can't see the issue if the kids are in school on time

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 05/10/21 23:49:41]

Reply privately

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I often used to do my school run in my pjs.. Monday morning I took my daughter on her college run in mine. I get home from my night shift. Shower. Get in my pjs and then do my college/ school run.... then go home and sleep.

It really does not matter. And to be fair I have pjs I sleep in and pjs I wear to slouch around in

Reply privately

over a year ago

So that's OK for them to walk in to my work place and expect me to look after their children all day but there can't even be bothered to get dressed.

Is your workplace a state-funded establishment like most schools are? Those people in pyjamas are literally paying the wages of the teachers. The employee does not get to tell the employer what to wear."

Don't try that one! People need to have a little bit of respect and Discipline.

We are not talking about people that occasionally popping to school in a hurry in pyjamas it can be the same parent's day in day out and I can tell you they are not the ones paying my wages.

Reply privately

over a year ago

So that's OK for them to walk in to my work place and expect me to look after their children all day but there can't even be bothered to get dressed. "

Is your workplace a state-funded establishment like most schools are? Those people in pyjamas are literally paying the wages of the teachers. The employee does not get to tell the employer what to wear. And if by "expect me to look after their children all day" you mean do the job you're paid for, then yes, of course. They are the paying customer, you're not doing them a favour by doing your job.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Is your workplace a state-funded establishment like most schools are? Those people in pyjamas are literally paying the wages of the teachers. The employee does not get to tell the employer what to wear. And if by "expect me to look after their children all day" you mean do the job you're paid for, then yes, of course. They are the paying customer, you're not doing them a favour by doing your job."

Oh behave!

Reply privately

over a year ago

How is the kid allowed to go to school, down here they can start the Cylch Meitherin (think that’s our version of early years) if they can use the toilet. My daughter was 2.5 years when she started half day sessions then went full time in the September following her 3rd birthday. Her school would actually get parents to come and collect their children if they had too many accidents and they could see they weren’t potty trained and would flat out be refused to come back till they were. Maybe it’s a Welsh thing "

At what age do they get sent down the pit?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Is your workplace a state-funded establishment like most schools are? Those people in pyjamas are literally paying the wages of the teachers. The employee does not get to tell the employer what to wear.

We are not talking about people that occasionally popping to school in a hurry in pyjamas it can be the same parent's day in day out and I can tell you they are not the ones paying my wages. "

"Don't try that one!" - you presume to tell me what to do? I assume you're a teacher then.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Is your workplace a state-funded establishment like most schools are? Those people in pyjamas are literally paying the wages of the teachers. The employee does not get to tell the employer what to wear.

We are not talking about people that occasionally popping to school in a hurry in pyjamas it can be the same parent's day in day out and I can tell you they are not the ones paying my wages.

"Don't try that one!" - you presume to tell me what to do? I assume you're a teacher then. "

You can assume all you like my lovely. At no point have I told you what to do I have said it is inappropriate to turn up to drop children off to school in the state of undress that some parents do.

Reply privately

By * and R cple4Couple
over a year ago

swansea

"I think people concern themselves far too much with what other people do. If the kids are looked after and making it to school, that's the important thing. I personally wouldn't ever go out un my pyjamas, I'd at least put leggings and a vest on which feels virtually the same. However, there's often a lot of judgement about being in pyjamas specifically. I used to have judgement for being in them when answering the door in the day when I worked shifts even if I'd been asleep. I also clean in my pyjamas at weekends to save getting proper clothes dirty or potentially ruined by products that can bleach fabrics. Even if I've been cleaning since 9am, people still think you're lazy if you're in pyjamas at midday. "

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Is your workplace a state-funded establishment like most schools are? Those people in pyjamas are literally paying the wages of the teachers. The employee does not get to tell the employer what to wear. And if by "expect me to look after their children all day" you mean do the job you're paid for, then yes, of course. They are the paying customer, you're not doing them a favour by doing your job."

I doubt there is a single person who’s a net contributor taking their kids to school in PJs. So maybe not ‘paying their wages’ after all.

Reply privately

over a year ago

How is the kid allowed to go to school, down here they can start the Cylch Meitherin (think that’s our version of early years) if they can use the toilet. My daughter was 2.5 years when she started half day sessions then went full time in the September following her 3rd birthday. Her school would actually get parents to come and collect their children if they had too many accidents and they could see they weren’t potty trained and would flat out be refused to come back till they were. Maybe it’s a Welsh thing "

Cylch Meitherin I government run and funded isn't it

I work in an English private Day Nursery, which gets limited government funding. We take children in from 6 months and they move through each room....this little girl has just transitioned....English children start mainstream School at 4/5 so she will be next years cohort, maybe even the year after depending on Birthday

God I miss working in Wales, they just nailed Early Years on every level

Reply privately

over a year ago

This is all getting a bit nasty. There’s assumptions flying around everywhere.

I personally don’t like to look immaculate all of the time, for one I don’t have the time but the main thing is when I do make the effort it’s more noticeable.

I don’t think I was judged by other parents for turning up some mornings in pyjamas, they did all know that I worked nights. Plus all through primary school my daughters parties were immense, the whole class would always be invited plus siblings allowed and my daughter would be friends with kids in other classes. Always the best party bags with good shit, entertainment, or pool parties where I’d hire the whole pool and close it off to the public, always best food, decorations, balloons, would have themed entertainers there dressed up in whatever thing that was in at the time. That’s the kind of shit parents judge you on, the party bags, whether it’s decent or just plastic tat that just gets thrown in the bin. I would always do drop off parties as well where the parents just had to bring the kid and then they had two hours free till they had to collect them. I was always thanked for my drop off parties cos parents would be like I got to do my food shop in peace or managed to go to the hairdressers or wherever.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Is your workplace a state-funded establishment like most schools are? Those people in pyjamas are literally paying the wages of the teachers. The employee does not get to tell the employer what to wear. And if by "expect me to look after their children all day" you mean do the job you're paid for, then yes, of course. They are the paying customer, you're not doing them a favour by doing your job.

I doubt there is a single person who’s a net contributor taking their kids to school in PJs. So maybe not ‘paying their wages’ after all. "

But you don't know that for certain, do you? Do you think that only net contributors should decide on their own mode of dress?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"This is all getting a bit nasty. There’s assumptions flying around everywhere.

I personally don’t like to look immaculate all of the time, for one I don’t have the time but the main thing is when I do make the effort it’s more noticeable.

I don’t think I was judged by other parents for turning up some mornings in pyjamas, they did all know that I worked nights. Plus all through primary school my daughters parties were immense, the whole class would always be invited plus siblings allowed and my daughter would be friends with kids in other classes. Always the best party bags with good shit, entertainment, or pool parties where I’d hire the whole pool and close it off to the public, always best food, decorations, balloons, would have themed entertainers there dressed up in whatever thing that was in at the time. That’s the kind of shit parents judge you on, the party bags, whether it’s decent or just plastic tat that just gets thrown in the bin. I would always do drop off parties as well where the parents just had to bring the kid and then they had two hours free till they had to collect them. I was always thanked for my drop off parties cos parents would be like I got to do my food shop in peace or managed to go to the hairdressers or wherever. "

How the hell is a thread about pjs on school run manage to come round to how amazing you think you are? Ffs

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don’t think I was judged by other parents for turning up some mornings in pyjamas, they did all know that I worked nights. Plus all through primary school my daughters parties were immense, the whole class would always be invited plus siblings allowed and my daughter would be friends with kids in other classes. Always the best party bags with good shit, entertainment, or pool parties where I’d hire the whole pool and close it off to the public, always best food, decorations, balloons, would have themed entertainers there dressed up in whatever thing that was in at the time. That’s the kind of shit parents judge you on, the party bags, whether it’s decent or just plastic tat that just gets thrown in the bin. I would always do drop off parties as well where the parents just had to bring the kid and then they had two hours free till they had to collect them. I was always thanked for my drop off parties cos parents would be like I got to do my food shop in peace or managed to go to the hairdressers or wherever.

How the hell is a thread about pjs on school run manage to come round to how amazing you think you are? Ffs "

Not me. My parties, nothing better than doing a kids party, the limits are endless. I miss all that

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don’t think I was judged by other parents for turning up some mornings in pyjamas, they did all know that I worked nights. Plus all through primary school my daughters parties were immense, the whole class would always be invited plus siblings allowed and my daughter would be friends with kids in other classes. Always the best party bags with good shit, entertainment, or pool parties where I’d hire the whole pool and close it off to the public, always best food, decorations, balloons, would have themed entertainers there dressed up in whatever thing that was in at the time. That’s the kind of shit parents judge you on, the party bags, whether it’s decent or just plastic tat that just gets thrown in the bin. I would always do drop off parties as well where the parents just had to bring the kid and then they had two hours free till they had to collect them. I was always thanked for my drop off parties cos parents would be like I got to do my food shop in peace or managed to go to the hairdressers or wherever. "

This absolutely! Parents do judge you on that because stuff like that matters

One 4 year old recently had a 'hot tub' party, it was the talk of our room...like omg, it was all the parents could talk about, it is like they live a life through their kids.

I was just jealous, like wtf! I want a hot tub and balloons, but nooooo, Shelly is just not cool enough, ffs. You are 4 going on 14 lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

I doubt there is a single person who’s a net contributor taking their kids to school in PJs. So maybe not ‘paying their wages’ after all.

But you don't know that for certain, do you? Do you think that only net contributors should decide on their own mode of dress?"

I believe everyone should have the right to choose for themselves. Those who agree can crack on happily. Those that don’t agree can move on to somewhere with higher standards.

The right of a dosser to wear PJs is not mutually exclusive of someone else’s right to have an opinion.

Whether that judgement is fair and proper is entirely separate issue.

Would you employ someone who went out in public in pyjamas?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

But you don't know that for certain, do you? Do you think that only net contributors should decide on their own mode of dress?

I believe everyone should have the right to choose for themselves. Those who agree can crack on happily. Those that don’t agree can move on to somewhere with higher standards.

The right of a dosser to wear PJs is not mutually exclusive of someone else’s right to have an opinion.

Would you employ someone who went out in public in pyjamas? "

The majority of people who go out in public in pjs probably not looking for a job....

Reply privately

over a year ago

But this isn't about parents judging you, it's about what's appropriate and what isn't.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

The majority of people who go out in public in pjs probably not looking for a job...."

According to someone above they are paying enough tax to fund teachers!

(/s)

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Let them wear what they like ok

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

The majority of people who go out in public in pjs probably not looking for a job....

(/s)"

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Let them wear what they like ok "

They can wear what they like but not on school premises.

Reply privately

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

Do the parents enter any of the school premises?

If not, then it doesn't matter what the school says or wants.

Is it a great example set for the kids? No, but in the grand scheme of things, it's first world problems. On the level of "Ofcom received 5 complaints" about something "inappropriate" on TV.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

(/s)

"

Wow. Judgemental.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Do the parents enter any of the school premises?

If not, then it doesn't matter what the school says or wants.

Is it a great example set for the kids? No, but in the grand scheme of things, it's first world problems. On the level of "Ofcom received 5 complaints" about something "inappropriate" on TV."

Yes they do and the problem comes in once one starts doing it regularly so the others and at times it can become really inappropriate. Schools I've worked in have all have this problem but normally after a letter is sent out its OK for the rest of the school year.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

(/s)

Wow. Judgemental."

Very and intentionally so. I used to be a judge until I got sacked for going to work in PJs. I mean heck they used to let me wear a silly wig, but clean PJs are apparently a no no! Go figure!

Reply privately

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

Mrs Johnson,

You’re wearing your dresses way too high

It’s reported you’ve been drinking

And a-running‘round with men and going wild.

Reply privately

over a year ago

If a parent shows up to school wearing pajamas, will the school give them a good dressing gown?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Would you employ someone who went out in public in pyjamas? "

I wouldn't care less what my employees wore in public when in or out of work, whether it be pyjamas, a burka, a turban or a clown suit. Discriminating against someone for what they choose to wear is completely inappropriate for the 21st century. If teachers don't know that, they shouldn't be teaching children.

Reply privately