Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

How can any woman trust the police

Jump to newest

By *mateur100 OP   Man
over a year ago

nr faversham

On question time.

Why is every police officer being damned by this one crime?

If a teacher abuses a pupil, are all teachers abusers? FFS

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *elshkinkyMan
over a year ago

south wales

"On question time.

If a teacher abuses a pupil, are all teachers abusers? FFS"

In my opinion they aren’t… and please understand the emotional issues surrounding this … it’s raw and a lot of women can relate to it… the victim could have been any woman

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Because a police officer has the ability to take you into custody and if you resist use force to restrain you. There ment to be the single line between evil and normal people. Only way I see safe is when police are arresting someone they have to be in a marked police car and radio it in. Even if an unmarked car pulls someone over they should then have to call for marked unit

By *inkyInkedBiWoman
over a year ago

Police officers are meant to protect us, who we call if in danger. Not the same as teachers really is it

By *agerMorganMan
over a year ago

Canvey Island

Would you trust an officer at 2am who is in an unmarked car, brandishing their warrant & saying you’re breaching COVID regulations whilst walking home?

That’s what Sarah did, blindly trusted.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Would you trust an officer at 2am who is in an unmarked car, brandishing their warrant & saying you’re breaching COVID regulations whilst walking home?

That’s what Sarah did, blindly trusted. "

Are you saying she shouldn't have?

over a year ago

"On question time.

Chiming in from the perspective of another country. People on average here seemed to trust the police a lot more that Americans do, before this tragic business occurred. A bit of skepticism when it comes to people with so much authority to abuse is health to have.

over a year ago

Its not just one there was last year

There was one on here as a couple turned out it was just him and the pics were off his ex wife

By *inkyInkedBiWoman
over a year ago

"Its not just one there was last year

There was one on here as a couple turned out it was just him and the pics were off his ex wife "

There was also a story in March this year of an off duty d*unk police officer who had a woman in a head lock, caught on cctv, screaming at her. He got a curfew and told to give her £500. Wtf

over a year ago

There was one on here as a couple turned out it was just him and the pics were off his ex wife

There was also a story in March this year of an off duty d*unk police officer who had a woman in a head lock, caught on cctv, screaming at her. He got a curfew and told to give her £500. Wtf "

That is wtf should have lost his job

By *uddy laneMan
over a year ago

dudley

I see the police as servants and only have the power we give them. Personally I always take the master myself and the officer servant approach when speaking to a police officer.

By *inkyInkedBiWoman
over a year ago

There was also a story in March this year of an off duty d*unk police officer who had a woman in a head lock, caught on cctv, screaming at her. He got a curfew and told to give her £500. Wtf

That is wtf should have lost his job "

When I first read it he still had his job, despite admitting the assault.

over a year ago

"I see the police as servants and only have the power we give them. Personally I always take the master myself and the officer servant approach when speaking to a police officer.

"

Strong advice to be cautious about doing this. The wrong cop having a bad day can ruin your life. Not sure how better things are here, but I’ve seen it at home and abroad.

over a year ago

"On question time.

It's a headline to attract the attention and create controversy.

Ultimately yes, women can trust police and should.

Can't judge every police officer for the action of one.

But Police as an organisation and a police officer as an individual are 2 separate matters.

Like every profession you get good and bad eggs.

However as Police Officers are considered by law to be truthful, news like what WC did to his victim becomes more shocking.

(I don't want to link the victim to this site by saying either of their names, not sure how public/private these forums are on search engines etc).

The dumb think about headlines like this, is that it will discourage victims going to the Police for help.

over a year ago

When I first read it he still had his job, despite admitting the assault. "

We should be able to trust them but they continue to show us otherwise

How can they let him keep his job after that should have been instinly fired on the spot and charged with criminal assault just like any normal person

over a year ago

It's like when anybody abuses the power of trust there is an issue.

As has been pointed out this could have been any woman. Personally if I was i Sarah's position as i have been brought up to trust the police and so far not been given reason not to, I would have got in the car but If I was now approached by a plain clothes officer I don't know what I would do.

By *onb21Woman
over a year ago

Cardiff

"On question time.

Not every police officer, only male police officers.

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

I don't fully trust police, never have done. There are bad apples (for want of a better phrase) in all walks of life.

Trust needs to be earned.

By *elshkinkyMan
over a year ago

south wales

"On question time.

Not every police officer, only male police officers."

Not all make police officers … some are disgusted as much at what has happened

By *elshkinkyMan
over a year ago

south wales

"On question time.

Not every police officer, only male police officers.

Not all make police officers … some are disgusted as much at what has happened "

Most not some

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I trust the police as whole because I understand that they aren't all predatory and I have police officers in my family. There are individual police I wouldn't trust though.

over a year ago

In every profession there are crroks and worse.

You lot recall the hideous Dr Shipman?

Recent years you've heard about nurses killing children

Recent years with the advent of cheaper cctv, covert cctv you must have heard about the several abusers that abuse the elrdly, elderly dementia

Recent years male and female child abusers in nursery's

There are bad apples everywhere but it does not make everyone a bad apple.

Those that state the young lady "trusted" this off duty officer. Up until that time how many men and women would have dared challegned a police warrant card

You got the taxi/cab trader hwere stories of wrong doings

You could be sitting next to, and/or be married to a killer, and or a child abuser but you won't know until it is caught and many never get caught.

Before I go. A firend of a friend who is no looker got a BF after a divorce - he was not after the woman but was having sex with 15 year old daughter

You can never be too careful and even your loved, trusted one could be a killer, rapist/etc - you think you go to church and be safe but history says not all of the time

over a year ago

"I trust the police as whole because I understand that they aren't all predatory and I have police officers in my family. There are individual police I wouldn't trust though.

"

I agree with this.

over a year ago

"I see the police as servants and only have the power we give them. Personally I always take the master myself and the officer servant approach when speaking to a police officer.

"

Technically the Police don't serve the public, they serve the Queen and by extention whatever Political power is in charge.

They're not public servants.

By *uddy laneMan
over a year ago

dudley

The trouble is if he got fired the chief superintendent would of been demoted or received a severe rap on the knuckles. That's why a pitiful punishment was administered.

over a year ago

Technically the Police don't serve the public, they serve the Queen and by extention whatever Political power is in charge.

"

Then why are they called a police service if they dont provide a service to the public.

over a year ago

"I trust the police as whole because I understand that they aren't all predatory and I have police officers in my family. There are individual police I wouldn't trust though.

"

Some are never caught and appear to be role models until caught for breaking the law and not even their loved ones know about it. This is just like any profession please read my previous post.

By *agerMorganMan
over a year ago

Canvey Island

"

They’re oath bound to the Queen, that’s it..

They’re not bound to any political party and is very well known that Police officers cannot legally vote.

over a year ago

No offense but members of swinging sites kill other members but we don't talk about it ...

Internet searches tho' reveals all

By *elshkinkyMan
over a year ago

south wales

They’re not bound to any political party and is very well known that Police officers cannot legally vote. "

Of course they can vote… they can’t show political bias in their job

By *agerMorganMan
over a year ago

Canvey Island

They’re not bound to any political party and is very well known that Police officers cannot legally vote.

Of course they can vote… they can’t show political bias in their job "

That’s what I’m thinking, sorry late night and brain half asleep.

over a year ago

"No offense but members of swinging sites kill other members but we don't talk about it ...

Internet searches tho' reveals all "

Excellent thread in swingers chat (Meeting alone as a woman) about that,

A fair amount of serial killers are extremely persuasive people (see: Hannibal Lector). Should always keep safety in mind, regardless of gender.

By *elshkinkyMan
over a year ago

south wales

Of course they can vote… they can’t show political bias in their job

That’s what I’m thinking, sorry late night and brain half asleep. "

over a year ago

They’re not bound to any political party and is very well known that Police officers cannot legally vote. "

Yes they can vote!

Only prisoners and non UK citizens cannot vote in the UK or anyone under 18. Members of the house of lords cannot vote in general elections but can vote in regional and mayoral elections and the Queen and Royal family can vote but normally abstain.

By *optart and AshCouple
over a year ago

Coventry

When I first read it he still had his job, despite admitting the assault. "

Actually he Resigned, A misconduct hearing took place and said he would have been dismissed and he has been banned from ever rejoining the Police

over a year ago

Then why are they called a police service if they dont provide a service to the public. "

That's because the term Police Force fell to political correctness. They are indeed Crown Agents, administered by the Home Office on behalf of the Monarchy. It's become very blurred over the years.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"

This!

Sixteen serving and former police officers have killed women, but as a whole I still consent to policing.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

[Removed by poster at 30/09/21 23:35:30]

By *itty9899Man
over a year ago

Craggy Island

DTA, DON'T TRUST ANYONE.

By *uddy laneMan
over a year ago

dudley

"

Nobody takes power or is in power political party and or politicians take office not power.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

This!

Sixteen serving and former police officers have killed women, but as a whole I still consent to policing.

"

Also

If someone was trying to break into my house who am I going to call?

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Would you trust an officer at 2am who is in an unmarked car, brandishing their warrant & saying you’re breaching COVID regulations whilst walking home?

That’s what Sarah did, blindly trusted. "

9 p.m. ...... NINE at night. She was not out at 2 a.m.

By *itzi999Woman
over a year ago

Slough

"Police officers are meant to protect us, who we call if in danger. Not the same as teachers really is it "

This!!!!

over a year ago

"Police officers are meant to protect us, who we call if in danger. Not the same as teachers really is it

This!!!! "

With such a high amount of trust required with the position (as y’all don’t enjoy our 2nd amendment), I’m honestly surprised there isn’t more scrutiny already.

By *iger4uWoman
over a year ago

In my happy place

15 others are being investigated now including those who tipped him off.

over a year ago

That’s what Sarah did, blindly trusted.

9 p.m. ...... NINE at night. She was not out at 2 a.m."

I always find it baffling that people use the time of day as an argument. I would have trusted a police officer who showed me his warrant card whether it was 2:00am or 9:00 p.m.

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

I've said for a long time that I wouldn't get out of my car if I was pulled over by a supposed plain clothes officer in an unmarked car. I'd stay still, doors locked, until a marked car and uniformed officer came. If I got into trouble for doing that, I'd take the hit. Anyone can pretend to be a plain clothes officer, ultimately. There's a car that drives round near where I play basketball. It has blue flashing lights, just like a police car, but I'm confident the police don't drive souped up VW Polos with tyres several inches too wide and a massive exhaust. Yes, I've reported it but it seems to pop up still.

None of what I've said above should be taken as critical of the fact Sarah seemed to stop for the person claiming to be the police, I'm just sharing my view that for a very long time, I've been uncomfortable with the idea of plain clothes/car officers stopping people. It's not just a recent feeling and I know Mr KC agrees with my point of view.

over a year ago

North West

"15 others are being investigated now including those who tipped him off. "

Good! They should be brought to book too.

over a year ago

"15 others are being investigated now including those who tipped him off.

Good! They should be brought to book too."

Plus all uk wide forces should review all complaints made and sction taken

over a year ago

North West

Plus all uk wide forces should review all complaints made and sction taken "

Also agreed

over a year ago

Plus all uk wide forces should review all complaints made and sction taken "

Totally agree.

By *uriousscouserWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

Back in the summer a Merseyside Police officer was found to have abused his power when he battered a non-violent man in his home.

He was with three colleagues who covered up his crimes, turned their bodycams off and helped to frame the victim for assaulting a police officer.

Thankfully all four lost their jobs. The violent policeman got 19 months in jail, the two who turned bodycams off got 15 months for perverting the course of justice, the other one got 9 months suspended for 18 months.

A couple of years ago Michael McMillan was sacked as detective constable within Merseyside Police's Family Crime Investigation Unit after preying on vulnerable women (mostly DV survivors), sexting and having sex with some of them, recommending cases were dropped if the woman wouldn't send him nudes.

He was eventually jailed for 4 years.

Or how about PC Ben Murphy, who would threaten to issue traffic tickets but offer to let the offender off on a less serious offence if they gave him their phone numbers so he could sext them and send them dick pics.

Or maybe Sergeant David Gibson, who was jailed for misconduct after demanding a blowjob from a sex worker in exchange for not arresting her.

I'm not anti-police, I have family in the police force and I have a lot of respect for them.

The fact is that being a police officer gives you power over the general public. If you're someone who is drawn to abusing power then it's an absolute wet dream of a job for you. Thankfully the majority aren't drawn to abusing power.

If these are the police officers being caught abusing their power there will be a far larger issue going unreported. It suggests a need for better screening and psychological evaluation, as well as breaking the culture of silence within the force.

Do I trust the police? Yes, to a point. They're clearly not infallible, but I think the majority are decent people trying to do a horribly difficult job.

over a year ago

"On question time.

No I think it’s the fact that a blind eye has sometimes been turned, in the past with - towards abuse of power ! and it worries people

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

" I'm not anti-police, I have family in the police force and I have a lot of respect for them.

The fact is that being a police officer gives you power over the general public. If you're someone who is drawn to abusing power then it's an absolute wet dream of a job for you. Thankfully the majority aren't drawn to abusing power.

If these are the police officers being caught abusing their power there will be a far larger issue going unreported. It suggests a need for better screening and psychological evaluation, as well as breaking the culture of silence within the force.

Do I trust the police? Yes, to a point. They're clearly not infallible, but I think the majority are decent people trying to do a horribly difficult job."

A few really good comments made here and for the main I would feel the same regarding our police force. I’ve always been cautious in their presence. They can and do abuse their powers, how many police officers are members here and are quite haapy to exert themselves as dominant types, in some cases happy to post pics of them in uniform etc

I never would before this incident and certainly not now, allow a lone police officer to get anywhere near me without them first radioing confirmation they are legitimately working and back up if I was to be arrested.

Years ago I lived next door to a couple where the husband was a PO. He used to knock seven bells out of her but what use would it have been to call his own who would cover it up and she would have paid a higher price. I let her know I was aware of the abuse ….

It’s an insular organisation, that will always protect its own ranks

over a year ago

"On question time.

Same goes. When people have had a bad experience could well have been their own doing in some cases of any nature. Ie. Road rage,swearing, bully trouble makeing!!

The whole race culture,religion gets demonised and flogged nationaly/internationaly. As we are well custom to.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

You are perfectly within your rights to request a female officer to be present for your arrest, hopefully that would alleviate some fears of a lone male PO trying to detain you, but in the heat of the moment the confusion and fear of being arrested can simply overwhelm people and this is how they can get abused. We need stricter psych evaluations and ways to break the false camaraderie within these types of organisations (military is another one)

over a year ago

"You are perfectly within your rights to request a female officer to be present for your arrest, hopefully that would alleviate some fears of a lone male PO trying to detain you, but in the heat of the moment the confusion and fear of being arrested can simply overwhelm people and this is how they can get abused. We need stricter psych evaluations and ways to break the false camaraderie within these types of organisations (military is another one)"

No you're not. There is no right to choose the gender of the officer who arrests you. If it is a planned arrest of a woman then they usually try to have a woman present, but it's not a requirement. For spontaneous arrests you get whoever turns up, although they may call in a female officer to assist or search, if they can get one.

False/misguided camaraderie is an issue in any large organisation or close knit team. It takes a lot of evidence to break it.

over a year ago

It’s The Home Secretary shifting blame

It’s Cressida Dick shifting the blame

These murderers are individuals within huge organisations numbering hundreds of thousands

Think about it, these officers are just people doing a job, your children, brothers, sisters and parents

Blame culture, fired up by The Press and Politicians

over a year ago

"I've said for a long time that I wouldn't get out of my car if I was pulled over by a supposed plain clothes officer in an unmarked car. I'd stay still, doors locked, until a marked car and uniformed officer came. If I got into trouble for doing that, I'd take the hit. Anyone can pretend to be a plain clothes officer, ultimately. There's a car that drives round near where I play basketball. It has blue flashing lights, just like a police car, but I'm confident the police don't drive souped up VW Polos with tyres several inches too wide and a massive exhaust. Yes, I've reported it but it seems to pop up still.

None of what I've said above should be taken as critical of the fact Sarah seemed to stop for the person claiming to be the police, I'm just sharing my view that for a very long time, I've been uncomfortable with the idea of plain clothes/car officers stopping people. It's not just a recent feeling and I know Mr KC agrees with my point of view. "

You are quite right

The states it’s a Police Officer in uniform

You would be quite within your rights and no officer would criticise you

over a year ago

"Back in the summer a Merseyside Police officer was found to have abused his power when he battered a non-violent man in his home.

He was with three colleagues who covered up his crimes, turned their bodycams off and helped to frame the victim for assaulting a police officer.

Thankfully all four lost their jobs. The violent policeman got 19 months in jail, the two who turned bodycams off got 15 months for perverting the course of justice, the other one got 9 months suspended for 18 months.

A couple of years ago Michael McMillan was sacked as detective constable within Merseyside Police's Family Crime Investigation Unit after preying on vulnerable women (mostly DV survivors), sexting and having sex with some of them, recommending cases were dropped if the woman wouldn't send him nudes.

He was eventually jailed for 4 years.

Or how about PC Ben Murphy, who would threaten to issue traffic tickets but offer to let the offender off on a less serious offence if they gave him their phone numbers so he could sext them and send them dick pics.

Or maybe Sergeant David Gibson, who was jailed for misconduct after demanding a blowjob from a sex worker in exchange for not arresting her.

I'm not anti-police, I have family in the police force and I have a lot of respect for them.

Do I trust the police? Yes, to a point. They're clearly not infallible, but I think the majority are decent people trying to do a horribly difficult job."

I agree with you

I have family in the police

The stories I hear

Wouldn’t do that job for a gold farm animal

By *uckandbunnyCouple
over a year ago

In your bed

"On question time.

They are not.

It is understandable that any woman (or man) stopped by someone claiming to be a plain clothes police officer would be concerned.

You also can't ignore that some evil people who are not police would try to copy this approach.

Therefore the police have rightly given the public advice on how to identify a genuine plain clothes police officer going about their business who appears to be alone.

It is not about uniformed officers. Its about the rare occasion when an off duty officer or plain clothes officer acts alone.

The police have said it is reasonable to ask

Where are your colleagues

Why am I being arrested

Now it maybe that a off duty officer has had to act. If that is then case that off duty officer should be able to let that person being arrested call 999 to give themselves the reassurance that this is all genuine and there is a trail of accountability.

There is nothing to suggest that this would be a common experience and nothing to suggest that most people should not comply as normal with uniformed officers.

By *.D.I.D.A.SMan
over a year ago

London/Essex... ish... Romford to be exact

It is hard to trust the police on any level if they were to be institutionally misogynistic/racist/corrupt. Is it a case of the odd bad apple or does it go deeper?

By *oncupiscent_dreamMan
over a year ago

City

Because teacher can't put cuffs on you or corner you on your own at night in town.

It's also easily fixed. "Mam I'm going to have to ask you to wait here while other officers arrive" and have a female officer dispatched. If they try arrest you on their own you should be allowed resist.

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Not every police man is being damned at all

Before he was a copper he is human being

He planned what he did

Just a ghastly person

Aggressive manipulative and sly

By *uckandbunnyCouple
over a year ago

In your bed

"It is hard to trust the police on any level if they were to be institutionally misogynistic/racist/corrupt. Is it a case of the odd bad apple or does it go deeper? "

Its the odd bad apple.

Which does not mean were a risk is identified ways to reduce that risk should not be given to the public.

If I was to join the police tomorrow it would not automatically make me racist or misogynistic.

They are traits that individuals have, the organisation is complicit if they don't act on those behaviours.

You can't attribute a behaviour to someone because of someone's profession.

But you can identify risks associated with that profession.

This case has done just that and the public have now been advised of how to mitigate that risk.

This is similar to when vocations like clergy were identified as risks for harbouring child abusers.

Now the advice is that child should not be left 1 on 1 with anyone (clergy, teacher) a sensible precaution to a known risk.

By *oan of DArcCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"

That might be an approach that has unpleasant consequences if you're a young, working class male in the larger metropolitan areas.

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

"Because teacher can't put cuffs on you or corner you on your own at night in town.

It's also easily fixed. "Mam I'm going to have to ask you to wait here while other officers arrive" and have a female officer dispatched. If they try arrest you on their own you should be allowed resist. "

You're perfectly within your rights to have police accompany you to the nearest police station...I was once pulled over on an unlit country road late at night. I locked the doors and wound my window down a crack to find out why I had been pulled. Apparently just a routine check and he asked me to step out of my car. I politely but firmly told him that I wasn't prepared to do so, but that I was more than happy for him to follow me to the nearest police station, where I'd be happy to get out of my car and continue the conversation. He didn't argue, just asked if I knew where it was, went back to his car and followed me.

Slightly different to being alone on foot, but if I felt the need in that situation then I'd ring 101 and have the local police station on the phone while I spoke to them...if they're stopping you legitimately then it shouldn't be a problem.

over a year ago

"You are perfectly within your rights to request a female officer to be present for your arrest, hopefully that would alleviate some fears of a lone male PO trying to detain you, but in the heat of the moment the confusion and fear of being arrested can simply overwhelm people and this is how they can get abused. We need stricter psych evaluations and ways to break the false camaraderie within these types of organisations (military is another one)

No you're not. There is no right to choose the gender of the officer who arrests you. If it is a planned arrest of a woman then they usually try to have a woman present, but it's not a requirement. For spontaneous arrests you get whoever turns up, although they may call in a female officer to assist or search, if they can get one.

False/misguided camaraderie is an issue in any large organisation or close knit team. It takes a lot of evidence to break it."

She's absolutely right that you are allowed to request a female officer it doesn't mean they will get one but you can all so ask for them to send another officer so you are not alone with heir male officer. You can say it's not true but a police officer was on the radio today who said that.

over a year ago

I think at the moment you would assume most lone male offices would understand concerns of women and hope they would act accordingly and appropriately especially if not in uniform.

over a year ago

A guy from Northern Ireland on fab, posted a comment whicj is correct in that the met needs disbanding like the RUC ...

The met is deeply compromised by misogynistic, racist attitudes and needs disbanded and rebuilt.

There's lots of examples of police officers with gross acts of misconduct and closing ranks

over a year ago

Good job he wasn't an undercover cop....they can do pretty much what they want, with immunity.

I don't know how women feel (nobody does except women), but I trust nobody and especially not police.

over a year ago

"You are perfectly within your rights to request a female officer to be present for your arrest, hopefully that would alleviate some fears of a lone male PO trying to detain you, but in the heat of the moment the confusion and fear of being arrested can simply overwhelm people and this is how they can get abused. We need stricter psych evaluations and ways to break the false camaraderie within these types of organisations (military is another one)

False/misguided camaraderie is an issue in any large organisation or close knit team. It takes a lot of evidence to break it.

She's absolutely right that you are allowed to request a female officer it doesn't mean they will get one but you can all so ask for them to send another officer so you are not alone with heir male officer. You can say it's not true but a police officer was on the radio today who said that. "

You can ask for fluffy kittens and a limousine to take you into custody, but you are unlikely to get it. There will no doubt be some hang-wringing missives and new instructions going out to officers on the ground, but the realities are far different. Planned arrests are usually made by more than one officer anyway. Spontaneous arrests are governed by circumstances which might dictate that it is unsafe and impractical to stand around whilst the suspect makes a phone call to verify they are being lawfully arrested. There are all sorts of stupid and unrealistic comments coming out of senior police officers and politicians at the minute, because it is a genuine concern with no real solution. Maybe solo arrests by plain clothes officers will be stopped, although it's easy enough to fake a police uniform these days?

More relevant is prevention, but again, vetting officers effectively is virtually impossible beyond what is already done. More robust procedures to root out bad apples within would be great but that's a culture shift. Both male and female officers tend to cover for their colleagues, and it's only when the actions of the individual become intolerable to the group that anything gets done. Often by then, it's too late.

By *mateur100 OP   Man
over a year ago

nr faversham

We've now had teachers abusing pupils... anyone calling for a ban on teachers?

An NHS electrician has been filming himself involved in necrophilia... any call for a review of NHS staff or sparkys?

No, so let's leave the police force alone and deal with the individual

over a year ago

"On question time.

It's a headline to attract the attention and create controversy.

Ultimately yes, women can trust police and should.

Can't judge every police officer for the action of one.

But Police as an organisation and a police officer as an individual are 2 separate matters.

Like every profession you get good and bad eggs.

However as Police Officers are considered by law to be truthful, news like what WC did to his victim becomes more shocking.

(I don't want to link the victim to this site by saying either of their names, not sure how public/private these forums are on search engines etc).

The dumb think about headlines like this, is that it will discourage victims going to the Police for help. "

Correctamundo!!

By *uckslut and MCouple
over a year ago

Poole

I had an "historic" case they were investigating year before last. We're talking happed over 25 years before. So Christmas eve, yes Christmas f-ing eve they phoned me to say, "we do belive you, but theres not enough eveidance to take it forward". So case is bei g dropped.

I turned round and had a massive go at the officer. Telling them its historic, I did'nt need to know on Christmas eve! Do the next person a favour, and think about being human. Leaving it another week would have made no differance, and let the person enjoy Christmas. Merry F-ing Christmas and I hung up. Surprised I didn't get done for verble assult!

No I don't trust them. - fem.

over a year ago

The police are all scum it's not just woman who don't trust them.

By *itty9899Man
over a year ago

Craggy Island

"On question time.

With great power comes great responsibility.

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Probably because the power dynamic between police and citizen is unlike any other. The police say jump, we are meant to say how high. When a situation like this happens it puts doubt in peoples mind about how much they can trust the police.

If the police came up to me out of the blue and started arresting me, what am I meant to do? Resist and face further charges? Comply and find myself in the same situation this woman did?

Power dynamics are tricky because they come with a level of trust and respect that is needed for them to work properly. If either side don’t give that or abuse that the outcomes can be awful

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"The police are all scum it's not just woman who don't trust them. "

What a ridiculous comment

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Its automatic to trust them I think! Thinking back to last november I was cycling to work along an empty road at 3 30 am a police car pulled me over with flashing lights and asked if I was jacky I said yes and they asked surname I told them it was different to who they were looking for but I had to prove it with my identity they were looking for a missing person I fitted the description! I felt very vulnerable at the time but tbf they were in a marked car x

over a year ago

"The police are all scum it's not just woman who don't trust them. "

What personal experience do you base that on?

over a year ago

I have a friend who knew a police officer who spent 30 years protecting not only women but any person who needed help irrespective of gender, race, religion,politics, social standing et al…even sectors of community who didn’t like him because he was a police officer.

By *adyJayneWoman
over a year ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

"

And you're a man. You realise there is no way a woman would feel able to do that...

By *arneySolomonMan
over a year ago

poole

Here here.

Sheep hate the sheepdog, until the wolves arrive. Bet the first thing you do if you’re robbed/assaulted etc is phone the police for help.

By *aliceWoman
over a year ago

Birmingham

Theres a marked diferrence between rhe integrity of individual officers and the institution, the latter being tainted as institutionally misogynistic, racist and corrupt, as evidenced by every independent review and enquiry. When you factor in the appalling outcomes in fhe criminal justice system for women who have been victims of sexual harrasment and assault and the conduct of officers in this regard its no wonder that many women don't have confidence in the police.

over a year ago

And you're a man. You realise there is no way a woman would feel able to do that..."

Are you saying women are incapable of this? Kind of suggests that they shouldn't be judges, politicians,senior police officers etc etc if they can't manage to approach a person aware of their own authority.

I suspect your view of what women can and can't do isn't shared by all women.

Mr

Post new Message to Thread