Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

A friend in need

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

There are a lot of threads on the forum currently that would be classed as negative in nature.

I would ask everyone to consider the effect the last 18 months has had on people and indeed themselves.

Large numbers of people are suffering from increased levels of anxiety and feeding back into a more normal socially active routine, can be stressful.

So please take a moment to think of a friend or several, no matter if they are on fab or not. Ask them how they are, include them, invite them to your next activity or even for a cup of tea.

Simple actions can make the greatest difference to people.

A friend in need is a friend indeed

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

I love the meme of someone holding an umbrella over another and it says :

You don't have to be brilliant, rich, beautiful or perfect to make a difference in someone's life.... you just have to care.

That one small moment, that text, that call, that checking in could literally be the one thing they needed to give them hope or a sense of relief that they aren't alone.

Sometimes just knowing you're being considered and thought about it enough. It means you matter to someone

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I do that anyway, all the time not just during a pandemic

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Negative???

The forums have been very positive lately xxx

over a year ago

"I love the meme of someone holding an umbrella over another and it says :

You don't have to be brilliant, rich, beautiful or perfect to make a difference in someone's life.... you just have to care.

That one small moment, that text, that call, that checking in could literally be the one thing they needed to give them hope or a sense of relief that they aren't alone.

Sometimes just knowing you're being considered and thought about it enough. It means you matter to someone

"

Same, sums it up far better than I did lol.

Often people don't realise how the smallest act makes such a big difference

over a year ago

"I do that anyway, all the time not just during a pandemic"

That's great, you are quite right it's not just during a pandemic

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"There are a lot of threads on the forum currently that would be classed as negative in nature.

I would ask everyone to consider the effect the last 18 months has had on people and indeed themselves.

Large numbers of people are suffering from increased levels of anxiety and feeding back into a more normal socially active routine, can be stressful.

So please take a moment to think of a friend or several, no matter if they are on fab or not. Ask them how they are, include them, invite them to your next activity or even for a cup of tea.

Simple actions can make the greatest difference to people.

A friend in need is a friend indeed "

Very well said. Thank you for being considerate

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

This deserves a bump x

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

A friend in need requires a good deed….then he owes me

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"A friend in need requires a good deed….then he owes me "

over a year ago

I also find smiling at people really seems to lift there mood and Maher's saying thank you to the person serving me at the till things like that it costs nothing.

over a year ago

Well said sir

By *inkyInkedBiWoman
over a year ago

It’s a shame when people you thought were friends really just don’t care anymore

over a year ago

Ahhh this is a nice reminder to take time out of our busy lives and check in with each other

By *indergirlWoman
over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

"It’s a shame when people you thought were friends really just don’t care anymore "

By *hrobbermanMan
over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"It’s a shame when people you thought were friends really just don’t care anymore "

The devastation for some of us has been absolute. Devastation. I moved house five months before this whole fandango kicked off. I'm very glad I've had work to go to since May 2020 - but outside of that... phone stopped ringing, messages unanswered, a couple of family visits... friends you thought you had. Jeez.

Post new Message to Thread