Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Near me app

Jump to newest

By *33dfulthings OP   Man
over a year ago

london

How's the users nearby app treating everyone else. I am still getting single males plastered on my screen. Surely it should locate the couples or single females only as that is in my profile preferences. If there is no one local it should still only come up with preferences whether 1 or 60 miles away?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I think you need to be a site supporter for that to work x

over a year ago

london

I thought I support the site by being on it

Yeah I thought that might be the case but as us non site supporters we only get ten profiles so surly it's not to much to ask for those few to be in our preference range.

As a silver supporter yourself, what benefits do you get? As my profile would not change if I upgraded so am not sure this would benefit me or increase my meets!? x

over a year ago

Come on its only £5 for 60 days !

over a year ago

london

That is true, so what does this exclusive feature hold?

By *uckscouple2007Couple
over a year ago

Bucks

"That is true, so what does this exclusive feature hold? "

There is a link on the home page

over a year ago

I think it works a treat, you know exactly who is online and near you, that meets your profile

But, there was one couple that kept popping up as being less than a mile away, even though their profile shows them as being about 50 miles from me....

Apparently Hubby is working in town on a contract

So remember to Turn it Off unless you're up for some lunchtime fun

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

Don't forget that it can be because they are not currently at home.

My profile says Jersey, I'll change it back to Sheffield shortly, but if I switched on my location I'd show as Merseyside then Manchester as I'm travelling home.

over a year ago

ive only used it once, just to see how it works, i was amazed to see how many people was within a mile of me

its not something i would ever use as when im out and about im not really scanning for a shag 24/7 but i had to have a nose, when i logged on i got 5 messages almost straight away asking if i wanted to meet now as i was showing as being within a mile of them i was actually sat in tesco cafe having a cuppa so...ermmm no lol

over a year ago

If mine wud show me people near me it wud help but as I'm in northern ireland and its shows manchester I find it rubbish lol

over a year ago

"ive only used it once, just to see how it works, i was amazed to see how many people was within a mile of me

its not something i would ever use as when im out and about im not really scanning for a shag 24/7 but i had to have a nose, when i logged on i got 5 messages almost straight away asking if i wanted to meet now as i was showing as being within a mile of them i was actually sat in tesco cafe having a cuppa so...ermmm no lol"

lol u mean no knee tremblers while ur picking up ur cucumbers?

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Paying a fiver won't increase your meets

It will however give you access to more site functions,how you use them is up to you

over a year ago

"ive only used it once, just to see how it works, i was amazed to see how many people was within a mile of me

its not something i would ever use as when im out and about im not really scanning for a shag 24/7 but i had to have a nose, when i logged on i got 5 messages almost straight away asking if i wanted to meet now as i was showing as being within a mile of them i was actually sat in tesco cafe having a cuppa so...ermmm no lol"

That pretty much sums up why I wouldn't want to use it. Just think if someone local got your details and decided to make your life unpleasant. I have a tongue in my head and if I want to tell people where I am I can tell them.

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

"ive only used it once, just to see how it works, i was amazed to see how many people was within a mile of me "

Agrees!

We turned it on the other evening, just to see how it worked and be nosey. Got a bit of a shock to see how many it was showing.

over a year ago

I'd have thought it would be the easiest thing to change your location if you are working/holidaying in another town?

Why would anybody have say, london, as their location, when or if they are in say, glasgow, 5 days a week!!

Surely it would make it easier to get a meet that way?

Post new Message to Thread