Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Why???

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I get that it must be incredibly difficult for single guys, there’s a thread every other day.

They complain about sending so many messages and being ignored or deleted.

What I don’t understand is why they insist on wasting their time sending messages to profiles that glaringly do not match the criteria?

“I know you don’t meet 25 year olds and you’ve specifically stated this on your profile but I thought I’d send you a message”

“I see that you don’t meet married guys and I am married but I thought I’d message you”

And it goes on....

Would there be less moaning about ignored messages if there was less messaging of profiles that don’t match with the message sender? Would guys be more successful and waste less time if they only messaged appropriate/apparently compatible profiles?

If a profile stated “I really dislike blondes with big boobs” would I message this person (often repeatedly)? No, of course not.

Am I missing something? Seems common sense.

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Absolutely This!!!!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

There is a tick box for im what there looking for when you search....maybe im the only one using it....hence my success rate lol x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"There is a tick box for im what there looking for when you search....maybe im the only one using it....hence my success rate lol x"

I don’t believe that anyone other than you is using it hahaha

But they actually say in their message “I know you don’t like/aren’t looking for XYZ but........

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I get that it must be incredibly difficult for single guys, there’s a thread every other day.

What I don’t understand is why they insist on wasting their time sending messages to profiles that glaringly do not match the criteria?

“I know you don’t meet 25 year olds and you’ve specifically stated this on your profile but I thought I’d send you a message”

“I see that you don’t meet married guys and I am married but I thought I’d message you”

And it goes on....

Would there be less moaning about ignored messages if there was less messaging of profiles that don’t match with the message sender? Would guys be more successful and waste less time if they only messaged appropriate/apparently compatible profiles?

If a profile stated “I really dislike blondes with big boobs” would I message this person (often repeatedly)? No, of course not.

Am I missing something? Seems common sense."

I think there’s a scattergun approach from a lot of single guys-particularly the ones that consider that as it’s a site for people looking to get laid, that despite not matching preferences, people will be that up for it, they’ll fuck anyone!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I get that it must be incredibly difficult for single guys, there’s a thread every other day.

And it goes on....

What if I put I really like blondes with big boobs?

Reply privately

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

I never message first and this approach works fine for me.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Maybe they feel things written on profile bios don’t apply to them?

Short of blocking everyone and messaging first, sadly its just a quirk of being on fab. Everyone wants a chance….

Many people will follow whats written on profile bios but some couldn’t care a bollox. They’ve joined fab to get a shag, so if that means shooting their shot at any/everyone then they’re going to do that.

I do feel your pain OP, i really do. X

Reply privately

over a year ago

And it goes on....

I think there’s a scattergun approach from a lot of single guys-particularly the ones that consider that as it’s a site for people looking to get laid, that despite not matching preferences, people will be that up for it, they’ll fuck anyone! "

I’m sure that’s true but then if that tactic is being used, they can expect to have a low success rate - hence the million threads about being deleted or not getting replies

Reply privately

over a year ago

And it goes on....

What if I put I really like blondes with big boobs? "

This is the correct thing to write on any profile haha

Reply privately

over a year ago

We think most guys don’t look at anything other than the pictures so compatible doesn’t come into it in any way shape or form , there is a moaning thread every day on here and some days more than one .

What we don’t get is the thinking behind posting such a thread ? Complaining isn’t sexy and it’s a turn off

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Maybe they feel things written on profile bios don’t apply to them?

Short of blocking everyone and messaging first, sadly its just a quirk of being on fab. Everyone wants a chance….

Many people will follow whats written on profile bios but some couldn’t care a bollox. They’ve joined fab to get a shag, so if that means shooting their shot at any/everyone then they’re going to do that.

I do feel your pain OP, i really do. X"

It just makes no sense when guys already know that they are outnumbered. Surely you’d hone you efforts into replying to those likely to at least consider a meet? It’s a strange world x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"We think most guys don’t look at anything other than the pictures so compatible doesn’t come into it in any way shape or form , there is a moaning thread every day on here and some days more than one .

What we don’t get is the thinking behind posting such a thread ? Complaining isn’t sexy and it’s a turn off "

But my point is that they HAVE read it. They say, I know you don’t meet 25 year olds and I’m 25 but...

They include their incompatible attributes in the message! It baffles me

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I never message first and this approach works fine for me. "

It’s the way forward

Reply privately

over a year ago

And it goes on....

What if I put I really like blondes with big boobs?

This is the correct thing to write on any profile haha "

Can I just leave it at I really like boobs?

Reply privately

over a year ago

They're probably sick of messaging people and not getting a reply so they widen their searches.

Blame the women and couples who don't reply.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I never message first and this approach works fine for me. "

I was going to say that's a lie but checking, I messaged you first! ...because you posted in the forum you wanted messages!! A cunning bastard you are my friend!

Reply privately

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

"We think most guys don’t look at anything other than the pictures so compatible doesn’t come into it in any way shape or form , there is a moaning thread every day on here and some days more than one .

What we don’t get is the thinking behind posting such a thread ? Complaining isn’t sexy and it’s a turn off

But my point is that they HAVE read it. They say, I know you don’t meet 25 year olds and I’m 25 but...

They include their incompatible attributes in the message! It baffles me "

Maybe they just want to have a conversation with someone, for that does age preferences really really matter ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

They include their incompatible attributes in the message! It baffles me "

Some are just chancing their luck others think that your rules don’t apply to them . We hardly ever got messages from guys that actually read our profile that’s why we blocked them . with your profile you will get a lot of chancers it’s a cracker .

there was an absolute car crash moaning thread today . Just really don’t get the thinking behind it .

Reply privately

over a year ago

To be fair I’ve given some concessions to certain individuals even if they didn’t necessarily meet my top criteria, and was happily left surprised. Having said that boundaries , people should learn to read more

Like age I wise, is someone is 55 . I’ll unlikely meet him. If he’s I don’t know.. . 40 I might give him a thought but it’s not guaranteed x (my age range is 25-38 I think)

Reply privately

over a year ago

Maybe they just want to have a conversation with someone, for that does age preferences really really matter ? "

For a sexually explicit conversation I’d say yeah. I’d be uncomfortable chatting in that way with someone younger than my son. That’s just me.

My experience is that the chat is in the hopes of developing into a potential meet, again, just my experience. I don’t mind chatting but the flip side is that I almost feel like I’m leading them on as they then think a meet is potentially on the cards (even though I’ve been clear from the start).

I just think they’re wasting their time when there’s someone out there looking for exactly what they are offering but it’s up to them I suppose

Reply privately

over a year ago

Some are just chancing their luck others think that your rules don’t apply to them . We hardly ever got messages from guys that actually read our profile that’s why we blocked them . with your profile you will get a lot of chancers it’s a cracker .

there was an absolute car crash moaning thread today . Just really don’t get the thinking behind it . "

Thankyou kindly

Reply privately

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

Spot on op,

If people just took 2 mins to read what the person is /isn't looking for on their profiles, there would be much less angst.

Couples do it too, on this profile I used to get winks /messages despite not meeting couples and being straight, now I've bloked them.

I don't know about women as I don't meet them, but probably some do same too.

I say on my profile, they're wasting their own time not reading a profile and respecting what's written.

Reply privately

By *urulovesnylonMan
over a year ago

Harrow

Unfortunately us single blokes will always moan but that may be due to the amount of blokes on here in terms of ratio.

Anyway glad you are ok and hope you enjoyed your holiday!

Reply privately

over a year ago

On a mooch

Maybe they just want to have a conversation with someone, for that does age preferences really really matter ?

For a sexually explicit conversation I’d say yeah. I’d be uncomfortable chatting in that way with someone younger than my son. That’s just me.

My experience is that the chat is in the hopes of developing into a potential meet, again, just my experience. I don’t mind chatting but the flip side is that I almost feel like I’m leading them on as they then think a meet is potentially on the cards (even though I’ve been clear from the start).

I just think they’re wasting their time when there’s someone out there looking for exactly what they are offering but it’s up to them I suppose "

Is that what you take from their opening messages that they want a sexually explicit chat, hard to tell as only shared ‘I know I’m outside of your age range’.

Each to their own but some men (and women) do just want to chat generally and not want to jump into bed with every one they talk to

Reply privately

over a year ago

Every message I get from someone who has read my profile starts with "I know I don't match what you're looking for but....."

The rest are from guys who have not bothered to read it at all. I replied to one guy asking if he had read my profile and his reply was "I didn't want to waste that effort on you" lol.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I just think they’re wasting their time when there’s someone out there looking for exactly what they are offering but it’s up to them I suppose

Is that what you take from their opening messages that they want a sexually explicit chat, hard to tell as only shared ‘I know I’m outside of your age range’.

Each to their own but some men (and women) do just want to chat generally and not want to jump into bed with every one they talk to "

I’m assuming its sexually explicit they are looking for as it has a dick pic attached. I’ve not personally come across someone who legitimately wants a none sexual conversation and not dirty talk or a meet but maybe I just don’t attract those people. Who knows

Reply privately

over a year ago

In my experience, many folk here put their filters and criteria in place to minimise the inbox-onslaught from those they would 'normally' choose to avoid, but in some circumstances would bend their own rules for someone who they find interesting.

One of my best friends from here was of the "no married men ever" mindset, but we hit it off, off the back of a forum thread... I have also been outside the age range of another, but given the chance to prove the addage 'many a good tune is played on an older fiddle', and friends we remain to this day...

My point is OP, that other males may have had similar experiences and are willing to ask the question for someone they think is worth asking (and I'm not going to blow sunshine up your arse, but it's obvious many are going to chance their arm!); not knowing if their filters and criteria are absolute or not.

It's a fine line though; get too specific with DO's and DO NOT's on our profiles and we come accross as entitled and up our own arse! Personally, I think you've got yours pitched just right, you explain your position without being a dick about it, but (unfortunately) that does leave the door open to the chancers...

[all just my opinion obviously]

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Every message I get from someone who has read my profile starts with "I know I don't match what you're looking for but....."

The rest are from guys who have not bothered to read it at all. I replied to one guy asking if he had read my profile and his reply was "I didn't want to waste that effort on you" lol. "

Why begin on the back foot? They’re already starting with a disadvantage and having to convince someone to put aside their preferences. Sounds like a load of hard work to me but get ho, it’s their time they are wasting

Reply privately

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

I get loads of straight guys messaging so I have started to question a few now. So they’ll ask if I’m meeting or something similar and I’ll ask if they’ve read my profile?

A resounding No ! in each case.

But I was told by a couple of guys, even if they had read my profile, they’d still message as I could be randy and fancy a quick fuck. That just tells me they don’t realise that I’m not fully dressed, wearing a wig and made up when I’m browsing the site (especially not at 1am) I’ll often be the complete opposite, full beard and hairy legs/ chest.

Not looking exactly like I am in my pictures.

Reply privately

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

If there was a message preview button that only showed the first sentence you could out the ones that you didn't want to open... saving you time to look at the good ones

Reply privately

over a year ago

"In my experience, many folk here put their filters and criteria in place to minimise the inbox-onslaught from those they would 'normally' choose to avoid, but in some circumstances would bend their own rules for someone who they find interesting.

One of my best friends from here was of the "no married men ever" mindset, but we hit it off, off the back of a forum thread... I have also been outside the age range of another, but given the chance to prove the addage 'many a good tune is played on an older fiddle', and friends we remain to this day...

My point is OP, that other males may have had similar experiences and are willing to ask the question for someone they think is worth asking (and I'm not going to blow sunshine up your arse, but it's obvious many are going to chance their arm!); not knowing if their filters and criteria are absolute or not.

It's a fine line though; get too specific with DO's and DO NOT's on our profiles and we come accross as entitled and up our own arse! Personally, I think you've got yours pitched just right, you explain your position without being a dick about it, but (unfortunately) that does leave the door open to the chancers...

[all just my opinion obviously]"

I get all of that but I don’t understand it when I read the multiple threads from guys moaning about how they are ignored and deleted. Would their chances not be improved greatly if they didn’t start with the disadvantage of messaging incompatible profiles? Who can be arsed trying to convince someone? Is it sexy to fuck someone who’s needed to be convinced and talked into it?

I’d only want to fuck someone who was like “hell yeah” not “well you’re jot really for me just I’ll give you a chance”!

There just me

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I get loads of straight guys messaging so I have started to question a few now. So they’ll ask if I’m meeting or something similar and I’ll ask if they’ve read my profile?

A resounding No ! in each case.

But I was told by a couple of guys, even if they had read my profile, they’d still message as I could be randy and fancy a quick fuck. That just tells me they don’t realise that I’m not fully dressed, wearing a wig and made up when I’m browsing the site (especially not at 1am) I’ll often be the complete opposite, full beard and hairy legs/ chest.

Not looking exactly like I am in my pictures.

"

Where has the common sense gone? Was it even here in the first place? *bangs head against wall.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Unfortunately us single blokes will always moan but that may be due to the amount of blokes on here in terms of ratio.

Anyway glad you are ok and hope you enjoyed your holiday!"

You will never hear me complain. I know that if I want to meet it’s on me and not to expect any woman to fall at my feet

Reply privately

over a year ago

On a mooch

Each to their own but some men (and women) do just want to chat generally and not want to jump into bed with every one they talk to

I’m assuming its sexually explicit they are looking for as it has a dick pic attached. I’ve not personally come across someone who legitimately wants a none sexual conversation and not dirty talk or a meet but maybe I just don’t attract those people. Who knows "

Well a dick pic attached, yes, does give that impression, I’d just delete but they wouldn’t get through filters in the first place.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I’m assuming its sexually explicit they are looking for as it has a dick pic attached. I’ve not personally come across someone who legitimately wants a none sexual conversation and not dirty talk or a meet but maybe I just don’t attract those people. Who knows "

We are out there as some of the forumites would testify. Ok I might flirt and have some banter but I’m also a normal guy who likes to have normal conversations as adults. If like to find out early is there is a possibility of meeting in the future because if it’s a no I won’t keep asking and know that friends is where it is at so no awkward questions or conversations further on

Reply privately

over a year ago

i have on my profile local only

i still get messages for meets from other end of country

when this gets pointed out i get well meet 1/2 way no profile states cannt travel

as been said read the profile saves time wasting

Reply privately

over a year ago

"i have on my profile local only

i still get messages for meets from other end of country

when this gets pointed out i get well meet 1/2 way no profile states cannt travel

as been said read the profile saves time wasting "

There must be tonnes of profiles local to them, I don’t get it!

Reply privately

By *eyond PurityCouple
over a year ago

Laceby

We are looking for another blonde with big boobs

Reply privately

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

I find theses types of messages useful as these morons self filter themselves out

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

No since 90% of profiles on here hsbe no specific requirements and the outcomes are exactly the same

The issue isn’t that guys are messaging profiles that don’t meet their requirements

The issue is that guys outnumber women 100 to 1.

Reply privately

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"The issue isn’t that guys are messaging profiles that don’t meet their requirements

The issue is that guys outnumber women 100 to 1."

That’s correct, women get 100 times more messages from men that can’t read

Reply privately

over a year ago

Because most of them are thinking with their cocks

Reply privately

By *izandpaulCouple
over a year ago

merseyside

And it goes on....

Think some people, not just single guys, contact dozens of people at a time.

We ask them to read the profile in full.

About 95% don't, including couples.

They are immediate delete and block but everyone else we reply.

Works for us.

Reply privately

By *tue555Man
over a year ago

Passed Beyond Reach

"We are looking for another blonde with big boobs "

Have a blond with big boobs - gratuitous bragg.

Not justifying or condoning but a question for the ladies.

Have all your meets met your exact criteria to the letter?

There is obviously the bulk posting - direct mail approach get reply 1 in 10000 posts etc.

If you were applying for a job you liked - and you were not an exact match would that stop you applying?

How do you start a conversation? How do you get to that discussion point?

We camp a lot and do a lot of shows and exhibitions but often have clicked with people who we would not have even considered based on our profile - may have ticked a box or two or even none but clicked anyway. Gratuitous plug of a story I posted.

So if people think they are a close fit, even if you are no fit at all - you may be surprised what makes people click.

So nothing ventured nothing gained - I know this sounds like a cliche. Sometimes you find what you are looking for in the most unsuspected places

Reply privately

By *nfin8yWoman
over a year ago

Newcastle-under-Lyme

And it goes on....

They would know if they could be bothered to read profiles but seemingly many of them don’t.

Reply privately

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

I like blonds with big boobs.

Reply privately

over a year ago

And it goes on....

They would know if they could be bothered to read profiles but seemingly many of them don’t. "

I personally wouldn’t want to fuck someone who couldn’t even be arsed to read my profile: again, just me

Reply privately

By *entleman JayMan
over a year ago

Wakefield

God lives a trier. Lol.

Reply privately

By *ynecplCouple
over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Totally agree also a lot of them seem to suffer from short term memory problems. With us often reminding them that the answer is the same as it was yesterday and the day before when we told them we don't meet single guys.

On the positive side they take the rejection positively never any abuse.

Reply privately

over a year ago

liverpool i dont get it neither

think they just look at whose on line and send messages

Reply privately

over a year ago

i agree ,ive had guys message a few times in the week now i dont answer i just delete

Reply privately

over a year ago

"liverpool i dont get it neither

think they just look at whose on line and send messages "

Just a waste of their time but I suppose it’s their time to waste

Reply privately

over a year ago

"God lives a trier. Lol. "

Cod loves a fryer.

Reply privately

By *andsome HandMan
over a year ago

roundabout

It is common sense and daft of them to be battering their head off a brick wall. Your pictures and videos are alluring and I can only assume they're hoping they'll be the exception to the rule.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It is common sense and daft of them to be battering their head off a brick wall. Your pictures and videos are alluring and I can only assume they're hoping they'll be the exception to the rule.

"

There’s plenty of people I’d like to fuck who aren’t looking to fuck someone like me. So do I message them anyway? Then message again when they say no thanks? Even if it specifically says on their profile “no blondes with big boobs” for example? Of course not

Reply privately

By *elilah999Woman
over a year ago

Malton

And it goes on....

They do it because of one times age old sayings.

If you don't ask, you never know. And because people are so flaky. One day they don't want z, y, z and the next they do. And thier reply is. I/we can change our minds if we want. So people and not just men, I'd like to add. Try thier luck.

Reply privately

By *andsome HandMan
over a year ago

roundabout

"It is common sense and daft of them to be battering their head off a brick wall. Your pictures and videos are alluring and I can only assume they're hoping they'll be the exception to the rule.

There’s plenty of people I’d like to fuck who aren’t looking to fuck someone like me. So do I message them anyway? Then message again when they say no thanks? Even if it specifically says on their profile “no blondes with big boobs” for example? Of course not "

Yes but you're thinking with your head, I'd wager most of your unwanted correspondents are thinking with their small head when they message. It doesn't make it ok though.

Reply privately

over a year ago

There’s plenty of people I’d like to fuck who aren’t looking to fuck someone like me. So do I message them anyway? Then message again when they say no thanks? Even if it specifically says on their profile “no blondes with big boobs” for example? Of course not "

Have you seen this ? Amazing.

Reply privately

over a year ago

There’s plenty of people I’d like to fuck who aren’t looking to fuck someone like me. So do I message them anyway? Then message again when they say no thanks? Even if it specifically says on their profile “no blondes with big boobs” for example? Of course not

Have you seen this ? Amazing. "

I have seen this, yes. “Not into blondes”, “don’t like fake boobs” etc etc

Or my age doesn’t fit, guys want younger or older in their preferences. I just wouldn’t message these profiles obviously.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yes but you're thinking with your head, I'd wager most of your unwanted correspondents are thinking with their small head when they message. It doesn't make it ok though."

That’s very true. But then they moan about all the ignored and deleted messages they encounter. Why am I having no luck? Erm, maybe try messaging profiles where you fit the preferences of its owner

Reply privately

over a year ago

Maybe they can't deal with your masculinity

Reply privately

By *andsome HandMan
over a year ago

roundabout

Have you seen this ? Amazing. "

Shocking I know but I suppose it's in the same vein as not every man likes a blowjob

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Maybe they can't deal with your masculinity"

I don’t think I’m particularly masculine, I am freakishly strong and can bench press more than some men so maybe I am

Reply privately

By *andsome HandMan
over a year ago

roundabout

Yes but you're thinking with your head, I'd wager most of your unwanted correspondents are thinking with their small head when they message. It doesn't make it ok though.

That’s very true. But then they moan about all the ignored and deleted messages they encounter. Why am I having no luck? Erm, maybe try messaging profiles where you fit the preferences of its owner "

Yeah but just imagine if they didn't have that to moan about. The lounge would be filled with tumbles

Reply privately

over a year ago

That’s very true. But then they moan about all the ignored and deleted messages they encounter. Why am I having no luck? Erm, maybe try messaging profiles where you fit the preferences of its owner

Yeah but just imagine if they didn't have that to moan about. The lounge would be filled with tumbles "

That is very true. No new topics for at least a week

Reply privately

By *EAT..85Woman
over a year ago

Nottingham

God loves a tryer. I wonder if God's a swinger?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"God loves a tryer. I wonder if God's a swinger? "

Definitely

Reply privately

By *andsome HandMan
over a year ago

roundabout

Yeah but just imagine if they didn't have that to moan about. The lounge would be filled with tumbles

That is very true. No new topics for at least a week "

Apart from what's the best size wang

Reply privately