Back to The Lounge

FAB CRAP RUNNERS- the return

Jump to newest

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

MOTTO: We run #LikeAToddlerChasingAPug

EXPLANATION AND ETHOS:

EVERYONE is welcome in the Fab Crap Runners' Club (the crapper the better).

From 1st January 2018, a bunch of Fabbers began improving their fitness through running. None of them were natural athletes but they did it anyway.

FOR COMPLETE BEGINNERS:

"Couch to 5k" (C25K) is a nine-week running programme for absolute beginners, available on various free phone apps (Mrs T used Get Running). But you can join this thread to get fit by any means including walking and cycling - all are welcome. If you're expecting to be utterly crap at it (I mean reeeeeeeeeally bad), you're in the right place. Join the thread, tell us what your aim is and we'll cheer you on each week, just for trying.

FOR MORE EXPERIENCED RUNNERS:

Tell us what you’re up to with your running, your training and your races. Let’s us know your highs and lows. Please cheer on the newbies and give advice if they ask.

Finally- if you’re working towards a specific goal, share it here

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

My aim is to win a Parkrun, I know it’s not a race (it’s totally a race).

Reply privately

By *ussexualMan
over a year ago

Brighton

I've been following a 5k program on my garmin for the last few weeks, trying to get back to the level I was pre-pandemic. My pb for 5k is 22:21, I really want to beat that although since I ran that I passed the big 50,and everyone knows bits immediately start falling off when that happens.

I'll probably run my local parkrun course on Saturday, but early before the actual parkrun, which gets far too busy for my liking.

Reply privately

over a year ago

My aim is a sub2 HM and a sub25 5k.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I’m just looking at getting my running back upto what I’m happy with. To be able to run a couple of hours without stopping. I’m pretty old school

A nine minute mile pace would be my goal.

Reply privately

By *ocusMan
over a year ago

Cambridge

I really need to get back into running.

Used to go regularly but the with one thing or another it trailed off this year.

I also need a workout routine to do on my off days from running.

Oh and a diet plan. Any PTs out there want to give me some advice ?

Reply privately

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Yay! I shall bring my waddling self in to the forum. I'm definitely the first category.

So I started it around the time you were marathon prepping Tea. Then I broke my ankle badly (fell over a twig) and had to take a bit of time off. Covid happened as did all the food but I'm now getting back on it.

I'm managing sub 40 for 5k which is good considering my sheer size and my inability to run without sweating my tits off. My aim is to get sub 35, I'm finding the motivation to get out easier now it's colder (is that normal?). I do struggle a bit with the boobs so double sports braing it which helps minimise it a bit. I don't want to wait until I lose more weight though.

Reply privately

By *ookie46Woman
over a year ago

Deepest darkest Peru

I did a 10k race back in mid 2018 and never really done much running since but would like to get back into it

Reply privately

over a year ago

I got back into running during lockdown and try to go out twice a week with the occasional Parkrun. I did a couple of Marathons when my knees were younger but now I'd like to improve my 5k time rather than run for longer.

Reply privately

By *ussexualMan
over a year ago

Brighton

" I'm finding the motivation to get out easier now it's colder (is that normal?)."

I think this is definitely normal, I prefer the colder days, running in the rain can be nice too. The only weather that I really hate running in is windy.

Reply privately

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

I want to find a flat local Parkrun to push. I'm reliably informed Alexandra Park, Manchester, but then I have to get up early

I just pushed to school and back, lovely incline on the way home *strong shoulder emoji*

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I want to find a flat local Parkrun to push. I'm reliably informed Alexandra Park, Manchester, but then I have to get up early

I just pushed to school and back, lovely incline on the way home *strong shoulder emoji*"

How about a pre MLS Parkrun on December 11th ??

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Yay! I shall bring my waddling self in to the forum. I'm definitely the first category.

So I started it around the time you were marathon prepping Tea. Then I broke my ankle badly (fell over a twig) and had to take a bit of time off. Covid happened as did all the food but I'm now getting back on it.

I'm managing sub 40 for 5k which is good considering my sheer size and my inability to run without sweating my tits off. My aim is to get sub 35, I'm finding the motivation to get out easier now it's colder (is that normal?). I do struggle a bit with the boobs so double sports braing it which helps minimise it a bit. I don't want to wait until I lose more weight though."

Sorry, I laughed at the fell over a twig bit, (hope you were okay though) those twigs are vicious. I definitely find it easier to train in this weather, running in the summer is almost unbearable.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Posted on another thread about dieting so apologies if you read that and see me repeating myself!

I’ve been on a weight loss / fitness journey since the end of May.

Currently lost 2 stone 7lbs but hit a bit of a plateau as my goal is to lose 2 more stone…

Achieved this through changing eating habits alongside running and playing sport.

I run 5k consistently but when I try to break past the 7/8k barrier (with the end goal being 10k), I’m finding it hard to be as consistent as I was in building up to 5k (I started out by only being able to run just under 2k).

Any help / advice / guidance / tips will be much appreciated

Reply privately

By *EAT..85Woman
over a year ago

Nottingham

I'd just like the goddamn bus to wait when it sees me 'running'

But in seriousness, everyone working on themselves are awesome

Reply privately

By *irmingham_Sissy_MaidTV/TS
over a year ago

sutton Coldfield

Sub 3:30 marathon for me.

Reply privately

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I’ve always been a heavy runner , 90kg and just over 6 feet so never expected anything except maybe lose a bit of weight and not be so out of breath climbing the stairs. First 5k was 37 mins and within 2 years 21:13 current pb. Finishing in the top 10 was a huge buzz, barely able to breath, adrenaline, addictive , love that feeling of being completely spent

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

"I want to find a flat local Parkrun to push. I'm reliably informed Alexandra Park, Manchester, but then I have to get up early

I just pushed to school and back, lovely incline on the way home *strong shoulder emoji*

How about a pre MLS Parkrun on December 11th ??"

Ooooooooo if it's not pissing down then I might well be up for it! Rain + wheelchair rims = no grip. Or brakes

Reply privately

By *oublesixesMan
over a year ago

Corby

Just started a few weeks ago, I'm comfortable doing 3 km in 25 mins at the moment but hope to build up some distance and pace. Aiming to shift the beer belly

Reply privately

over a year ago

I just pushed to school and back, lovely incline on the way home *strong shoulder emoji*"

The Newcastle under Lyme parkrun is a nice flat one (the Wammy). Don't know if that's too far away?

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

The Newcastle under Lyme parkrun is a nice flat one (the Wammy). Don't know if that's too far away? "

Thank you, that would be a day trip, but it's nice to have options! Lots round here have steps, woodland,etc. Looking for boring old flat tarmac or similar

Reply privately

over a year ago

The Newcastle under Lyme parkrun is a nice flat one (the Wammy). Don't know if that's too far away?

Thank you, that would be a day trip, but it's nice to have options! Lots round here have steps, woodland,etc. Looking for boring old flat tarmac or similar "

I've seen a few wheelchair users doing the Wammy. It's an old train track so it's all tarmac and a straight line until you have to turn around.

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

Thank you, that would be a day trip, but it's nice to have options! Lots round here have steps, woodland,etc. Looking for boring old flat tarmac or similar

I've seen a few wheelchair users doing the Wammy. It's an old train track so it's all tarmac and a straight line until you have to turn around. "

Sounds ace, it's on the list, thank you!

Reply privately

over a year ago

I usually do 10km 2-3 times a week but I’ve just signed up for my first half marathon in January

Reply privately

By *amie HantsWoman
over a year ago

Atlantis

I tried to go for a run last night but after about 2 minutes I had such bad shin splints I had to drag myself back to my car then my car drove on autopilot to McDonald’s which was weird. I’ll try rub again tonight and see what the shin spilt sitch is.

Reply privately

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

I'd be over the moon if I could even run.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Pulled my best time just now. Nothing like running against negative feelings

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I tried to go for a run last night but after about 2 minutes I had such bad shin splints I had to drag myself back to my car then my car drove on autopilot to McDonald’s which was weird. I’ll try rub again tonight and see what the shin spilt sitch is. "

Don’t rub it too much, you’ll only wear it out!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Pulled my best time just now. Nothing like running against negative feelings "

Yaay! Well done

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Pulled my best time just now. Nothing like running against negative feelings

Yaay! Well done "

Thanks! Means a lot coming from ultra marathon lady!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yaay! Well done

Thanks! Means a lot coming from ultra marathon lady! "

Aw thank you. I limped a lot of it though, haha!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yaay! Well done

Thanks! Means a lot coming from ultra marathon lady!

Aw thank you. I limped a lot of it though, haha!"

Oh well. It's still massive achievement. X

Reply privately

over a year ago

What a great group! Great to see so many different levels but important thing is that you enjoy it.

I used to run about 2-3 times a week but have had a total enthusiasm drop off to get out there, which is crazy cos when I'm out, i really enjoy it..

I'm really aiming to get back to a sub 45 10km..

Remember kids.... Running a 7 minute mile or running a 14 minute mile, its still a mile!

Reply privately

By *handlerMonicaCouple
over a year ago

Leicester

Yeah!! Good to see this back, I was one of the original fab crap runners, it was a really good group.

Reply privately

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

" Sorry, I laughed at the fell over a twig bit, (hope you were okay though) those twigs are vicious. I definitely find it easier to train in this weather, running in the summer is almost unbearable. "

Ah laugh away! It was absurd, I was absurd. Pride comes before a fall and all that.

I'm too accident prone to run but I'll keep doing it anyway, it definitely helps my mental wellbeing. Summer is unbearable, I hope you manage to win the non-race soon.

And Leo, I'd love to do a pre-MLS parkrun if I do stay the Friday night!

Reply privately

over a year ago

There’s a local running club near me and I’m tempted to join to see if I can improve times and distances

Reply privately

over a year ago

"My aim is to win a Parkrun, I know it’s not a race (it’s totally a race). "

A little tip....do the parkrun any day other then the day its on...you will win

Reply privately

over a year ago

"There’s a local running club near me and I’m tempted to join to see if I can improve times and distances "

Do it! Then you can tell everyone that you're in a running club.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"There’s a local running club near me and I’m tempted to join to see if I can improve times and distances

Do it! Then you can tell everyone that you're in a running club. "

That's the whole point, right?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Thanks Tea for this thread, any threads on running will always grab my attention before any other

For me I am in the last few weeks of marathon training. I ran 20 miles on Sunday with a stinking head cold, in torrential rain on times and I fell over as I was about to have a wildie wee

My mileage is slowly dropping now as I lead up to tappering, I have interval training this evening and Thurs with a easy run on Fri and my long run is only 15 miles on Sunday.

Nerves are building in the background as I approach the event, 2 weeks on Sunday.

Good health and keep injury free to everyone on your running journeys.

NBVN x

Reply privately

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple
over a year ago

Cumbria

"My aim is to win a Parkrun, I know it’s not a race (it’s totally a race). "

It is Totally a race..

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Thanks Tea for this thread, any threads on running will always grab my attention before any other

For me I am in the last few weeks of marathon training. I ran 20 miles on Sunday with a stinking head cold, in torrential rain on times and I fell over as I was about to have a wildie wee

My mileage is slowly dropping now as I lead up to tappering, I have interval training this evening and Thurs with a easy run on Fri and my long run is only 15 miles on Sunday.

Nerves are building in the background as I approach the event, 2 weeks on Sunday.

NBVN x"

Oh best of luck NBVN! are you doing it for charity if you don't mind me asking?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Thanks Tea for this thread, any threads on running will always grab my attention before any other

NBVN x"

Good luck! Nerves got the better of me in my last race which was frustrating. Don't start too fast - that's my advice. Hope it goes well.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I run to build up my legs for long distance cycling and (as I am now 51) help to try and lose my bit of a tummy which is proving harder than expected

I started running (if you can call it that) during the first lockdown to get out of the house. I too have been viciously attacked by twigs and exposed roots

The running I have no set goal except I am hoping to cycle over 1000 miles over 9 days next year, so I need to try and sort my fitness out without damaging myself

Good luck everyone, and keep it up

Reply privately

over a year ago

NBVN x

Good luck! Nerves got the better of me in my last race which was frustrating. Don't start too fast - that's my advice. Hope it goes well. "

Aww thank you my lovely, I have trained to keep my pace down and I just need to remember that on the day and not get caught up in the atmosphere of the event and I need to not let other runners get into my head haha

Hope you succeed with your PB targets

NBVN x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"There’s a local running club near me and I’m tempted to join to see if I can improve times and distances

Do it! Then you can tell everyone that you're in a running club. "

Haha, I’ve not got a David Lloyd membership though?

Reply privately

over a year ago

NBVN x

Oh best of luck NBVN! are you doing it for charity if you don't mind me asking? "

Aww thank you

No, just a personal challenge. I didn't want the added pressure of running for a charity... sorry if that sounds selfish.

NBVN x

Reply privately

over a year ago

Did the London marathon at weekend, gladly never run again at this moment in time haha

Reply privately

over a year ago

NBVN x

Aww thank you

No, just a personal challenge. I didn't want the added pressure of running for a charity... sorry if that sounds selfish.

NBVN x"

No it doesn't. My good friend just did it for local mencap brunch and said it was tough mentally.. feeling like she cannot let them down. So i completely understand. You can pull it off. You put so much work into it. Your body knows what to do. It's just mental toughness now isn't it.. x

Reply privately

over a year ago

*BRANCH even

Reply privately

over a year ago

NBVN x"

Good luck NBVN, you’ve been doing some serious training and you’re ready fir this, it’s the mind game now if remembering to run your own race. And enjoy it xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

I recently won the local Half Marathon coming in 1 hour 27 minutes ahead of the second place runner.

I took my push bike.

Reply privately

over a year ago

NBVN x

Aww thank you

NBVN x

No it doesn't. My good friend just did it for local mencap brunch and said it was tough mentally.. feeling like she cannot let them down. So i completely understand. You can pull it off. You put so much work into it. Your body knows what to do. It's just mental toughness now isn't it.. x"

That's exactly what I wanted to avoid, and thank you for your support. It really is the mental toughness now.

NBVN x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Did the London marathon at weekend, gladly never run again at this moment in time haha "

Oh very well done to you. Did you run at the event or the virtual event?

I ran on Sunday and saw a few with their race numbers on.

Hope you have recovered well. I won't ask what your next event is quite yet then

NBVN x

Reply privately

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

Oooo yes I like this. I have been doing parkrun since restarted - 34 mins for. 5km with no real practice during the week.

My quickest prior to lockdown was at 27 mins so I am not the quickest.

I want to get back to fitness which means lots of walking and running to get back to running. The problem is that with football on I am struggling to get to park runs

My next park run may be next Saturday in Leicester

Reply privately

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

NBVN x"

Good luck for your race and don’t give in to maranoia! You’ll be great.

For me the worst thing about tapering was the unspent energy and restlessness

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Oooo yes I like this. I have been doing parkrun since restarted - 34 mins for. 5km with no real practice during the week.

I want to get back to fitness which means lots of walking and running to get back to running. The problem is that with football on I am struggling to get to park runs

My next park run may be next Saturday in Leicester "

Oh hello "neighbour". 27 minutes is my goal too.

Good luck to you!

Reply privately

over a year ago

NBVN x

Good luck NBVN, you’ve been doing some serious training and you’re ready fir this, it’s the mind game now if remembering to run your own race. And enjoy it xx "

Thanks Tom. It's been a fantastic training plan and my family have been wonderful as I fit my training in and amongst our lives and my work commitments.

I recently took my eldest (25 Yr old) to London and I was banned from talking about running, so I took my Paula Radcliffe bio for the coach. We went to Buckingham Palace and I wasn't interested in having a pic outside it until I apparently sprung into life when I saw a sign with the 7 mile marker for the marathon and I just had to have a pic with it

NBVN x

Reply privately

over a year ago

NBVN x

Good luck for your race and don’t give in to maranoia! You’ll be great.

For me the worst thing about tapering was the unspent energy and restlessness "

Thank you so much, great advice.

NBVN x

Reply privately

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

"Oooo yes I like this. I have been doing parkrun since restarted - 34 mins for. 5km with no real practice during the week.

My next park run may be next Saturday in Leicester

Oh hello "neighbour". 27 minutes is my goal too.

Good luck to you! "

For me I am still recovering from back it’s more or less on now - when I come back from Spain this weekend the goal will be to do 2 training 5km a week at the 7 mins a km mark

Reply privately

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

In a completely selfish act, I’ve decided that I’m going to sign up for the Manchester marathon in April. I’ve only just started lacing up again so a bloody long way to go (literally) but I hit my first 5k in 2 years yesterday and it felt good.

If I can be consistently running 10ks by the start of December then I’ll be in a good place to start the cycle.

Charity to be decided yet but I will be raising money for it

Reply privately

over a year ago

NBVN x

Good luck NBVN, you’ve been doing some serious training and you’re ready fir this, it’s the mind game now if remembering to run your own race. And enjoy it xx

Thanks Tom. It's been a fantastic training plan and my family have been wonderful as I fit my training in and amongst our lives and my work commitments.

I recently took my eldest (25 Yr old) to London and I was banned from talking about running, so I took my Paula Radcliffe bio for the coach. We went to Buckingham Palace and I wasn't interested in having a pic outside it until I apparently sprung into life when I saw a sign with the 7 mile marker for the marathon and I just had to have a pic with it

NBVN x"

Haha it’s all about what makes you tick, and you clearly love running. The thought of finishing is always the main focus of enjoyment. But so is every mile marker xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"In a completely selfish act, I’ve decided that I’m going to sign up for the Manchester marathon in April. I’ve only just started lacing up again so a bloody long way to go (literally) but I hit my first 5k in 2 years yesterday and it felt good.

If I can be consistently running 10ks by the start of December then I’ll be in a good place to start the cycle.

Charity to be decided yet but I will be raising money for it"

Why selfish? Quite the opposite. Not just for the sake of winning. But for personal betterment and charity on top.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"In a completely selfish act, I’ve decided that I’m going to sign up for the Manchester marathon in April. I’ve only just started lacing up again so a bloody long way to go (literally) but I hit my first 5k in 2 years yesterday and it felt good.

Charity to be decided yet but I will be raising money for it"

Good for you, I am quite envious of long distance runners. I do the cycling as it is low impact, although no amount of gel stops the nerve compression which leads to some crazy effects for about an hour after a day on the saddle

Reply privately

over a year ago

Played sports all my life but road running wouldn't be something for me at all , it'd play hell with my joints and they are all perfectly healthy and injury free atm and l wanna keep them that way for as long as possible but HUGE SALUTE to those that love the running in whatever distance they cover .

Reply privately

By *.R.MMan
over a year ago

Norfolk

Great thread Tea!

Im also in marathon training but the marathon I was going to do has been cancelled, trying to find another that isn’t over 2 hours away

I’m also going to do a couple of ultras next year 50km and possibly 50 miles if I can get it to work. I love to see new people taking up the sport if I can offer an advice to new runners let me know

Reply privately

By *wist my nipplesCouple
over a year ago

North East Scotland, mostly

Ahh, this is a thread for me! I started running about three years ago with the aim of getting fitter and stronger. Did couch to 5k which was fantastic and built up to running 5k three times a week. Sadly that initial enthusiasm ground to a halt when I had a period of ill health in the following spring, and since then although I get out on average once a week - trying to make it twice - I've never fully found my mojo. Changes in work and family life mean opportunities to run are more limited. I would welcome any tips on how to get back into a regular routine, as I feel so much better physically and mentally when I am!

Mrs TMN x

Reply privately

By *.R.MMan
over a year ago

Norfolk

"Ahh, this is a thread for me! I started running about three years ago with the aim of getting fitter and stronger. Did couch to 5k which was fantastic and built up to running 5k three times a week. Sadly that initial enthusiasm ground to a halt when I had a period of ill health in the following spring, and since then although I get out on average once a week - trying to make it twice - I've never fully found my mojo. Changes in work and family life mean opportunities to run are more limited. I would welcome any tips on how to get back into a regular routine, as I feel so much better physically and mentally when I am!

Mrs TMN x"

Winter months can be tricky due to dark streets etc however there are lots of beginner groups at most running clubs and sports centres. Alternatively a treadmill but these can be tedious. Happy to chat all things running if needed

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Ahh, this is a thread for me! I started running about three years ago with the aim of getting fitter and stronger. Did couch to 5k which was fantastic and built up to running 5k three times a week. Sadly that initial enthusiasm ground to a halt when I had a period of ill health in the following spring, and since then although I get out on average once a week - trying to make it twice - I've never fully found my mojo. Changes in work and family life mean opportunities to run are more limited. I would welcome any tips on how to get back into a regular routine, as I feel so much better physically and mentally when I am!

Mrs TMN x"

Join a local running club. When it's dark and I'm not in the mood, I don't think about going for a run. I just think about getting to running club and once I'm there I know I'll enjoy it.

Reply privately

By *reepass4meCouple
over a year ago

Cheltenham

Well I (M) recently started a 'tough' six day ultra. And since I only lasted 2 days* I hope I qualify under the cr@p runner remit.

Love running esp this time of year when the trees are turning and its fresh, not cold.

*100 people were out day 1 and 50% of starters (about 125) DNF'd day 2 as well

80/380 finished and the organiser told the rest of us to stick to parkrun

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Well I (M) recently started a 'tough' six day ultra. And since I only lasted 2 days* I hope I qualify under the cr@p runner remit.

Love running esp this time of year when the trees are turning and its fresh, not cold.

80/380 finished and the organiser told the rest of us to stick to parkrun "

If it's the ultra I think you mean, to complete two days is incredible.

Reply privately

By *he_Wite_NiteMan
over a year ago

Usually Dundee and around

"My aim is a sub2 HM and a sub25 5k. "

I would happily pace you in wither of those... and put you through your paces after!

Reply privately

By *he Mac LassWoman
over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

This pug chasing toddler has a treadmill since the last iteration.

I’m still shite. I’m still unbalanced (darn deaf problems) but only fell off the treadmill twice. That’s a win I feel.

I once did 2k without stopping or dying - I’m aiming to reach those heady heights again.

#FastWaddlersUnite

Reply privately

By *.R.MMan
over a year ago

Norfolk

"This pug chasing toddler has a treadmill since the last iteration.

I’m still shite. I’m still unbalanced (darn deaf problems) but only fell off the treadmill twice. That’s a win I feel.

I once did 2k without stopping or dying - I’m aiming to reach those heady heights again.

#FastWaddlersUnite"

Keep at it, not the falling over bit obvs

Reply privately

By *handlerMonicaCouple
over a year ago

Leicester

"Well I (M) recently started a 'tough' six day ultra. And since I only lasted 2 days* I hope I qualify under the cr@p runner remit.

80/380 finished and the organiser told the rest of us to stick to parkrun

If it's the ultra I think you mean, to complete two days is incredible. "

Absolutely, that's a brutal race, 2 days is still something to be very proud of

Reply privately

over a year ago

Mrs TMN x

Join a local running club. When it's dark and I'm not in the mood, I don't think about going for a run. I just think about getting to running club and once I'm there I know I'll enjoy it.

"

That's a nice way to put it. I'm going to join mine soon. Just need to build up to running comfortably longer distance so I can converse and run. That's the plan

Reply privately

By *reepass4meCouple
over a year ago

Cheltenham

"If it's the ultra I think you mean, to complete two days is incredible.

Absolutely, that's a brutal race, 2 days is still something to be very proud of"

Probably & thanks. Lots of training not to finish was very disappointing but at least I avoided the rescue helicopter.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Mrs TMN x

That's a nice way to put it. I'm going to join mine soon. Just need to build up to running comfortably longer distance so I can converse and run. That's the plan "

Don't put it off! They'll have a beginner group or a group leader that will jump at the chance to have someone to help. My running club has lots of different groups, some are jeffers (run 1 minute, walk 2) so they are ideal to get your confidence and stamina up.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Probably & thanks. Lots of training not to finish was very disappointing but at least I avoided the rescue helicopter. "

I bet! But all of that training is still in your legs.

Reply privately

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

"This pug chasing toddler has a treadmill since the last iteration.

#FastWaddlersUnite"

Yes Mac!

Keep that falling off the treadmill low, you'll soon be a speedy waddler.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Mrs TMN x

That's a nice way to put it. I'm going to join mine soon. Just need to build up to running comfortably longer distance so I can converse and run. That's the plan

Don't put it off! They'll have a beginner group or a group leader that will jump at the chance to have someone to help. My running club has lots of different groups, some are jeffers (run 1 minute, walk 2) so they are ideal to get your confidence and stamina up. "

Haha.. I get annoyed with too many instructions. I'm a lone wolf like that. But they do Christmas party and bbq and fun videos on their page and emails I got from them was lovely and welcoming so my party animal side my benefit from that. Real friends. Real supporters. Can't replace that.

Reply privately

By *oobyHotwifeWoman
over a year ago

Thurrock

I done the virtual london marathon this weekend but walked more than I ran (was my 9th & one of my toughest)

I started running in 2012 & found a real passion for it fir a few years until I suffered a really bad calf tear, fast forward 9 years and Im 3st heavier struggle to run a mile & would love to find that love of running again, I was never gonna break records but I enjoyed the me time of my solo runs and the atmosphere at races

Still resting the legs today but thinking of giving C25k another go tomorrow

Reply privately

over a year ago

I've been running for a few years now and I'm just back from an event in the wilds of scotland.

No plans for what comes next, although I may start goung to parkrun again as i no longer "have" to do long weekend training!

I love being able to get outdoors, see the sea, but also the great, supportive community

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I've been running for a few years now and I'm just back from an event in the wilds of scotland.

No plans for what comes next, although I may start goung to parkrun again as i no longer "have" to do long weekend training!

I love being able to get outdoors, see the sea, but also the great, supportive community "

Wilds of Scotland! what kind of event if its not too intrusive to ask?

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I'm aiming for sub 12 with a black coffee.

WTF is all the jargon?

Reply privately

By *enny63Man
over a year ago

Stafford and Wolves

Been running 5 years.

Couch to 5k first.

Just ran London marathon for 2nd time.

4.35,not bad for an old man with a dodgy hip.lol

Stafford Half 2 weeks ago, in 1.52.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Probably & thanks. Lots of training not to finish was very disappointing but at least I avoided the rescue helicopter. "

You did amazingly to cover 2 days - the mountain events are another level and that one is a beast! I dnf'd this weekend.. got beaten up by the mountains but made the sensible decision to stop before getting to the really high ground!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm aiming for sub 12 with a black coffee.

WTF is all the jargon?"

Haha! Sub just means under. I would love to run a half marathon in under two hours, even if it's 1.59.59!

Reply privately

over a year ago

My current half marathon PB is 2.03 so it should be easy. Surely!

Reply privately

By *.R.MMan
over a year ago

Norfolk

WTF is all the jargon?"

Sub 12 means the person wants to finish distance/time under that specified time whether it be minutes hours or days

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Thanks TuTu.....

I'm 5k in about 45 mins. I'm happy with that.

I run for stamina and endurance rather than speed - just as well really

I do approx 2.5k or more every other day to keep fit..... i'm not a speed queen.

Think I'll try a 5k next week..... see what my time is or if I die en route.

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

WTF is all the jargon?

Sub 12 means the person wants to finish distance/time under that specified time whether it be minutes hours or days "

My sub 12 was a bread roll with filling.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Love this thread.

I re downloaded C25K this morning and was just telling my friend about it while we were dog walking.

Pre covid we used to run 5k 4 times a week but haven’t for over a year now. Sadly she can’t come with me as her hips are bad so I’ll be doing it on my own with my trusty springer.

My aim is start tomorrow night.

Reply privately

By *heGateKeeperMan
over a year ago

Stratford

I need to get back into this thread. My Parkrun PB is 24:24 and I’d love to be close to that by the end of the year

Reply privately

By *.R.MMan
over a year ago

Norfolk

"Love this thread.

I re downloaded C25K this morning and was just telling my friend about it while we were dog walking.

Pre covid we used to run 5k 4 times a week but haven’t for over a year now. Sadly she can’t come with me as her hips are bad so I’ll be doing it on my own with my trusty springer.

My aim is start tomorrow night. "

Good luck

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Love this thread.

My aim is start tomorrow night. "

Best of luck

Reply privately

By *he_Wite_NiteMan
over a year ago

"My current half marathon PB is 2.03 so it should be easy. Surely! "

Based on your 5k time you should have a 1h57 HM in you.

My guess would be you may be starting out too fast.

You just need a decent pacer!

Reply privately

over a year ago

My current aim is to finish a parkrun sub 30 - I'm very close to achieving this. Although if I'm honest, my aim is actually to start running again after stopping for a week due to having a cold, and now finding that the weather has turned and it's gross outside. I need to motivate myself to get back outside!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Right now my aim is to get back training. Had some kind of weird tummy thing for 11 days now, lost a load of weight and haven't run for nearly 2 weeks. Supposed to be aiming for a PB on a marathon in 3 weeks, right now, I don't know if O will even get round the course. Just about to try a run this eve

Mr

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm fat. I don't run. I will try tho.

Reply privately

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"Right now my aim is to get back training. Had some kind of weird tummy thing for 11 days now, lost a load of weight and haven't run for nearly 2 weeks. Supposed to be aiming for a PB on a marathon in 3 weeks, right now, I don't know if O will even get round the course. Just about to try a run this eve

Mr"

If it makes you feel any better, I had stomach flu twice in the run up to my marathon a few years ago, come the actual day, it went well.

3 weeks is lots of time to recover and you’ve already done the hard work. Let your body recover and try not to stress about the illness. The worst thing that you can do is try to rush your recovery and return.

Reply privately

over a year ago

WTF is all the jargon?

Sub 12 means the person wants to finish distance/time under that specified time whether it be minutes hours or days

My sub 12 was a bread roll with filling. "

This is why you are the best on here

Reply privately

By *he_Wite_NiteMan
over a year ago

"My current aim is to finish a parkrun sub 30 - I'm very close to achieving this."

30mins is my favourite time to pace at parkrun, its a big milestone for a lot of folk, and there are often tears!

Reply privately

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"My current half marathon PB is 2.03 so it should be easy. Surely! "

If you work out what your pace to hit sub 2hrs should be and set out with that in mind, then you should hit it. If you aim for a fast finish rather than a fast start, then you can do it.

My fastest half was when I hit a 5k pb in the end!

Reply privately

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

Why selfish? Quite the opposite. Not just for the sake of winning. But for personal betterment and charity on top. "

It’s something that I’m doing for focus and to challenge myself. It’s been a while since I’ve done something just for myself, charity notwithstanding

Reply privately

over a year ago

Why selfish? Quite the opposite. Not just for the sake of winning. But for personal betterment and charity on top.

It’s something that I’m doing for focus and to challenge myself. It’s been a while since I’ve done something just for myself, charity notwithstanding "

Self caring then.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"My current half marathon PB is 2.03 so it should be easy. Surely!

If you work out what your pace to hit sub 2hrs should be and set out with that in mind, then you should hit it. If you aim for a fast finish rather than a fast start, then you can do it.

My fastest half was when I hit a 5k pb in the end! "

I know exactly what the pace should be, but I went out too fast anyway

Reply privately

over a year ago

You folks are all very serious runners so I will leave you all to it.

But I will pop back each week to let you know how I'm getting on

Motivation by self humiliation

Reply privately

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"You folks are all very serious runners so I will leave you all to it.

Motivation by self humiliation "

Not at all!

The whole point of the thread is support irrespective of where people are in their running journey and to share the victories, whether it’s 3k or 30!

The best thing about running is the community without competition, finish lines not finish times!

Supporting each other in our goals is what this thread is all about

Reply privately

By *he Mac LassWoman
over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

Stick with me. I’ll make you look brilliant by comparison

Reply privately

over a year ago

Don't. I didnt run until August. Did coach to 5k and one day after 7 wks I just run 5km. That was it. All new and unexpected. You have no idea what your body can do until you give it a challenge. And a new good habit. Same for the mind. Its been transforming.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Also coach to 5k isn't for everyone. Just do lots of reading and see what would suit you. Some programmes take it slow over 12 wks for example.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Nooo I only started 2 months ago, most of the time I feel like I'm coughing up blood

Reply privately

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

Nooo I only started 2 months ago, most of the time I feel like I'm coughing up blood "

I still feel like that now

Reply privately

over a year ago

One of my favourite threads for quite a while. Nice One Tea.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Nooo I only started 2 months ago, most of the time I feel like I'm coughing up blood

I still feel like that now"

I just said it elsewhere. I sound like a pregnant dog (bitch ) trying to run in labour..

Reply privately

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

I'm not a serious runner. Have you seen the size of my boobs? Impossible to be. But what I do want is to do something that makes me feel better. If you feel like you're doing crap (which you won't be), I'll be popping back with my weekly injuries and slow time for camaraderie.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Right now my aim is to get back training. Had some kind of weird tummy thing for 11 days now, lost a load of weight and haven't run for nearly 2 weeks. Supposed to be aiming for a PB on a marathon in 3 weeks, right now, I don't know if O will even get round the course. Just about to try a run this eve

Mr

If it makes you feel any better, I had stomach flu twice in the run up to my marathon a few years ago, come the actual day, it went well.

3 weeks is lots of time to recover and you’ve already done the hard work. Let your body recover and try not to stress about the illness. The worst thing that you can do is try to rush your recovery and return.

"

Thanks, I'd feel better if I really had done the hard work but I've had a run of it, couldn't manage one of the 16 miles as had a bug and died after 12, missed both my 18 and 20 with this stomach thing. I've run enough of them now to know if I'm better in the next week I'll get round but I won't be close to the time I initially wanted. Meh, there's bigger things in life.

Mr

Reply privately

over a year ago

Please don't be put off, one thing you find out about the running community is how much we all support each other regardless of ability levels.

NBVN x

Reply privately

over a year ago

It feels like that when you first start but if you stick with it you'll soon realise that by far the majority of runners are only in competition with themselves. Everyone else is respected simply for getting out and doing it- whatever pace or distance they do.

Mr

Reply privately

over a year ago

Thank you all for the support.

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

Hey - I can't fucking run at all. Anyone who can put one foot in front of the other without leaning on crutches is beating me

You do you - walk, jog, run, hop, wheelchair, whatever, so long as you're enjoying your exercise*

*Many MANY other forms of exercise are available!

Reply privately

By *.R.MMan
over a year ago

Norfolk

Serious runners were once beginners, we all have to start somewhere. Come join the fun

Reply privately

over a year ago

I can’t run, I’m very slow and also very crap. Stick with me and you’ll look fabulous

Reply privately

By *ussexualMan
over a year ago

Brighton

Tapering down for a fast ish 5k attempt on Saturday. Today was 10 min warm up, 1 min fast followed by 1 min slow, repeat this 6 times, 10 min cool down.

A bit breezy out there this morning.

Reply privately

By *ntrigued32Couple
over a year ago

Nottingham

I ran out of ummmppfff!!

I have made progress though.

Jo.Xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

Just going to start a couch to 5k…my son and i want to do Brighton 10k in April…. We got inspired by hubby who ran this year Brighton Marathon…and running next year also….

Son and I never run before….will keep you posted xxx

Reply privately

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"Just going to start a couch to 5k…my son and i want to do Brighton 10k in April…. We got inspired by hubby who ran this year Brighton Marathon…and running next year also….

Son and I never run before….will keep you posted xxx"

That’s awesome! It’s great that you’re all getting involved. I look forward to hearing how you’re getting on

Reply privately

By *ussexualMan
over a year ago

Brighton

"Just going to start a couch to 5k…my son and i want to do Brighton 10k in April…. We got inspired by hubby who ran this year Brighton Marathon…and running next year also….

Son and I never run before….will keep you posted xxx"

Couch to 5k is excellent, it's what got me into running. First run, at 6am so nodoby could see me, I was puffing and panting for each 60 second run. But I soon got into it. I used to visit the couchto5k forum on health unlocked dot com (it's a NHS site), which was great for advice and motivation

Reply privately

By *urls and DressesWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere near here

I’d like to get back into running. I was managing 5k which was quite an achievement for me. But I stopped about 3-4 years ago after some guys in a car shouted fatty and other horrible stuff at me, I had only just plucked the courage to run in built up areas, I always just ran on my farm.

I sat in my car and cried so much, never done it since. I do walk a lot now though

Reply privately

By *ussexualMan
over a year ago

Brighton

"I’d like to get back into running. I was managing 5k which was quite an achievement for me. But I stopped about 3-4 years ago after some guys in a car shouted fatty and other horrible stuff at me, I had only just plucked the courage to run in built up areas, I always just ran on my farm.

I sat in my car and cried so much, never done it since. I do walk a lot now though "

That's so horrible

There are some complete dick heads around who just don't think about the consequences of their words.

I hope you can get past them and start up again. Maybe try a parkrun, there you will be with so many people of different running (or walking) abilities, everyone can take as long as they like (or need to) to complete the 5k.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I’d like to get back into running. I was managing 5k which was quite an achievement for me. But I stopped about 3-4 years ago after some guys in a car shouted fatty and other horrible stuff at me, I had only just plucked the courage to run in built up areas, I always just ran on my farm.

I sat in my car and cried so much, never done it since. I do walk a lot now though "

Try ParkRun, it's full of good people of all abilities. Very inclusive and a great welcoming atmosphere. Plus you all grow together and find out about socials, events and races to join.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Hoping to get back to where I was last year. Had covid at Christmas and couldn't run for 4 months. Took me 6 months to manage 5k. Still not quite right but getting there.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Oh god that’s awful. What wankers. Some people are just so Damn rude and have no idea what their careless horrible comments do to someone’s confidence and all for them to have a laugh. It really makes me angry.

I’m a chunky girl and get paranoid about people seeing me attempting to run in day light so I only do it at night in the dark around the lanes by me. X

Reply privately

over a year ago

Hey - I can't fucking run at all. Anyone who can put one foot in front of the other without leaning on crutches is beating me

You do you - walk, jog, run, hop, wheelchair, whatever, so long as you're enjoying your exercise*

*Many MANY other forms of exercise are available! "

You are 100% correct and I feel like a proper asshole for reacting in such a childish way yesterday.

I was feeling super insecure and it's a touchy subject for me (as for many overweight people) but you are spot on in what you said

Reply privately

By *ttoWoman
over a year ago

llanelli

Thanks for this thread. I finally got my obese arse up and restarted couch to 5k at week 3. I ‘overran’ a few walking bits (not my first time restarting!) and managed a whopping 2.5k in half hour! I ache, my chest wheezes and I’m eating fruit. I’m also doing sober October (although late start) and feeling very fucking proud of myself right now for doing what some could do in their sleep.

Thanks for motivating me, and to all the haters; back off or I’ll sit on you

Reply privately

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

As others have said, what complete assholes.

If you want to get back into it, then maybe see about a local running group, that way it’s social as well as healthy.

Just remember that it doesn’t matter how fast you go or how big you might be/feel, by getting out and doing it, you’re already miles ahead of those that don’t

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Tapering down for a fast ish 5k attempt on Saturday. Today was 10 min warm up, 1 min fast followed by 1 min slow, repeat this 6 times, 10 min cool down.

A bit breezy out there this morning. "

That's what I did yesterday. Awesome feeling

Good luck on Sat!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Walking can be just as good. If you want I'll send you a great Ted talk which reaffirms that.

But big middle finger to that twat. I used to run at local cemetery as was worried about something similar. One day I went to park and a group of ladies were running past and they all shouted hello and waved and smiled. There are some nice people out there too.

Reply privately

By *he_Wite_NiteMan
over a year ago

"Thanks for this thread. I finally got my obese arse up and restarted couch to 5k at week 3. I ‘overran’ a few walking bits (not my first time restarting!) and managed a whopping 2.5k in half hour! I ache, my chest wheezes and I’m eating fruit. I’m also doing sober October (although late start) and feeling very fucking proud of myself right now for doing what some could do in their sleep.

Thanks for motivating me, and to all the haters; back off or I’ll sit on you "

Go you, great stuff!

Reply privately

By *he_Wite_NiteMan
over a year ago

Screw them!

There will always be haters; might it be that seeing others out running makes them feel guilty they aren't, so they make themselves feel better by putting others down!

Their opinion is of no value!

Get out there and do it for you!

I would love to run with you!

Reply privately

By *ragoniteMan
over a year ago

Cheshire

Love this thread. Shows that running is for anyone and everyone. It’s not how fast or far you can go compared to everyone else, it’s all about doing it for yourself and proving you can do things you never thought you could do.

Marathon for me this weekend, first one for 5 years. No chance of a PB, the fast legs of 5 years ago have been replaced by concrete ones but I’m just aiming to cross the finish line and avoid the medical tent!

Reply privately

By *.R.MMan
over a year ago

Norfolk

"Love this thread. Shows that running is for anyone and everyone. It’s not how fast or far you can go compared to everyone else, it’s all about doing it for yourself and proving you can do things you never thought you could do.

Marathon for me this weekend, first one for 5 years. No chance of a PB, the fast legs of 5 years ago have been replaced by concrete ones but I’m just aiming to cross the finish line and avoid the medical tent! "

Manchester? Did you see that tram’s won’t be operating ?

Reply privately

By *ragoniteMan
over a year ago

Cheshire

"Love this thread. Shows that running is for anyone and everyone. It’s not how fast or far you can go compared to everyone else, it’s all about doing it for yourself and proving you can do things you never thought you could do.

Marathon for me this weekend, first one for 5 years. No chance of a PB, the fast legs of 5 years ago have been replaced by concrete ones but I’m just aiming to cross the finish line and avoid the medical tent!

Manchester? Did you see that tram’s won’t be operating ? "

This is causing me more stress than the race is!! Last update was 2 lines will be operating a limited service so I’m going to have to get there as early as I can and hope for the best.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Marathon for me this weekend, first one for 5 years. No chance of a PB, the fast legs of 5 years ago have been replaced by concrete ones but I’m just aiming to cross the finish line and avoid the medical tent! "

The best of luck to you

NBVN x

Reply privately

over a year ago

wouldn't it be good idea to have running buddies thread on here ..I need help to get out there again

Reply privately

By *isspurplechesterWoman
over a year ago

Chester

Oh I’m loving this!!! I’ve just started running again after taking an 8 month break from it, I have a feeling it’s going to take me a little while to get back into it haha! Must remember to be kind on myself tho, or I’m guaranteed to flair up an old injury if I’m a stubborn arse!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Thanks for starting this thread OP

I started C25K in 2018 and was hooked!! Finally understood why people ran!

I certainly wasn't the fastest by any means but could run 5k without stopping. Such a great programme for beginners. Seriously never thought I could do it, but I did.

Did a Park run for my 50th and didn't finish last (not that it matters if you did)

The park run however confirmed afew things..

1:I'm not competitive

2:I'm definitely a solo runner,can't be running with other's.

3:Find running the same loop several times boring

Anyhoo... Had a dip in life, as one does... Struggling to get back into it.

Have tried to just get back out walking, but......

And then I get really annoyed with myself because I know what I have to do!!

So I shall keep an eye on this post for inspiration

Reply privately

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

Founding member here, check out the avatar.

First parkrun in freezing, shitty weather with a cracking bunch of Fabbers.

Reply privately

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

A town near you perhaps

I've started at a total beginners running club as I couldn't run for toffee.

It was the 4th week on Monday and I managed 1.19 mile without stopping which I know is pathetic to some of you but for me it was a personal achievement. I am meant to be able to run 3 miles by we reach week 10. I'm not able to go next week as it's a work colleagues birthday do so I'll be there the week after but worried I'll have to run 2 miles

Reply privately

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

A town near you perhaps

The absolute t*ats. I heard a comment the other night "if you run that slow you'll never get anywhere" from someone stood at his garden gate. I nearly challenged him but thought that lowlife wasn't worth my breath.

Please don't let idiots put you off. You are so much better than them.

Reply privately

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

I’ve just got back from a run and managed to knock 30 seconds per km off the same route from Monday. I’m very pleased with that for saying it’s only my fourth run back and second 5k in over 2 years!

I really needed that after today

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I've started at a total beginners running club as I couldn't run for toffee.

It was the 4th week on Monday and I managed 1.19 mile without stopping which I know is pathetic to some of you but for me it was a personal achievement. I am meant to be able to run 3 miles by we reach week 10. I'm not able to go next week as it's a work colleagues birthday do so I'll be there the week after but worried I'll have to run 2 miles "

1.19miles.. Fantastic achievement, well done .

Try not to overthink, and just enjoy the run for what it is.

Don't get in your head.

Enjoy the Birthday celebrations, and then enjoy the run.

Let's us know how you get on xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I’ve just got back from a run and managed to knock 30 seconds per km off the same route from Monday. I’m very pleased with that for saying it’s only my fourth run back and second 5k in over 2 years!

I really needed that after today"

Top !

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I’ve just got back from a run and managed to knock 30 seconds per km off the same route from Monday. I’m very pleased with that for saying it’s only my fourth run back and second 5k in over 2 years!

Great job

Well done you

Reply privately

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

A town near you perhaps

Wow that's fantastic. You must be chuffed

Reply privately

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

A town near you perhaps

"I've started at a total beginners running club as I couldn't run for toffee.

It was the 4th week on Monday and I managed 1.19 mile without stopping which I know is pathetic to some of you but for me it was a personal achievement. I am meant to be able to run 3 miles by we reach week 10. I'm not able to go next week as it's a work colleagues birthday do so I'll be there the week after but worried I'll have to run 2 miles

1.19miles.. Fantastic achievement, well done .

Try not to overthink, and just enjoy the run for what it is.

Don't get in your head.

Enjoy the Birthday celebrations, and then enjoy the run.

Let's us know how you get on xx "

Thank you

Reply privately

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

I really needed that after today

Wow that's fantastic. You must be chuffed "

Definitely! I’m still finding my way back to natural pacing and my fitness is definitely lacking (stitch is a sod!) but I’m really glad with how I’m doing and feeling for saying it’s been so long and the injuries that I’ve had

Reply privately

over a year ago

Fantastic) it's so uplifting to see quick progress, especially if somewhat unexpected.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Thanks for this thread. I finally got my obese arse up and restarted couch to 5k at week 3. I ‘overran’ a few walking bits (not my first time restarting!) and managed a whopping 2.5k in half hour! I ache, my chest wheezes and I’m eating fruit. I’m also doing sober October (although late start) and feeling very fucking proud of myself right now for doing what some could do in their sleep.

Thanks for motivating me, and to all the haters; back off or I’ll sit on you "

Very well done

NBVN x

Reply privately

By *issy and GingeCouple
over a year ago

Poole

Well I’ve managed to get back the 5k on a treadmill…. So next stop 5k out in the real world.

Parkrun beckons

Reply privately

By *xciter7169Man
over a year ago

The Midlands

Started going running[walking] again,puts me in a good mood but it is a struggle,im sure ive only got one lung!

Reply privately

By *ragoniteMan
over a year ago

Cheshire

"Oh I’m loving this!!! I’ve just started running again after taking an 8 month break from it, I have a feeling it’s going to take me a little while to get back into it haha! Must remember to be kind on myself tho, or I’m guaranteed to flair up an old injury if I’m a stubborn arse! "

Welcome back to running. To reduce the chances of niggles becoming injuries, make sure you get into the routine of stretching after runs and do some core/flexibility work too. And a bit of foam rolling. Painful but essential!

Reply privately

over a year ago

So, what? Do you have a middle finger? Don't be shy, show it!

You can lose some fat, if you want, they will never be able to grow a brain.

Run for your own fun, the goals will come when running will feel natural and relaxing.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I sat in my car and cried so much, never done it since. I do walk a lot now though

The absolute t*ats. I heard a comment the other night "if you run that slow you'll never get anywhere" from someone stood at his garden gate. I nearly challenged him but thought that lowlife wasn't worth my breath.

Please don't let idiots put you off. You are so much better than them."

This is not smthg isolate, I can hear such comments quite often while I run. Being polite, I just show them the middle finger. sometimes I spit,if I'm in a good mood I let a fart go

Just trying to speak their language, so they can understand

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

This is not smthg isolate, I can hear such comments quite often while I run. Being polite, I just show them the middle finger. sometimes I spit,if I'm in a good mood I let a fart go

Just trying to speak their language, so they can understand "

Chuckled at these self defence tips

Reply privately

over a year ago

So I went out for a run today, after a two week break due to being ill, and I'm so glad I did! It wasn't my fastest and my thighs really hurt now, but I'm back in the game and feeling so much healthier (all in my mind I know) after just one run.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Me too! Perfect evening for a run I loved it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So I went out for a run today, after a two week break due to being ill, and I'm so glad I did! It wasn't my fastest and my thighs really hurt now, but I'm back in the game and feeling so much healthier (all in my mind I know) after just one run. "

Training runs should never be your fastest!

Reply privately

By *handlerMonicaCouple
over a year ago

Leicester

"So I went out for a run today, after a two week break due to being ill, and I'm so glad I did! It wasn't my fastest and my thighs really hurt now, but I'm back in the game and feeling so much healthier (all in my mind I know) after just one run.

Training runs should never be your fastest!"

This. Train slow, race fast

Reply privately

By *rofessor ElementalMan
over a year ago

Durham

Just coached a couch to 5K group this evening.

Reply privately

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"So I went out for a run today, after a two week break due to being ill, and I'm so glad I did! It wasn't my fastest and my thighs really hurt now, but I'm back in the game and feeling so much healthier (all in my mind I know) after just one run. "

Yay!

Well done

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well done Kitty, it's a fantastic feeling isn't it.

Ps... don't worry about pace, your effort is all that mattered this evening.

NBVN x

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well done Kitty, keep it up! Running is mostly a mental battle

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don’t have a goal yet but anything fitness wise is an improvement on the non that I do at the moment

Reply privately

over a year ago

Thanks guys

Interesting point made about training runs needing to be slower, I've been trying to get faster each time I go out, regardless of whether it's a training or race run. Should I be going slower then when I train? I don't get how going slower will help? Confused lol

Reply privately