Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Is it wrong to .... ?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

hi guys just need a bit of advice with regards to the ettiquete of blocking . I send messages sometimes and more often than not i dont get a reply . I am not complaining about that , not everyone's cup of tea which has got to expected . However my question is this , if after sending a message am i right to block that member ? My reasons are saves them hassle as i can not send them a message again as they are obviously not interested , i can't see their profile so it does not show up in searches and it saves me a bit of embarrassment if i am in chat . Am i wrong in doing that ? i wait obviously and see that the message has been read or deleted , then wait again for a reply then if none is forthcoming i assume its a polite no from them . hence i block them . Any constructive advice would be much appreciated .

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

i dont see any reason why not the block facility is there to be used

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

they might have been interrupted whilst reading your message

over a year ago

Keep going I say and let us know when you have run out of people to block.

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

If it works for you, it works for you.

over a year ago

depends on what sort of time frame. you might want to wait at least 24hrs before leaping for the block button. Especially if it's a couple as they would wait until both halfs have read your mail.

over a year ago

you use the block button how you see fit, i agree that by blocking people who have shown no interest in you after messaging them will save you time mailing them again at a later date, so yeah why not do it, makes sence to me

over a year ago

Seems like a sensible approach to me, very good way of managing your prospect list. Unless you're desperate or rude why would you want to risk contacting them again?

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Keep going I say and let us know when you have run out of people to block. "

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

lol i dont message that much , howeever as soon i as run out of folk i'll let you all know .

Post new Message to Thread