Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

This Saturday - tour of Britain

Jump to newest

By *reenonions OP   Man
over a year ago

Nr Exeter

I am so looking forward to this Saturday!!

Going up onto Dartmoor and then to Dartmouth to watch the bike race.

I have 2 autographs to get, Wiggs and Sanchez - it's going to be a top day out, even if it rains!!!

Anyone going to cheer them on??

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I am so looking forward to this Saturday!!

Going up onto Dartmoor and then to Dartmouth to watch the bike race.

I have 2 autographs to get, Wiggs and Sanchez - it's going to be a top day out, even if it rains!!!

Anyone going to cheer them on??"

they going through Okehampton ?

over a year ago

Living not too far from where they are finishing stage 7 they pretty much cycle past my flat so will be down town with the crowds cheering wiggins n cavendish on...

By *andyguy59Man
over a year ago

Gatwick

Coming to Reigate and Guildford sunday not far from me...woo hoo

Makes a change to have some of the top UK cyclists in the Tour of Britain..normally our performers are racing elsewhere in 'higher class' events.

over a year ago

Wiggins has pulled out with a stomach bug

By *gentprovocateurWoman
over a year ago

leeds

if thats saturday what are we doing sundae?

By *ucky_LadsCouple (MM)
over a year ago

Kidderminster+ surrounding areas.

the last "big dig" before the world championships start in limburg holland next weekend,hope wiggo gets over the stomach bug in time to ride the road race,he is not riding the time tial this year it's dowsett & froome for GB in the time trial.

over a year ago

According to the bbc he will still be racing in that event.

over a year ago

I'm off on my own cycling tour of britain...which I'm sure will be much more fun..thou about 200 times slower than mr wiggins and crew

By *reenonions OP   Man
over a year ago

Nr Exeter

What a great stage it was - no wiggo but the last 10 miles from kingsbridge across slapton really was the best.

To see Sammy Sanchez leadout the stage win shows he is recovering - hes got to be GC material in next years major tours.

Didn't Devon sparkle - easily the most stunning views on this years tour.

Awesome.

over a year ago

muppet here decided to pitch up half way down a massively steep hill so they flew passed at must have been 50mph. Resulting in no photo's or perve over Cavendish lol

I watched the highlights on itv4 last night and loved all the areil views of the local area. I love where i live

Dartmouth came out in force and so did everyone else by the views from the moors.. proud to be a Devon lassie

By *obsrocketMan
over a year ago

Loughborough

I went to see the TOB on thursday as it went around Stoke must say it was fun with lots of lady cyclist spectators in tight lycra

By *ucky_LadsCouple (MM)
over a year ago

"According to the bbc he will still be racing in that event."

yes i did see his name is still on the british cycling homepage list of starters so i guessed he was just going to rest up,sky had blown chances of GC glory so saving himself for next week.

jonathan tiernan locke is riding a terrific race though and i hope he can do a good ride next week in the worlds as it should suit his style being a lumpy course,he could earn himself a good contract with a big team for next season.

By *ucky_LadsCouple (MM)
over a year ago

"muppet here decided to pitch up half way down a massively steep hill so they flew passed at must have been 50mph. Resulting in no photo's or perve over Cavendish lol

"

poor you sassy!, should have been on the other side of the hill to get the close ups as they are slower about to crest the hill but they would not be smiling!,i've tried those devon hills on my bike!.

By *reenonions OP   Man
over a year ago

Nr Exeter

Lol....

There's only one real hill in devon, I think it's somerset - only just though.

It's called porlock hill and at 25% you need 38/28 at very least or you're walking it.

By *ucky_LadsCouple (MM)
over a year ago

"Lol....

There's only one real hill in devon, I think it's somerset - only just though.

It's called porlock hill and at 25% you need 38/28 at very least or you're walking it.

"

they used to send the amateur tour of britain (the milk race)up porlock hill i seem to recall?,didnt do colin lewis,les west or arthur metcalfe any harm as when they tured pro they went on to ride the tour de france a few years after ntour of britain wins.

By *andyguy59Man
over a year ago

Gatwick

Managed to spot Cav yesterday as the peloton flew past our local co-op. Alot of disappointed people waiting there though....they didn't seem to realise all the riders would fly past us in less than 15 seconds... Impressive number of police motorbikes never seen so many in one go.....

By *ucky_LadsCouple (MM)
over a year ago

"Managed to spot Cav yesterday as the peloton flew past our local co-op. Alot of disappointed people waiting there though....they didn't seem to realise all the riders would fly past us in less than 15 seconds... Impressive number of police motorbikes never seen so many in one go....."

one of the good things about the old kelloggs city centre criterium series was that big crowds could see the race at close quarters on either a 1 kilometre-or on a 1 mile per lap circuit where they could see the stars many times at close quarters.

they brought famous continetal tour de france pros over and our domestic pros put up some good shows on home ground!,there were big crowds and it was televised on channel 4,i remember seeing TDF stars sean kelly,phil anderson and many others in birmingham,but there is no substitute for a proper road race!.

Post new Message to Thread