Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Females and Males versus Men & Women

Jump to newest

By *it for Tatt OP   Couple
over a year ago

Taunton

Hi, for a couple of years now we’ve hated the term female wanted, male wanted. We’ve always called people men and women or ladies. It must also be pretty awks for TVs who identify one way but their gender doesn’t reflect that. How does everyone feel about campaigning to get back to people instead of a gender? It makes some people just feel like a commodity!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Are man and woman not gendered terms then?

over a year ago

Taunton

"Are man and woman not gendered terms then? "

Yes, I guess I was wondering why there is such an emphasis on the use of male or female, which seems to ignore that you’re a person.

By *lasgow guyyMan
over a year ago

glasgow

Hey

By *echnosonic_BrummieMan
over a year ago

Willenhall

"Hi, for a couple of years now we’ve hated the term female wanted, male wanted. We’ve always called people men and women or ladies."

You realise there is a difference between the singular and the plural, right?

over a year ago

Taunton

"Hi, for a couple of years now we’ve hated the term female wanted, male wanted. We’ve always called people men and women or ladies.

You realise there is a difference between the singular and the plural, right?"

Of course

By *oastal1968Man
over a year ago

Ascot

[Removed by poster at 28/08/21 06:04:08]

over a year ago

evesham

"Hi, for a couple of years now we’ve hated the term female wanted, male wanted. We’ve always called people men and women or ladies.

You realise there is a difference between the singular and the plural, right?"

Singular of men and women being man and woman, right? Not male and female?

By *oastal1968Man
over a year ago

Ascot

A campaign? Really? Have you got nothing better to do with your time? He, She, him, her, male, female, cat, tree, fridge. You either take a piss standing up or you take a piss sitting down. Life's too short.

over a year ago

Taunton

"A campaign? Really? Have you got nothing better to do with your time? He, She, him, her, male, female, cat, tree, fridge. You either take a piss standing up or you take a piss sitting down. Life's too short. "

It’s merely a reflection of how some people feel. Have you got time for the forum?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Okay Justin Trudeau.

Our next ad will be:

"Looking for a person for person person person fun. Must be into kissing people and attracted to people. Ideally, you'll be a peopleish person, and we prefer our people with a bit of hair. We'd also take a person - though Becky isn't really into people, but might soft play with the right person. Get in touch!"

By *edsmudgeMan
over a year ago

oxford

"Okay Justin Trudeau.

Our next ad will be:

"Looking for a person for person person person fun. Must be into kissing people and attracted to people. Ideally, you'll be a peopleish person, and we prefer our people with a bit of hair. We'd also take a person - though Becky isn't really into people, but might soft play with the right person. Get in touch!"

"

Hehe

Can I apply i fit the requirements

By *oastal1968Man
over a year ago

Ascot

"A campaign? Really? Have you got nothing better to do with your time? He, She, him, her, male, female, cat, tree, fridge. You either take a piss standing up or you take a piss sitting down. Life's too short.

It’s merely a reflection of how some people feel. Have you got time for the forum? "

I have got time for forum, I just don't have time for snowflakes.

over a year ago

Female/male always sounded a bit too scientific and animal like… the male of the Savannah (referred to lions)

But yeah, I’m a woman (or referred to myself a girl still even tho I’m a 30… howling) and if you wanna be specific, yeah who happens to be transgender.

End of the story

I do like my pronouns to be her/she and makes me happy when people say things they would to any other girl. So, pretty, beautiful, doll, Bonny (not something u hear down here) etc etc

The whole people thing, keeping it neutral.. no doesn’t work for me

By *echnosonic_BrummieMan
over a year ago

Willenhall

Singular of men and women being man and woman, right? Not male and female? "

Female = singular

Male = singular

Women = plural

Men = plural

Perhaps the OP is greedy...I don't know. The only possible semantic problem I can see is that a man is an adult human male whilst a woman is an adult human female...

Come to think about it...I've always hated the term "wanted". Maybe it should be "requested"? Otherwise, it may conjour up images of a negative nature like the old wild west posters.

Some people have no respect...

over a year ago

Taunton

"Okay Justin Trudeau.

Our next ad will be:

"

Lol. Post was not supposed to be about being PC, just recognising that it seems more appropriate to specify a man, a woman or any person you’re after. Male/female just sounds like a commodity. Still I get some people like to de-personalise because they couldn’t give a ……

over a year ago

Also person is to make something completely non specific to anything and keep that totally.. anonymous . Or that how it feels or I perceive it

Yes ultimately we are just people. But yeah, surely it’s okay to be just a little specific.

over a year ago

evesham

"A campaign? Really? Have you got nothing better to do with your time? He, She, him, her, male, female, cat, tree, fridge. You either take a piss standing up or you take a piss sitting down. Life's too short.

It’s merely a reflection of how some people feel. Have you got time for the forum?

I have got time for forum, I just don't have time for snowflakes. "

Surely you're the snowflake judging by your reaction

over a year ago

"Okay Justin Trudeau.

Our next ad will be:

Lol. Post was not supposed to be about being PC, just recognising that it seems more appropriate to specify a man, a woman or any person you’re after. Male/female just sounds like a commodity. Still I get some people like to de-personalise because they couldn’t give a ……"

I think I get you. Someone else mentioned male and female sounding a bit scientific, and I agree that the terms don't sound particularly sexual.

I definitely don't want to lick a male's penis. But I'll such a man's cock for hours.

over a year ago

evesham

Singular of men and women being man and woman, right? Not male and female?

Female = singular

Male = singular

Women = plural

Men = plural

Perhaps the OP is greedy...I don't know. The only possible semantic problem I can see is that a man is an adult human male whilst a woman is an adult human female...

Come to think about it...I've always hated the term "wanted". Maybe it should be "requested"? Otherwise, it may conjour up images of a negative nature like the old wild west posters.

Some people have no respect..."

Female/male are not the singular or men/women.

Men/man

Male/males

Women/woman

Female/females

I'm not really arsed if people call me woman/female etc to be honest. Others may feel more strongly about it though and if they do then I'll respect it.

over a year ago

I hate it when guys or girls say…

I used to meet this person, and they really liked me to do this and we dated

And In the back of my head I’m thinking. Be more specific I want to know … was this a woman or a man? I’m a nosey bitch

over a year ago

Taunton

"Okay Justin Trudeau.

Our next ad will be:

Lol. Post was not supposed to be about being PC, just recognising that it seems more appropriate to specify a man, a woman or any person you’re after. Male/female just sounds like a commodity. Still I get some people like to de-personalise because they couldn’t give a ……

I think I get you. Someone else mentioned male and female sounding a bit scientific, and I agree that the terms don't sound particularly sexual.

I definitely don't want to lick a male's penis. But I'll such a man's cock for hours.

"

Cool, that’s definitely my direction

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Females - Friday Night Dinner

By *oastal1968Man
over a year ago

Ascot

I have got time for forum, I just don't have time for snowflakes. Surely you're the snowflake judging by your reaction "

You couldn't be further from the truth. I just don't conform to the the woke culture that's rammed down our throats 24/7. (And that's coming from someone who'd wearing a tiny tartan skirt and over the knee socks)

over a year ago

"Females - Friday Night Dinner "

Ah Paul Ritter was great.

By *hloetTV/TS
over a year ago

Nottingham

I get someone being offended by being misgendered deliberately. That's completely different from someone stating a preference. If someone on here is looking for a male or female obviously they should use those words. If someone is offended by that then that's their own issue. Being offended doesn't automatically make your opinion valid.

over a year ago

"Females - Friday Night Dinner "

Bloody boiling in here

Post new Message to Thread