Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

P&O brittania cruise ship

Jump to newest

By *ittle_brat_evie!! OP   Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Anyone been on it?

Got any top tips for me? First ever cruise in November. I'm so excited.

How dressy do I have to dress for dinner? Do I need an evening gown?

Must do activities etc.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Give the Captain a sloppy bj on the first night, all should be good after that

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Seriously though, I've never been on one. Where are you going?

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

Not been on that specific ship but have been on a Fred Olsen cruise.

The evening wear is usually evening dress - lots of shimmer/sparkle (usually) for ladies.

Dinner jacket or suits for men.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

3pm cocktail at the back of the boat, can’t go wrong!

over a year ago

I've been on P&O Arcadia and "rules" will be the same. They will have formal evenings on selected days where dinner jackets and evening dresses required if eating in the restaurant or going to the certain bars, the buffet restaurant isn't usually formal so you can skip it if you want but part of the experience of a cruise is to dress up.

By *ougie321Man
over a year ago

Milford Haven

"I've been on P&O Arcadia and "rules" will be the same. They will have formal evenings on selected days where dinner jackets and evening dresses required if eating in the restaurant or going to the certain bars, the buffet restaurant isn't usually formal so you can skip it if you want but part of the experience of a cruise is to dress up."

All of the above, I have been on oceana 3 times (sold 2020) my favourite and many a night in the crows nest. Victoria (sold 2001 I think) small old fashioned ship 2nd fav. Been on Aurora and Ventura. Cancelled Iona twice (Covid) booked for next year. Totally agree with the op on the dressing up especially on the photos (something to look back on). Enjoy your journey.

over a year ago

I cruised on Britannia 5 years ago. The Indian Resturant was very good, and, beleive it or not, There’s a decent pub crawl to be had as well

As for evening wear, smart casual mostly, but there will be black tie evening’s so ball gowns will be required if you’d like to attend

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

My friend got to sit with the Captain at dinner one evening on her cruise.

By *iger4uWoman
over a year ago

In my happy place

Op.. Trip advisor has a cruise section to look at. Plus the co own website

over a year ago

Always dress for dinner.

Steer clear of the oysters.

The outdoor pool is warmer than the indoor.

By *estendboy121Man
over a year ago

south lakes

P&O were doing 2 formal evenings per 7 night cruise (so 4 on a 14 night cruise), where there are black tie / gown requirements, though this is watered down somewhat so could be jacket / dress

On all other evenings, as noted earlier, its smart casual, which could be chinos and a collared polo shirt for guys, equivalent for the Maisie’s, be that a dress, skirt, or trousers but all very much informal with P&O

The online P&O cruise planner and FAQs or customer services by phone are really useful

By *xhib12Man
over a year ago

Blyth

"Anyone been on it?

Got any top tips for me? First ever cruise in November. I'm so excited.

How dressy do I have to dress for dinner? Do I need an evening gown?

Must do activities etc. "

We were on it in 2017 and going back on it in November too.

As others have said most of the time it's smart casual and then properly glam up for the gala nights. However, you don't have to dress up, thete are places to eat where you can be as casual as you want.

Don't stick to the main dining rooms every night, pay the small supplements and enjoy the speciality restaurants.

As soon as you get onboard download the onboard app and get familiar with it. You'll use this to book restaurants, etc so make your bookings asap to ensure you get what you want. You need to log on to the ship's wifi to get thexapo but don't worry, it's free. If you need access to social media, etc then you'll need to buy a wifi package. From memory you can either pay by the day, week or cruise duration. Personally I wouldn't bother as it's normally painfully slow. If you do need wifi go ashore, most bars & cafes near the ports offer free wifi.

If you have any questions feel free to pm me.

Post new Message to Thread