Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Monogamy

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Is it more natural to have multiple sexual partners when married or in a relationship or are swingers a different breed?

I have always had multiple sexual partners in every relationship I have been in, this sometimes causing the relationship to break down and end.

So is monogamy more natural?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *melia DominaTV/TS
over a year ago

Edinburgh (She/Her)

Oh that's a question....

Humans as a species are conditioned by society that it should be man and woman a house children etc etc.

Those who break the mould enjoy the freedoms of sexual adventure with others.

The animal kingdom teaches us that there are various options from social groups to hierarchical groups to monogamy.

As an advanced intelligence species we are able to make choices for ourselves and how we choice to have relationships.

over a year ago

"Oh that's a question....

Humans as a species are conditioned by society that it should be man and woman a house children etc etc.

Those who break the mould enjoy the freedoms of sexual adventure with others.

The animal kingdom teaches us that there are various options from social groups to hierarchical groups to monogamy.

As an advanced intelligence species we are able to make choices for ourselves and how we choice to have relationships.

"

I would have said as humans society condition us to see man/woman/children/ house as the norm 20 years ago but times have changed with same sex couples also being a part of the norm. The kids and house are still what most couples wish for but not solely in heterosexual relationships.

By *ave1963BarnsleyMan
over a year ago

Barnsley

It could be argued that nature has designed us to have multiple sexual partners so that we give ourselves the best chance of surviving as a species, but several thousand years of social conditioning has preached that non-monogomy is sinful and wrong.

Hence the present acceptance among the general population that having multiple partners is something to be frowned upon.

I'm going with nature. She might be brutal at times but she's far more fun.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I think it's down to the individual. You're either monogamous by nature or you're not. The problem is that people don't realise this and non monogamous people end up in relationships with monogamous people.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I suspect that most types of relationships bare "natural" as there would be some game theory advantage of not simply copying the strategy if the majority. Eg if everyone was in Monogomous relationships then I could do some major cuckooing without fear if I could convince a few gals to play away.

I suspect it's a combination of money and religion which has put monogomy as being the only way.

After all we are now only Monogomous in the moment. Over time we have many partners. Wind it back many years and that wasn't the case ....

over a year ago

"I think it's down to the individual. You're either monogamous by nature or you're not. The problem is that people don't realise this and non monogamous people end up in relationships with monogamous people. "

So true.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Human beings have always been serial monogamists. Women who were widowed often remarried because they couldn't survive alone, men remarried because they needed housekeepers and child care. You only have to read Chaucer and Pepys to see that both men and women enjoyed multiple partners.

Post new Message to Thread