Woman who are/ have been married

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Did you wear a vail?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

A veil? No. But then I didn't abide by wedding conventions.

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Yes 4

By *eyond PurityCouple
over a year ago

Laceby

No, just a tiara

C

By *JB1954Man
over a year ago

Reading

I am yes male . My first and second wife’s . Both did not. Both registry office and church blessing. Hope this helps ?

By *inkyInkedBiWoman
over a year ago

No I didn’t x

over a year ago

Seven...and did the dance at the reception!

By *cloversCouple
over a year ago

Hull

For my first marriage yes - but not over my face if that's what your questions is inferring to?

My marriage to Mr KC? Nope just a tiara kind of affair

over a year ago

No, didn’t wear a wedding dress either

By *sm265Woman
over a year ago

Shangri-la

I did. Wasn't originally planning to wear one but then tried one on & it just sort of completed everything.

By *iBBWLondonWoman
over a year ago

London

"No, didn’t wear a wedding dress either"

1st marriage in church and all the frills; yes, 2nd marriage was Chelsea Old Town Hall Registry Office so no.

It’s your day, do what feels right for you. If you aren’t comfortable it’s a long old day!

Best of luck xx

over a year ago

"For my first marriage yes - but not over my face if that's what your questions is inferring to?

My marriage to Mr KC? Nope just a tiara kind of affair "

Thank you. I wouldn’t want one over my face. I had decided I didn't want one but now I'm not sure.

over a year ago

Oh what did you wear?

over a year ago

"No, didn’t wear a wedding dress either

1st marriage in church and all the frills; yes, 2nd marriage was Chelsea Old Town Hall Registry Office so no.

It’s your day, do what feels right for you. If you aren’t comfortable it’s a long old day!

Best of luck xx"

Thank you. I'm over thinking every at the Moment. The wedding isn't till early next year but keep changing my mind about everything except the man I'm Marrying

over a year ago

Oh what did you wear?"

Just a normal summer dress, neither of us wanted any fuss.

over a year ago

Oh what did you wear?

Just a normal summer dress, neither of us wanted any fuss."

Oh how lovely.

See we keep toying with that idea and trying to convince ourselves we want simple but I think we do want traditional.

By *cloversCouple
over a year ago

Hull

"For my first marriage yes - but not over my face if that's what your questions is inferring to?

Thank you. I wouldn’t want one over my face. I had decided I didn't want one but now I'm not sure. "

Seems like you don't need to.make a decision yet??? Don't put pressure on yourself - if you've got a dress from a shop - go back a few times & try one & see how you fell wearing one. I do think they look rather beautiful & finish off a look but you need to feel comfy - no sense feeling anything other on your special day

over a year ago

Thank you. I wouldn’t want one over my face. I had decided I didn't want one but now I'm not sure.

Seems like you don't need to.make a decision yet??? Don't put pressure on yourself - if you've got a dress from a shop - go back a few times & try one & see how you fell wearing one. I do think they look rather beautiful & finish off a look but you need to feel comfy - no sense feeling anything other on your special day "

Thank you. X

By *iBBWLondonWoman
over a year ago

London

Best of luck xx

Thank you. I'm over thinking every at the Moment. The wedding isn't till early next year but keep changing my mind about everything except the man I'm Marrying "

And that’s the only thing that matters. If you already have your dress I’d suggest trying some on with it to see how they make you look and feel, then forget about it until nearer the time. They’re easy to go out and get as they shouldn’t need alteration, so if you decide you do want one then it’s a simple errand to add to the last minute to-do list.

Write a list then step back, take some cleansing breaths then put it all out of your mind for at least one day (more if you can) each week. Your temper, mental health and man will all thank you for it!!! xxx

By *bcums3Couple
over a year ago

lanarkshire

I did….but it was well suited to my dress

Another style of dress I probably would of went for just a tiara

over a year ago

Best of luck xx

Thank you. I'm over thinking every at the Moment. The wedding isn't till early next year but keep changing my mind about everything except the man I'm Marrying

And that’s the only thing that matters. If you already have your dress I’d suggest trying some on with it to see how they make you look and feel, then forget about it until nearer the time. They’re easy to go out and get as they shouldn’t need alteration, so if you decide you do want one then it’s a simple errand to add to the last minute to-do list.

Write a list then step back, take some cleansing breaths then put it all out of your mind for at least one day (more if you can) each week. Your temper, mental health and man will all thank you for it!!! xxx"

Thank you for your kind words and advice. X

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

Yes, I wore a veil and had a tiara thingy

By *iBBWLondonWoman
over a year ago

London

Best of luck xx

Write a list then step back, take some cleansing breaths then put it all out of your mind for at least one day (more if you can) each week. Your temper, mental health and man will all thank you for it!!! xxx

Thank you for your kind words and advice. X"

If you need to vent anytime, my inbox is open xxx

By *isces WomanWoman
over a year ago

West London

Only once. No veil emeralgreen wedding dress.

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

I did but I didn't pull it over my face.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

No. I wore a tailored suit with a pencil skirt and very fitted jacket and a gorgeous hat

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"No. I wore a tailored suit with a pencil skirt and very fitted jacket and a gorgeous hat "
colour?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"No. I wore a tailored suit with a pencil skirt and very fitted jacket and a gorgeous hat colour?"

Dove grey suit, red hat. This was the 80s . I still have the outfit although the basque and shoes have long since gone

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"No. I wore a tailored suit with a pencil skirt and very fitted jacket and a gorgeous hat colour?

Dove grey suit, red hat. This was the 80s . I still have the outfit although the basque and shoes have long since gone"

Sounds classy xx

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"No. I wore a tailored suit with a pencil skirt and very fitted jacket and a gorgeous hat colour?

Dove grey suit, red hat. This was the 80s . I still have the outfit although the basque and shoes have long since gone

Sounds classy xx"

I wish it still fitted me .

It was made by a young fashion designer in Brighton who was trying to make her name.

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Sounds classy xx

It was made by a young fashion designer in Brighton who was trying to make her name. "

I know the feeling x

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Sounds classy xx

It was made by a young fashion designer in Brighton who was trying to make her name.

I know the feeling x

"

Is that what you're doing?

over a year ago

I did for my first wedding, it was attached to my hair bun so not over my face. And it was not very long. I would agree with others and try out different styles. Also - and just a thought - if you go for strapless wedding dress, do think about the fit. In my job I see so many brides constantly hitching up the top of the dress, or having boob wardrobe malfunctions!

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Sounds classy xx

I know the feeling x

Is that what you're doing?"

What trying to fit into old dresses yes

over a year ago

Best of luck xx

Thank you for your kind words and advice. X

If you need to vent anytime, my inbox is open xxx"

How kind and I will take you up on that. X

over a year ago

Sounds classy xx

I know the feeling x

What trying to fit into old dresses yes "

I was very much hoping you were going to say you design wedding dresses

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Sounds classy xx

I know the feeling x

I was very much hoping you were going to say you design wedding dresses "

Awww xx you will look beautiful in yours xx

over a year ago

I never married by choice but I do love a veil...it's the finishing touch for a bride...there's some fabulous lace trimmed flowing ones

over a year ago

Sounds classy xx

I know the feeling x

Awww xx you will look beautiful in yours xx"

I hope so. Iv ordered one and waited to try it on. X

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Sounds classy xx

I know the feeling x

Awww xx you will look beautiful in yours xx

I hope so. Iv ordered one and waited to try it on. X"

Xxx

By *B69Woman
over a year ago

south west

I did yes, had the full face veil, longer at the back, truly traditional with the huge dress too, I’m glad I did as when else would you wear one really.

Try on with your dress as some dresses don’t suit them and there are many variations x

over a year ago

Thank you all for your lovely comments and advice. It seems 50/50 and I love hearing about all your dresses.

over a year ago

"I did yes, had the full face veil, longer at the back, truly traditional with the huge dress too, I’m glad I did as when else would you wear one really.

Try on with your dress as some dresses don’t suit them and there are many variations x"

I love the idea of a cathedral vail but not sure it's practical.

By *arl17Man
over a year ago

Central Portugal

Brilliant

By *orraine999Woman
over a year ago

Somewhere

No. I just had my hair up with small flowers

By *lasgow guyyMan
over a year ago

glasgow

Hey all x

over a year ago

"No. I just had my hair up with small flowers "

That sounds pretty.

By *orraine999Woman
over a year ago

Somewhere

"No. I just had my hair up with small flowers

That sounds pretty. "

It lasted thru the reception and all the dancing we did.

over a year ago

First marriage. Nope.

Second. Yup! And only spent £8 or so on if from eBay, cheap as anything but looked lovely.

I didn't have it over my face though.

Danish x

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

No veil - i got married in a registry office. So no wedding dress either. I was in green.

over a year ago

A little piece of advice we was given:

On the day, when you are married, take your new husband to one side, go and stand back and take it all in and go off, even for five mins, just you both together. Honestly being able to just watch everyone, there for you was the best thing ever.

Also, don't waste money on wedding favours! They look nice on the table but are the things most left (used to manage a hotel and saw many an aftermath of wedding receptions and always the things left on the tables)

Danish x

By *xploring_FunWoman
over a year ago

Coventry

I didn’t. I had a 50s style dress so had a fascinator style hat that went better. I tried on a veil but traditional style ones just didn’t go.

By *indergirlWoman
over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

I had one in my hair with a tiara but didn't wear it over my face if you get what I mean x

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

That sounds pretty. "

You could do that Lorna …. Just a short veil clipped in at the back as a token gesture of tradition

over a year ago

I didn't want a veil, I had my hair up with pretty things in my hair.

NBVN x

over a year ago

I had a veil and a tiara

over a year ago

Just a tiara x

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Oh what did you wear?

Oh how lovely.

See we keep toying with that idea and trying to convince ourselves we want simple but I think we do want traditional. "

If you want traditional go for it .

When I was with our daughter choosing her dress I said to try on ones she thought she'd hate as well as ones she thought she'd love. That way she wouldn't wake up in the middle of the night thinking she'd made the wrong decision.

whatever you decide you will be beautiful

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

"A little piece of advice we was given:

On the day, when you are married, take your new husband to one side, go and stand back and take it all in and go off, even for five mins, just you both together. Honestly being able to just watch everyone, there for you was the best thing ever.

Also, don't waste money on wedding favours! They look nice on the table but are the things most left (used to manage a hotel and saw many an aftermath of wedding receptions and always the things left on the tables)

Danish x"

We donated to Cancer Research and received pin badges on little cards as favours. We were married in 2009 and my Grandad was still wearing his pin badge until the day he died (this year) and I know other guests still have theirs too. We have one. Just an idea.....

By *uenevereWoman
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Did you wear a vail?"

I wore a veil when I got married the first time, it was a very traditional affair, and a "crown" of flowers for my second.

By *ookie46Woman
over a year ago

Deepest darkest Peru

I can’t remember…… off to look at a pic to find out

over a year ago

Oh what did you wear?

Oh how lovely.

See we keep toying with that idea and trying to convince ourselves we want simple but I think we do want traditional. "

As more time passes I have started to wish we’d done the big traditional thing.

I’ve considered renewing our vows in a more traditional manner.

H says she wouldn’t want it but I just want an excuse to have a big party and dress up.

Anyhow… back to the veil, I’m not a chick so you probably won’t want my opinion but I’m gonna give it anyways.

I’m not a fan of the veil look.

Plus we wouldn’t be able to see your sexy eye roll clearly

By *erms and conditionsCouple
over a year ago

Alton

Yes I did. And take the advice!

Find 10 minutes during the day to exist together or the day will rush by

over a year ago

"Did you wear a vail?"

yes

By *uenevereWoman
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Yes I did. And take the advice!

Find 10 minutes during the day to exist together or the day will rush by"

I agree...also make the day about you and what you want.

My first wedding, my mum invited loads of family I barely knew and I spent the entire reception going around talking to these people.

When I married Cal, it was a small intimate wedding and a big evening party. I told people that if they wanted me and I wasn't with Cal, I would be on the dancefloor

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

No. I didn't wear white either.

over a year ago

No, but I didn’t wear a dress neither x

over a year ago

"A little piece of advice we was given:

Danish x"

Thank you.

I get very easily over wound so we have already planned for this and we're not having a top table,we'll we are but it will only have me and Ash on it.

I am going to do favours but they are doubling as place names and work out at 68p each.

over a year ago

That sounds pretty.

You could do that Lorna …. Just a short veil clipped in at the back as a token gesture of tradition "

Thats a good idea. You have been lovely the whole way through this and always come up with brilliant ideas. X

over a year ago

Wasn't going to until my final fitting. Dad and I were surrounded by the new veils they'd just had delivered and he encouraged me to try one. So, I did, loved it and he bought it.

over a year ago

Oh what did you wear?

Oh how lovely.

See we keep toying with that idea and trying to convince ourselves we want simple but I think we do want traditional.

As more time passes I have started to wish we’d done the big traditional thing.

I’ve considered renewing our vows in a more traditional manner.

H says she wouldn’t want it but I just want an excuse to have a big party and dress up.

Anyhow… back to the veil, I’m not a chick so you probably won’t want my opinion but I’m gonna give it anyways.

I’m not a fan of the veil look.

Plus we wouldn’t be able to see your sexy eye roll clearly "

Thank you Mr Sam. Don't you worry I make sure my eye rolls are very visible.

over a year ago

No. I was married in jeans, vest top and trainers in a hospital.

By *adyJayneWoman
over a year ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

"Did you wear a vail?"

Yep. 1st was a cathedral length monster. Everyone stood on it during the photos and it hurt like hell.

2nd was a tiny birdcage veil on a little piece of home made millinery made to match my bouquet.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Flowers are a lovely idea Lor, you could have them matching your colour scheme and also tie in with the groom's boutonniere.

I'm not married yet, my mum has offered me the cathedral length veil that's been in the family for generations but I just can't picture myself in a wedding dress at all.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Yes. Mid length, whatever it's called, off the back of my hair and not over my face.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

Nope, just the paper bag over my head...

By *lasphemouscoupleCouple
over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

No, my dress wasn't traditional either, I wore a black ball gown. X

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

I wore one attached to a small floral spray headband, if I remember (it was 1983) it came down to just passed my knees so not quite a full one, didn’t have the veil over my face though apart from when the photographer wanted a few pics before we went in the church.

I suppose much depends on how traditional you want to be, either way I’m sure you will look wonderful on your for special day

By *isAdventure69Woman
over a year ago

Hampshire

No , I didn’t even wear a dress at my wedding . A very informal affair

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

I didn't wear a veil, although I did have one. Not entirely sure how that happened if I'm honest, as I vaguely recall seeing it knocking about the house in the morning.

The important thing is to be comfortable Lorna, and if you don't feel you would be either with one or without one, go with your gut. I think the idea of one just at the back is lovely, adds something to the outfit. And easy to remove later.

over a year ago

I do think veils can be pretty. I like when it is sort of like a lacy scarf perhaps with scalloped edges over half of your hair at the back and held on with a little flowery crown. Sort of hippy style. I probably havnt described it very well. Would depend on the rest of your outfit, but I think I would have gone for one.

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

That sounds pretty.

You could do that Lorna …. Just a short veil clipped in at the back as a token gesture of tradition

Thats a good idea. You have been lovely the whole way through this and always come up with brilliant ideas. X"

My pleasure x

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

No, i wore a black Chinese dress

over a year ago

No. I wore a tiara and wore red. Married in Vegas. Like most things in Vegas, it didn't last X

By *its_TatsCouple
over a year ago

Coalville

My best friend from school made my dress, it was pastel rainbow coloured and she had so much material left that she made me a veil too. It really helped keep the continuation of colour, I just had it clipped into my hair not covering my face

By *indergirlWoman
over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

"No. I didn't wear white either. "

Me either x

By *ntrigued32Couple
over a year ago

Nottingham

I did. It was short and placed to the back of my hair as it was loosely pinned up. It sat nicely over my curls after D unveiled me. Then I removed it completely for the evening.

You will find what you are happy with if you try different things.

Jo.Xx

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple
over a year ago

Lincoln

Not married just yet, but in the process of looking for a dress and no, I'm not planning to wear a veil.

P.S. I am so happy for you two

K

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"Not married just yet, but in the process of looking for a dress and no, I'm not planning to wear a veil.

K"

.congratulations xx

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple
over a year ago

Lincoln

"Not married just yet, but in the process of looking for a dress and no, I'm not planning to wear a veil.

K.congratulations xx"

Thank you Yasmeen

K

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

K.congratulations xx

Thank you Yasmeen

K"

Xxxxxx

over a year ago

"Flowers are a lovely idea Lor, you could have them matching your colour scheme and also tie in with the groom's boutonniere.

I'm not married yet, my mum has offered me the cathedral length veil that's been in the family for generations but I just can't picture myself in a wedding dress at all. "

I'm tempted by a cathedral length one but I know I'm going end up tangled in it or Ash will trip over it!

over a year ago

K"

Thanks lovely and likewise. X

over a year ago

I'll be getting married next year but I won't be having a veil. I'm just buying a very cute dress and registry office and then running away on a mini honeymoon in my cute dress.

If you're going traditional in the dress sense then all you can do is try one on and see how you feel. I think they are adorable.

over a year ago

"I'll be getting married next year but I won't be having a veil. I'm just buying a very cute dress and registry office and then running away on a mini honeymoon in my cute dress.

If you're going traditional in the dress sense then all you can do is try one on and see how you feel. I think they are adorable. "

We are next year too. Congratulations. Xx

By *yrdsisWoman
over a year ago

Gleam Street

1st... congrats!

2nd... just try everything on and possibly be surprised with what you like

I went no veil as half my head is shaved, so just a glittery clasp in my hairline. I also had a dress made for super cheap in a 50's style.... he cried when I walked in, so guess my choice was right

By * F 2018Couple
over a year ago

shropshire

I did yes,was only going to wear a simple dress but sister bought my wedding dress hubby was bought to tears ,30 yrs ago and still as happy!

By *bw44DDWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

"Did you wear a vail?"

Yes, a very long one x

Post new Message to Thread