Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The word naughty

Jump to newest

By *ld Strumpet OP   Woman
over a year ago

Telford

When referring to sex.

I don’t know why but it really irks me when people use the word here. Eg are you feeling naughty or are you looking for naughty fun like the persons doing something they shouldn’t be or acting out something you know your mums gonna batter you for if your caught.

Surely there’s better words even if it it boils down to the good old are you feeling horny baby.

What do you guys n gals think ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Its the old age endorphin rush of being/not being caught

By *ensuallover1000Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

I’m feeling decidedly licentious

By *VineMan
over a year ago

The right place

By saying something is naughty it implies there is something wrong or illicit about it. Whereas consensual sex between adults is wonderful. So I don’t like the word either.

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

I've seen this on a number of women's profiles and in messages and I usually avoid any further conversation as it always hints at immaturity to me. I know it may also be a confidence issue from someone uncomfortable using sexual terms but in that case I'd much rather have a normal everyday conversation with them that doesn't involve having to resort to talking about naughty fun.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It has its moment +place, but i do find it childish in its written form... However someone growling it into your ear as you are being ch*ked and pushed against the wall with their hand wrapped in my hair might elicit a different reaction :

over a year ago

I don't mind what words other people use.

over a year ago

I wonder if word shaming is different from any other variety? Not directed at OP or anyone else, just a serious question.

By *oudLoutishLoverWoman
over a year ago

Colchester

"By saying something is naughty it implies there is something wrong or illicit about it. Whereas consensual sex between adults is wonderful. So I don’t like the word either. "

Completely agree. Also adventurous sex is not ‘dirty'. Dirty and naughty perpetuates the idea that enjoying sex makes a person some sort of wrongdoer. It’s particularly used for women, I find.

And if you use 'norty' or 'nawty', you simply deserve to be exterminated. Sorry.

over a year ago

"I don't mind what words other people use."

Same, It really doesn't bother me. If that's the word that sprung to mind, so be it.

By *ed VoluptaWoman
over a year ago

Wirral.

I see what you mean, OP. And it can come across as childish unless, as Midnight so eloquently put it, it's being spoken in person.

I'm not overly bothered by it. But just don't message me with "nawty"! X

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

"I don't mind what words other people use.

Same, It really doesn't bother me. If that's the word that sprung to mind, so be it. "

I'm kind of in this camp..

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

"By saying something is naughty it implies there is something wrong or illicit about it. Whereas consensual sex between adults is wonderful. So I don’t like the word either.

Completely agree. Also adventurous sex is not ‘dirty'. Dirty and naughty perpetuates the idea that enjoying sex makes a person some sort of wrongdoer. It’s particularly used for women, I find.

"

There are plenty of women who gain much sexual pleasure from being the ‘wrongdoer’ in the bedroom, and language such as ‘dirty’ or ‘naughty’ (as well as a million other things) being used towards them highlights and heightens that. It’s all role play.

By *atty CoramWoman
over a year ago

Wimbledon

The etymology of the word naughty blows my tiny mind... it comes from the word 'nought' and at one time meant 'possessing nothing' and linked to ideas of immorality and wickedness.

I love all of that stuff... the history of words.

But no - not a fan of the word 'naughty'

over a year ago

I had a good time with a couple of nauti buoys

By *isAdventure69Woman
over a year ago

Hampshire

"

When referring to sex.

I don’t know why but it really irks me when people use the word here. Eg are you feeling naughty or are you looking for naughty fun like the persons doing something they shouldn’t be or acting out something you know your mums gonna batter you for if your caught.

Surely there’s better words even if it it boils down to the good old are you feeling horny baby.

What do you guys n gals think ?"

Hate it ! Sounds so childish

My instant thought is “ how old are you ? 15 ?” Considering my filters only lets men over 40 to contact me

As I’m typing , a notification popped up informing me that a chap with the word “naughty” in his user name messaged me ! Oh the irony

over a year ago

I don’t mind the word at all. I much prefer it to more graphic words unless of course in the moment and a whisper in the ear

Post new Message to Thread