Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Relationship - passion gone :o(

Jump to newest

By *apperMystique OP   Man
over a year ago

east Glasgow

What is there to do when you still have a healthy sex drive but your other half’s is dead and regardless of what you try there is no response???? Married, still in love, but missing sex. Am I resigned to masterbation for the rest of my life.. we once had an amazing sex life and enjoyed fab together then out of the blue … nothing. It’s been about 4 years now… do I Divorce due to lack of sex when everything else is good?? Cheat and enjoy sex? Knowing my other half won’t be that upset if found out (as they did the same in the past) Or just resign myself to sex was good but it’s finished for me even although I’ve lots more to give ??? answers on a post card … thanks for any input

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

Or ... rebellious thought here... talk to her about it rather than go behind her back?

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

Well you've been here for 6 years... So are you playing with permission?

Maybe a conversation would be a good start.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

If she won't be upset if you get sex elsewhere could you come to an agreement with her? Or is it the intimacy that comes with sex in a long relationship that you crave?

By *ollydoesWoman
over a year ago

Shangri-La

you can accom? Does she not realise when the ladies pop round?

By *obbychickWoman
over a year ago

Essex

"you can accom? Does she not realise when the ladies pop round?"

Some say accommodate but with that, I think they mean hotels.

By *sBlueWoman
over a year ago

Up North

Maybe she is going through the menopause which can affect sex drive etc

By *ookie doughMan
over a year ago

leic

While it's never justified to cheat, it's also not acceptable for one person to expect the other to accept a sexless relationship if that person still desire it. Seems very black and white when written down like this but I've been in the very same situation and after many months of trying to talk things through, it was best for us to end out marrage

By *exy4youxxWoman
over a year ago

Pontefract

" What is there to do when you still have a healthy sex drive but your other half’s is dead and regardless of what you try there is no response???? Married, still in love, but missing sex. Am I resigned to masterbation for the rest of my life.. we once had an amazing sex life and enjoyed fab together then out of the blue … nothing. It’s been about 4 years now… do I Divorce due to lack of sex when everything else is good?? Cheat and enjoy sex? Knowing my other half won’t be that upset if found out (as they did the same in the past) Or just resign myself to sex was good but it’s finished for me even although I’ve lots more to give ??? answers on a post card … thanks for any input "

You have 2 verifications on a single guys profile so I think your already cheating

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I cheated now I live on my own in a sexless life so best stick with it dude at least you have someone to cuddle with and chat to . Worst thing I ever did . The grass isn't greener

over a year ago

Young buck here with some advice: Talk to your wife.

It’s REALLY easy to go have sex with people, in the UK and mainland Europe. Connections are much harder to build and need to be maintaining like a good bike.

If your wife is against communication, I’d reach out for counseling and then maybe divorce. Having witnessed a few military divorces, divorce counseling is also a thing and should be utilized.

By *onb21Woman
over a year ago

Cardiff

I think that daily routine and especially arguments kill sex drives. Make yourself exciting and attractive to her and it may come back.

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

A town near you perhaps

Explain to her that you can't live your life without sex, and how it's making you feel. If she really loves you she will listen and try to reach some sort of compromise. It isn't fair that she expects you to give up sex just because she doesn't want sex anymore. It also definitely isn't fair to cheat on her either though.

Talk about it and I hope you find a solution that you both can live with happily.

Good luck.

By *929Man
over a year ago

newcastle

I take it you have discussed it with her to no resolve?

Similar situation myself she has complications from hysterectomy has twice told me to do what I like as she don’t expect me to go without but difficult deciding what to do hard to put in practice without feeling like making mockery of family ect I don’t know

Interested to hear how you get on sorry can’t be offer any advice

over a year ago

clearly she is not happy unless she has a medical condition.

I've noted over the years that when people lose interest in their OH and/or cheating, the sex drive is the first to go

By *ollydoesWoman
over a year ago

Shangri-La

"you can accom? Does she not realise when the ladies pop round?

Some say accommodate but with that, I think they mean hotels."

I didn't realise that was a thing lol say can accommodate meaning hotel. Just assumed be can't accom and maybe mention in comments. Good swerve tho

By *apperMystique OP   Man
over a year ago

east Glasgow

Hi all and thanks for you comments and thoughts on this I didn’t do a good job of articulating my quandary I’ll try rewriting another ther time but thanks again

Post new Message to Thread