Back to The Lounge

Is it the same..?

Jump to newest

By *mileTogether69 OP   Man
over a year ago

Brighton

Hey ..

Since we,ve come out of lockdown ..

I,m sensing considerable hesitation / caution from fabbers.

( which is understandible)

Or was it always like that before?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

No, I think it's more so now. People are more cautious, I know I definitely am - I'm still trying to minimise contact with too many people. I also think cockdown gave people a chance to think about their priorities, what's important to them and what they want from a site like this. So before I might have said yes to a few more socials, just for the hell of it. Had a couple more mediocre shags because I could.

Now I'm even less likely to meet and when I do I want adequate as a minimum.

By *tue555Man
over a year ago

Passed Beyond Reach

"No, I think it's more so now. People are more cautious, I know I definitely am - I'm still trying to minimise contact with too many people. I also think cockdown gave people a chance to think about their priorities, what's important to them and what they want from a site like this. So before I might have said yes to a few more socials, just for the hell of it. Had a couple more mediocre shags because I could.

Now I'm even less likely to meet and when I do I want adequate as a minimum. "

Scratch that idea then

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

There are more instant/online gratification people on here now and trying to sift the wheat is tiresome, so many do not even bother instigating conversation as the risk of time being wasted is high

Party socials and clubs are more preferable than meeting Newbies for me now

By *uriousscouserWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

I've been chatting to quite a few people over lockdown, and I feel like some sort of friendship has formed.

Now restrictions are lifted I'm very keen to meet those people, before I have time to chat to and potentially meet new people.

Add that to an unwillingness to be in a real crowd scene and the influx of people expecting sex on demand mentioned above, and I think it must currently be incredibly difficult for anyone new to get a conversation going, let alone arrange to meet.

over a year ago

Brighton

"There are more instant/online gratification people on here now and trying to sift the wheat is tiresome, so many do not even bother instigating conversation as the risk of time being wasted is high

Party socials and clubs are more preferable than meeting Newbies for me now "

over a year ago

Brighton

"No, I think it's more so now. People are more cautious, I know I definitely am - I'm still trying to minimise contact with too many people. I also think cockdown gave people a chance to think about their priorities, what's important to them and what they want from a site like this. So before I might have said yes to a few more socials, just for the hell of it. Had a couple more mediocre shags because I could.

Now I'm even less likely to meet and when I do I want adequate as a minimum. "

over a year ago

Brighton

"I've been chatting to quite a few people over lockdown, and I feel like some sort of friendship has formed.

Now restrictions are lifted I'm very keen to meet those people, before I have time to chat to and potentially meet new people.

Add that to an unwillingness to be in a real crowd scene and the influx of people expecting sex on demand mentioned above, and I think it must currently be incredibly difficult for anyone new to get a conversation going, let alone arrange to meet."

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

I don't think it's that I'm more cautious since lockdown, just that priorities have changed perhaps.

My time is limited and I don't want to spend it meeting any old Tom, dick or harry. I am focusing on catching up with old friends more.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I think people seem to want to get back the time we missed out during the lockdown months… maybe it’s just my perception tho x

over a year ago

"There are more instant/online gratification people on here now and trying to sift the wheat is tiresome, so many do not even bother instigating conversation as the risk of time being wasted is high

Party socials and clubs are more preferable than meeting Newbies for me now "

Definitely more online chat types. Also the risks.

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

As others said, I'm v cautious still.

I work with very vulnerable people, so Im minimising risk as much as I can, even though I'm tested regularly at work.

I happily chat to others, but have made it clear it would only be a social if I did meet at the moment.

over a year ago

It feels like we’re in a kind of limbo really, like we’re allowed to do stuff, but actually just aren’t. I don’t know if that’s just me.

By *ynecplCouple
over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

It feels busier. We are getting more meet now type messages which we refuse as we used to do before lockdown.

The reverse of that is a lot more people are keen to meet for a social only first meet which suits us down to the ground.

Post new Message to Thread