Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Nostalgic

Jump to newest

By *andyfloss2000 OP   Woman
over a year ago

ashford

I've collected my great nephew last 2 days from school was the same school my kids/grandkids went and worked out I walked that route twice a day for 30 years with a short break in middle as my oldest daughter is 47 and youngest daughter 22 have 6 altogether and grandkids same ages as youngest 3 ! I'm happy with life now but often yearn for the past! What makes u nostalgic? Sometimes a smell even brings a blast from past x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *TK421-Man
over a year ago

Cheltenham

A particular kind of glue (liquid cement) takes me back to the early nineties. Sat in the attic making up model kits with my small TV on watch vhs tapes of Red Dwarf......

It's really vivid...

Also should have had the window open. I must have accidentally gotten quite high at times.....

over a year ago

ashford

"A particular kind of glue (liquid cement) takes me back to the early nineties. Sat in the attic making up model kits with my small TV on watch vhs tapes of Red Dwarf......

It's really vivid...

Also should have had the window open. I must have accidentally gotten quite high at times..... "

Ha ha yes probably shd have x

By *rNaughtyNickMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

Music from certain eras get me nostalgic taking me back to good and fun times x

over a year ago

ashford

"Music from certain eras get me nostalgic taking me back to good and fun times x"

Walking back to happiness reminds me of my dad x

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Certain songs definitely. References to things that were popular when I was younger, like tamagotchis (I think that's right!). Items of clothing can as well which is weird but happens. And smells. Lemon and dove soap always make me nostalgic in a positive way.

By *he Mac LassWoman
over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

I’ve been pretty nostalgic these last few days following an anniversary. The biggest thing to stir up lovely memories is definitely music. I guess it’s why I have so many kitchen discos!

By *imbo59seMan
over a year ago

North Norfolk

If anybody remembers it, Wright's Coal Tar Soap....almost a creosote smell (and creosote itself is "evocative").

My father was the manager at the factory in Southwark that made it, many happy Saturdays when he took me to work with him.

By *arkus1812Man
over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

When I see someone driving an original Mini, my mind goes back to the early 1960s when the Mini was the car to have.

Happy days

over a year ago

ashford

"If anybody remembers it, Wright's Coal Tar Soap....almost a creosote smell (and creosote itself is "evocative").

My father was the manager at the factory in Southwark that made it, many happy Saturdays when he took me to work with him. "

They still make this I think x

Post new Message to Thread