Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Social vs Date?

Jump to newest

By *onny Bones OP   Man
over a year ago

a block away from heaven

Having a conversation today and the thought crept up on me! Debating with a friend the difference between a date and a social meet.

Are there any differences between the two? I’m assuming nobody would turn up to a meet or a date without wanting to show their best side. Attempts to not have awkward silences or not wanting to ramble on too much. Turning up fresh and clean feeling good, looking good!

Are there any other expectations? Does one feel any more less pressurised? Are you as open to others about one or the other?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

On a date they may think they're getting in my vag as it's coming to an end.

On a social they know full well they're not getting a sniff of fanny, but may get invited to at a later date.

By *issAphroditeWoman
over a year ago

Norwich

Probably a fine line/some overlap between the 2 and everyone has their own definitions of both.

I probably see a "social" as more of a checking someone out in person, see if there's chemistry and that I feel safe in their company. It's a step hopefully leading to sex on another occasion.

A date is probably more difficult to define and is is more of a getting to know each other with perhaps fewer defined expectations of the next step

By *agpie and RavenMan
over a year ago

Leicester

I'd say a date is what you have when you're looking for a potential relationship.

A social is meeting to see if they're compatible to fuck, or, you just want someone to chat to.

By *onny Bones OP   Man
over a year ago

a block away from heaven

"On a date they may think they're getting in my vag as it's coming to an end.

On a social they know full well they're not getting a sniff of fanny, but may get invited to at a later date."

Very well put.

Do you feel any more nervous attending one or the other?

By *elilah999Woman
over a year ago

Malton

"Having a conversation today and the thought crept up on me! Debating with a friend the difference between a date and a social meet.

Are there any differences between the two? I’m assuming nobody would turn up to a meet or a date without wanting to show their best side. Attempts to not have awkward silences or not wanting to ramble on too much. Turning up fresh and clean feeling good, looking good!

Are there any other expectations? Does one feel any more less pressurised? Are you as open to others about one or the other? "

Depends who you speak to. Just like anything else. Just because you say it's a social or a date doesn't mean you can't change your mind, if both parties are in agreement. So for me there is no real difference.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

For me, a date would be sizing up somebody's potential as a life partner, whereas in a social all I'm checking for is that they aren't giving off serial killer vibes!

over a year ago

On a social they know full well they're not getting a sniff of fanny, but may get invited to at a later date."

hahah dead

By *VineMan
over a year ago

The right place

"I'd say a date is what you have when you're looking for a potential relationship.

A social is meeting to see if they're compatible to fuck, or, you just want someone to chat to. "

This!

over a year ago

"I'd say a date is what you have when you're looking for a potential relationship.

A social is meeting to see if they're compatible to fuck, or, you just want someone to chat to. "

Yeah I’d say that this is true to my notion x

You date when you are looking for a potential relationship and you are kinda done fucking around

By *elshkinkyMan
over a year ago

south wales

Isnt a “sniff of fanny” the summer fragrance release by Chanel ??

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

On a social they know full well they're not getting a sniff of fanny, but may get invited to at a later date.

Very well put.

Do you feel any more nervous attending one or the other?"

I'm not currently meeting so can't really go on the "now"

I did both before and I'd say both had their pros and cons as far as nerves or whatnot went

I wasn't looking to date with the outcome being a relationship, however I was more than happy to go on dates and do "normal" stuff rather than just get down to sex (even though I ended up breaking my own promise to myself and letting someone too close) I enjoy that kind of thing and makes me feel more humanised and often builds the tension with flirting etc. Having a laugh and finding the vibe and the groove of the other person.

I'd have nerves. What if I've missed a bit shaving? What if I fall over or something daft? What if I've got disco minge after we've been out bowling? What if I need to fart after food? What if I get herbs stuck in my teeth? What if I get called into work and they think I'm an arsehole for bailing? What if they wanna go somewhere i can't afford? That kinda thing

As for socials my nerves would be stuff like what if they've got breath? What if I think they're a dick? What if they make a move and I have to drop the nut on them coz they ain't taking no as an answer? What if they're unstable? Will I be safe? What if they don't think I'm funny?! I got nothing if they don't laugh.

These days I'm getting back to the stage where I'd consider both again. I just need my libido to come back and I'll get back in the saddle so to speak, but having been so long without now I'm sure I'd be worried about things like stamina, whether I'm still amazeballs at sucking dick etc.

I do think as humans some of us place far too much pressure on ourselves, not even to impress the other person but in so much as being the best "us" at the time. We won't always though, there will be times when we have outside influences impacting that we may not even realise. Stresses at work or elsewhere playing on our mind. We aint perfect, we're human

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

Isnt a “sniff of fanny” the summer fragrance release by Chanel ?? "

Was called "gusset" I believe

By *elshkinkyMan
over a year ago

south wales

Isnt a “sniff of fanny” the summer fragrance release by Chanel ??

Was called "gusset" I believe "

Chanel number 69

over a year ago

Very well put.

I did both before and I'd say both had their pros and cons as far as nerves or whatnot went

I wasn't looking to date with the outcome being a relationship, however I was more than happy to go on dates and do "normal" stuff rather than just get down to sex (even though I ended up breaking my own promise to myself and letting someone too close) I enjoy that kind of thing and makes me feel more humanised and often builds the tension with flirting etc. Having a laugh and finding the vibe and the groove of the other person.

I'd have nerves. What if I've missed a bit shaving? What if I fall over or something daft? What if I've got disco minge after we've been out bowling? What if I need to fart after food? What if I get herbs stuck in my teeth? What if I get called into work and they think I'm an arsehole for bailing? What if they wanna go somewhere i can't afford? That kinda thing

As for socials my nerves would be stuff like what if they've got breath? What if I think they're a dick? What if they make a move and I have to drop the nut on them coz they ain't taking no as an answer? What if they're unstable? Will I be safe? What if they don't think I'm funny?! I got nothing if they don't laugh.

These days I'm getting back to the stage where I'd consider both again. I just need my libido to come back and I'll get back in the saddle so to speak, but having been so long without now I'm sure I'd be worried about things like stamina, whether I'm still amazeballs at sucking dick etc.

I do think as humans some of us place far too much pressure on ourselves, not even to impress the other person but in so much as being the best "us" at the time. We won't always though, there will be times when we have outside influences impacting that we may not even realise. Stresses at work or elsewhere playing on our mind. We aint perfect, we're human

"

Lol u literally think the same as me! U had me in stitches with all the questioning in different situations ahah

ME! So saw myself and the way I think too in all you had to say x

over a year ago

Totally agree with this.

over a year ago

Would say the difference is that You date with the hope of a relationship presumably in most cases , socials are to figure out if you want them in your bed with no thought of a relationship

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

Very well put.

Lol u literally think the same as me! U had me in stitches with all the questioning in different situations ahah

ME! So saw myself and the way I think too in all you had to say x "

Don't forget the "oh fuck, what if I REALLY like them?"

What if I sneeze and a green missile escapes?

Post new Message to Thread