Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Gym Life Struggles!

Jump to newest

By *ay Sable OP   Man
over a year ago

Northampton/Birmingham

Has anybody else struggled getting back into a routine since the gyms and stuff have reopened! Feels like I have weights tied to my feet as soon as I get out of bed every morning... when will it end!?!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

I've been ok but feels like it's time to change up my routine. I hate going in the morning so I go after work instead.

Have you tried going later in the day?

By *ay Sable OP   Man
over a year ago

Northampton/Birmingham

I have always found that if I don't go in the morning, I just won't go at all. I'm slowly getting back into it, it's just that before I could get up at 5am with ease! haha

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'm taking my first week off the gym since they reopened. I'm gutted about it but needs must. I'm hoping my body will thank me for it but I'm worried 1 week turns into 3 weeks and so on.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"I have always found that if I don't go in the morning, I just won't go at all. I'm slowly getting back into it, it's just that before I could get up at 5am with ease! haha"
I can relate to that - loads of motivation and energy before 10 am - after that I am a wilting cactus!

By *eardybobMan
over a year ago

the Goldilocks Zone

Sure have OP...

I find a big hit of caffeine helps about 15 mins before the session (and a wee nap afterwards, but then I am getting on a bit )

Creatine helps too - helps to deal with the lethargy as you are preloading with water... I find it helps me to train harder too.

Other than that, supplements are a waste of time imo

Hang in there!

over a year ago

I’m the opposite. It’s rejuvenated me. Partly because I spent lock down devising new systems to try out and am seeing a few results.

But can see how hard getting back into a routine is. I was lucky in that I’ve not stopped working even if WFH.

over a year ago

Yes, very much so, I stopped going to the gym in 1998 and can’t seem to find the motivation to go back, I thought about it then the whole lockdown thing happened, so I feel the gym has passed me by.

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

I've been pleased to get back into sports. I carried on with PT sessions in the park during the lockdowns (where possible/permitted) so I didn't stop completely. Glad wheelchair basketball is back on and I've taken up wheelchair racing too now.

over a year ago

I have switched to a midday workout, really helped with the intake of calories and recovery.

Nothing happens before 6.30am anymore haha.

By *ay Sable OP   Man
over a year ago

Northampton/Birmingham

Inspiring words from everyone!

over a year ago

I have to go late or very very early to get the squat rack and bench and it’s becoming a struggle to turn out as I’m not an early morning person

over a year ago

Ive only just started going to the gym for the 1st time in 17 years at the is a real struggle but I feel better for it already.

over a year ago

"Ive only just started going to the gym for the 1st time in 17 years at the is a real struggle but I feel better for it already. "

over a year ago

"Ive only just started going to the gym for the 1st time in 17 years at the is a real struggle but I feel better for it already. "
. It's not working out. It's working in.

By *ampshirehotwifeWoman
over a year ago

Hampshire

"Has anybody else struggled getting back into a routine since the gyms and stuff have reopened! Feels like I have weights tied to my feet as soon as I get out of bed every morning... when will it end!?! "

Yes definitely.

Would make motivation mush better if guys worked out naked with hard cocks I'd never get out of the gym

By *ampshirehotwifeWoman
over a year ago

Hampshire

Much

over a year ago

"Has anybody else struggled getting back into a routine since the gyms and stuff have reopened! Feels like I have weights tied to my feet as soon as I get out of bed every morning... when will it end!?!

Yes definitely.

Would make motivation mush better if guys worked out naked with hard cocks I'd never get out of the gym "

I tried. Banned from virgin active now.

By *ay Sable OP   Man
over a year ago

Northampton/Birmingham

"Has anybody else struggled getting back into a routine since the gyms and stuff have reopened! Feels like I have weights tied to my feet as soon as I get out of bed every morning... when will it end!?!

Yes definitely.

Would make motivation mush better if guys worked out naked with hard cocks I'd never get out of the gym "

Nude gyms should definitely be a thing.

By *eah BabyCouple
over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

Yes definitely.

Would make motivation mush better if guys worked out naked with hard cocks I'd never get out of the gym

Nude gyms should definitely be a thing."

I’ll back that it would make me swim a bit quicker on the upward lengths and I’d get a great view on the downward lengths as the gym is above the pool and all glass fronted

By *ay Sable OP   Man
over a year ago

Northampton/Birmingham

Yes definitely.

Nude gyms should definitely be a thing.

I’ll back that it would make me swim a bit quicker on the upward lengths and I’d get a great view on the downward lengths as the gym is above the pool and all glass fronted "

Let's make it happen, start a government petition so they have to consider it in the house of commons lol

over a year ago

To be fair I had a lot of trouble going BEFORE they even closed

Definitely found an appreciation for outdoor exercise over lockdowns, but I remember when I used to force myself to go to the gym I'd go to sleep in my (clean!) workout wear so in the morning all I'd have to do is get my trainers on.

By *ay Sable OP   Man
over a year ago

Northampton/Birmingham

"To be fair I had a lot of trouble going BEFORE they even closed

Definitely found an appreciation for outdoor exercise over lockdowns, but I remember when I used to force myself to go to the gym I'd go to sleep in my (clean!) workout wear so in the morning all I'd have to do is get my trainers on. "

This is EXACTLY what I have been doing with my coffee premixed hahaha

By *yronMan
over a year ago

grangemouth

The one I joined has this thing going on which is only limited numbers and you have to book a timeslot, which isn't always convenient for me, so am going for walks to help out, until I can sort something out.

By *issAphroditeWoman
over a year ago

Norwich

I was doing really well until the summer holidays, now I can't get to the gym at all as I'm knee deep in children. Feel like I've taken several steps back.

By *houlders McFOXMan
over a year ago

Discovering

"Has anybody else struggled getting back into a routine since the gyms and stuff have reopened! Feels like I have weights tied to my feet as soon as I get out of bed every morning... when will it end!?! "

Have you considered a personal trainer ? Just for a temporary period to get you up and running again. It’s takes away the routine planning.

I’ve trained at every time of day, morning, afternoon, evening and through the night, always found afternoons to be the best time for me but, can only manage later evenings at the moment.

By *ay Sable OP   Man
over a year ago

Northampton/Birmingham

Have you considered a personal trainer ? Just for a temporary period to get you up and running again. It’s takes away the routine planning.

I’ve trained at every time of day, morning, afternoon, evening and through the night, always found afternoons to be the best time for me but, can only manage later evenings at the moment. "

Never had a trainer before, it's so expensive!

Post new Message to Thread