Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Police and dogging

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I know to some, this may sound stupid for me to ask but is dogging illegal, I mean if your having fun in the car at night, can they do anything???

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I know to some, this may sound stupid for me to ask but is dogging illegal, I mean if your having fun in the car at night, can they do anything???"

It isn't a stupid question.

There is a ton of information on legalities it's best you look it up.

Nudity or sex in public places is an offence if it is possible that it could be seen by the public.

e.g. Dogging in a garden that is not overlooked at all is perfectly fine.

Dogging in a public car park that I drive into and squeal in shock is illegal.

By *elshkinkyMan
over a year ago

south wales

Yes….

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Dogging in public is illegal OP

By *elshkinkyMan
over a year ago

south wales

Outraging public decency… and the headlines in the paper about the court case may make your life interesting after

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So even if its pitch black and its just 2 of you in the car, you can still get done for it??

over a year ago

"So even if its pitch black and its just 2 of you in the car, you can still get done for it??"

If someone else sees you, yes

By *ussexualMan
over a year ago

Brighton

I think technically it has to be a situation where two people could be expected to see you, so if it's the middle of the night, on a quiet lane, in a car and you can afford a good solicitor, you'd probably get away with it.

Incidentally, there's no specific law against Nudity, which is why that naked rambler guy from Kent was cleared.

Fun fact, in Singapore it is illegal to be naked in your own home.

By *arakiss12TV/TS
over a year ago

Bedford

It's illegal that's the thrill of it.

Some get a kick out of the risk of getting court.

What spoils it are annoying kids who should be in bed or doing their bloody homework instead of driving around in the car their parents bought them, said parents are now trying to find a quite dogging spot, the irony.

By *arakiss12TV/TS
over a year ago

Bedford

"It's illegal that's the thrill of it.

Some get a kick out of the risk of getting caught.

What spoils it are annoying kids who should be in bed or doing their bloody homework instead of driving around in the car their parents bought them, said parents are now trying to find a quite dogging spot, the irony."

By *arakiss12TV/TS
over a year ago

Bedford

Bet some off duty police are into dogging.

By *uke-de-PleasureMan
over a year ago

Leeds

"I know to some, this may sound stupid for me to ask but is dogging illegal, I mean if your having fun in the car at night, can they do anything???"

No. Your question is certainly not stupid. Its one a journalist friend of mine was tasked with finding out for publication. I've selected some of the points she raised in her subsequent article that I trust will indeed answer your question:

Sex in public, watched by others is not illegal in itself BUT it can be if another person sees the act.

So as it is not against the law to be in a public area with the purpose of meeting other people – however - if it causes outrage to a witness then an offence of public indecency or public nuisance may be committed

So is dogging illegal? The technical answer is actually no. Contrary to popular belief, there is not one actual law specifically against dogging.

However, and this is where things get a tad more complex, there are a myriad of offences anyone caught having sex in public could possibly be charged with and the police may indeed take action if people make an official complaint and report they are offended by your antics. So be warned you could be charged under the Sexual Offences Act 2003 with indecent exposure, public lewdness and gross indecency. To name just a few.

Also, according to the sexual health charity FPA, it is not a crime to be naked in public. Again however it is possible that a naked person could be arrested and charged with causing harassment, alarm or distress if they do not put clothes on when a member of the public or police officer asks them to do so.

The big one though to watch out for is if you are seen having sex in public by minors. i.e. persons under 18 years of age. In that instance, dependent on the parents and/or guardians reporting you, you could potentially end up on the sex offender's register.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

It's not illegal per se, except if exposure is done to cause alarm or offence. If you were diligent and unlikely to be viewed and cause alarm and offence, then you should be fine. The laws in Scotland and Northern Ireland differ somewhat.

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

"So even if its pitch black and its just 2 of you in the car, you can still get done for it??"

That’s not really dogging

By *ud and BryanCouple
over a year ago

Boston, Lincolnshire

"It's not illegal per se, except if exposure is done to cause alarm or offence. If you were diligent and unlikely to be viewed and cause alarm and offence, then you should be fine. The laws in Scotland and Northern Ireland differ somewhat. "

Exactly!

If it is reasonable to expect a member of the general public to unwittingly see you, then it IS an offence.

If a person has to make an effort to see what is happening, it is GENERALLY NOT an offence.

By *orders-cplCouple
over a year ago

middx cpl

i have heard if caught you get put on sexual register

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

"Bet some off duty police are into dogging."

A police man I met few years back suggested we go in the woods for sex so yes x

By *elshkinkyMan
over a year ago

south wales

"It's not illegal per se, except if exposure is done to cause alarm or offence. If you were diligent and unlikely to be viewed and cause alarm and offence, then you should be fine. The laws in Scotland and Northern Ireland differ somewhat. "

Not strictly true to be honest … it doesn’t have to include an intent to cause but merely the fact it did (or could have).

By *arakiss12TV/TS
over a year ago

Bedford

"Bet some off duty police are into dogging.

A police man I met few years back suggested we go in the woods for sex so yes x"

Bound to be a few out there. X

By *usie pTV/TS
over a year ago

taunton

I wouldn't be too concerned about it just be a tad sensible where you do it and try not to offend anyone and most importantly don't leave any evidence of your activities scattered around for people to find. The police wouldn't need to be sherlock holmes to nab some of us most nights of the week its when we cause a nuisance where people live with constant vehicles moving around causing a disturbance and that type of thing that cause constant complaints from the general public. It is a long time since I have seen any reports of anyone being prosecuted for such things. I have been stopped several times in the early hours of the morning by police in remote locations generally because I am in my van but when they find me dressed as a slut in high heels they seem to think I probably not committed too many burglaries and tell me to make my way home, there was one occasion when one police man had other ideas but I had to meet him when he came off duty lol

over a year ago

There was a popular dogging/ cruising site just off the M62 nr Burtonwood Services along an old dead end lane.

It was well away from any main roads and no one had any reason to go there except for the aforementioned activities.

However, there was one man in a old farmhouse about half a mile away who put a complaint in to the police.

His complaint was accompanied by photos and vidoes he had taken with a telescopic lens camera equipment and written notes of stuff he had seen through his binoculars!!!!

He was charged with production of lewd or obscene material and voyeurism. No charges or investigations were brought about towards the people he had filmed.

By *usie pTV/TS
over a year ago

taunton

Lol.

By *uietly_KinkyMan
over a year ago

High Wycombe

My understanding (not a lawyer, for avoidance of doubt), is that it's illegal if someone sees it and is (or says they are) offended by it.

The person who is offended by it can be the rozzer who's nicking you for it.

over a year ago

Oh yess in deed, i used to be

By *arakiss12TV/TS
over a year ago

Bedford

Wish I owned a big hunk of land, I'd let doggers enjoy it as long as they kept the area free from rubbish.

over a year ago

"There was a popular dogging/ cruising site just off the M62 nr Burtonwood Services along an old dead end lane.

It was well away from any main roads and no one had any reason to go there except for the aforementioned activities.

However, there was one man in a old farmhouse about half a mile away who put a complaint in to the police.

His complaint was accompanied by photos and vidoes he had taken with a telescopic lens camera equipment and written notes of stuff he had seen through his binoculars!!!!

He was charged with production of lewd or obscene material and voyeurism. No charges or investigations were brought about towards the people he had filmed.

"

Rightly so, dirty barsteward!

over a year ago

"I think technically it has to be a situation where two people could be expected to see you, so if it's the middle of the night, on a quiet lane, in a car and you can afford a good solicitor, you'd probably get away with it.

Incidentally, there's no specific law against Nudity, which is why that naked rambler guy from Kent was cleared.

Fun fact, in Singapore it is illegal to be naked in your own home. "

how do they shower ? if not allowed ?

By *layfull pairingCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

Been caught twice... first time the coppers checked that the lady was ok and went on their way..... the second time one of them stood there a little longer than was necessary to kop an eye full... both times at well known dogging sites... I think as long as your being discreet about it whereby “normal people” are not likely to see you and your audience are only going to be doggers, coppers won’t bother you too much. They know what goes on... you just need to be sensible about where you do it..

By *ORDERMANMan
over a year ago

wrexham

What is the difference between a courting couple or even a married couple (seeking time alone from kids) using a venue that may be known as dogging spot....and a couple who have gone out dogging but no doggers are present..

Not all couples indulging in car sex are necessary seeking an audience.

over a year ago

It’s illegal if you get caught play safe and play in quiet locations. That’s the simplest way of explaining it.

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

"What is the difference between a courting couple or even a married couple (seeking time alone from kids) using a venue that may be known as dogging spot....and a couple who have gone out dogging but no doggers are present..

Not all couples indulging in car sex are necessary seeking an audience. "

Anyone having sex where a complainant could reasonably have seen them could be charged with outraging public decency. I have, on occasion, partaken in car based fun with my FWB, while parked away from anyone on a quiet, unlit lane. However, we are always ready to make ourselves decent quickly if anyone DOES come close because we don't want to be "done" for what is one man and one woman doing our own private thing. We certainly don't seek viewers or want to be watched. It's just the two of us (consenting adults etc).

By *rMs.NeekCouple
over a year ago

Worcestershire

[Removed by poster at 18/10/21 23:55:43]

over a year ago

A few weeks ago i was driving late at night and my phone went off. I needed to take this call so pulled up in a layby. Within 2 mins a police car pulled up and asked if i was there for dogging. I replied does miss palmy hand count. Lol. They didnt find it funny and went over my car with a fine tooth combe. Didnt find anything. But if i was there for dogging i bet they would nick you fast. So all be carfull.

over a year ago

It is illegal yes. Police get complaints from members of the public and they are often briefed about it prior to the start of their shift if there has been a recent spike in activity.

The days of body cam have made the job of proving it it quite a lot easier if the police wanted to proceed against you formally, which they are encouraged to do. If you don’t get arrested it will be because the officer has used discretion.

I think if it’s an active dogging area and their have been complaints the police are much less likely to use their discretion.

over a year ago

"It is illegal yes. Police get complaints from members of the public and they are often briefed about it prior to the start of their shift if there has been a recent spike in activity.

The days of body cam have made the job of proving it it quite a lot easier if the police wanted to proceed against you formally, which they are encouraged to do. If you don’t get arrested it will be because the officer has used discretion.

I think if it’s an active dogging area and their have been complaints the police are much less likely to use their discretion. "

My point exactly. I must have stopped in an area that they were watching.

over a year ago

"It is illegal yes. Police get complaints from members of the public and they are often briefed about it prior to the start of their shift if there has been a recent spike in activity.

I think if it’s an active dogging area and their have been complaints the police are much less likely to use their discretion. "

*There have been complaints (ffs )

By *uke DuchessCouple
over a year ago

Stoke-on-Trent

I know a couple of police that go dogging and swinging,

but they will arrest any dogger even if its just them that see the doggers

over a year ago

Anyone out dogging should be arrested to be honest as an security officer for government buildings it criminal plus environment as family, children ext.

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

"Dogging in public is illegal OP"

It is only illegal if a member of the public sees and reports.

By *yronMan
over a year ago

grangemouth

"I think technically it has to be a situation where two people could be expected to see you, so if it's the middle of the night, on a quiet lane, in a car and you can afford a good solicitor, you'd probably get away with it.

how do they shower ? if not allowed ?"

"Section 27A of the Miscellaneous Offences (Public Order and Nuisance) Act, Chapter 184, a person cannot be naked in a private place while being exposed to public view. This law came into effect in Feb 27, 1996"

By *MNJCouple
over a year ago

Nuneaton

Isn't it something like if there's a reasonable expectation you'll be seen by someone who doesn't want to see it then it's illegal or something like that.

I had a bit of a thing once about fucking in a store changing room and wondered if it was illegal and that's basically What I found, never did get around to it and unattended changing rooms seem rare.

M

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

"Section 27A of the Miscellaneous Offences (Public Order and Nuisance) Act, Chapter 184, a person cannot be naked in a private place while being exposed to public view. This law came into effect in Feb 27, 1996""

What about on a nudist beach?

By *yronMan
over a year ago

grangemouth

"Section 27A of the Miscellaneous Offences (Public Order and Nuisance) Act, Chapter 184, a person cannot be naked in a private place while being exposed to public view. This law came into effect in Feb 27, 1996"

What about on a nudist beach?

"

There aren't any in Singapore. It's a very conservative country, despite having a very tolerant attitude towards prostitution.

By *rFunBoyMan
over a year ago

Longridge

[Removed by poster at 19/10/21 01:45:40]

By *rFunBoyMan
over a year ago

Longridge

Having been dogging for over 29 years and had close shaves and caught a few times.

If simply parked and police turn up (with no grounds for proof) and start throwing accusations, then standing your ground without being arrogant towards them is best policy.

Many times I have been approached and asked what I am doing to which the response "chilling" or "watching foxes or badgers" really get them going.

If they arrive, I strongly suggest putting your phone on Voice Record and put in a location it can pick up what is being said.

Without proof, they cannot make false accusations against you although they'll try which is why I record as numerous times I have taken recordings to a Staff Sargent and complained leading to reprimanding.

As others have said, there has to be complaints from members of the public who have actually seen something and not assuming your up to something.

The times I have been caught have mostly been told to go home after they checked the female is there if her own free will. Unless there has been a complaint then there is little they can do.

Most see the situation as funny which tend to be male and worst is being sternly told that as an adult, I should know better and to go home.

I can tell some very funny stories but this post is already long enough.

If they do arrive, do not drive off, 99% of those leaving get followed and pulled up. Show you have nothing to hide, put radio4 on and wait for a tap on the window. Pretending to be asleep and that they disturbed you works well.

While playing, be always cautious of new vehicles arriving and couples parking in such a way that headlights will not show what is going on.

Someone will call out "car coming". Be ready to cover up and when approached, just be "talking".

A lot of replies here would put anyone off for life, seriously, just use common sense and stand your ground if you need to. A little light hearted banter can diffuse a situation quickly.

Most coppers I've had dealings with overlook in favour of eyes out in rural areas and as long as in secluded locations. I have reported car thieves, burglars, attempted suicides and lost count of drink drivers and accidents.

Rookies can get over zealous and I don't take kindly to being spoken to like dirt.

And yes, I have seen many occasions where one or two police car arrives, they pack off the single guys, to then block the road while they take turns.

I have also witnessed and dealt with threatening and coercive officers who think is ok to use threats of trouble for a couple, unless he gets what he demands.

If anyone wants advice, drop me a pm and I'd be happy to share.

Just be sensible and be ready to cover up but show you are NOT intimidated.

over a year ago

Ello ello ello

What's going on ere then?

By *an4funMan
over a year ago

london

"I know to some, this may sound stupid for me to ask but is dogging illegal, I mean if your having fun in the car at night, can they do anything???

Ello ello ello

What's going on ere then?"

I'm just taking the dog out for a walk officer. The waistband elastic on my trousers snapped hence why they are around my ankles.

Honest

over a year ago

"I know to some, this may sound stupid for me to ask but is dogging illegal, I mean if your having fun in the car at night, can they do anything???

Ello ello ello

What's going on ere then?

I'm just taking the dog out for a walk officer. The waistband elastic on my trousers snapped hence why they are around my ankles.

Honest"

A dog and trousers down....

You're on the wrong thread!

By *lex46TV/TS
over a year ago

Near Wells

Only two weeks ago at a well known local dogging /cruising spot on a busy Friday night the police drove in.

They did 3 laps of the car park and the place emptied out. I had parked so that their lights wouldn't shine in as they drove around. I was in the middle of giving a newbie whom we had chatted on here a blow Job in the front of my van.

I just told him not to move and I stayed where I was in between his legs with my head just above his cock.

He was, scared and panicking and I was laughing at the situation I was in. He soon left after the police had gone.

Turns out he was married etc! I don't think he'll be going to dogging places again soon.

By *rFunBoyMan
over a year ago

Longridge

Oh dear..

As said earlier, as long as they didn't see anything, there is little they can do.

Weren't you just "taking in some fresh air and taking" Occifer?

They smell fear so best not to react but just be wary of what vehicles are arriving. Knowing your scared is a power trip.

There is a lot of fear mongering in posts on this thread, probably by people that have never even been.

Couple years ago, was enjoying a 3some in a van with 7 or 8 watching through the gap in the door when plod turned up.

After flinging the doors open and floodlighting the inside of the van to find 3 of us sat in separate corners. After accusations they couldn't prove, they asked why I am out of breath, "feckin hey fever is triggering my astma" was my reply.

In the end, they just left us 3 in the van and just told the guys to go home.

I have seen couples stood in the middle of a car not giving a toss who drives in and carrying on, they get carted away in handcuffs, bit what do you expect?

By *yron69Man
over a year ago

Fareham

It’s not illegal to romp with your girlfriend in a car in public. If someone complains you could be charged with indecency though.

I cruise a bit and know we’re no different to courting couples. However the public do complain and do the police do patrol but more to frighten you off. Not much they can do unless they catch you in the act.

Just ask Gillian Taylforth..

By *rFunBoyMan
over a year ago

Longridge

[Removed by poster at 19/10/21 15:12:09]

By *rFunBoyMan
over a year ago

Longridge

Gobble Gobble - Shlurp

By *rFunBoyMan
over a year ago

Longridge

Then there was the time at an infamous water course in South Yorkshire.

Lady tied to a picnic bench, surrounded by about 14 guys patiently waiting their turn.

Only to find 6 police cars had driven down the lane with lights out in the dim moonlight and had surrounded us.

Suddenly, torches lit all around us to the loud call of "well, who is in charge here". A very timid husband put his hand up claiming she was his wife.

After a dressing down as to how bad sex in public places was came the final response, "you're all adults and all old enough to know better, so all of you should go home"...

So funny..

over a year ago

At first, I thought this was a thread about whether the police go dogging! I couldn't possibly comment, but my ex was in the job and certainly went to clubs.

over a year ago

a couple from the northeast were having fun in there car at 1am in the morning in the middle of nowhere and were prosecuted by two female police officers that story ended up in a national newspaper slagging the police off as they had nothing better to do that time in the morning

so beware you can get arrested

By *ornyharry39Man
over a year ago

Sheffield

I’ve met a woman and as was giving me blowjob police was jus watching from there car never said a

Thing just jus enjoyed the show I suppose it all goes on the officer at time and what mood they are in x

By *rFunBoyMan
over a year ago

Longridge

"a couple from the northeast were having fun in there car at 1am in the morning in the middle of nowhere and were prosecuted by two female police officers that story ended up in a national newspaper slagging the police off as they had nothing better to do that time in the morning

so beware you can get arrested "

You do find female police are less open minded. Male mostly see the funny side who'll tell a female to back off. I'd imagine two females would be very difficult as I have been given a hard time before now when just parked alone.

I did one time observe a female officer telling the female member if a couple that it must be fun getting all that attention from numerous guys!!

As said, no two are the same, could be a night they don't want the paperwork and depends if they are getting complaints over the site.

Someone mentioned evidence of activities in another post.. note to guys, pick ya damn condoms up and bin them ad this is most common complaints about locations.

Post new Message to Thread