Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Omaze?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Has anyone ever entered to win anything? The Devon House looks amazing but I have never been tempted to buy a ticket. Also the Omaze woman's voice is so annoying!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

It seems like a great prize but I haven't been tempted to buy a ticket. I keep thinking how it must have cost in advertising and how much the house and car cost before any money goes to the charity but I'm sure they know what they're doing.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Looks tempting but then I think of all that gardening and stuff and I'm just like I got no time for that

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

Is that one where you can win a house? I haven't seen it.

There was one like that a couple of years ago. They didn't raise enough money from ticket sales so they withdrew it when the draw came along. They used the money raised as a smaller cash prize, which they had allowed for in the Ts & Cs. It was a bit of a damp squib. I'm skeptical of all such competitions now.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Is that one where you can win a house? I haven't seen it.

There was one like that a couple of years ago. They didn't raise enough money from ticket sales so they withdrew it when the draw came along. They used the money raised as a smaller cash prize, which they had allowed for in the Ts & Cs. It was a bit of a damp squib. I'm skeptical of all such competitions now. "

I'm sceptical of this one too. It seems too good to be true and has been advertised for a very long time.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Spooky. Just read this and had no clue what you were on about... Then the ad came on the TV

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

There was one like that a couple of years ago. They didn't raise enough money from ticket sales so they withdrew it when the draw came along. They used the money raised as a smaller cash prize, which they had allowed for in the Ts & Cs. It was a bit of a damp squib. I'm skeptical of all such competitions now. "

This isn't the first house they've given away. But yes it's head scratching how they can make a profit and donate to charity with the prize cost, advertising and admin.

over a year ago

I don't know if it seems too good to be true either!

But if you won it would you sell it or keep it for renting out and a holiday home?

By *ister-mischiefMan
over a year ago

Trafford

"Has anyone ever entered to win anything? The Devon House looks amazing but I have never been tempted to buy a ticket. Also the Omaze woman's voice is so annoying! "

I've entered ones to win vw campers but not omaze, but I agree her voice on the advert is very annoying

over a year ago

The current house has been won before, i know because i bought a ticket for it about 4 months ago.

The house at the moment has so many design and build problems with it, it's really worthless to be honest. Which is why it is back up for winning again. The company at this time is ripping any winner off and is fully aware of that.

over a year ago

I have in the past. I think I spent about £15 to enter but it's just like the lottery I suppose, your chances of winning aren't exactly high but you've got to be in it to win it. It's genuine from what I've heard.

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

I’ve never heard of ANYONE winning and if they did I think we would all know about it.

It might not quite be classed as a scam but it doesn’t fall far short! The Oxford house a while back ended up in the hands of Omaze because the owner couldn’t sell it!!

I wouldn’t part with my money and I’m not convinced the charities listed actually make that much from it.

By * Plus ECouple
over a year ago

The South

There was one like that a couple of years ago. They didn't raise enough money from ticket sales so they withdrew it when the draw came along. They used the money raised as a smaller cash prize, which they had allowed for in the Ts & Cs. It was a bit of a damp squib. I'm skeptical of all such competitions now.

I'm sceptical of this one too. It seems too good to be true and has been advertised for a very long time."

I think it's a different house each time they have a draw.

E

over a year ago

I think they are houses that are a hard sell, look amazing but either dodgy build quality or location.

I read that the last one in the Cotswolds was actually built on a flood plain and the neighbours said it flooded after it was built & basically the developer struggled to sell it.

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

"I think they are houses that are a hard sell, look amazing but either dodgy build quality or location.

I read that the last one in the Cotswolds was actually built on a flood plain and the neighbours said it flooded after it was built & basically the developer struggled to sell it."

Makes sense.

over a year ago

"I think they are houses that are a hard sell, look amazing but either dodgy build quality or location.

I read that the last one in the Cotswolds was actually built on a flood plain and the neighbours said it flooded after it was built & basically the developer struggled to sell it.

Makes sense. "

The Devon one looks like it won’t be long before the cliff erodes & it falls into the sea…

over a year ago

I always wonder how you maintain the house once you win. Council tax for somewhere like that cant be cheap….

By *uenevereWoman
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"I always wonder how you maintain the house once you win. Council tax for somewhere like that cant be cheap…."

You rent it out or sell it... at least that's what I would do.

By *orbidden eastMan
over a year ago

london dodging electric scooters

The woman on the advert is really annoying

Especially how she over emphasises the word omaze

over a year ago

I have entered the US version of the site years ago when you got exclusive items just for supporting, most of them now are just have lunch/dinner with a celeb type things, got a golden coin that’s says it’s “good for one (Chris) Pratt-Attack”, that one was to support the Lake Stevens Boy’s and Girl’s Club, think the top prize was to meet him on the set of one of his films

over a year ago

Also the other one that is in loads is thr botb car adverts! Again another seems to good to be true easy win!

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I'm sceptical of this one too. It seems too good to be true and has been advertised for a very long time."

The charities only get about £100k, which is subject to the draw meeting the minimum ticket sale.

Post new Message to Thread