Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

How local is too local?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

How local is too local for a fab meet rendez vous? What if after the deed you keep bumping into each other in the milk isle in the local super market? Awkward or don’t care?

Imagine…

“Shall we go get milk together? Are you having oat or normal?” While thinking in the back of my head …Oh I remember ur jizz on my face from the other day. How wonderful!

I remember somebody also a few doors down from me that messaged me on an app some time ago saying if I ever needed sugar, I could pop to his…. SUPER FREAKING WEIRD.

Anyway, what’s your opinion guys and girls?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

This is a very good subject… local to me is within an hour driver and that’s if I really get on well with who I’m speaking to.

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

A neighbour might be pushing it a bit... But my town is like a village. It would definitely have to be a different post code area if I didn't want to see them again lol

By *ave1963BarnsleyMan
over a year ago

Barnsley

Bumping into people I've played with wouldn't bother me in the slightest so if, for example, someone in my street wanted to play I'd still go for it.

By *nliveneTV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

Local to me is 10 minutes driving

By *parkle1974Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

I have a fab friend who lives about a 5 min walk from me.

over a year ago

Same house

over a year ago

"This is a very good subject… local to me is within an hour driver and that’s if I really get on well with who I’m speaking to."

Hahah an hour drive?? That’s not local. I’m talking like same neighbourhood where u could potentially bump into each other when u need to get milk or go to the post office or the local cafe

over a year ago

"I have a fab friend who lives about a 5 min walk from me."

Like do u bump into each other? Do u find it awkward? X

By *amierebelMan
over a year ago

nae danger.

Always though was to local dump on you own doorstep I prefer travel go upto about 2hrs depending on meet

By *parkle1974Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

"I have a fab friend who lives about a 5 min walk from me.

"

Not at all, we have been fab friends now for 7 years x

By *affron40Woman
over a year ago

manchester

Doesn’t bother me. I have a couple of guys I’ve seen in the past that are within a few minutes. There’s no awkwardness if we see each other out and about

By *parkle1974Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

"I have a fab friend who lives about a 5 min walk from me.

"

We've seen each other at the shops and around a few times..we chat like normal friends do x

over a year ago

Wouldnt bother me in the slightest. Just so long as we are cool.

By *ancer36Woman
over a year ago

Stirling

I think if you have already got naked and done the deed there’s very little to feel awkward about.

A neighbour would be a bit much but same village/town wouldn’t bother me xx

By *nliveneTV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

I met people who live just a minutes from me and we respect our privacy out from fabs , when we see in the street ,stores , shops we compliment and talk because we are friends

over a year ago

I always think… YIKES.

Unless it’s something developed more organically like a neighbour u fancy. But yeah, fab meets, i don’t know i find it a bit awkward as they know ur things and vice versa.

And again, the back thought of … U JIZZED ON MY FACE CAMERON DIAZ STYLE and now are trying to either be civil or pretend we don’t know each other *yikeeeeesss*

This is just a thought btw I’m not saying it has happened

over a year ago

I met a woman from a swiping app a few years back, who turned out worked in my local supermarket in the meat section, I nearly thought about doing my big shop at elsewhere, cause it used to get a bit awkward, but I’m bit of a snob and couldn’t face going down market, plus the customer service is excellent, so I just give her a nod and keeping walking.

By *igmaMan
over a year ago

Yorkshire

Doesn’t bother me. Had a few friends that have lived in the area as me, or next post code. Only ever bumped into someone once at the post office

By *rMrsBrightsideCouple
over a year ago

Newcastle

I think it’s a bit different for us with being a couple as we like to keep this very seperate to our normal life so we wouldn’t meet anyone local to us. Our ideal is 30mins to an hour drive away.

Kx

over a year ago

"This is a very good subject… local to me is within an hour driver and that’s if I really get on well with who I’m speaking to.

Hahah an hour drive?? That’s not local. I’m talking like same neighbourhood where u could potentially bump into each other when u need to get milk or go to the post office or the local cafe "

I done it before and it worth it… if there is a good connection and get on well with person I won’t tie myself to the 5miles rules that most people do on here.

over a year ago

"Doesn’t bother me. Had a few friends that have lived in the area as me, or next post code. Only ever bumped into someone once at the post office"

Fab friends?

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Port talbot

It doesn't bother me how local they're, once I've been naked with someone there's not really anything to be embarrassed about and it's better if they're near in my opinion

By *harliebbwWoman
over a year ago

Birmingham

Mr seems to think main land is local. so unless he has to get a plane or boat he's happy. but its ok he has me to spoil his fun and keep him grounded.

over a year ago

"I met a woman from a swiping app a few years back, who turned out worked in my local supermarket in the meat section, I nearly thought about doing my big shop at elsewhere, cause it used to get a bit awkward, but I’m bit of a snob and couldn’t face going down market, plus the customer service is excellent, so I just give her a nod and keeping walking. "

LMAO!!! I can imagine

If it was a guy from the meat counter I’d probably end up trying to go in incognito, with a silk scarf round my head (queen style) and HUGE sunglasses

I mean the huge sunglasses part is already very real but yeah… moving on …

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

"How local is too local for a fab meet rendez vous? What if after the deed you keep bumping into each other in the milk isle in the local super market? Awkward or don’t care?

Imagine…

“Shall we go get milk together? Are you having oat or normal?” While thinking in the back of my head …Oh I remember ur jizz on my face from the other day. How wonderful!

I remember somebody also a few doors down from me that messaged me on an app some time ago saying if I ever needed sugar, I could pop to his…. SUPER FREAKING WEIRD.

Anyway, what’s your opinion guys and girls? "

Depends on the nature of the meet! If discretion / 1-off is important, then best not to be too close to home. But if you find a fun playmate close to home, and you’re both keen on future meets, great!

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

I’ve had guys pass me in the street, that have sent quite explicit messages to me in the past. Obviously as I’m dressed as a guy often with facial hair I’m not recognisable at all, so I do have a bit of a smile to myself about it.

Ideally I’d rather not meet anyone too close but I wouldn’t be against it at all. I do have a large sauna quite close to where I live, that I have now stopped attending due to me being known by more people in the town now.

So ideally a ten to thirty minute drive is ‘local’ to me now

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Honestly. If your sleeping with people that you’d find it too awkward to bump into, maybe you should reassess if you should be sleeping with them

I don’t think I’d sleep with someone if I was t comfortable occasionally bumbling into them

over a year ago

"Honestly. If your sleeping with people that you’d find it too awkward to bump into, maybe you should reassess if you should be sleeping with them

I don’t think I’d sleep with someone if I was t comfortable occasionally bumbling into them "

True but yeah… I feel awkward in general … once I bumped into someone I slept with a few years ago , this was at a opening store party (work) and yeah, u can imagine the shock thinking … yup, I remember ur penis and how u pumped me from behind.

Ladies and gents , I’m gonna go and put my clown make up

over a year ago

"Honestly. If your sleeping with people that you’d find it too awkward to bump into, maybe you should reassess if you should be sleeping with them

I don’t think I’d sleep with someone if I was t comfortable occasionally bumbling into them

True but yeah… I feel awkward in general … once I bumped into someone I slept with a few years ago , this was at a opening store party (work) and yeah, u can imagine the shock thinking … yup, I remember ur penis and how u pumped me from behind.

Ladies and gents , I’m gonna go and put my clown make up "

Forgot to say, it was totally random as he lived in another part of the city.

By *igmaMan
over a year ago

Yorkshire

"Doesn’t bother me. Had a few friends that have lived in the area as me, or next post code. Only ever bumped into someone once at the post office

Fab friends? "

Fuck buddy friends

over a year ago

Within 45 mins travelling distance

By *elilah999Woman
over a year ago

Malton

For me it would depend on whether the person kept on bringing the meet or meets up. If not then I wouldn't care. Unless it was a horrible meet and I didn't leave a verification. That would be super awkward

over a year ago

I met a lovely man down the end of my road. Very often see him out and about never been a problem

over a year ago

I wouldn't meet anyone who lived within 3 miles or so I reckon, depending on the exact geography of the location. Waaaay too close. Don't need that drama in my local shop haha

over a year ago

"I wouldn't meet anyone who lived within 3 miles or so I reckon, depending on the exact geography of the location. Waaaay too close. Don't need that drama in my local shop haha"

Hahah I’m howling!!!!

3 miles seem quite a good range to be fair

By *jorkishMan
over a year ago

Seaforth

In a downstairs flat lol first time we both felt a but awkward I think after but the second time it was ok

over a year ago

"I met a lovely man down the end of my road. Very often see him out and about never been a problem "

I mean if it’s organic as in, you meet him because u fancy each other etc then I also wouldn’t have a problem .

But yeah I’d find it a bit trickier with the fab meets x

over a year ago

I wouldn't meet anyone who lived in my town.

By *heekyflickWoman
over a year ago

LINCOLN

I'm always bumping into people from here...past and present..ive no worries about it...closest to me I know of is over the main road lol

over a year ago

"I met a lovely man down the end of my road. Very often see him out and about never been a problem "

That's because he was a 'lovely' man... Imagine if you'd met someone for a social and they turned out to be the opposite of lovely. And you lived a quarter of a mile away

Eurgh, no thanks. All the lovely guys who are local to me can just be my mates, OFF fab

over a year ago

I’m seeing a particular pattern that mostly us women feel it’s kinda awkward while guys seem to be more or less okay-ish

Apart from CJ

By *oirinMarkusCouple
over a year ago

West Midlands and West London

Would love it if they were super local! As long as we could just say hi or ignore each other if we were in the local Morrisons lol.

By *ickdasterdly51Man
over a year ago

Lingfield

Wouldn't bother me in the slightest provided we were on good terms and respected each others need to be discreet. In fact I'd think it quite a turn on if I met a bloke in Tesco knowing that I'd fucked his wife while he watched.

By *eardyBikerMan
over a year ago

nr stonehaven

Too local would be same village/town..

Local maybe a few miles , depends where , discretion and that . I've not chalked a meet off yet for someone living near a friend /acquaintance etc

By *eardyBikerMan
over a year ago

nr stonehaven

But always a 1st time

over a year ago

"Wouldn't bother me in the slightest provided we were on good terms and respected each others need to be discreet. In fact I'd think it quite a turn on if I met a bloke in Tesco knowing that I'd fucked his wife while he watched."

Fair.

over a year ago

Same town or any of the neighbouring towns is a no for me.

By *egasus NobMan
over a year ago

London

1 mile, after a mile you really shouldn't be bumping into each other often. pun.

over a year ago

"Same town or any of the neighbouring towns is a no for me. "

As you are from Liverpool, do u meet anyone from Liverpool? I understand not the same kind of area but u know u live in a big ish city x x

over a year ago

Not fussed as long as they respect privacy in a public setting, unless we were on a first name basis.

over a year ago

I wouldn’t mind having someone within walking distance. If we’ve slept together then there wouldn’t be a problem.

over a year ago

I won't meet anyone I'm likely to bump into. It can get awkward seeing them about especially if I'm out with my kids, and although I know and trust those I meet not to say anything, it's a risk I don't want to take.

over a year ago

I'm pretty new here and haven't met anyone as yet but I meet exes walking around the area which includes a couple of ons, I wouldn't expect it to be any different assuming everything went OK?

over a year ago

Absolutely not an issue for me ever. I’ve been on here before on and off for a few years and im still in touch with most people I’ve met socially or otherwise and one of them, when I’d separated and moved house, literally bumped into me the following day - he was in refuse collection shall we say funny as!

I’m always discreet as I’m aware this is required for some if not all and follow their lead if we see one another.

Local for regular meets is so handy tho IMO

Txx

over a year ago

"I'm pretty new here and haven't met anyone as yet but I meet exes walking around the area which includes a couple of ons, I wouldn't expect it to be any different assuming everything went OK? "

It's very different for those of us that don't want to explain how they know someone when to everyone they are a normal married couple. I don't mix my fab life with my "real life" for this reason. Keeps things simple

over a year ago

"I met a lovely man down the end of my road. Very often see him out and about never been a problem

I mean if it’s organic as in, you meet him because u fancy each other etc then I also wouldn’t have a problem .

But yeah I’d find it a bit trickier with the fab meets x "

he was a fab meet

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Has to be close

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

30 min drive right across the other side of town is ok, closer than than is dangerous

over a year ago

"I met a lovely man down the end of my road. Very often see him out and about never been a problem

But yeah I’d find it a bit trickier with the fab meets x he was a fab meet "

good to see you kelly. hope you are well

By *eatrice BadinageWoman
over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

20 miles is my minimum range from me, I already have a longterm local fwb relationship

By *gent CoulsonMan
over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

Next door would be a little too close if it didn't work out, other than that, I wouldn't have an issue with someone local

By *ookie an creamCouple
over a year ago

Fife

We don't mind meeting too local, after all we would be on here for the same reason fun.Would probably draw the line at same street or next door lol.

over a year ago

"Has to be close "

How close Yasmin u dirty betch

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

If it's properly NSA there should be no problems.. just sort out some ground rules first

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"Has to be close

How close Yasmin u dirty betch "

Close to me xxx hussy

By *yrdsisWoman
over a year ago

Gleam Street

Too local doesn't always mean you'll see them.

Lovely chap I met a few times (over 10 miles away) turned up at my work once to do training with one of our support teams. We just said hi, nice to see you ...and got on with our respective jobs...

over a year ago

I had a social with someone 10miels away. Turned out they were starting work at my office.

The awkward bit was there was no spark my side. I hate being the guy saying no. Even tho I'm pick af.

over a year ago

"I wouldn’t mind having someone within walking distance. If we’ve slept together then there wouldn’t be a problem. "

I see what u mean, it should just be natural and feel natural …

I don’t know….

My mind is strange, I remember being weirded out when a guy tried to kiss me goodbye on the lips (many moons ago)

And I backed off as I was taken by surprise and he said quite annoyed… quote on quote

“U sucked my dick but u find it gross to kiss me on the lips?” LOL

Fair fucking play lol

It was just a brain freeze moment that I was taken back

Long story short just to show my mind is weird

over a year ago

"I had a social with someone 10miels away. Turned out they were starting work at my office.

The awkward bit was there was no spark my side. I hate being the guy saying no. Even tho I'm pick af. "

Awssssss

*takes out huge ass sunglasses*

By *egasus NobMan
over a year ago

London

"We don't mind meeting too local, after all we would be on here for the same reason fun.Would probably draw the line at same street or next door lol."

reason for saying about a mile

over a year ago

"I'm pretty new here and haven't met anyone as yet but I meet exes walking around the area which includes a couple of ons, I wouldn't expect it to be any different assuming everything went OK?

It's very different for those of us that don't want to explain how they know someone when to everyone they are a normal married couple. I don't mix my fab life with my "real life" for this reason. Keeps things simple"

Hmmm OK yes I hadn't considered marrieds and multiples scenario

By *andKBCouple
over a year ago

Plymouth

We arent too worried about them being local tbf

By *D70Man
over a year ago

Lyndhurst, New Forest

My work is very customer focused. I met someone a little way from there which is also miles from home. I figured there wouldn't be chance of any awkward meets.

Imagine my surprise when they turned up in our yard as a customer!

over a year ago

I have meet a guy from my village have never seen him when out and about but would just smile and walk on .

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

To myself it wouldn't matter long as both kept it professional,private.

By *ougie321Man
over a year ago

Milford Haven

"I think if you have already got naked and done the deed there’s very little to feel awkward about.

A neighbour would be a bit much but same village/town wouldn’t bother me xx"

I agree as we are all on the same page

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

Yeah I thinks it's awkward.

And theres always stories of people without discretion, either coming up to people afterwards at inappropriate times or when with other people, or knocking on your door when d*unk.

I prefer 10 miles + to be honest.

over a year ago

"Same town or any of the neighbouring towns is a no for me.

As you are from Liverpool, do u meet anyone from Liverpool? I understand not the same kind of area but u know u live in a big ish city x x"

I’d rather not. That’s why I preferred going to the club, people from all over

over a year ago

"I'm pretty new here and haven't met anyone as yet but I meet exes walking around the area which includes a couple of ons, I wouldn't expect it to be any different assuming everything went OK?

It's very different for those of us that don't want to explain how they know someone when to everyone they are a normal married couple. I don't mix my fab life with my "real life" for this reason. Keeps things simple

Hmmm OK yes I hadn't considered marrieds and multiples scenario "

This is a swingers site...

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

Nearest I’ve met is 3/4 tube stops away, which in London is like going to another town so unlikely to bum into each other.

The only time I’ve experienced bumping into someone I knew walked past an off the track pub I was outside - he was from Aberdeen, so you just never know when you’ll bump into people.

over a year ago

"My work is very customer focused. I met someone a little way from there which is also miles from home. I figured there wouldn't be chance of any awkward meets.

Imagine my surprise when they turned up in our yard as a customer! "

My worst nightmare!!! Ahahah

I’m already having panic attacks thinking about it haha

over a year ago

"Nearest I’ve met is 3/4 tube stops away, which in London is like going to another town so unlikely to bum into each other.

The only time I’ve experienced bumping into someone I knew walked past an off the track pub I was outside - he was from Aberdeen, so you just never know when you’ll bump into people."

Yeah cmon 3/4 tube stops away is literally worlds away!!! X ahha x

I meant more like, same area x when they start talking about being in the same shop where u usually go to get ur food

over a year ago

"Yeah I thinks it's awkward.

And theres always stories of people without discretion, either coming up to people afterwards at inappropriate times or when with other people, or knocking on your door when d*unk.

I prefer 10 miles + to be honest. "

EEEEEEW no, imagine trying to come to your door. Or following ! Jesus no, help.

over a year ago

"

"

This is the issue that I have. It's nice that people are generally quite optimistic... but the reality is that just because someone is on here doesn't mean that they are going to value discretion or act like a sane human being if they get rejected.

I had an issue with a local guy when I was first on here. When I said I didn't want to meet any more, he got a bit stalkerish and started talking about how he was driving past my house, and had seen me out with "another man" (that was my brother), and threatening to show up on my doorstep so we could "talk". I ignored him and eventually he seemed to get the hint but it was quite a frightening experience.

over a year ago

"

This is the issue that I have. It's nice that people are generally quite optimistic... but the reality is that just because someone is on here doesn't mean that they are going to value discretion or act like a sane human being if they get rejected.

I had an issue with a local guy when I was first on here. When I said I didn't want to meet any more, he got a bit stalkerish and started talking about how he was driving past my house, and had seen me out with "another man" (that was my brother), and threatening to show up on my doorstep so we could "talk". I ignored him and eventually he seemed to get the hint but it was quite a frightening experience. "

This is a no from me. That’s scary as …. Weirdos x

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

"Nearest I’ve met is 3/4 tube stops away, which in London is like going to another town so unlikely to bum into each other.

The only time I’ve experienced bumping into someone I knew walked past an off the track pub I was outside - he was from Aberdeen, so you just never know when you’ll bump into people.

Yeah cmon 3/4 tube stops away is literally worlds away!!! X ahha x

I meant more like, same area x when they start talking about being in the same shop where u usually go to get ur food "

That’s why I don’t meet local and they don’t know where I live.

over a year ago

Hmmm OK yes I hadn't considered marrieds and multiples scenario

This is a swingers site... "

Yeah yeah I know, when you get to my age these things sometimes take a while to sink in

over a year ago

I'm comfortable outside of 40 miles

over a year ago

Depends on a few variables like age ect. Like wi wouldnt meet a single guy around my own age from the village over but might an older guy or couple.

I have met people from a village near me about 2 or 3 miles away

By *ottoncandy42Woman
over a year ago

Northampton

"This is a very good subject… local to me is within an hour driver and that’s if I really get on well with who I’m speaking to."

Ditto xx

By *LiamMan
over a year ago

Midlands

I'd prefer people to be in the same city but not postcode

over a year ago

I rarely see people I have work d with in th same town, let alone played with. So long as not in the same road, I'm not worried

By *JB1954Man
over a year ago

Reading

Perhaps peoples reactions. In vanilla world. Meet someone . Could be ONS etc. Do you move towns. To avoid seeing again. ?

By *liceinWonderland38Woman
over a year ago

Coventry

I have met someone who loves literally half a mile from me, the meet was ok but I didn’t want to see him again, I’m now creeping around my little area hoping not to bump into him (I did tell him, I’d just feel awkward)

In response to your question, maybe at least out of your postcode area?

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Nooooo I wouldn’t meet anyone local. I won’t have anyone knowing where I live either no matter how much I trust them. Fab and real life will never meet.

over a year ago

I won’t play with people who live in the same town as me. I don’t fancy being at the school gates waiting for my child whilst someone I’ve played with dose the same. Too close for me.

By *rNaughtyNickMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

Local makes those spontaneous urges more fun

By *ynecplCouple
over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Because we are not from the North East originally it doesn't really bother us as we don't have a large circle of friends up here. So far we have not met somebody from the same street but unless they lived within three or four houses we probably wouldn't realise anyway.

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

If I'm on the top bunk and you're on the lower bunk then that's too fricking local

Otherwise all is good

over a year ago

"Local makes those spontaneous urges more fun "

The Literally only potential advantage

over a year ago

"I'm comfortable outside of 40 miles "

Hahaha u like to keep them at bay

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple
over a year ago

Cumbria

We will not meet within 70/80 miles from where we live.

By *haron1701DTV/TS
over a year ago

Ormskirk

I've had a few women, and guys, pass me in the street. Just a slight nod or smile.

No problem at all, why should there be a problem- unless you broke their bed or a priceless family heirloom in the throws of passion....

over a year ago

Local is fine with me. I see someone Ive met all the time we just act normal when we see each and even have a chat sometimes.

over a year ago

"Local is fine with me. I see someone Ive met all the time we just act normal when we see each and even have a chat sometimes. "

Kudos to you!!

Id have The image of his dick playing back in my mind x

over a year ago

"I've had a few women, and guys, pass me in the street. Just a slight nod or smile.

No problem at all, why should there be a problem- unless you broke their bed or a priceless family heirloom in the throws of passion....

"

The person wants to meet again. You don't. They get nasty and are right on your doorstep...

By *urora1912Woman
over a year ago

Norfolk East anglia

I have a fab friend on the other side of town.

I've seen him in my local a couple times,we don't speak to each other when out as he's alot younger than me.

Theres no way we would know each other in the real world if it wasn't for fab

over a year ago

"I have a fab friend on the other side of town.

I've seen him in my local a couple times,we don't speak to each other when out as he's alot younger than me.

Theres no way we would know each other in the real world if it wasn't for fab"

Ha do u give each other a little nod? Or complete blank or just go the other way if u kinda spot him? Ahha

By *erfectman122Man
over a year ago

from somewhere nice

Local to me is 30 miles that way I don’t bump in to them

over a year ago

Local to me is 20miles, but I would happily meet someone within 5 miles if we connect or 305 miles

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

The nearest person I've met since starting this profile lives about 240 miles away.

On my previous profile the nearest was 6 doors away.

over a year ago

Once ended up charging to the best friend of the girl in the flat upstairs. Both of us were attached.

By *orny-chubbyMan
over a year ago

East London

Local to me is 5-7 miles

over a year ago

Local to me is 30-40 mins drive, I don’t really want to randomly bump into anyone I meet from fab in my town.

Post new Message to Thread