Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

honest answers

Jump to newest

By *igsy8 OP   Man
over a year ago

Accrington

How many people have been walking behind someone as they dropped money and you undrop it and pocket. Even if only once even if in sillier days. I'm sure yeesus will absolve you and I dont Judge

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Never.

That's really bad.

To be able to see the human being that dropped it and to not be compelled to to make sure they got it back shows high disregard for others.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

The other week I found a purse on my estate. I quickly opened it up and it had a load of cards in so I went home to make a sign for the person it belonged to to contact me. When I got to my block I looked through the purse and there was about £200-£300 in cash as well as a load of contactless cards. Also a driving licence which had the owners address on it. They lived in the same block but further down so I rang their bell. Waited ages for an answer. When they did I asked if they were the person named on the card. She said yes then I said I have your purse. She buzzed me up. Opened the door whilst chatting on the phone, didn't know she'd lost it, just said thanks and continued talking on the phone. Complete blaise about it. I know for a fact that there are not many living on a Hackney council estate that would have handed it back. Wish I'd taken the money and given it to a rough sleeper.

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Nah. I’d give it to them if I saw them drop it.

over a year ago

"The other week I found a purse on my estate. I quickly opened it up and it had a load of cards in so I went home to make a sign for the person it belonged to to contact me. When I got to my block I looked through the purse and there was about £200-£300 in cash as well as a load of contactless cards. Also a driving licence which had the owners address on it. They lived in the same block but further down so I rang their bell. Waited ages for an answer. When they did I asked if they were the person named on the card. She said yes then I said I have your purse. She buzzed me up. Opened the door whilst chatting on the phone, didn't know she'd lost it, just said thanks and continued talking on the phone. Complete blaise about it. I know for a fact that there are not many living on a Hackney council estate that would have handed it back. Wish I'd taken the money and given it to a rough sleeper. "

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't looking for her to get down on her knees in appreciation but just lowering the phone would have been nice lol. I'd still do the right thing and hope if my kid had lost her purse someone would hand it in.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"The other week I found a purse on my estate. I quickly opened it up and it had a load of cards in so I went home to make a sign for the person it belonged to to contact me. When I got to my block I looked through the purse and there was about £200-£300 in cash as well as a load of contactless cards. Also a driving licence which had the owners address on it. They lived in the same block but further down so I rang their bell. Waited ages for an answer. When they did I asked if they were the person named on the card. She said yes then I said I have your purse. She buzzed me up. Opened the door whilst chatting on the phone, didn't know she'd lost it, just said thanks and continued talking on the phone. Complete blaise about it. I know for a fact that there are not many living on a Hackney council estate that would have handed it back. Wish I'd taken the money and given it to a rough sleeper. "

You did what's right and I'm proud of you.

Sometimes people are ignorant for reasons beyond their control.

over a year ago

Hand on heart I can say I’ve always handed to said person . Couldn’t live with myself to keep it , it could all they have to pay for something. Karma

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

Tbh I could not keep it, just could not. It is even about thinking about it - it would be an auto pilot response from when I was a kid and my parents told me to hand back what is not mine.

over a year ago

Hand it back.

I have plenty of my own money

over a year ago

Hand it back or tell the person they’ve dropped money/wallet/phone.

I’d like to think someone would do the same for me.

over a year ago

"The other week I found a purse on my estate. I quickly opened it up and it had a load of cards in so I went home to make a sign for the person it belonged to to contact me. When I got to my block I looked through the purse and there was about £200-£300 in cash as well as a load of contactless cards. Also a driving licence which had the owners address on it. They lived in the same block but further down so I rang their bell. Waited ages for an answer. When they did I asked if they were the person named on the card. She said yes then I said I have your purse. She buzzed me up. Opened the door whilst chatting on the phone, didn't know she'd lost it, just said thanks and continued talking on the phone. Complete blaise about it. I know for a fact that there are not many living on a Hackney council estate that would have handed it back. Wish I'd taken the money and given it to a rough sleeper.

You did what's right and I'm proud of you.

Sometimes people are ignorant for reasons beyond their control."

Thank you x

If I'd of kept the money it wouldn't have brought me any joy. Could have been their rent money for all I know.

over a year ago

nah its only happened once years ago i ran after the bloke and gave it back its a cunts trick stealing off them

ive found a tenner in the road before nobody else around and kept it nobody is gonna report a lost tenner to the rozzers are they so no need to hand it in haha

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

I found a purse once I opened it and saw a picture of a woman with a child. I immediately closed it and walked to the Police station and handed it in.

It wasn’t an object anymore or free money seeing that picture, it belonged to someone.

Did I need the money at the time, yes I did. But I’m proud that the picture stopped me and my conscience had a part as well.

over a year ago

"I found a purse once I opened it and saw a picture of a woman with a child. I immediately closed it and walked to the Police station and handed it in.

It wasn’t an object anymore or free money seeing that picture, it belonged to someone.

Did I need the money at the time, yes I did. But I’m proud that the picture stopped me and my conscience had a part as well. "

If you need money you always need money and one lucky find wont do much to fill the dent. The warm glow of doing the right things lasts a lot longer.

By *r.SJMan
over a year ago

Wellingborough

Never!

And been on both sides of the coin, I've lost and never had returned but could never not myself and with the power of social media, really no excuse not to anymore.

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

Hand it back to them, for all you know it might be the last bit of cash in their pocket.

I’ve been stood at a cash machine where the lady has taken her card and then just walked off before the cash came out, I shouted her back to take her money and there was quite a bit coming out but no way would I take it

By *eah BabyCouple
over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

Found an iphone and recognised the dog on the screen saver so took it to the guys house, he was very grateful and gifted me with a bottle of wine even though I protested, also seen people drop money in shops a couple of times and pointed it out to them, it’s the right thing to do and hope if it happened to us people would be honest

By *andsome HandMan
over a year ago

roundabout

I've never been in the situation mentioned but I'd like to hope I'd give it back to them.

The only comparable situation was when I was seventeen years old and a supervisor in a fast food restaurant. One Saturday night as I was cashing up I found the day shift manager hadn't dropped his cash up properly.

There was several grand I could have taken and it would've been blamed on somebody I didn't particularly like at the time. I dropped it in the safe because I'm not that guy.

over a year ago

Last time I found money in street(about 80 quid) handed it into the shop found it outside of in case they came back. No idea what shop did

By *andsome HandMan
over a year ago

roundabout

"Hand it back to them, for all you know it might be the last bit of cash in their pocket.

I’ve been stood at a cash machine where the lady has taken her card and then just walked off before the cash came out, I shouted her back to take her money and there was quite a bit coming out but no way would I take it "

I did the walking off from a cash machine once and the person after me called me back. It was £50 and I was grateful.

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

"I found a purse once I opened it and saw a picture of a woman with a child. I immediately closed it and walked to the Police station and handed it in.

Did I need the money at the time, yes I did. But I’m proud that the picture stopped me and my conscience had a part as well.

If you need money you always need money and one lucky find wont do much to fill the dent. The warm glow of doing the right things lasts a lot longer. "

Two old ladies behind me gave me a big smile as I left. Admittedly I do feel good that I did it. Now I’m fine for money I wouldn’t hesitate.

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

"Hand it back to them, for all you know it might be the last bit of cash in their pocket.

I’ve been stood at a cash machine where the lady has taken her card and then just walked off before the cash came out, I shouted her back to take her money and there was quite a bit coming out but no way would I take it

I did the walking off from a cash machine once and the person after me called me back. It was £50 and I was grateful. "

There are some good souls in the world

By *eah BabyCouple
over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

I did the walking off from a cash machine once and the person after me called me back. It was £50 and I was grateful. "

Lucky you, Will did that once but whoever walked by in the 30 seconds before he realised took the money, he thinks it was an old couple but couldn’t be sure Here’s to karma

over a year ago

Something similar happened me. I found a wallet & details were in it as there was a student card & also bank cards & €60. I posted it on social media & located the person. Met them to hand over the wallet, she didn't even say thanks & couldn't have helped thinking I should have gone to town on her bank cards & spend spend spend

By *andsome HandMan
over a year ago

roundabout

I did the walking off from a cash machine once and the person after me called me back. It was £50 and I was grateful.

Lucky you, Will did that once but whoever walked by in the 30 seconds before he realised took the money, he thinks it was an old couple but couldn’t be sure Here’s to karma "

That sucks

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

I give it back to them... however I did find eighty quid on the ground in an auction car park once

By *offiaCoolWoman
over a year ago

Kidsgrove

I have handed in two empty purses which had no cash, but buss passes and photos. I thought the photos were of value to the person. This was decades ago before photos were so easy to take, store and process compared to today.

I have handed two sets of keys in. Both people sent plants as a thank you via the police for not having to change all their locks.

I found a wedding ring at college. I was told to come back in 6 months to see if it had been claimed. It hadn't, and their policy was you get it back and keep it. I sold that one for scrap.

Post new Message to Thread