Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Walks

Jump to newest

By *stella OP   Woman
over a year ago

London

I love a walk. Striding out in the open air and taking in all the surrounding nature or even urban scenery.

What walk would you recommend and why?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *orksRockerMan
over a year ago

Bradford

Bridlington... Loads of fossils on that beach... I could and have spent all day combing it up and down

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I would always recommend walking some mountains. The views are spectacular and gets you away from life for a few hours

over a year ago

I love a coastal walk clean fresh air also woodland walk

By *dam1971Man
over a year ago

Bedford

Through the streets in the early evening. People have their lights on inside the house but haven’t closed their curtains yet and you can pass comment on their decor or choice of television programme

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Any beach with wave vocals, love the sound of water popping and swirling amongst the stones

over a year ago

Within 2 minutes of my front door I can be on a bridleway through woods

You can pick up the canal part way and walk into a couple of local villages for lunch in one of cafes or bars and a rummage round the shops

I enjoy a walk with distractions

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

An early morning walk through the woods opposite. The sun streams through the beautifully coloured leaves, you have the satisfaction of the crisp crunch of the ones underfoot and the air is clean. Peaceful. Calm. It's absolute bliss.

over a year ago

"Within 2 minutes of my front door I can be on a bridleway through woods

You can pick up the canal part way and walk into a couple of local villages for lunch in one of cafes or bars and a rummage round the shops

I enjoy a walk with distractions "

Within 5 minutes I can be on a hillside and walk over the top and across into Derbyshire

No shops or cafes that way though

By *ack688Man
over a year ago

abruzzo Italy (and UK)

I live in the foothills of the Maiella mountains, and the walks here are beautiful, amazing landscapes!

over a year ago

"I love a walk. Striding out in the open air and taking in all the surrounding nature or even urban scenery.

What walk would you recommend and why? "

As a kid I used to Love being in the city at the weekend. It was totally empty and you wouldn't see another soul all day. The city has changed a lot since then but I do like a walk around shorditch, Liverpool St, Brick Lane on a Sunday. The street art is amazing and often you can see artists spraying away. Plenty of good eats and drinks avalible now.

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Been following my friend doing the Thames path in sections via Instagram. That looks very interesting.

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

There is a wonderful walk close to us along the North Downs Way. Some of the views into central London and down to the south are amazing.

We went to Bath recently and there is a circuit in the hills surrounding the town that we are keen to do.

By *VineMan
over a year ago

The right place

I get out to the mountains a couple of times a month. Snowdonia, Lake District, Brecon Beacons and Peak District mostly.

My favourite walks this year was the West Highland Way and Tryfan and Bristly Ridge

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

I’m really lucky to live in the middle of the Cotswolds. Going out for a long wander is extremely relaxing and distressing too

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"I’m really lucky to live in the middle of the Cotswolds. Going out for a long wander is extremely relaxing and distressing too "

De-stressing

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

I try to get a stiff one in every day. I time myself. 23 minutes along the river to the weir at Beeleigh. A 5 minute break to take in the scenery, then 30 minutes along the other bank and up the hill. Cleanses the mind.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

"I’m really lucky to live in the middle of the Cotswolds. Going out for a long wander is extremely relaxing and distressing too

De-stressing "

over a year ago

I love an early morning walk in the New Forest on an Misty Autumn morning

By *ensuallover1000Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

Woodland walking; At one with nature amongst the splendour of beautiful trees.

over a year ago

"I get out to the mountains a couple of times a month. Snowdonia, Lake District, Brecon Beacons and Peak District mostly.

My favourite walks this year was the West Highland Way and Tryfan and Bristly Ridge"

We see quite enough Bristly Ridges on here as it is thank you very much

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I like to put on a head torch and walk through the caves under this city , although a few are being converted into bars now

over a year ago

No need to walk anywhere these days, all that shit is on Google Earth.

over a year ago

A stroll on Dartmoor is good for the soul

By *picMan
over a year ago

Petworth

Southdowns Way and Monarchs Way, beach walks pretty much anywhere are always good.

By *onb21Woman
over a year ago

Cardiff

I really like walking in the woods. It smells amazing and the sounds are muted like walking in the snow. Looking up at the trees you feel connected with nature and relieved from stress and problems.

over a year ago

I love nature but urban walks are underrated. So much to see and learn in a big city and often we never experience them on foot. In London I loved walking in the City at the weekend then go East towards the Docklands or as far as Greenwich if you're energetic.

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

I often walk in the forest so love nature x

By *areToShareCouple
over a year ago

Bingham

"Bridlington... Loads of fossils on that beach... I could and have spent all day combing it up and down "

Loads of fossils in Brid. A lot of them message us weekly..maybe we should lower our age preference

(Just kidding)

over a year ago

"I love a walk. Striding out in the open air and taking in all the surrounding nature or even urban scenery.

What walk would you recommend and why? "

Being a country boy ive overwalked derbyshire & wales really i much prefer to jump on my bike and hit scenic trails.

That said i love urban canal walks particularly Regent's Canal King's Cross to camden.

Post new Message to Thread