Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The extra lockdown pounds

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Tell me, we've all got a little, right?

Maybe not, but to those that stored a few extra pounds away over the lockdown period.

If you so choose, how are/will you go about beating them away?

I've recently joined a gym and can feel a difference, and since got myself a bicycle in order to help too.

It also means Mrs is happier I'm not asking for a lift everywhere

I don't drive.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *asycouple1971Couple
over a year ago

midlands

Well done. We both have also joined a gym and its made us more fitter and the lock down weight is slowly coming off.

Its a long journey.

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

I've lost what i put on during lock down now to shift the rest.

My medication doesn't help with weight loss, i gain on it..

I'm not drinking as much alcohol as i did, eating more minefully and trying when my body allows to exercise more.

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

I'm a bit limited because I care for my mum a lot of the time...my main exercise is pushing her about in her wheelchair...but I avoid hills wherever possible...and it's surprising how rubbish paths and pavements are

By *hatYorkLadMan
over a year ago

York

I'm currently training for a fitness test so aside from my usual weight training in the gym I'm also going out on the hills doing fast paced 9 mile hikes carrying 25kg which rapidly melts off any extra pounds

By *ed VoluptaWoman
over a year ago

Wirral.

I've given up chocolate & cake and am eating more fruit & very healthily. I've lost half a stone in 3 weeks. However, I put on almost 2 stone in lockdown, so a stone & a half to go.....

By *EAT..85Woman
over a year ago

Nottingham

I've bought an exercise bike. It just needs a comfier seat now

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Lockdown wasn’t kind to me, need someone to help shift the excess x

By *urls and DressesWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere near here

I’m all good, I purposely gained some during lockdown then lost it very quickly! I’m now lighter than I have been in 4 years

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

It's lingering that's for sure. Joined a gym. Back to work next week so hopefully can get a better routine going. And and will also be back on a fast diet to speed things up.

over a year ago

I had about a stone of lockdown weight to shift. When lifting restrictions was beginning to be mentioned I finally found the motivation to lose that weight. It's now gone along with another 2 stone although I've a long way to go still. Healthy eating and regular swimming have been key.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman
over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Mines been a rollercoaster of weight and size over the past 18 months, put on 2 stone comfort eating over lockdown, lost a stone when clothes didn't fit in summer, put the stone back on when I lost my dog and stopped hiking in dec, then lost it again over this summer, so I've a stone to go and that and upper body toning up will be achieved with daily swimming

over a year ago

I'm really annoyed with myself. 2 years ago I lost 3 stone and felt the best I had done in ages. I've put it all back on again and although I can't really blame lockdown for my lack of will power and letting old habits slip back in, it was responsible for me losing my routine of swimming a mile every day before work. And that for me was the start. This thread is good timing as I woke up this morning with renewed motivation for losing that 3 stone again. I'm back on it from this morning. Healthy eating is the way for me and cutting out the booze. I'll be upping my exercise which is mostly walking at the moment and maybe look to getting back to swimming now the pools are open again. We've got this!!

By *eatrice BadinageWoman
over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

"I'm really annoyed with myself. 2 years ago I lost 3 stone and felt the best I had done in ages. I've put it all back on again and although I can't really blame lockdown for my lack of will power and letting old habits slip back in, it was responsible for me losing my routine of swimming a mile every day before work. And that for me was the start. This thread is good timing as I woke up this morning with renewed motivation for losing that 3 stone again. I'm back on it from this morning. Healthy eating is the way for me and cutting out the booze. I'll be upping my exercise which is mostly walking at the moment and maybe look to getting back to swimming now the pools are open again. We've got this!!"

That annoyance will give you determination to see it through as it's a very powerful tool

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I don't have any scales in my home.

No idea what I weigh or how much I have lost.

At the gym, it's a full work out I do, we do it together as a team and follow the instructions of a professional, so it's kind of shared personal training, not just me clueless at the gym wondering what each machine is for

All I know is I can feel a big difference already, people are beginning to notice too.

My fitness in general had improved a lot

I'm enjoying it too.

I guess that's the trick, to find exercise/sport that we fully enjoy.

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

I've actually lost a couple of stone, yay me, but now my knickers keep falling down oops

By *othicslaveCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

Didnt put any on during lockdown, too busy

By *rMojoRisinMan
over a year ago

Sheffield

I was 99 kilos three years ago, Achilles tendinitis, plantar fasciitis and an excess of drinking in the last 18 months have got me up to 113. I have no motivation to lose weight but feel awful when I try on clothes.

Why can’t I find a genie in a bottle!

By *ribsaMan
over a year ago

A box at end of your bed

"I've bought an exercise bike. It just needs a comfier seat now "

Swop the seat for a dildo you won't get off it then

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple
over a year ago

Coventry

Yer, it was totally lockdowns fault. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Post new Message to Thread