Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Drokk! Geek alert

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Saw Dredd last night. Cannot recommend it enough if you're a fan of the books.

Totally makes up for the Stallone embarrassment a few years ago.

The feel of Mega city was kind of like the worst of our current cities. Karl Urban maintains the grimace throughout. Not even a smirk.

There's 3d gore aplenty, and the drug induced slo-mo scenes are in vivid colour which was a good effect.

Story obviously a bit predictable but didn't go expecting Jane Austen anyway.

My rating- 5 stillettos!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

To be honest, when I saw the stills from the movie, I wasn't entirely convinced about how well Karl Urban would carry it. Changed my mind however, when I saw the poster, as the look was spot-on- even without the eagle shoulder-pads. It's good enough to erase the memory of the Stallone effort though?

I'm there

By *he Original TTMan
over a year ago

Brackley, Northants

"To be honest, when I saw the stills from the movie, I wasn't entirely convinced about how well Karl Urban would carry it. Changed my mind however, when I saw the poster, as the look was spot-on- even without the eagle shoulder-pads. It's good enough to erase the memory of the Stallone effort though?

I'm there "

No eagle shoulder pads!!! That's not Dredd enough then! Used to get 2000AD just for the Dredd stories! Long time ago now though...!

over a year ago

Ohhhh, Judge Dredd and 2000Ad.....that brings back memories. The Stallone film was sheer affrontry to the very name, and am looking forward to going to see this (on my own) next week.

Wonder if Dreddy liked a bit of wearing under that uniform???

over a year ago

As you can imagine from my user name, I'm a complete 200AD fanboy (I still have issue 1 in a ziplock bag in the spare bedroom) so I am a bit giddy to say the least about Dredd. Hoping to see it on Tuesday nite! Zarjaz!

Post new Message to Thread