Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Post coital dysphoria

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Who gets it? How do you cope? Is there something you do to stop it from happening to you?

I'm having a tough time with it right now.

Medical profession suggests that it can last up to two hours but mine is over 24 hours and showing no sign of fucking off.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I get post wank blues, is that the same thing ?

over a year ago

"I get post wank blues, is that the same thing ?"

Yeah, pretty much

By *reya73Woman
over a year ago

Whitley Bay

Ahh that's tough OP. I'm not sure what the medical theory is but I imagine it's something to do with the surge of chemicals and then the rebalance??

Or maybe its triggering something emotional that needs attention? What's your feeling around why it's hapoening and what help/would help?

over a year ago

"Ahh that's tough OP. I'm not sure what the medical theory is but I imagine it's something to do with the surge of chemicals and then the rebalance??

Or maybe its triggering something emotional that needs attention? What's your feeling around why it's hapoening and what help/would help? "

I havent had it in ages. I'm not entirely sure what triggers it (other than sex obvs) to be honest.

Just feeling rubbish.

over a year ago

Do something else that makes you feel content until it passes

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

Distract yourself with things that make you feel cosy and comforted. A warm bubble bath, some happy tunes, a good romcom on the sofa with a blanket to snuggle and some treats to munch. Sleep sleep and sleep as best you can.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

The whole act of penetrative sex is something that fucks with my head and my emotions. When being aroused makes me more aware of parts of my body that, well don't exactly disgust me, but certainly don't make me feel sexy. I like sex, I like orgasm, but the mechanics of my body make it emotionally difficult. I'm guessing that many of the trans women on here will know what I mean, and hope that some of the cis women will understand. I suspect that most of the men will have difficulty getting their heads around the concept (but kudos to those of you who do understand).

over a year ago

"The whole act of penetrative sex is something that fucks with my head and my emotions. When being aroused makes me more aware of parts of my body that, well don't exactly disgust me, but certainly don't make me feel sexy. I like sex, I like orgasm, but the mechanics of my body make it emotionally difficult. I'm guessing that many of the trans women on here will know what I mean, and hope that some of the cis women will understand. I suspect that most of the men will have difficulty getting their heads around the concept (but kudos to those of you who do understand)."
Thank you for your vulnerability.

I have experienced something similar. I had repressed memories from childhood abuse resurface about 10 years ago. During sex I would get flashbacks. It was not good for my libido or confidence. I can't sit through mass either. More flashbacks there.

It's gotten easier.

over a year ago

"Who gets it? How do you cope? Is there something you do to stop it from happening to you?

I'm having a tough time with it right now.

Medical profession suggests that it can last up to two hours but mine is over 24 hours and showing no sign of fucking off. "

It has happened to my wife in the recent past. We would usually talk and cuddle until she felt OK (not better or good, just OK enough to move about life)

She was dealing with grief and depression at the time. She held her emotions down but after sex she wouldn't be able to. They would all flow out.

She's better now and we look at it like a good phenomenon, like it's helping her deal with things.

I hope you feel better soon op

Post new Message to Thread