Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Electric Mini

Jump to newest

By *topthepress OP   Man
over a year ago

MANCHESTER

Had my electric Mini for around 6 months now and it's rubbish might take it back

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

Not sure if this is a euphemism. But why's it rubbish? I hate that plug alloy wheel.

By *topthepress OP   Man
over a year ago

MANCHESTER

"Not sure if this is a euphemism. But why's it rubbish? I hate that plug alloy wheel. "
was told when I bought it that 240 mile range was available just about getting 100 miles cost me 9 grand more than a petrol Mini it's not fit for purpose

By *ovebjsMan
over a year ago

Bristol

"Not sure if this is a euphemism. But why's it rubbish? I hate that plug alloy wheel. was told when I bought it that 240 mile range was available just about getting 100 miles cost me 9 grand more than a petrol Mini it's not fit for purpose"

240 miles if you don’t use the radio lights air on ect

By *topthepress OP   Man
over a year ago

MANCHESTER

That's right better not take it out in the rain might have to use the wipers

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

"Not sure if this is a euphemism. But why's it rubbish? I hate that plug alloy wheel. was told when I bought it that 240 mile range was available just about getting 100 miles cost me 9 grand more than a petrol Mini it's not fit for purpose

240 miles if you don’t use the radio lights air on ect "

And drive it like you're driving Miss Daisy.

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

It’s like an ICE car- you’ll never get the stated MPG. Electric cars are the same. If the manufacturers range is listed as 240, I’d expect you’d get at least 170 in summer and less in winter.

My Tesla is listed as around 360 miles but so far I average around 310 in the summer months.

How are you calculating this 100 miles? Can I recommend you take a look at the Speak EV forums. There’s a dedicated Mini sun group on there

By *rhugesMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

Don't really understand why anyone would spend a lot of money on an electronic vehicle when the inforstucture isn't in place at the moment.

It will be in a few years but not at the moment

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Had my electric Mini for around 6 months now and it's rubbish might take it back"

Exchange it for an acoustic one, you can take them anywhere.

By *ockosaurusMan
over a year ago

Warwick

"Don't really understand why anyone would spend a lot of money on an electronic vehicle when the inforstucture isn't in place at the moment.

It will be in a few years but not at the moment"

The infrastructure will only get there if there is a need (i.e people buy the cars).

It's also good enough for how many use their cars (there are free chargers in my town and it's supermarkets).

Obviously it's not yet perfect, but it's a decision that each has to make on their own.

Post new Message to Thread