Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Last Chris Moyles show today

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Maybe it's due to me getting older but over recent years I've really grown to detest his breakfast show on Radio One.

He's just too self centered and egotistic for me... Always boasting on how much he d*unk at the weekend blah blah blah. What does that say to the yoof that listen to him?

Anyway... Yes I'm glad he's leaving radio one but does that mean he's going to annoy us on TV even more now?

He seems to be enabled more annoying when he is on TV...

What do others think?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ilmisseCouple
over a year ago

leicestershire

I think your extremely out of touch. Simple really If you don't like it don't listen! Or if you are one of the 7 million listeners each morning then you will be sad he's leaving.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

very good,i stopped listening as soon as he started.Moyles ruined the start of the day for me and the thing is though i'm sure someone else just as monotonous fills his shoes

over a year ago

Used to listen to him back in the 90's when he had an early show and thought he was great. Listened to the breakfast show for a few years until the formula got tired and he started having Davina McCall, Jimmy and Alan Carr and Andi Peters on every bloody month. No doubt all will crop up today.

Then came his friday celebrity 'game' show. And fuck me if the above idiots didn't appear on that too!

Now somehow he's managed to get in a musical. His agent must be fucking amazing.

He'll probably end up on radio2 in a few years though.

over a year ago

"I think your extremely out of touch. Simple really If you don't like it don't listen! Or if you are one of the 7 million listeners each morning then you will be sad he's leaving. "

I'd think i'd rather be among the 54 million people who listen to something else. Or the 10 million that listen to the R2 breakfast show.

It's way past time Chris Moyles went, he's way outside his own listeners demographic! This is a man in his mid forties saying how A-MA-ZING the new N-Dubz single is.

A man in his mid forties shouldn't even know who Ndubz are!

over a year ago

"I think your extremely ou of touch. Simple really If you don't like it don't listen! Or if you are one of the 7 million listeners each morning then you will be sad he's leaving. "

I used to listen to him... As I said in my post, maybe it's an age thing.

Either way, certainly don't think he should be promoting alcohol misuse the way he does... I realise most of what he says is just banter and for effect... But again, that's an age thing.. I'm wise enough to know that... It's the young impressionable kids that won't realise that and think it's the norm to behave like he does.

By *ethany10Couple
over a year ago

falkirk

"Maybe it's due to me getting older but over recent years I've really grown to detest his breakfast show on Radio One.

He's just too self centered and egotistic for me... Always boasting on how much he d*unk at the weekend blah blah blah. What does that say to the yoof that listen to him?

Anyway... Yes I'm glad he's leaving radio one but does that mean he's going to annoy us on TV even more now?

What do others think? "

I agree mate can't stand him and never listen to him since his first show. He is Very immature In my opinion.

Steve

over a year ago

"Used to listen to him back in the 90's when he had an early show and thought he was great. Listened to the breakfast show for a few years until the formula got tired and he started having Davina McCall, Jimmy and Alan Carr and Andi Peters on every bloody month. No doubt all will crop up today.

Then came his friday celebrity 'game' show. And fuck me if the above idiots didn't appear on that too!

Now somehow he's managed to get in a musical. His agent must be fucking amazing.

He'll probably end up on radio2 in a few years though. "

NO NO NO NO NO please please don't say that , I moved to radio 2 to get away from this awful guy , like you say his agent has the golden touch.

over a year ago

Bugger. I thought this was an RIP post, alas he still breathes. Hopefully he will slip in to obscurity on a satellite TV station somewhere!

over a year ago

Is Dave Lee Travis coming back then, theres nothing like a hairy cornflake to wake up to

over a year ago

A man in his mid forties shouldn't even know who Ndubz are.

N....who

over a year ago

Yep getting older I'm afraid lol, Switch to radio 2.

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"I think your extremely out of touch. Simple really If you don't like it don't listen! Or if you are one of the 7 million listeners each morning then you will be sad he's leaving.

I'd think i'd rather be among the 54 million people who listen to something else. Or the 10 million that listen to the R2 breakfast show.

It's way past time Chris Moyles went, he's way outside his own listeners demographic! This is a man in his mid forties saying how A-MA-ZING the new N-Dubz single is.

A man in his mid forties shouldn't even know who Ndubz are!"

Oi stop picking on the 40 ers I have heard of these N durber people

By *xodussxMan
over a year ago

sheffield

It is just about radio. You listen to who you want. His last show or not that doesn't pay my bills

over a year ago

I quite like him and his humor, and agree he may come across as an arse but I don't think that's him in real life, but I don't think it's just him that makes his show, the whole team make it, they are hilarious together, but I guess everyone has different tastes. If you don't listen to him why are you do glad to hear he is leaving? Nick Grimshaw who is taking over is quite funny and I hope he keeps the morning slot a fun as it is now

By *ethany10Couple
over a year ago

falkirk

Let's get back to the real music from the 60s and 70s not this modern day crap. Rock on baby!

Steve

over a year ago

i quite like ndubz especially when the girl who looks like she's paid for it goes uh oh like 30 times in the 1st commercial song that had success......uh oh uh oh repeat until falls asleep

over a year ago

"Maybe it's due to me getting older but over recent years I've really grown to detest his breakfast show on Radio One.

What do others think? "

Only just ?

over a year ago

I just use the off button , tv or radio I don't care which I just don't like him or his shows

over a year ago

"I quite like him and his humor, and agree he may come across as an arse but I don't think that's him in real life, but I don't think it's just him that makes his show, the whole team make it, they are hilarious together, but I guess everyone has different tastes. If you don't listen to him why are you do glad to hear he is leaving? Nick Grimshaw who is taking over is quite funny and I hope he keeps the morning slot a fun as it is now"

I love the show, think the whole team are brilliant. I'm gutted, mornings just won't be the same.

over a year ago

I think radio breakfast show hosts are generally shite anyway, mid morning shows are for me a hell of a lot better.

over a year ago

"i quite like ndubz especially when the girl who looks like she's paid for it goes uh oh like 30 times in the 1st commercial song that had success......uh oh uh oh repeat until falls asleep "

She does make good home movies though!!

over a year ago

He's crap, so I.don't listen to him, neither do I watch him on tv.

over a year ago

". If you don't listen to him why are you do glad to hear he is leaving? Nick Grimshaw who is taking over is quite funny and I hope he keeps the morning slot a fun as it is now"

Im glad hes leaving cos of his antics on the show are aimed at a target audience of very impressionable young teens.

Unfortunatly we live in an age where people are inspired by what they see and hear from the media… granted, he only plays a very small part of it but Radio/TV/Mags need to be more responsible on their output where their target audience is younger folks.

I did used to listen to him, the show used to be really funny but as time went on it go more and more about him and his life. It was like the radio version of the Katie Price story… ie…. everything about the show was about him. Maybe what the audience wants now? I stopped listening to him a few years ago now…. I will sometimes switch to him if no reception on other stations but dont tend to last long and use the off button.

Anyway, just hope he doesnt get himself on TV more than he is already.

Oh… one thing I did like him on was the singing talent show thing they did… he wasnt actually too bad on that but maybe that was due to it not been about him.

Steve

over a year ago

Think Chris Moyles has taken a role in Andrew Lloyd Webbers rock arena tour of 'Jesus Christ Superstar' so will be doing that for a bit, but he is a popular celeb personality so i am sure he'll be involved in the media somehow after it finishes.

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

The man offended my ears...hence i dont listen

By *estisbest22Couple
over a year ago

cheltenham

Each to their own and all that, but we've both grown up with moyles on radio 1, and are gutted he's going! Himself and the team were awsome entertainment. Moyles is like marmite, the people that like him, love him!

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

Chris Evans rules OK

over a year ago

he was absolutely crap ,and forgot the job title .playing music

over a year ago

". If you don't listen to him why are you do glad to hear he is leaving? Nick Grimshaw who is taking over is quite funny and I hope he keeps the morning slot a fun as it is now

Im glad hes leaving cos of his antics on the show are aimed at a target audience of very impressionable young teens.

Unfortunatly we live in an age where people are inspired by what they see and hear from the media… granted, he only plays a very small part of it but Radio/TV/Mags need to be more responsible on their output where their target audience is younger folks.

I did used to listen to him, the show used to be really funny but as time went on it go more and more about him and his life. It was like the radio version of the Katie Price story… ie…. everything about the show was about him. Maybe what the audience wants now? I stopped listening to him a few years ago now…. I will sometimes switch to him if no reception on other stations but dont tend to last long and use the off button.

Anyway, just hope he doesnt get himself on TV more than he is already.

Oh… one thing I did like him on was the singing talent show thing they did… he wasnt actually too bad on that but maybe that was due to it not been about him.

Steve"

He really isn't a good role model is he. I mean raising over £10 million for comic relief??????????? Really

By *arwensReturnCouple
over a year ago

darwen

i too(dale) grew up listening to moyles from his pre breakfast days now that was funny, but like me he has grown out of the radio 1 mold, he will soon find work and would be suprised if he is not on radio 2 in the near future

i still listen to radio one thou but only certain people sara cox(just for the voice hehe) and scott mills soooo funny and love the tap end stories

By *damandeve4funCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

I can listen to whole Moyles show and not laugh once. He represents what is worst in British males - boorish, boozish, laddish and sexist.

Strangely, he seemed a much more likeable character when he guested on the evening show a couple of times and actually displayed a reasonable taste in music (in the morning, he is forced to stick to the bland playlist).

The only breakfast show ever worth listening to was Mark and Lard. Unfortunately, the masses dodm't take to their more intelligent form of humour - and Moyles stole their "Shirehourses" style parodies idea too (and wasn't anywhere as good at it)...

By *damandeve4funCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

Oh, and sadly, the guy who is taking over from Moyles, Grimmy (how apt), isn't even remotely funny and struggles to string a sentence together in proper English. It could have been worse (slightly), it could have been Scott Mills, who has the most annoying voice ever and the most unfunny sketches and routines.

I am not a BBC basher at all. Commercial radio is even worse, on the whole, and not just because of the annoying adverts.

But Radio 6 is the only one I listen to consistently (other than Radio Scotland for the football) and occasionally Radio 2 if it is Mark and Lard or Janice Long.

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"

Strangely, he seemed a much more likeable character when he guested on the evening show "

agreed

By *adgeeMan
over a year ago

Sw Scotland

Chris Moyle's is pretty unfunny, Glad he's gone to work with Andrew Lloyd-Webber. I'd rather tune into Chris Evans BBC2, given the choice.

over a year ago

".

He really isn't a good role model is he. I mean raising over £10 million for comic relief??????????? Really "

Cant deny that at all.

As someone else said though, hes very like marmite.

;-)

By *arwensReturnCouple
over a year ago

darwen

Most agree Mark and lard was really funny

over a year ago

What do others think? "

He's a prick. Radio One is the worst station in the country and his show was the worst thing on it.

The (very little) music he plays is awful and he, and his co presenters are sycophantic twats.

over a year ago

What do others think? "

im glad im not alone CM is a nasty piece of work always dissing his guests before they come on his show then sweetness and light when on and as soon as thiere back turned his starts dissing them all over

he on strictly and i would be chuffed to bit if he got bootted off first week...tosser

Now what makes you think i dont like him

over a year ago

I believe he was good though im glad he gone now, i was getting bored of him same type of jokes, just time for something new thats all, i hope he does well with what ever he has planned

over a year ago

I stopped listening about 6 years ago, got fed up of him and his 'not very funny' crew, and those long silent pauses that are meant to be funny

I think when his ego tried to take over tv, a few years ago and that fell flat on his face, he went back for solace on radio.

Really really got bored of him

By *rank_SimoneCouple
over a year ago

Bideford

Glad hes left can't stand the bloke so full of himself. The show its self is too full of chat and not enough music.

So while travelling to Hampshire every Monday morning for the last 2 1/2 years its Dev then as soon as 6.30 arrives its over to Chris Evans for the remainder of my journey.

By *noops123Man
over a year ago

yeo

Legend !

By *noops123Man
over a year ago

yeo

1 word .... Legend .

Anyone or any team who has had longest running and biggest listener base must have been doing something right !!!

Most peeps here are slagging him off havnt been listening too him for years so wont know he's been off the booze for a year and goes to the gym / running most days !!!

The whole team will be sorely missed and I personally hope they all do well in whatever they go on to do !

Grimy ..... Bye radio one !

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I think your extremely out of touch. Simple really If you don't like it don't listen! Or if you are one of the 7 million listeners each morning then you will be sad he's leaving.

A man in his mid forties shouldn't even know who Ndubz are!"

Fuck me. I know who N Dubz are....

I don't say A may zinnnnnng tho ....

over a year ago

Well i really like him xxx And so do my family and we will miss him.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Oh, and sadly, the guy who is taking over from Moyles, Grimmy (how apt), isn't even remotely funny and struggles to string a sentence together in proper English. It could have been worse (slightly), it could have been Scott Mills, who has the most annoying voice ever and the most unfunny sketches and routines.

I am not a BBC basher at all. Commercial radio is even worse, on the whole, and not just because of the annoying adverts.

But Radio 6 is the only one I listen to consistently (other than Radio Scotland for the football) and occasionally Radio 2 if it is Mark and Lard or Janice Long."

There's a Radio 6 ? since when ?

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

This thread is almost religious.

over a year ago

"I think radio breakfast show hosts are generally shite anyway, mid morning shows are for me a hell of a lot better."

Is that coz you don't crawl out of your pit until 10am?

over a year ago

"Chris Evans rules OK"

OMG Evans is even worse than Moyles ... if that could ever be achieved, most of the old R1 DJs move over to R2 BUT to move these two tossers in with the likes of STeve Wright is sacriledge

over a year ago

"Is Dave Lee Travis coming back then, theres nothing like a hairy cornflake to wake up to "

oh yessss, you can't beat a bit of hairy cornflake for brekkie, bring back all the 70s & 80s DJs, Simon Bates Noel Edmonds, Mike Reid, aaahhhh, I remember it well ....

Standing on the main staircase of the Palace of Versailles at the ripe old age of 16 with a bunch of mates screaming at the tops of our lungs .. "Mike Reid, Mike Reid 275 and 285, Mike Reid, Mike Reid national Radio One"

Them was the days ...

By *appyTrancerMan
over a year ago

Bristol

Mid forties my arse! Get yer facts right people!

As has been said before, if you don't like him, don't listen.

I used to be quite a fan, but towards the end I found myself switching over to JackFM a lot more. He just got a bit too predictable. That said, some of the things he got up to were ace. I remember recently driving to work laughing my ass off at numerous inter_iews.

Don't forget he's also done a load for charity, along with the rest of the team. You may dislike him, but you can't take that away from him.

I think he's grown older over the years (strange huh!) and isn't right for the target audience any more. I heard that the average of his listeners is 32. Not quite the 15-18 that the BBC wants!

I wish the guy luck in the future - he's entertained me for 8 years of commuting which I've (for the most part) thoroughly enjoyed.

Now please don't get me started on Scott Fucking Mills... Or Radio 4zzzzzz

HT

By *UNCHBOXMan
over a year ago

folkestone

"1 word .... Legend .

Anyone or any team who has had longest running and biggest listener base must have been doing something right !!!

Most peeps here are slagging him off havnt been listening too him for years so wont know he's been off the booze for a year and goes to the gym / running most days !!!

The whole team will be sorely missed and I personally hope they all do well in whatever they go on to do !

Grimy ..... Bye radio one !"

Your post has got to be the funniest thing ive read for quite a while on here(and i doubt you meant to be). Chris Moyles a legend?. Fuck me you need to get out more!. How is someone who is surrounded by sychophants laughing at his 'jokes' a legend?.

over a year ago

"1 word .... Legend .

With you on this mate. Quite like Grimmy but won't be in the same league I don't think. Heres hoping though.

Not quite old enough for radio 2 just yet.

Grimy ..... Bye radio one !"

Post new Message to Thread