FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

A diet should feel like you arent dieting.

Jump to newest

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

Who else agrees with that? I do and that is why it is important to find such a away to diet, that you can follow the rest of your life, as everyday should feel like a "cheat" day, by making good low calorie meals. I have such a diet myself. I follow flexible dieting and I look forward to all my meals. I bring in the food into the circle not out and with that it makes it easy to be lean year round

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

"Who else agrees with that? I do and that is why it is important to find such a away to diet, that you can follow the rest of your life, as everyday should feel like a "cheat" day, by making good low calorie meals. I have such a diet myself. I follow flexible dieting and I look forward to all my meals. I bring in the food into the circle not out and with that it makes it easy to be lean year round "

I agree.

The idea of “going on a diet” smacks of being a temporary measure, probably unsustainable, quite likely to result in eight reigning to previous levels once “the diet” is over.

Having a healthy balanced diet and exercise regime gets you to a sustainable weight, might need a tweak here or there after festive periods or holidays, but no need for starvation or extremes.

Problem is that lots of people are impatient and want immediate results without sustained sensible living, so they’re are plenty out there who will promise them just that ... hacks, shortcuts, fat burners, miracle workouts, immediate miracle results without having to get fit or put in any real work or discipline.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Totally agree. I tend to eat mostly keto, if I want a treat that isn’t on plan then I have one. But to be honest I love eating this way, it suits me and I feel good too. The key is in it not being hard work or feeling that you miss out!

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

"Who else agrees with that? I do and that is why it is important to find such a away to diet, that you can follow the rest of your life, as everyday should feel like a "cheat" day, by making good low calorie meals. I have such a diet myself. I follow flexible dieting and I look forward to all my meals. I bring in the food into the circle not out and with that it makes it easy to be lean year round

I agree.

The idea of “going on a diet” smacks of being a temporary measure, probably unsustainable, quite likely to result in eight reigning to previous levels once “the diet” is over.

Having a healthy balanced diet and exercise regime gets you to a sustainable weight, might need a tweak here or there after festive periods or holidays, but no need for starvation or extremes.

Problem is that lots of people are impatient and want immediate results without sustained sensible living, so they’re are plenty out there who will promise them just that ... hacks, shortcuts, fat burners, miracle workouts, immediate miracle results without having to get fit or put in any real work or discipline. "

Yes, you are right there as well, as people arent so patience, as they want quick results, which wont be sustainable in the long run there

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Depends how lean your getting. You won’t get sub 10% workout feeling some effects

But if your obese you should be able to get to a good level without too much struggle

over a year ago

Agree. I want to be able to continue eating 20 pies a day and still lose weight.

So far it's not working.

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"Agree. I want to be able to continue eating 20 pies a day and still lose weight.

So far it's not working. "

xx

over a year ago

I think as soon as you mention the word DIET you want to eat everything in sight. I tend to stick with little and often with been a nurse. 80% of the time good and 20% naughty..Because after all a little bit of what you fancy does you good right?

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Its not a diet. it's me having a healthy relationship with food

By *ovebjsMan
over a year ago

Bristol

It’s the same as giving up smoking/drinking needs to be a lifestyle change

Diet’s don’t work as someone has already said it just sound too temporary

over a year ago

Changing your eating habits I have found is much more beneficial than a diet for myself personally.

Been on a bit of a fitness / weight loss journey since may and found changing my eating habits rather than a diet, which I initially started on, has been better.

Managed to lose 2 stone 7lb currently so far in doing this as well as exercising on average about 4 days a week

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"Changing your eating habits I have found is much more beneficial than a diet for myself personally.

Been on a bit of a fitness / weight loss journey since may and found changing my eating habits rather than a diet, which I initially started on, has been better.

Managed to lose 2 stone 7lb currently so far in doing this as well as exercising on average about 4 days a week "

Well done xx

over a year ago

"Changing your eating habits I have found is much more beneficial than a diet for myself personally.

Managed to lose 2 stone 7lb currently so far in doing this as well as exercising on average about 4 days a week

Well done xx"

Thank you kindly

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Well done xx

Thank you kindly "

Xxx

over a year ago

All depends on what your goals are OP. I go strict vegan throughout the year to loose body fat, works a treat and when you are on it you can eat as much as you like

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 04/10/21 14:20:07]

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

"Totally agree. I tend to eat mostly keto, if I want a treat that isn’t on plan then I have one. But to be honest I love eating this way, it suits me and I feel good too. The key is in it not being hard work or feeling that you miss out!"
That is good and yes, it should be easy to follow as you say too

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"[Removed by poster at 04/10/21 14:20:07]"

Good dieting everyone

over a year ago

Since I got my Fitbit and actually learnt how to use it! I just make sure that I count the calories going in and ensure that more goes out than in.

I love it

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Agreed. I eat for health, energy

, strength and socially, nothing else. If you are eating because you are unhappy or bored you will choose very different foods

over a year ago

The only thing that works for me is calorie counting eat what you like but all within your calorie allowance

By *odgerMooreMan
over a year ago

Carlisle

Main reasons for not keeping to a ‘diet’. Repetition or bland food Ive found and theres no need and i am now 4 hrs into my new diet and sticking to it so am going to celebrate with a litre tub if ice cream - fish and chips with curry sauce, and a 6 pack of bud (Lite) as i want to keep an eye on the carbs!!

By *odgerMooreMan
over a year ago

Carlisle

"Since I got my Fitbit and actually learnt how to use it! I just make sure that I count the calories going in and ensure that more goes out than in.

I love it "

my cock is calorie free - so we’ll be fine on going in or coming out - only thinking of you here!!

over a year ago

I’m on a keto diet, I daily fast for 16 hours. I have been for past 8 months.

Yes, there is suffering and it did feel like a diet for the first few weeks. After which it becomes a lifestyle and it only feels like a diet to others .

My lifestyle doesn’t spoil or ruin my happiness or health, and I don’t really care if of others do feel I’m deprived.

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

"The only thing that works for me is calorie counting eat what you like but all within your calorie allowance "

That’s what I find the best. Hit your calorie goal, hit your protein goal. End

By *ose and her beastCouple
over a year ago

Watford

It's not a diet it's me being miserable to look better for the benefit of others

By *hrough the looking gla55Couple
over a year ago

Epsom

A “diet” is for life not just for beach season. Be kind to yourself and have another slice of cake and do an extra 20 minutes whether it be in the gym, on a walk or in the bedroom

Bx

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

By *xfordshireCoupleMFCouple
over a year ago

Nr. Oxford

Im half and half about this. The doctors have advised I lose weight, a lot of weight, 7 stone to be exact. They advised a 1400 daily calorie allowance, now of course I have taken the first steps to reducing my calorie intake but at no point is this going to be particularly enjoyable. They have said to exercise but only eat 1400, will that amount ever go up? I’m not sure, probably not. Plan a meal plan with only 1400 calories, it’s not fun and there is no room for treats. I guess we will see how it goes.

Lily

By *urvySub87Woman
over a year ago

Near Wellingborough

I got told that I needed to lose 9 stone. So I lost 9 stone....hated it. So I thought, I'm going to gain 10lbs, I gained 4 stone. I've managed to lose 2 of those again, really want to drop that last stone before end of the year but I'm not in the right mindset so it's difficult

over a year ago

"The only thing that works for me is calorie counting eat what you like but all within your calorie allowance

That’s what I find the best. Hit your calorie goal, hit your protein goal. End "

By *ust PeachyWoman
over a year ago

Prestonish

"Im half and half about this. The doctors have advised I lose weight, a lot of weight, 7 stone to be exact. They advised a 1400 daily calorie allowance, now of course I have taken the first steps to reducing my calorie intake but at no point is this going to be particularly enjoyable. They have said to exercise but only eat 1400, will that amount ever go up? I’m not sure, probably not. Plan a meal plan with only 1400 calories, it’s not fun and there is no room for treats. I guess we will see how it goes.

Lily "

Seriously?

From your pictures I can’t see that you could possibly be 7st overweight. Id have said a couple of stones at the most - which is what I could do to lose. X

over a year ago

I don’t like the word diet. It conjures up images of restrictions and scarcity.

I have a healthy eating lifestyle.

I eat sensibly, allow myself the very occasional treat, and I have a little chocolate every day.

By *aomilatteCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

"Who else agrees with that? I do and that is why it is important to find such a away to diet, that you can follow the rest of your life, as everyday should feel like a "cheat" day, by making good low calorie meals. I have such a diet myself. I follow flexible dieting and I look forward to all my meals. I bring in the food into the circle not out and with that it makes it easy to be lean year round "

What are these low calorie meals we can look forward too?

By *929Man
over a year ago

newcastle

To be fair hate dieting with passion so when wanting to tighten up a bit I do 3 days at 800 calories or so and the other 4 at a more normal caloric intake find this more bearable

over a year ago

"Im half and half about this. The doctors have advised I lose weight, a lot of weight, 7 stone to be exact. They advised a 1400 daily calorie allowance, now of course I have taken the first steps to reducing my calorie intake but at no point is this going to be particularly enjoyable. They have said to exercise but only eat 1400, will that amount ever go up? I’m not sure, probably not. Plan a meal plan with only 1400 calories, it’s not fun and there is no room for treats. I guess we will see how it goes.

Lily "

Have you tried intermittent fasting? I've been eating 2 meals daily with room for snacks and naturally end up eating anywhere from 12-1400 cals. As my set amount of cals for weight loss is 1650 daily this also means I've got a nice little surplus saved up for weekend treats AND I'm steadily losing weight

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

Post new Message to Thread