Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Fab social media question

Jump to newest

By *anger mouse and Emma OP   Couple
over a year ago

Honiton

Can somebody please explain to me why some people want to use kik and WhatsApp etc to send a message to each other instead of just sending it on Fab?

Fab is private to the person your sending it to, so why? I just don't understand it.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *nliveneTV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

I been asking to myself this same question since i joined Fabs!

Following

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Because some things aren’t allowed on fab but by take it off fab you aren’t brakeing fab rules

over a year ago

I guess those who have a million messages find it easier to chat there. It's also more conversational than messaging (WhatsApp v emailing say)

By *heekyflickWoman
over a year ago

LINCOLN

I prefer chatting off fab once a meets been arranged but only on WhatsApp...

By *EAT..85Woman
over a year ago

Nottingham

I purposely avoid fab for a good week at a time as I find it can suck the life out oof me, always logging in. If I don't go to another messaging platform that makes some conversations hard to maintain.

By *oublethefunMan
over a year ago

royston

Only ptoblem with that is your giving out your contact details. In the past we have has unwanted messages and calls all times of the day and night so unless you want to be pestered I would surges that you stick to fab until at least you may have met them and feel they can be trusted.

over a year ago

You can't do group chats on fab or swap video files

over a year ago

I find it easier messaging away from fab. I don't want to be logged on all the time. I only move to messaging platforms when I'm interested in meeting though.

over a year ago

Honiton

"I prefer chatting off fab once a meets been arranged but only on WhatsApp..."

I absolutely respect the way you want to do things but why is it easier for you personally? Why is a WhatsApp page easier to look at than our one here? I'm really knocking you at all I'm just trying to understand. x

By *ts the taking part thatMan
over a year ago

southampton

Uploading and sending pics quickly is a faff on Fab but instant on WhatsApp.

By *ockosaurusMan
over a year ago

Warwick

Tbh, FABs messaging system is pretty awful compared to WhatsApp and Kik as they are dedicated to doing that well whereas Fabs is pretty bare boned.

over a year ago

"Can somebody please explain to me why some people want to use kik and WhatsApp etc to send a message to each other instead of just sending it on Fab?

Fab is private to the person your sending it to, so why? I just don't understand it.

"

I would just say that fab admin do have certain controls over your messages and can access them.

over a year ago

I used to prefer using kik as whenever I was online, I would get more messages than when I wasn't, so just made life a bit easier

over a year ago

"Uploading and sending pics quickly is a faff on Fab but instant on WhatsApp."

Plus you can send whatever you damn well please. I don't understand why any one having a serious chat getting to know with a view to meeting would want to keep it on fab. It's so clunky

By *uzz And WoodyCouple
over a year ago

Maidstone

We use Kik as we enjoy group chatting and no numbers need swapping too. It’s much more convenient.

Ed

over a year ago

I don't get it either...people wanting to move to Kik immediately after a 1st msg.

I don't understand the live Kik pic feature though & what I don't get is peeps refusing point blank to send a live pic even though & don't put pressure on them as in I'll say if & whenever they get a chance will they send a live pic. I always send them before I ask.

Also what annoys me is when I log into fab some peeps immediately start mailing me on Kik

Like if I'm on Fab mail me there

By *ockosaurusMan
over a year ago

Warwick

Notifications on your device when you get a message, without needing to open the Web page.

Instant messages rather that having to refresh a page.

Being able to see if someone is replying.

Ability to use standard emoji.

Easy to upload photos and videos.

Phone calls.

Video chat.

Messages are not being checked by admin (more privacy)

Don't have to be shown as online whilst just chatting to a friend.

I can chat to people easily in public without worrying people might see me on fab swingers.

over a year ago

"I don't get it either...people wanting to move to Kik immediately after a 1st msg.

I don't understand the live Kik pic feature though & what I don't get is peeps refusing point blank to send a live pic even though & don't put pressure on them as in I'll say if & whenever they get a chance will they send a live pic. I always send them before I ask.

Also what annoys me is when I log into fab some peeps immediately start mailing me on Kik

Like if I'm on Fab mail me there "

*I DO Understand the Kik live pic feature

Jeez my phone is rife with typos

over a year ago

"Notifications on your device when you get a message, without needing to open the Web page.

Phone calls.

Video chat.

I can chat to people easily in public without worrying people might see me on fab swingers. "

Yep

over a year ago

Honiton

"Only ptoblem with that is your giving out your contact details. In the past we have has unwanted messages and calls all times of the day and night so unless you want to be pestered I would surges that you stick to fab until at least you may have met them and feel they can be trusted. "

Well this is another of my way of thinking on here you just block. Other ways they will always have your mobile number to start with? I Really want people to know I am knocking them I'm just trying to work it out. x

over a year ago

"Can somebody please explain to me why some people want to use kik and WhatsApp etc to send a message to each other instead of just sending it on Fab?

I would just say that fab admin do have certain controls over your messages and can access them. "

Yes that's true too

over a year ago

"Only ptoblem with that is your giving out your contact details. In the past we have has unwanted messages and calls all times of the day and night so unless you want to be pestered I would surges that you stick to fab until at least you may have met them and feel they can be trusted.

Well this is another of my way of thinking on here you just block. Other ways they will always have your mobile number to start with? I Really want people to know I am knocking them I'm just trying to work it out. x"

No number exchange needed for kik

over a year ago

I use kik a lot. Means I don't have to be on here if I just want to chat. And I'm not distracted by messages popping up. Men more likely to message if I'm online. I don't like sharing my phone number so I don't use WA unless someone has really become a good friend/regular partner.

over a year ago

We prefer WhatsApp once we've established a good conversation that may lead somewhere.

Because we like to converse over the phone at that point and WhatsApp we get notifications for any messages and don't risk recieving several others when checking messages

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Anyone relying on the live pic feature in the k app need to be aware that it is extremely easy to fool that feature using another app.

over a year ago

"Only ptoblem with that is your giving out your contact details. In the past we have has unwanted messages and calls all times of the day and night so unless you want to be pestered I would surges that you stick to fab until at least you may have met them and feel they can be trusted. "

We have a phone specifically for this scene.

We can leave it off anytime we choose.

Thankfully we've never had a problem like you described.

Phew!

over a year ago

I prefer to message via WhatsApp or even kik. It's simpler and quicker to use

By *cottish gentMan
over a year ago

Dumbarton

I use WhatsApp or Kik, either after a meet or I trust the person. It's that simple. Find it far easier messaging on those rather than Fab.

over a year ago

Honiton

Thanks to everyone, I think I have certainly understood a few things now

and please everyone, I'm not knocking anyone I just wanted to understand.

over a year ago

I use WhatsApp so i can drop a pin and play find the willy

over a year ago

Fab takes forever to message and if two couples are messaging then all four people can chat.

You can also add pictures and videos to the conversation a lot easier.

That's why we use Kik or WhatsApp with couples we get an initial attraction to xx

over a year ago

"Notifications on your device when you get a message, without needing to open the Web page.

Phone calls.

Video chat.

I can chat to people easily in public without worrying people might see me on fab swingers. "

Yeah, but apart from that comprehensive list, what else ?

By *affron40Woman
over a year ago

manchester

Friends and those I’ve met have my number. Not interested in groups or talking to people I don’t know away from here. It’s easier to keep most conversations here.

By *elilah999Woman
over a year ago

Malton

"

I use kik so I can get to know someome and not get nasty messages on fab because I've not replied because I'm oine talking to someome

over a year ago

For some people it’s just easier to take things further and chat better on there

By *he Secret Tea PartyCouple
over a year ago

London

"

Maybe some of us don't spend our lives logged into Fab

over a year ago

If your a woman and your app/ phone has Access to location services.

Turn it off.

over a year ago

Prefer Kik or WhatsApp because you can see when the person has messaged back more easily, fab is a little more restricted in some areas (sharing videos etc).

Messages on fab are brilliant to set the initial ball rolling so to speak.

Although I don't use WhatsApp anymore for "sexual" stuff (not as though we swing anymore), only use Kik for that kind of thing.

Danish x

By *indergirlWoman
over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

It's just easier sometimes, if it's someone I chat to regularly I'll take it off fab as tbh their messages would simply get bogged down in my inbox some days

over a year ago

Maybe some of us don't spend our lives logged into Fab "

That's as maybe

We have found on many many occasions,one of the earliest questions asked is,are you on whattsapp/are you on Kik ?

Personally we would prefer to have fab related messages,messaged through fab,and then we can see them when we log on.

Not have them pinged to us 24/7

Other media platforms are for friends and family

By *xploring_FunWoman
over a year ago

Coventry

Once I’ve got a basic interest in chatting/meeting someone I prefer moving to Kik.

It’s so much easier to see replies as you can turn on notifications and it doesn’t risk getting lost in bundles of messages.

Also don’t have they slew of “you not chatting?” Or “???” messages from other people when they see you online, but don’t reply to them instantly.

By *ynecplCouple
over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

It is easier when arranging a meet but a lot of those who contact us on kik just want to swap photos.

over a year ago

I wouldn't move to Kik super quick. Only when there is enough of a convo connection. And I trust they can be responsible !

So nooone on the forums !

By *ainbowCheesecakeCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

We actually like to go to kik pretty quickly. For us if theres a basic connection with someone it's far easier as both of us are likely to reply to messages and it's so much easier having a group chat rather than all the "this is J this time" etc.

Kik over WhatsApp always though. No need to give phone number.

By *_Yeah19Couple
over a year ago

Lincoln

It’s just quicker and easier (i don’t stay logged in to Fab) and you can get a group chat going so everyone can get involved, it’s hard to know who is messaging when it’s involving couples

By *nfin8yWoman
over a year ago

Newcastle-under-Lyme

"Only ptoblem with that is your giving out your contact details. In the past we have has unwanted messages and calls all times of the day and night so unless you want to be pestered I would surges that you stick to fab until at least you may have met them and feel they can be trusted.

Well this is another of my way of thinking on here you just block. Other ways they will always have your mobile number to start with? I Really want people to know I am knocking them I'm just trying to work it out. x"

They won’t have your number if you use kik

By *uv2kissMan
over a year ago

fenland

We have been charting to a lady in her 20s the past few days.

And not only the nature of the chats but trying to chat as 3 singles Kik is so much easier

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

When I get to know someone, it’s much easier to natter away on kik or WhatsApp that logging into fab.

over a year ago

"

Quicker communication on Kik / whatsapp and easier overall to organise and stay in touch for finer details. I tend to always take it to a more quicker private channel x

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

I gave up on KiK.

I don’t want a message at 3am off some random fella asking if I’m up because he’s got a hard on he needs sorting.

Message me before 7am and you’re going in my “inconsiderate git” folder.

Obviously I could turn off my notifications etc but that’s too easy. And it’s “do you want to see me wanking?” “Can I see your pussy/face/tits”. “Are you up?” “Wanna go live chat?”.

Always demands. So I don’t bother now. Turns out I like a quiet life.

over a year ago

When I log into kik you now get a full screen advert, it’s fucking annoying and it’s glitchy as fuck.

over a year ago

"I gave up on KiK.

I don’t want a message at 3am off some random fella asking if I’m up because he’s got a hard on he needs sorting.

Obviously I could turn off my notifications etc but that’s too easy. And it’s “do you want to see me wanking?” “Can I see your pussy/face/tits”. “Are you up?” “Wanna go live chat?”.

Always demands. So I don’t bother now. Turns out I like a quiet life."

I’ve switched all notifications off on my phone, that’s why I’m shit with messages.

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"When I log into kik you now get a full screen advert, it’s fucking annoying and it’s glitchy as fuck."

I get that too and agree, it’s bloody annoying

over a year ago

"I gave up on KiK.

That's where it pays to be choosy who you give your details to. I've never once had that

over a year ago

I have telegram, and have a couple of close friends added on there. It’s so much easier than on here, because messages get lost so easily, and I don’t want to come onto fab to be able to message.

I can send pics/videos much more easily though.

You don’t have to give your number out, which I rarely do.

Having said all that, I will rarely move a chat from someone on here into telegram, usually only if we’ve met, are definitely going to meet, or if it’s a female friend.

By *xploring_FunWoman
over a year ago

Coventry

"I gave up on KiK.

That’s one of the reasons I move to Kik relatively quickly. Though I tend to mute notifications from new chats until I see what they are like.

Guys seem to show their actual selves much quicker on there rather than the politer version on here.

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

It's easier to have a conversation, send photos etc.

I now prefer snap chat over the others.

By *renzMan
over a year ago

Between Chichester and Havant

I find it's a good filter. It tends to be only those who want to chat or share photos, rather than actually meet that tend to insist on using one of those apps.

By *eyond PurityCouple
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

We use Telegram when taking chat off here.

You can’t have a group chat on here between 3/4 of you…so hard to build a connection.

It’s also instant, instead of logging on to FAB and refreshing pages to see if a reply has come in.

K

over a year ago

I'm definitely getting telegram based on a few replies here ! Seems the messenger of choice !

By *yore34Man
over a year ago

Hull

I prefere others as I get notifications straight away on others. I'm not always on fab or can't open it in public x

By *ittleAcornMan
over a year ago

visiting the beach

As for most of the above answers.

I keep people on FAB only, initially, until a good connection has been made (I don't want all and sundry on my other messaging platforms).

Then if willing I'll move them across to Telegram (maybe WhatsApp at a push), where a number of contacts from different areas of my life can be aggregated. Friends, family, work colleagues, potential play mates!

I find it simpler to have everyone in one place.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

Telegram is so much easier and no access to personal information needed. WA only used for true friends & family

over a year ago

"When I log into kik you now get a full screen advert, it’s fucking annoying and it’s glitchy as fuck."

I use Wire instead of Kik after they were shutting down but didn’t. No numbers need swapped either. Better than Kik.

Not sure on Telegram as stayed away from it when researching Kik alternatives due to the comments in the comparison reports about it.

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Much easier chatting off here to people I meet or plan to meet or friends.

over a year ago

Fab is great but not the most convenient for media sharing if your about more than chat

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

I find Fab messaging clunky...and even worse if you're not a site supporter.

over a year ago

Some ladies and couples get hundreds of messages a day so offline makes it easier for a conversation to flow x

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

The whole kik and whatsapp doesn't appeal to me very much either. If a meet has been arraged it's been through here then confirming via phone call/text. I don't see how apps makes it easier to manage messages, as it'll increase them if anything.

There's little need to swap endless pics and videos if you're interested in meeting each other. If anything it increases your chances of being catfished.

Something that could possibly help the site is the ability a sort messages by potential dates - applying a colour to those you are interested in, leaving others as the generic (read) blue or (unread) yellow.

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

[Removed by poster at 26/08/21 16:15:15]

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

I'm happy to stay on Fab for chatting and it's always the other person who will invite me over to Kik/WhatsApp once there is some trust and chemistry.

I like and hate Kik in equal measures; the endless ads and counter-intuitive interface. But you don't have to exchange your telephone number.

WhatsApp is my preferred because you can 'contextualise' your responses by referring to previous messages in the chat and then add bold, italics and strikeout in the text. Also, you can scroll upwards forever in WhatsApp to re-read/enjoy the thrill of the chat; In Fab and Kik earlier messages are lost and you can only scroll so far down (or up).

My only concern is when someone suggest Signal or Telegram or Wickr...which means I now have to install another messaging app!

By *ustanhonestblokeMan
over a year ago

northampton

"I used to prefer using kik as whenever I was online, I would get more messages than when I wasn't, so just made life a bit easier"

Oh so you have kik... news to me. Kept that bloody quiet. I'm that pissed off I might even delete your phone number....... pmsl Luvs ya loads xx

Post new Message to Thread