Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

When is discrimination OK?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

As the subject says, when is it OK to discriminate?

Specifically: The disadvantageous or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people, especially on the grounds of race, age, sex, or disability.

Assuming it has been a conscious decision to create the discrimination; what specific situations do you feel this is perfectly acceptable, expected, or even required?

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By *olgateMan
over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

When reading a menu

Reply privately

By *jorkishMan
over a year ago

Seaforth

"As the subject says, when is it OK to discriminate?

Specifically: The disadvantageous or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people, especially on the grounds of race, age, sex, or disability.

Assuming it has been a conscious decision to create the discrimination; what specific situations do you feel this is perfectly acceptable, expected, or even required?"

When working with learning disabilities people who've been abused, their support staff have to the opposite gender to their abusers.

Reply privately

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Never x

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I will bite.

Discrimination in itself, never okay.

However, in things like jobs, it may be advantageous to a company to consider who they are employing versus their existing staff to benefit from diversity of thought. That may mean that a female applicant has a small advantage for a male dominated company. I'd expect such kind of decisions to be internally evidenced.

There may also be steps given to ensure no bias has taken place. Say at lesst 30pc of CVs are to be from female applicants. This should be on a comply or explain basis, with plans of actions if one can't comply.

Hope this gets a debate going !!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Sex!

I discriminate against whole groups of people and will not fuck them, no matter how much they whine about discrimination/ racism/ ageism/ heightism/ sizeism/ whateverism.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Actors. Where the role to be played requires a particular characteristic/race/trait usually governed by the bounds of discrimination.

Reply privately

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

"I will bite.

However, in things like jobs, it may be advantageous to a company to consider who they are employing versus their existing staff to benefit from diversity of thought. That may mean that a female applicant has a small advantage for a male dominated company. I'd expect such kind of decisions to be internally evidenced.

There may also be steps given to ensure no bias has taken place. Say at lesst 30pc of CVs are to be from female applicants. This should be on a comply or explain basis, with plans of actions if one can't comply.

Hope this gets a debate going !!"

How do you ensure that 30 per cent of applicants are female?

You can ensure that 30 per cent of a short-list are female, but I don’t see how you can ensure that 30 per cent of cv’s are from females.

Personally, having hired hundreds of people, I always went for the best qualified person for the role.

Reply privately

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Sex probably. Some people call it discrimination if you won’t fuck them for whatever reason

Reply privately

By *issAphroditeWoman
over a year ago

Norwich

There's a difference between discrimination and positive discrimination, such as all female shortlists in male dominated fields or guaranteeing a disabled person a job interview if they meet the required criteria.

On the other hand, sometimes being truthful about certain statistics and the risks involved with them is deemed as discrimination. Sometimes inclusivity

Reply privately

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

Some jobs / occupations are better suited to younger people and some are better suited to more mature individuals.

Manual labour roles for example are better suited to younger. I wouldn’t be too hair seeing an 80 year old lugging bins or digging roads for example.

And if I was seeing a financial adviser or a counsellor I would feel more comfortable speaking to someone with a few miles on the clock rather than a kid straight out of school who knows a lot of theory but has less life experience.

Reply privately

By *issAphroditeWoman
over a year ago

Norwich

*sometimes inclusivity and fairness do not go hand in hand

Reply privately

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"I will bite.

You can ensure that 30 per cent of a short-list are female, but I don’t see how you can ensure that 30 per cent of cv’s are from females.

Personally, having hired hundreds of people, I always went for the best qualified person for the role. "

By using media, language and advertising that reaches abs attracts women. It’s easy once you decide you want to do it

Reply privately

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"I will bite.

Personally, having hired hundreds of people, I always went for the best qualified person for the role.

By using media, language and advertising that reaches abs attracts women. It’s easy once you decide you want to do it "

True. I pay to attract certain people to my business. I can choose gender, age range, location etc. Not sure that’s discrimination though.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I discriminate against stupid people. Stop watching tick tok and learn something to expand your mind not shrink it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Assuming it has been a conscious decision to create the discrimination; what specific situations do you feel this is perfectly acceptable, expected, or even required?"

When it's positive discrimination ;-p

Reply privately

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

"Sex probably. Some people call it discrimination if you won’t fuck them for whatever reason

"

That’s stretching things. Personality, shared interests etc and hard to identify “spark” are what attracts me to an individual, not age, race etc.

Just because I like one slim blonde white girl doesn’t mean that I like all slim blond white girls or that I don’t like other races, ages or builds. In no way do I discriminate or find attraction based on a checklist of age, build, height. Nationality, ethnicity etc. Yes I have some preferences but that goes out the window when I meet a lady who is funny, confident, sexy

Reply privately

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"Sex probably. Some people call it discrimination if you won’t fuck them for whatever reason

That’s stretching things. Personality, shared interests etc and hard to identify “spark” are what attracts me to an individual, not age, race etc.

Just because I like one slim blonde white girl doesn’t mean that I like all slim blond white girls or that I don’t like other races, ages or builds. In no way do I discriminate or find attraction based on a checklist of age, build, height. Nationality, ethnicity etc. Yes I have some preferences but that goes out the window when I meet a lady who is funny, confident, sexy "

I was talking generally not about you or me. People do that.

Reply privately

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

Assuming it has been a conscious decision to create the discrimination; what specific situations do you feel this is perfectly acceptable, expected, or even required?

When it's positive discrimination ;-p"

Positive discrimination means that someone who is better qualified loses out because of an agenda. I think that’s an awful way to build a team.

I grew up in a disadvantaged area, and I know that that meant I had to do even better in my studies and early jobs etc, rather than getting a free leg-up because of where I grew up.

Positive discrimination too often ends up in tokenism. Tackling root causes of inequality is much more constructive, equality of opportunity rather than a forced equality of outcome.

Reply privately

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

Just because I like one slim blonde white girl doesn’t mean that I like all slim blond white girls or that I don’t like other races, ages or builds. In no way do I discriminate or find attraction based on a checklist of age, build, height. Nationality, ethnicity etc. Yes I have some preferences but that goes out the window when I meet a lady who is funny, confident, sexy

I was talking generally not about you or me. People do that. "

Understood. Just putting my experience forward. People may well have a “type”, but I find it hard to accept that as being discriminatory in itself, unless it is accompanied but other more widely held views, eg refusing to consider people of certain colour, nationality, ethnicity etc.

Reply privately

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

"I will bite.

By using media, language and advertising that reaches abs attracts women. It’s easy once you decide you want to do it "

I want to attract well qualified candidates. I couldn’t care less about their age, gender, race, nationality etc. So I advertise to attract the broadest range of candidates possible.

Reply privately

By *agpie and RavenMan
over a year ago

Leicester

Despite what they say, the majority of those that have profiles that say no blacks, no asians, whites only, are racists, nothing to do with preference.

However, I think it's perfectly fine for them to say that. Their bodies, their choice who they have sex with.

Frank

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I will bite.

Personally, having hired hundreds of people, I always went for the best qualified person for the role. "

I meant shortlist. Oops.

There is a question of how we define best qualified. While some things are tangible (eg HGV license) really we recruit on softer skills and what we can glean from experience. Is there a risk we go for the person that "fits in" or is "right for our culture". It's worth reflecting in imo. How do we get alternative views on this ? Noone thinks they hire anything but the best. How do you know ? It's something I couldn't answer for sure.

Reply privately

By *heGateKeeperMan
over a year ago

Stratford

Positive discrimination and positive action are not the same thing. One is illegal and one isn’t

Reply privately

By *olmateMan
over a year ago

WM

Discrimination in all context is not "Okay"!

What is context of your question?

If this is related to fab I do not think it is Discrimination perse.

I think it is a matter of choice that who you feel attracted to and who you don't.

Is this discrimination? I don't think so. People have types for all the reasons however if they are not disrespectful in general to them and just don't want to play with them, I don't think that it is termed as discrimination.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Positive discrimination and positive action are not the same thing. One is illegal and one isn’t "

But other than the name, it's the same thing.

Reply privately

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

"Positive discrimination and positive action are not the same thing. One is illegal and one isn’t

But other than the name, it's the same thing. "

... like the difference between tax evasion and tax avoidance

Reply privately

over a year ago

Ok, so most of the examples given aren't actually discrimination.

Given the employment as an example. If only x% of a group apply there is x% chance they willbe successful. It's only discriminatory if for example someone is equally or more capable than another applicant and you eliminate them based on their race/gender/whatever. Or another. You couldn't have an elderly 4' Australian Aboriginal Aunty (just the first thing that came to mind) play the lead role in a documentary about Cliff Richards. That isn't discrimination if you denied her the part.

I mean real discrimination where an arbitrary decision has been made. For example, to tax gluten free but not regular. In that example you are arbitrarily discriminating against celiacs.

Reply privately

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

Age. I’m 50. I wouldn’t expect to be taken seriously as an applicant for a role as trainee pilot. But if I was excluded for a general office based role because of my age, despite having the right skills and experience, then I would see that as age discrimination.

If I lost out on the role because of my colour, religion, where I come from etc, that would also be discrimination, but almost impossible to prove

Reply privately

By *ilverjagMan
over a year ago

swansea

When I'm selecting a tenant to rent a property, I discriminate every time. I seem to be almost able to smell the dysfunctionals from a mile away.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"When I'm selecting a tenant to rent a property, I discriminate every time. I seem to be almost able to smell the dysfunctionals from a mile away. "

That isn't discrimination. It isn't unjust or disadvantageous to a generalised group. It's based on that particular applicant as an individual.

Reply privately

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

Sometimes for specific acting roles.

Reply privately

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

"Some jobs / occupations are better suited to younger people and some are better suited to more mature individuals.

Manual labour roles for example are better suited to younger. I wouldn’t be too hair seeing an 80 year old lugging bins or digging roads for example.

And if I was seeing a financial adviser or a counsellor I would feel more comfortable speaking to someone with a few miles on the clock rather than a kid straight out of school who knows a lot of theory but has less life experience. "

You can't decline to interview or offer someone a job based on their age (unless there's a damn good reason, like insurance purposes e.g must be over 21 for a driving job due to insurance). You shouldn't assume an 80yo can or cannot do certain things, similarly a young person. Your selection and interview process should enable candidates to demonstrate their suitability and then you should have an objective scoring system to see who comes out best.

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

"Ok, so most of the examples given aren't actually discrimination.

Given the employment as an example. If only x% of a group apply there is x% chance they willbe successful. It's only discriminatory if for example someone is equally or more capable than another applicant and you eliminate them based on their race/gender/whatever. Or another. You couldn't have an elderly 4' Australian Aboriginal Aunty (just the first thing that came to mind) play the lead role in a documentary about Cliff Richards. That isn't discrimination if you denied her the part.

I mean real discrimination where an arbitrary decision has been made. For example, to tax gluten free but not regular. In that example you are arbitrarily discriminating against celiacs."

Recently, a non white actor played Anne Boleyn (a white British woman). Didn't seem to impact the telling of the story, that the ethnicity of the actor was different to the real life person.

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

"I will bite.

Personally, having hired hundreds of people, I always went for the best qualified person for the role. I meant shortlist. Oops.

There is a question of how we define best qualified. While some things are tangible (eg HGV license) really we recruit on softer skills and what we can glean from experience. Is there a risk we go for the person that "fits in" or is "right for our culture". It's worth reflecting in imo. How do we get alternative views on this ? Noone thinks they hire anything but the best. How do you know ? It's something I couldn't answer for sure.

"

This is why the design of the interview and selection process is key. You have to include tasks, portfolios, presentations or whatever you need, to draw out those softer skills. You then appoint, with a probationary period, and if they are unsuitable, you can give short notice and then you try again.

I'm shocked at how many people involved in recruitment commenting here seem to think it's okay to decide if someone of a certain age can or cannot do a job, or similar. I have staff aged from early 20s (pretty newly qualified). right into their mid 70s and this is a job on your feet, in labs, teaching. We do not have long holidays either, just a normal allocation like office based workers. My staff are all able to do their jobs and each bring different perspectives to the organisation.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I mean real discrimination where an arbitrary decision has been made. For example, to tax gluten free but not regular. In that example you are arbitrarily discriminating against celiacs.

Recently, a non white actor played Anne Boleyn (a white British woman). Didn't seem to impact the telling of the story, that the ethnicity of the actor was different to the real life person."

It's acting so ethnicity shouldn't matter however was she the best actress for the job or a tool to use in order to prove how progressive a society we have become? Look at the crap Joseph Fiennes got for playing a black man who altered his skin to become white when he took on the role of Michael Jackson.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Recently, a non white actor played Anne Boleyn (a white British woman). Didn't seem to impact the telling of the story, that the ethnicity of the actor was different to the real life person."

Yes and as an individual that actor was female, appropriate age, build, abilities, voice, whatever. If Sly Stallone auditioned, he would not be able to claim discrimination for not getting cast.

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

"

Recently, a non white actor played Anne Boleyn (a white British woman). Didn't seem to impact the telling of the story, that the ethnicity of the actor was different to the real life person.

Yes and as an individual that actor was female, appropriate age, build, abilities, voice, whatever. If Sly Stallone auditioned, he would not be able to claim discrimination for not getting cast. "

Men used to play women in the plays being written in Anne Boleyn's contemporary era Let's give old Sly a chance - maybe Anne of Cleves?!

Reply privately

By *adyJayneWoman
over a year ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

"I want to attract well qualified candidates. I couldn’t care less about their age, gender, race, nationality etc. So I advertise to attract the broadest range of candidates possible. "

That's great.

What practises do you have in place to counter your own subconscious bias when dealing with selection and interview?

Reply privately

By *VineMan
over a year ago

The right place

When buying art

Reply privately

over a year ago

"When buying art"

How is that unjust or disadvantageous to a particular group? It's subjective to your personal/individual taste.

Reply privately

By *VineMan
over a year ago

The right place

When looking for a sperm donar

Reply privately

over a year ago

If someone wants a job as an electrian, but they're colour blind. If someone suffers from severe epilepsy and wants a job using powerful tools, dangerous machinery, or weaponry.

Health and safety legislation will usually trump the Equality Act every single time.

Reply privately

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

"When looking for a sperm donar "

That sounds like a very unappetising kebab

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tuesday afternoons between 1344-1621.

Reply privately

By *iaisonseekerMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

The Equality Act is your friend here. Many forms of discrimination are lawful so long as they can be objective justified.

Whether they should they be lawful is an ethical rather than a legal question.

Reply privately

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

It's acting so ethnicity shouldn't matter however was she the best actress for the job or a tool to use in order to prove how progressive a society we have become? Look at the crap Joseph Fiennes got for playing a black man who altered his skin to become white when he took on the role of Michael Jackson."

I don’t agree with an actor or actress portraying a real person of a different colour. A black actress portraying Anne Boleyn makes as much sense to me as having a white bloke or woman playing Malcolm X.

Brendan Gleason recently played Donald trump and when made up he made a decent approximation for trump. Forrest Whittaker would not have been as convincing in that part. Neither would Tom Hanks or joe Pesci ... it’s not just about ethnicity.

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

"If someone wants a job as an electrian, but they're colour blind. If someone suffers from severe epilepsy and wants a job using powerful tools, dangerous machinery, or weaponry.

Health and safety legislation will usually trump the Equality Act every single time. "

Only if legitimate reasons are put forward and not spurious ones (like "a wheelchair would be dangerous in XYZ situation" when in fact what they mean is "I CBA adapting things for a wheelchair user")

There is funding from the Access to Work scheme to pay for some types of adaptation. I received AtW partial funding to adapt my car, for example, so I could continue to commute to work after my disability started.

Recruiters should be open minded. There's a small number of instances where yes, it is appropriate to "discriminate", for example, I'd be utterly useless working on an offshore oil rig because it simply cannot be adapted for a wheelchair. However, much of the time, recruiters are closed minded, openly biased or use pointless/useless interviewing techniques.

Design the recruitment process properly and you're half way there.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Never ok to discriminate

Reply privately

By *tue555Man
over a year ago

Passed Beyond Reach

James Bond can't be a woman - the character just does not translate.

Though I do like the idea of a Jane Bond 007 establish her own character identity.

Would she be a manising or a womanising character or both for PC?

Reply privately

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

"I want to attract well qualified candidates. I couldn’t care less about their age, gender, race, nationality etc. So I advertise to attract the broadest range of candidates possible.

That's great.

What practises do you have in place to counter your own subconscious bias when dealing with selection and interview?"

Extensive interview training, an experienced and diverse interview panel, rigorous selection criteria and a structured interview process. And ongoing feedback loops involving candidates, headhunters and HR, used to refine the process.

Reply privately

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

"Never ok to discriminate "

Yeah I think we all realise that. I suspect that OP was looking to explore the nuances though, the fact that it probably exists, dig around the shadows a bit. Otherwise this would have been a very short thread.

Reply privately

By *oan of DArcCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Despite what they say, the majority of those that have profiles that say no blacks, no asians, whites only, are racists, nothing to do with preference.

However, I think it's perfectly fine for them to say that. Their bodies, their choice who they have sex with.

Frank "

That was frank, Frank!

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
over a year ago

Terra Firma

War

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

War "

Eh?

Reply privately

By *VineMan
over a year ago

The right place

Should all public toilets be unisex/unigender?

Reply privately

By *VineMan
over a year ago

The right place

Should clothes shops not have a mens wear and women’s wear sections?

Reply privately

By *VineMan
over a year ago

The right place

Should churches, mosques and temples be abolished and amalgamated as generic places of worship?

Reply privately

By *VineMan
over a year ago

The right place

Should car insurance policies not ask for your age?

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
over a year ago

Terra Firma

War

Eh?"

The military discriminate during war. The age of a soldier, too young or too old.

In some circumstances they will not use a specific sex to engage or negotiate. The same for race, when it would inflame a situation.

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

"Should all public toilets be unisex/unigender? "

Many already are and pretty much all disabled loos are already too

Reply privately

By *inkyeroticaCouple
over a year ago

Ampthill

"When it's positive discrimination ;-p"

Discrimination is never positive, or okay! The solution is to address the underlying issues leading to a situation where “positive discrimination” is called for.

I worked for a US software company and an employee was visiting. She mentioned that when she returned she’d be interviewing to find an employee who would be her boss. The successful applicant would have to be gay, otherwise the company wouldn’t have enough representation of gay people in its head count! Madness.

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

"Should clothes shops not have a mens wear and women’s wear sections?"

Is there a need to label clothes by gender? Surely one can just look at the garment and make a decision? No need for separate departments as far as I'm concerned.

My son went delving into a vintage clothes exchange at the weekend and clothes were organised by type and colour. Stereotypically female clothes (like skirts) were on one set of racks but jeans were arranged by colour and fit. I'm pretty sure my son considered some jeans that were "ladies" because he liked the wide leg design with the turn ups..... Which is absolutely fine.

Reply privately

By *VineMan
over a year ago

The right place

"Should all public toilets be unisex/unigender?

Many already are and pretty much all disabled loos are already too "

I agree. There’s no need for men’s and women’s

Reply privately

By *VineMan
over a year ago

The right place

"Should clothes shops not have a mens wear and women’s wear sections?

Is there a need to label clothes by gender? Surely one can just look at the garment and make a decision? No need for separate departments as far as I'm concerned.

My son went delving into a vintage clothes exchange at the weekend and clothes were organised by type and colour. Stereotypically female clothes (like skirts) were on one set of racks but jeans were arranged by colour and fit. I'm pretty sure my son considered some jeans that were "ladies" because he liked the wide leg design with the turn ups..... Which is absolutely fine. "

That’s great but it’s not the norm.

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

"Should car insurance policies not ask for your age? "

Car insurance risk is now based on number of years experience and no claims, not age. A newly qualified 35yo driver will have similarly high premiums to a newly qualified 18yo.

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

My son went delving into a vintage clothes exchange at the weekend and clothes were organised by type and colour. Stereotypically female clothes (like skirts) were on one set of racks but jeans were arranged by colour and fit. I'm pretty sure my son considered some jeans that were "ladies" because he liked the wide leg design with the turn ups..... Which is absolutely fine.

That’s great but it’s not the norm. "

But the question was SHOULD there be men's/women's clothing sections? My (lengthy) answer was no

Reply privately

By *VineMan
over a year ago

The right place

"Should car insurance policies not ask for your age?

Car insurance risk is now based on number of years experience and no claims, not age. A newly qualified 35yo driver will have similarly high premiums to a newly qualified 18yo."

Up to a point that’s true. But policy prices go up when drivers get into their 70s or 80s

Reply privately

By *tue555Man
over a year ago

Passed Beyond Reach

Problem is with discrimination like a lot of things it has been weaponised often used to gain advantage of one group over another for gain.

If you have two identical candidates A and B, for a role that does not have any requirement for any particular traits, from different groups which do you choose?

Reply privately

By *VineMan
over a year ago

The right place

That’s great but it’s not the norm.

But the question was SHOULD there be men's/women's clothing sections? My (lengthy) answer was no "

I can’t see it changing and I’m ok with that discrimination. I find it helpful. Although I like that an alternative option is available

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I will bite.

Hope this gets a debate going !!"

Positive discrimination is illegal, like negative discrimination, in an employment context in the UK.

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

War

Eh?

The military discriminate during war. The age of a soldier, too young or too old.

In some circumstances they will not use a specific sex to engage or negotiate. The same for race, when it would inflame a situation.

"

During the last major war where conscription was used, they modified the age because, to put it bluntly, they ran out of young people. The Germans ended up with units of pensioners and school boys.

The military is an example of where there is legitimate discrimination. I'm a wheelchair user and would be utterly useless patrolling Helmand or whatever. I could get a desk job but would be a hindrance in the case of active service. I could fly an aeroplane but someone would have to help me in and out so not helpful if you have to get airborne in seconds.

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

Car insurance risk is now based on number of years experience and no claims, not age. A newly qualified 35yo driver will have similarly high premiums to a newly qualified 18yo.

Up to a point that’s true. But policy prices go up when drivers get into their 70s or 80s "

Because there's empirical evidence that elderly drivers are at higher risk of accidents unfortunately. It's one of those areas where using a risk-based assessment is probably justified.

Reply privately

By *VineMan
over a year ago

The right place

Up to a point that’s true. But policy prices go up when drivers get into their 70s or 80s

Because there's empirical evidence that elderly drivers are at higher risk of accidents unfortunately. It's one of those areas where using a risk-based assessment is probably justified. "

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
over a year ago

Terra Firma

War

Eh?

During the last major war where conscription was used, they modified the age because, to put it bluntly, they ran out of young people. The Germans ended up with units of pensioners and school boys.

The military is an example of where there is legitimate discrimination. I'm a wheelchair user and would be utterly useless patrolling Helmand or whatever. I could get a desk job but would be a hindrance in the case of active service. I could fly an aeroplane but someone would have to help me in and out so not helpful if you have to get airborne in seconds."

The legitimate discrimination was part of the original question, "when is it okay to discriminate". I think we are both agreeing during wartime, military action

Reply privately

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

Up to a point that’s true. But policy prices go up when drivers get into their 70s or 80s "

Insurance risks are based on facts and actuarial tables. That’s not discrimination

Reply privately

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

"Problem is with discrimination like a lot of things it has been weaponised often used to gain advantage of one group over another for gain.

If you have two identical candidates A and B, for a role that does not have any requirement for any particular traits, from different groups which do you choose? "

You won’t have identical candidates

Reply privately

By *tue555Man
over a year ago

Passed Beyond Reach

"Problem is with discrimination like a lot of things it has been weaponised often used to gain advantage of one group over another for gain.

If you have two identical candidates A and B, for a role that does not have any requirement for any particular traits, from different groups which do you choose?

You won’t have identical candidates "

Meant in ability and suitability

Reply privately

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

Meant in ability and suitability "

If you have a decent eat set of criteria then the chances of finding identical candidates are pretty much zero. I have had some tough choices to make over the users but there is always something in the job fritieria where you can distinguish, even if it’s a close call.

Reply privately

By *tue555Man
over a year ago

Passed Beyond Reach

Meant in ability and suitability

If you have a decent eat set of criteria then the chances of finding identical candidates are pretty much zero. I have had some tough choices to make over the users but there is always something in the job fritieria where you can distinguish, even if it’s a close call. "

Just a hypothetical scenario

Reply privately

over a year ago

When it is beneficial to your safety.

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

"When it is beneficial to your safety. "

Could you expand, perhaps with an example (I'm interested)?

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

"When it is beneficial to your safety.

Could you expand, perhaps with an example (I'm interested)?"

You know the old “treat all men like rapists until proven otherwise”

Reply privately

over a year ago

Never. Judge every situation by the environment and context. If a job requires a specific gender etc then it's not discrimination.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Everyone is discriminatory, a woman walking alone at night will discriminate between two sides of a street if one side has a bar with loads of men outside and the other has loads of women outside. One side will feel safer than the other.

If there are two cages and one has a lion in it and one has a goldfish in a bowl, you discriminate for your safety and choose the goldfish.

Unless you want to be reincarnated as a lion turd.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Everyone is discriminatory, a woman walking alone at night will discriminate between two sides of a street if one side has a bar with loads of men outside and the other has loads of women outside. One side will feel safer than the other.

If there are two cages and one has a lion in it and one has a goldfish in a bowl, you discriminate for your safety and choose the goldfish.

Unless you want to be reincarnated as a lion turd. "

You're dead right with your example. Discrimination means 'unjust' pre judgement though. I would say avoiding the lion cage would be a very justified decision. Not to be a smart arse though, I wasn't knocking you

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

You know the old “treat all men like rapists until proven otherwise” "

But as far as I'm concerned, the example above is NOT justified. It's just plain discrimination. I got in a lift yesterday with a man I'd just met (workplace context). Absolutely no qualms. Are you suggesting that, for example, it without be justified of me to assume all men I've never met are rapists and make them take the stairs?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Unless you want to be reincarnated as a lion turd.

You're dead right with your example. Discrimination means 'unjust' pre judgement though. I would say avoiding the lion cage would be a very justified decision. Not to be a smart arse though, I wasn't knocking you "

But it also means recognition and understanding of the difference between one thing and another. Which is where discrimination and personal safety are sometimes an uncomfortable grey area.

Reply privately

By *iaisonseekerMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

But as far as I'm concerned, the example above is NOT justified. It's just plain discrimination. I got in a lift yesterday with a man I'd just met (workplace context). Absolutely no qualms. Are you suggesting that, for example, it without be justified of me to assume all men I've never met are rapists and make them take the stairs?"

A less extreme example is where refuges for women who have been victims of domestic violence are staffed only by other women. Not because it is presumed all men are violent but out of sensitivity and consideration for traumatised individuals.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Insurance risks are based on facts and actuarial tables. That’s not discrimination "

I suspect you have to prove that age is the cause rather than it being a correlated factor. Not sure how it works on car insurance but was the argument for gender neutral terms.

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

But as far as I'm concerned, the example above is NOT justified. It's just plain discrimination. I got in a lift yesterday with a man I'd just met (workplace context). Absolutely no qualms. Are you suggesting that, for example, it without be justified of me to assume all men I've never met are rapists and make them take the stairs?

A less extreme example is where refuges for women who have been victims of domestic violence are staffed only by other women. Not because it is presumed all men are violent but out of sensitivity and consideration for traumatised individuals."

That's a reasonable discrimination. The same goes for same-gender carers for intimate care (if desired) etc. But I wouldn't say justified if the care is doing the housework or cooking a meal (basically minus personal care).

Reply privately

By *iker boy 69Man
over a year ago

midlands

"Despite what they say, the majority of those that have profiles that say no blacks, no asians, whites only, are racists, nothing to do with preference.

Frank "

Not neccesarily racist. Just because they dont find those people attractive doesnt mean theyre racist. Ive seen profiles saying no bold heads, or fat people. Whats the difference

Reply privately

over a year ago

Frank

Not neccesarily racist. Just because they dont find those people attractive doesnt mean theyre racist. Ive seen profiles saying no bold heads, or fat people. Whats the difference"

some of the women on this forum have no baldies on their profiles.

but where does it stop? do you not meet someone because you have something against a persons faith or because they had a cheese sandwich the day before?

it gets a bit silly all of this. people can make choices on who they wish to meet. many women dont like short guys, its on many profiles that they dont. doesnt mean i message them venting my disapproval demanding fair treatment for shorties. thats just the way it is and you accept it and move on.

saying someone is racist usually comes from those pointing a finger that have 3 pointing back at them

Reply privately

By *agpie and RavenMan
over a year ago

Leicester

Frank

That was frank, Frank! "

Ha, I tend to be

Do you and your partner agree or disagree with what I said?

Reply privately

By *agpie and RavenMan
over a year ago

Leicester

Frank

Not neccesarily racist. Just because they dont find those people attractive doesnt mean theyre racist. Ive seen profiles saying no bold heads, or fat people. Whats the difference"

I said "the majority" of those profiles. And are you seriously telling me you think there are no racist people on this site?

Reply privately

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

"Actors. Where the role to be played requires a particular characteristic/race/trait usually governed by the bounds of discrimination. "

Absolutely. You'd never get away with getting a white guy to play Martin Luther King or Malcom X.

Reply privately

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

You know the old “treat all men like rapists until proven otherwise” "

Hence chaperones. Imagine a male games teacher at an all girls school...

Reply privately

By *agpie and RavenMan
over a year ago

Leicester

Frank

Not neccesarily racist. Just because they dont find those people attractive doesnt mean theyre racist. Ive seen profiles saying no bold heads, or fat people. Whats the difference

some of the women on this forum have no baldies on their profiles.

but where does it stop? do you not meet someone because you have something against a persons faith or because they had a cheese sandwich the day before?

it gets a bit silly all of this. people can make choices on who they wish to meet. many women dont like short guys, its on many profiles that they dont. doesnt mean i message them venting my disapproval demanding fair treatment for shorties. thats just the way it is and you accept it and move on.

saying someone is racist usually comes from those pointing a finger that have 3 pointing back at them"

People don't meet people because if their faith. Muslims?

People don't meet people because they're too short. I know that from first hand.

I've seen profiles were they say they prefer men with hair.

All these are choices that folk can, and do, make about who they want to see. But honestly, are you seriously saying that you think none of the profiles that state no blacks, asians etc are not motivated by racism? I'm not saying they don't have a right, they do, but surely you can't be that naive?

Reply privately

over a year ago

When individuals make their own life choices, like who they date, who they have sex with or who they play games with, they can discriminate. You can call racism or anything you want. That's a matter of how you want to define it. But it's their right. They can do it.

On the other hand, policy decisions for bigger communities/business shouldn't discriminate - like jobs, welfare etc.

Above is based on Western morality. Is positive discrimination right or wrong? That's completely subjective and different people have different opinions on that matter. I am personally against it though.

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

But as far as I'm concerned, the example above is NOT justified. It's just plain discrimination. I got in a lift yesterday with a man I'd just met (workplace context). Absolutely no qualms. Are you suggesting that, for example, it without be justified of me to assume all men I've never met are rapists and make them take the stairs?"

I dunno, not long age there was a national movement telling guts to cross the road away from women for fear we are all potential rapists/murdereds

There was even a suggestion that men be placed on a 6pm curfew

And everyone was absolute on board with that

So you tell me

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

I dunno, not long age there was a national movement telling guts to cross the road away from women for fear we are all potential rapists/murdereds

There was even a suggestion that men be placed on a 6pm curfew

And everyone was absolute on board with that

So you tell me "

A wonderful bit of generalising there. If you were any more sweeping in your statement, there'd be an international brush shortage

Reply privately

By *agpie and RavenMan
over a year ago

Leicester

[Removed by poster at 24/08/21 22:16:08]

Reply privately

By *agpie and RavenMan
over a year ago

Leicester

"When individuals make their own life choices, like who they date, who they have sex with or who they play games with, they can discriminate. You can call racism or anything you want. That's a matter of how you want to define it. But it's their right. They can do it."

Do you think racists exist on this site? A simple yes or no will do.

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

"When individuals make their own life choices, like who they date, who they have sex with or who they play games with, they can discriminate. You can call racism or anything you want. That's a matter of how you want to define it. But it's their right. They can do it.

Do you think racists exist on this site? A simple yes or no will do."

Obviously yes

I imagine they exist in all aspects of life to bvarying degrees

Reply privately

By *agpie and RavenMan
over a year ago

Leicester

"When individuals make their own life choices, like who they date, who they have sex with or who they play games with, they can discriminate. You can call racism or anything you want. That's a matter of how you want to define it. But it's their right. They can do it.

Obviously yes

I imagine they exist in all aspects of life to bvarying degrees"

Thanks for your response, but I quoted and asked the question to lostindreams.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Do you think racists exist on this site? A simple yes or no will do."

The answer is yes. But to what extent depends on how you define racist.

If anyone who prefers to have sex only with a specific race is racist by your definition, the number of racists is huge.

If we change the definition to anyone who thinks that people who belong to a particular race are inherently bad, these kinds of racist also exist, but the numbers are much lower is my guess. But it cannot be proven either way unfortunately.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'd agree with this, if I applied for a job say working on heavy machinery. I wouldn't get the job as I would put myself and others in danger. Also from their insurance point of view I would be too much of a high risk to something going wrong. I am epileptic and my opinion they would be right to discriminate against me.

Reply privately

By *agpie and RavenMan
over a year ago

Leicester

If anyone who prefers to have sex only with a specific race is racist by your definition, the number of racists is huge.

If we change the definition to anyone who thinks that people who belong to a particular race are inherently bad, these kinds of racist also exist, but the numbers are much lower is my guess. But it cannot be proven either way unfortunately."

Thanks for answering. My definition of a racist is someone who dislikes a specific race or races, for whatever reason. You should be a politician by the way.

Reply privately

over a year ago

If we change the definition to anyone who thinks that people who belong to a particular race are inherently bad, these kinds of racist also exist, but the numbers are much lower is my guess. But it cannot be proven either way unfortunately.

Thanks for answering. My definition of a racist is someone who dislikes a specific race or races, for whatever reason. You should be a politician by the way."

Define "dislikes". If a person says I will have sex with only a particular race, does that mean that person dislikes all the other races?

Reply privately

By *agpie and RavenMan
over a year ago

Leicester

Thanks for answering. My definition of a racist is someone who dislikes a specific race or races, for whatever reason. You should be a politician by the way.

Define "dislikes". If a person says I will have sex with only a particular race, does that mean that person dislikes all the other races?"

Yes.

Reply privately

over a year ago

When it's positive discrimination ;-p

Positive discrimination means that someone who is better qualified loses out because of an agenda. I think that’s an awful way to build a team.

I grew up in a disadvantaged area, and I know that that meant I had to do even better in my studies and early jobs etc, rather than getting a free leg-up because of where I grew up.

Positive discrimination too often ends up in tokenism. Tackling root causes of inequality is much more constructive, equality of opportunity rather than a forced equality of outcome. "

Hit the nail on the head, it’s a paper over fix that causes more issues over all for people trying to gain employment and completely ignores the root cause of the problem

Reply privately

over a year ago

Define "dislikes". If a person says I will have sex with only a particular race, does that mean that person dislikes all the other races?

Yes."

Interesting. If a gay man says he will only have sex with men, does that mean he dislikes women? If a woman says she likes to have sex only with tall men, does it mean she dislikes tall men? If a guy says he wants to meet BBW, does it mean he dislikes slim people?

And does it make the above mentioned people bad?

Reply privately

By *agpie and RavenMan
over a year ago

Leicester

Yes.

Interesting. If a gay man says he will only have sex with men, does that mean he dislikes women? If a woman says she likes to have sex only with tall men, does it mean she dislikes tall men? If a guy says he wants to meet BBW, does it mean he dislikes slim people?

And does it make the above mentioned people bad?"

You should change your profile name to Straw Man.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yes.

You should change your profile name to Straw Man. "

It's not straw man. You are just running away from the argument. Race, sex, height and even weight(for some people) are all immutable characteristics. It's hypocrisy to call sexual preference based on one characteristic as bad but other characteristics as good. People have sexual preferences based on what they find visually appealing. If that's a bad thing, we should remove all pictures from fab and let people meet directly without judging the other person's looks.

Reply privately

By *agpie and RavenMan
over a year ago

Leicester

Yes.

It's not straw man. You are just running away from the argument. Race, sex, height and even weight(for some people) are all immutable characteristics. It's hypocrisy to call sexual preference based on one characteristic as bad but other characteristics as good. People have sexual preferences based on what they find visually appealing. If that's a bad thing, we should remove all pictures from fab and let people meet directly without judging the other person's looks."

Yes, you are a straw man. I'm talking about the majority of profiles that say they won't see a black man, or an Asian man or state whites only, are because the profile holders are racists. I've said that they're entitled to their views and who they shag.

You're waffling on about gay men, short men, tall men, fat men, thin men and whatever else you care to mention. You've admitted that there are racists on this site yet you continue to drone on just so you can get the last word

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yes.

It's not straw man. You are just running away from the argument. Race, sex, height and even weight(for some people) are all immutable characteristics. It's hypocrisy to call sexual preference based on one characteristic as bad but other characteristics as good. People have sexual preferences based on what they find visually appealing. If that's a bad thing, we should remove all pictures from fab and let people meet directly without judging the other person's looks.

Yes, you are a straw man. I'm talking about the majority of profiles that say they won't see a black man, or an Asian man or state whites only, are because the profile holders are racists. I've said that they're entitled to their views and who they shag.

You're waffling on about gay men, short men, tall men, fat men, thin men and whatever else you care to mention. You've admitted that there are racists on this site yet you continue to drone on just so you can get the last word "

I admitted that there are racists. But people who want to meet only specific race aren't majority racist as you claim. That's a claim you make without any kind of evidence.

Also, you just said that anyone who doesn't want or only wants to have sex with a specific race are racist. When I criticise you for your hypocrisy with other characteristics that people have preferences on, you can't handle it. All you can do is call me a politician or try to deflect by calling it a strawman

Race is not the only thing someone can be discriminated on. But discrimination is only a problem on social issues. This is a swinger site. People will have sexual preferences based on any characteristics. Calling them racists goes against the basic tenets of sexual freedom.

Reply privately

By *ndreisabelCouple
over a year ago

wigan

Yes.

You're waffling on about gay men, short men, tall men, fat men, thin men and whatever else you care to mention. You've admitted that there are racists on this site yet you continue to drone on just so you can get the last word "

I don't agree the person above as a real good point. All those are physical characteristics that you can't change (height, physical structure, small cock, small ass, etc). But I do believe that is something weird that you don't feel attracted at all because of a certain physical characteristic but that doesn't automatically mean that the person hates the people in such group.

By the way what do you think of all the profiles that say no white man/white people? Are they racist in your opinion?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yes.

You're waffling on about gay men, short men, tall men, fat men, thin men and whatever else you care to mention. You've admitted that there are racists on this site yet you continue to drone on just so you can get the last word

I don't agree the person above as a real good point. All those are physical characteristics that you can't change (height, physical structure, small cock, small ass, etc). But I do believe that is something weird that you don't feel attracted at all because of a certain physical characteristic but that doesn't automatically mean that the person hates the people in such group.

By the way what do you think of all the profiles that say no white man/white people? Are they racist in your opinion?"

Tbf I have seen more profiles with "Black men only" or "No white men" tags than profiles with "No black men" tag.

Interestingly, I have seen plenty of asian couples and white couples who say they are looking to meet black men/women. These are all complex feelings which are hard to unravel. As a swinging community, we should be the first ones to accept and even celebrate people's choices instead of judging them and calling them racists.

Reply privately

By *inkerbell67Woman
over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

You have direct or indirect discrimination, people with mental health are always because people dont understand and are afraid of something they dont understand.

Reply privately

By *ndreisabelCouple
over a year ago

wigan

Exactly.

Yes.

By the way what do you think of all the profiles that say no white man/white people? Are they racist in your opinion?

Tbf I have seen more profiles with "Black men only" or "No white men" tags than profiles with "No black men" tag.

Interestingly, I have seen plenty of asian couples and white couples who say they are looking to meet black men/women. These are all complex feelings which are hard to unravel. As a swinging community, we should be the first ones to accept and even celebrate people's choices instead of judging them and calling them racists."

Let me be honest I understand that people may have preferences. In the end of the day this site is for people to enjoy experiences that they don't have on a daily basis. That's also the reason why some man/women look for someone that is the opposite of their partners. But it's a bit weird when they state they don't feel attracted by a all group of people without exceptions. So I much prefer the approach of saying what your preferences are and that is rare for you to meet outside of it. Just a more sensible way in my opinion.

Because let's face it if your fantasies is been fuck by a group of black guys you will have to discriminate against white guys. But what I really care is not you sexual life but your social and professional life. Do you also discriminate against such group in you day to day life. If yes then you are racist, etc.

Reply privately

By *icentiousCouple
over a year ago

Up on them there hills

Exactly.

Yes.

Interestingly, I have seen plenty of asian couples and white couples who say they are looking to meet black men/women. These are all complex feelings which are hard to unravel. As a swinging community, we should be the first ones to accept and even celebrate people's choices instead of judging them and calling them racists.

Let me be honest I understand that people may have preferences. In the end of the day this site is for people to enjoy experiences that they don't have on a daily basis. That's also the reason why some man/women look for someone that is the opposite of their partners. But it's a bit weird when they state they don't feel attracted by a all group of people without exceptions. So I much prefer the approach of saying what your preferences are and that is rare for you to meet outside of it. Just a more sensible way in my opinion.

Because let's face it if your fantasies is been fuck by a group of black guys you will have to discriminate against white guys. But what I really care is not you sexual life but your social and professional life. Do you also discriminate against such group in you day to day life. If yes then you are racist, etc."

And if you have been r*ped by a group of black guys, is that racist?

To me discriminating (verb) is a behavioural conditioning.

Reply privately

By *ndreisabelCouple
over a year ago

wigan

Exactly.

Yes.

Because let's face it if your fantasies is been fuck by a group of black guys you will have to discriminate against white guys. But what I really care is not you sexual life but your social and professional life. Do you also discriminate against such group in you day to day life. If yes then you are racist, etc.

To me discriminating (verb) is a behavioural conditioning."

Reply privately

By *agpie and RavenMan
over a year ago

Leicester

[Removed by poster at 25/08/21 06:47:09]

Reply privately

By *agpie and RavenMan
over a year ago

Leicester

Exactly.

Yes.

"

I fail to see where I've been hypocritical and yes, I still very much think you're a straw man.

For some reason, some swingers feel they are a separate breed from society, but guess what, swingers reflect society. There are intelligent ones, lazy ones, innovative ones, ugly ones, beautiful ones, thick ones, average ones, tall ones, short ones, bi ones, gay ones. There are also racist ones.

Frank

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

But those people you might not want to fuck might just not be your type or be attracted enough to them to fuck but yes l also get your point that people might just not want to have sex with someone because of other reasons like ethnicity.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Exactly.

Yes.

Because let's face it if your fantasies is been fuck by a group of black guys you will have to discriminate against white guys. But what I really care is not you sexual life but your social and professional life. Do you also discriminate against such group in you day to day life. If yes then you are racist, etc."

Reply privately

over a year ago

Exactly.

Yes.

I fail to see where I've been hypocritical and yes, I still very much think you're a straw man.

For some reason, some swingers feel they are a separate breed from society, but guess what, swingers reflect society. There are intelligent ones, lazy ones, innovative ones, ugly ones, beautiful ones, thick ones, average ones, tall ones, short ones, bi ones, gay ones. There are also racist ones.

Frank

"

Again, you are missing the whole point. There are racists just like you find in any society from any country. I am pointing out the mistake in your definition of racist. Someone wanting to have sex with only one race doesn't make that person a racist because it would make almost everyone on this website some kind of a bigot. Swingers are not a special breed. But swinging as an activity is special. It comes out of moral reasoning that you don't judge someone for their sexual preferences. Saying that "I am swinger. But I judge other people for their sexual preferences" is downright hypocritical.

Reply privately

By *ndreisabelCouple
over a year ago

wigan

Exactly.

Yes.

Frank

"

Funny how you didn't reply to my question...

Reply privately

By *TastePurpleWoman
over a year ago

Wymondham

I really don't understand "No "insert skin colour here" " profiles, I personally find it very off putting. "White" people make up less than 1/6 people worldwide, so I find it very odd that people will say they "don't find" more than 5/6s of the world's population attractive due to skin colour. There's such a diverse mix of people worldwide that saying you won't have sex with people of any skin tone other than your own just smacks of internalised racism.

I won't meet any couples or individuals who have a "no black guys" or similar on their profile. I also find it quite off putting when people ask if I'm into "black" cock or similar. I judge cock and people on an individual basis and find fetishizing People for skin colour quite off putting.

Never mind getting into the fact that "race" is a concept made up by white europeans in years past to make themselves seem more superior and partly justify violently colonising "uncivilised" nations of brown and black skinned people. You know, the same people who thought phrenology and eugenics were fine and dandy...

Anyway, rant over but I hope my point gets across.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I really don't understand "No "insert skin colour here" " profiles, I personally find it very off putting. "White" people make up less than 1/6 people worldwide, so I find it very odd that people will say they "don't find" more than 5/6s of the world's population attractive due to skin colour. There's such a diverse mix of people worldwide that saying you won't have sex with people of any skin tone other than your own just smacks of internalised racism.

I won't meet any couples or individuals who have a "no black guys" or similar on their profile. I also find it quite off putting when people ask if I'm into "black" cock or similar. I judge cock and people on an individual basis and find fetishizing People for skin colour quite off putting.

Never mind getting into the fact that "race" is a concept made up by white europeans in years past to make themselves seem more superior and partly justify violently colonising "uncivilised" nations of brown and black skinned people. You know, the same people who thought phrenology and eugenics were fine and dandy...

Anyway, rant over but I hope my point gets across. "

It has to do a lot with how people's sexual fantasies develop. It's not just about white people. I have seen plenty of Indian people who don't find white people attractive at all and they would rather have sex with Indians than with people from other countries.

Again why do you find it odd that people don't find 5/6th of the population not attractive? There are women who want guys taller than 6 feet which also puts a major proportion of the population out of their choice. Same with homosexuality. Homosexuals look for people who are also homosexuals or at least bisexual. Again, a niche segment.

It's simple. People develop their sexual preferences through all their experiences they had in their lives. Skin colour is just one of it.

Reply privately

By *inkyeroticaCouple
over a year ago

Ampthill

"Not neccesarily racist. Just because they dont find those people attractive doesnt mean theyre racist. Ive seen profiles saying no bold heads, or fat people. Whats the difference"

Because being fat or bald are attributes common to all races, like beards, or tattoos. That becomes a preference. If the sole factor deciding is the person’s ethnicity, then its racism pure and simple.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Is being anything but bi sexism ?

(Devil advocate here)

Are age filters ageist ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Not neccesarily racist. Just because they dont find those people attractive doesnt mean theyre racist. Ive seen profiles saying no bold heads, or fat people. Whats the difference

Because being fat or bald are attributes common to all races, like beards, or tattoos. That becomes a preference. If the sole factor deciding is the person’s ethnicity, then its racism pure and simple."

So having sex only with males/females is sexist?

Reply privately

By *TastePurpleWoman
over a year ago

Wymondham

No. Gender /sexual orientation are quite different to "race" (which is a made up concept created to discriminate against non white people in the first place).

Being gay is innate whereas IMO not wanting to bang e.g. black guys is a learned behaviour and tied up in centuries of racism, prejudice against "interracial" relationships etc

Reply privately

over a year ago

"No. Gender /sexual orientation are quite different to "race" (which is a made up concept created to discriminate against non white people in the first place).

Being gay is innate whereas IMO not wanting to bang e.g. black guys is a learned behaviour and tied up in centuries of racism, prejudice against "interracial" relationships etc"

How is skin colour a made up concept? You are making a huge assumption without evidence that these preferences are based on centuries of racial prejudice.

I have seen white people looking for only white/only asian/only black, black people looking for onle white/only asian/only black and asian people looking for only white/only asian/only black. Essentially people from all races look for people from all specific races. If centuries of racial prejudice is reason, this won't be the case, only specific races will be rejected by all people.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"No. Gender /sexual orientation are quite different to "race" (which is a made up concept created to discriminate against non white people in the first place).

Being gay is innate whereas IMO not wanting to bang e.g. black guys is a learned behaviour and tied up in centuries of racism, prejudice against "interracial" relationships etc"

Ooooorrrr, you are just more attracted in general to one rather than the other. It doesn't have to come from a racist place, it's not saying "x group are ugly" it's just being more attracted to y group. And when we are talking about sex, attraction is pretty important?

And, I also don't see the people who say "no this, no that, no x, no y“ as racist either, it is mostly women who do so and they do so either to heighten the sexual experience they have or to put themselves in what THEY see as a safer position when meeting strangers off the interweb.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I am frankly surprised about how people on fab can't get this simple fact. Just like you have preferences in height and body shape, others can have preferences in skin colour. For you, skin colour playing a part in visual appeal may not make sense. But it may make sense for others.

People are different. Everyone has different aesthetic sense. It is silly to bring racism into this matter and try to take a moral high ground just because your own aesthetic sense doesn't involve colour while others' does. These are not matters people should be judged upon. Live and let live.

Reply privately

By *wistedTooCouple
over a year ago

Frimley

"Being gay is innate whereas IMO not wanting to bang e.g. black guys is a learned behaviour and tied up in centuries of racism, prejudice against "interracial" relationships etc"

This is one of the stupidest comments I’ve read on here and I’ve read a lot of them. Sorry, it’s utter rubbish.

Reply privately

By *wistedTooCouple
over a year ago

Frimley

"It is silly to bring racism into this matter and try to take a moral high ground just because your own aesthetic sense doesn't involve colour while others' does. These are not matters people should be judged upon. Live and let live."

It is 100% disgusting to bring racism into sexual preference at all here. I’m shocked that the post you’re referring to even got written let alone posted. It’s awful to suggest that if someone doesn’t want to fuck someone of a certain race because they’re not attracted to lighter or darker skin types - on a sex site! - they are somehow institutionalised into a racist mind. That’s awful to say. Basically saying if you don’t fancy every race of people you’re a racist? What on earth?

Reply privately

By *wistedTooCouple
over a year ago

Frimley

The people spouting on here about racism are the people who genuinely like it existing because it gives them something to virtue signal about. Racism is kept alive in part, by these people.

Reply privately

By *ex37rWoman
over a year ago

denton

"Sex!

I discriminate against whole groups of people and will not fuck them, no matter how much they whine about discrimination/ racism/ ageism/ heightism/ sizeism/ whateverism. "

Is this discrimination though ? does preference become discrimination in this scenario? I hope not

Reply privately

By *inkyeroticaCouple
over a year ago

Ampthill

"The people spouting on here about racism are the people who genuinely like it existing because it gives them something to virtue signal about. Racism is kept alive in part, by these people."

You read some bullshit on the internet, but that statement is a steaming pile of turd with a sprig of parsley and a slice of lemon on the side!

Quite possibly the most stupid and inaccurate statement I’ve ever read on the subject of racism.

Reply privately

over a year ago

https://youtu.be/HqiWFLsgVi4

Just gonna leave this here...

Reply privately

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The people spouting on here about racism are the people who genuinely like it existing because it gives them something to virtue signal about. Racism is kept alive in part, by these people.

You read some bullshit on the internet, but that statement is a steaming pile of turd with a sprig of parsley and a slice of lemon on the side!

Quite possibly the most stupid and inaccurate statement I’ve ever read on the subject of racism."

The more we talk about differences, the more we notice differences...

https://youtu.be/GeixtYS-P3s

Reply privately

By *TastePurpleWoman
over a year ago

Wymondham

"The people spouting on here about racism are the people who genuinely like it existing because it gives them something to virtue signal about. Racism is kept alive in part, by these people.

Quite possibly the most stupid and inaccurate statement I’ve ever read on the subject of racism."

My thoughts exactly, though better put! I don't care at all about virtue signalling. I don't want to win any points. If anything I seem to be losing them here.

Preferences are one thing: I often fancy curvy women with big bums and less often fancy dad bod guys with hairy chests, but exceptions occur and sometimes I like a Daddy type ;P

I've seen plenty of profiles that essentially say "no black guys or asian" regardless of if they're tall, fat, short, hairy, well endowed or tiny, etc. I just don't understand how you could exclude 5/6ths or more of the world's population who can vary so wildly in appearance.

Also of course non-white people can be racist, humans have been discriminating against other tribes, ethnic groups and such for a long time. I find it offputting in all cases.

But race in the way it's typically meant in western society is a concept that was mostly invented and used to justify sl@very, colonialism and other atrocities. It wasn't that long ago in england that black-white couples were heavily prejudiced against and I think we see a hangover of this with the attitudes of some people on here.

Anyway maybe I'm wrong, that's just my two cents.

Also re: poster above do you disagree that sexuality e.g. being a homosexual woman is innate?

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

Being gay is innate whereas IMO not wanting to bang e.g. black guys is a learned behaviour and tied up in centuries of racism, prejudice against "interracial" relationships etc

"

More

Reply privately

By *iker boy 69Man
over a year ago

midlands

Frank

I said "the majority" of those profiles. And are you seriously telling me you think there are no racist people on this site? "

Of course there are racists on here, but ssying they are automatically racist for posting no whatever is wrong

Reply privately

over a year ago

Quite possibly the most stupid and inaccurate statement I’ve ever read on the subject of racism.

My thoughts exactly, though better put! I don't care at all about virtue signalling. I don't want to win any points. If anything I seem to be losing them here.

Preferences are one thing: I often fancy curvy women with big bums and less often fancy dad bod guys with hairy chests, but exceptions occur and sometimes I like a Daddy type ;P

I've seen plenty of profiles that essentially say "no black guys or asian" regardless of if they're tall, fat, short, hairy, well endowed or tiny, etc. I just don't understand how you could exclude 5/6ths or more of the world's population who can vary so wildly in appearance.

Also of course non-white people can be racist, humans have been discriminating against other tribes, ethnic groups and such for a long time. I find it offputting in all cases.

But race in the way it's typically meant in western society is a concept that was mostly invented and used to justify sl@very, colonialism and other atrocities. It wasn't that long ago in england that black-white couples were heavily prejudiced against and I think we see a hangover of this with the attitudes of some people on here.

Anyway maybe I'm wrong, that's just my two cents.

Also re: poster above do you disagree that sexuality e.g. being a homosexual woman is innate? "

Your whole argument seems to be on the basis that "I cannot possibly have preferences on skin colour. How can others can? If others do, I would call it racist." Not everyone has the same reactions to visual stimulants like you. People are different.

Your have two other points.

* It is weird that people opt-out of 5/6th of the population.

* It is ok to discriminate based on an immutable characteristic if it's innate birth quality.

When it comes to preferences, population size doesn't matter. I prefer women who are dominant. That limits my choice to a very minimal subset. But I stick to that. There is nothing weird about it.

I believe that homosexuality is innate. But that was not my argument. Good/Bad shouldn't be based on whether something is innate or not. Is my liking towards dominant women innate or something I learnt over time? No one knows. But that's not something you use to measure if something is morally right or wrong.

When people say I prefer Black/White/Asian, it simply means they prefer those skin colours which are more visually appealing to them. Why do you rush into a negative conclusion that it's based on historic racism in England? There is no evidence to back up your claim. But there is enough evidence against it. If it is indeed based on England's history of oppression, you won't see Asians preferring only black men. Even back in India, I have seen women have skin colour preferences ranging from dark skin to white skin among Indian men. So skin colour preferences do not directly imply racism.

Not sure if you have interacted with people from multiple cultures. You will find weird preferences when it comes to looks. I even know a friend who would only meet men who have thick moustache and she eventually also married a guy with such a moustache. Do these preferences make any logical sense? Not at all. We don't understand where these come from. It's wrong to jump into a conclusion that racism is the reason. We just have to accept it and not judge people based on it.

Reply privately

By *wistedTooCouple
over a year ago

Frimley

You’re wrong.

Reply privately

By *parkle1974Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

Discrimination is never ok.

Reply privately

By *igtatsMan
over a year ago

gravesend

Who cares focus on being nice and loving

Reply privately

By *inkyeroticaCouple
over a year ago

Ampthill

You’re wrong."

Explain why… why would wanting to see a world rid of racism, where everyone was treated equally regardless of race mean I and others holding the same view like it existing?

Reply privately

By *wistedTooCouple
over a year ago

Frimley

You’re wrong.

Explain why… why would wanting to see a world rid of racism, where everyone was treated equally regardless of race mean I and others holding the same view like it existing?"

I don’t disagree with that. You are wrong about sexual preference and racism and you are wrong that perpetuating those views is not keeping the thread alive. Racism is not about sexual preference, it is about prejudice. Treating others badly because of the colour of their skin. Not if you’ll fuck them or not. That is insane.

For the record, We don’t have those preferences. We take everyone as they come and we are attracted to people of all races. But that does not mean we think it’s wrong to not be. And that is the argument.

Reply privately

By *inkyeroticaCouple
over a year ago

Ampthill

"You are wrong about sexual preference and racism and you are wrong that perpetuating those views is not keeping the thread alive. Racism is not about sexual preference, it is about prejudice."

…and to exclude an ethnic or racial group purely on the grounds of their race or ethnicity is exactly that! I’m not seeing how someone could say “I don’t find any (insert race here) men / women attractive” unless they have seen every person of that race / ethnicity.

I’m out.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"You are wrong about sexual preference and racism and you are wrong that perpetuating those views is not keeping the thread alive. Racism is not about sexual preference, it is about prejudice.

…and to exclude an ethnic or racial group purely on the grounds of their race or ethnicity is exactly that! I’m not seeing how someone could say “I don’t find any (insert race here) men / women attractive” unless they have seen every person of that race / ethnicity.

I’m out."

And we are saying that this argument is wrong. How can anyone say that I don't find men shorter than 6 feet attractive unless they have seen every person of that height? Just like that, visual appeal varies for different people.

Seriously, why is this simple concept hard to get for many people?

Reply privately

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

"I really don't understand "No "insert skin colour here" " profiles, I personally find it very off putting.. "

But you are ageist, as 20 to 45 is your preferred age range. That's fine with me. Even if I am 50. It's something I just have to accept as an adult.

We all have the right to choose who we want to sleep with. End of.

Happy fabbing.

Reply privately

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

"Discrimination is never ok."

I think we all get that, but OP was clearly trying to provoke discussion around the edges of the topic, getting people to give it some thought, which most have done.

Reply privately

By *agpie and RavenMan
over a year ago

Leicester

Exactly.

Yes.

Frank

Funny how you didn't reply to my question... "

I didn't respond to you as I'm putting you in the same category as lostindreams, that is it's like playing chess with a pigeon.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Exactly.

Yes.

Frank

I didn't respond to you as I'm putting you in the same category as lostindreams, that is it's like playing chess with a pigeon."

I envy your debating skills. Don't have an answer? Throw insults at them. Should work wonders.

Reply privately

By *ndreisabelCouple
over a year ago

wigan

Exactly.

Yes.

Frank

I didn't respond to you as I'm putting you in the same category as lostindreams, that is it's like playing chess with a pigeon."

Funny it makes me wonder if you are the type that believes that you can't be racist to white?!

Because your argument is, if you treat everyone as equal in your social and professional life but on your swinger life you only meet people that you feel attracted to it makes you a racist because you may not be interested in a certain race.

Racism definition:

The inability or refusal to recognize the rights, needs, dignity, or value of people of particular races or geographical origins. More widely, the devaluation of various traits of character or intelligence as 'typical' of particular peoples.The category of race may itself be challenged, as implying an inference from trivial superficial differences of appearance to allegedly significant underlying differences of nature; increasingly evolutionary evidence suggests that the dispersal of one original people into different geographical locations is a relatively recent and genetically insignificant matter.

So I will like to know were it says that if you don't feel sexual attracted for a certain "race" you are racist?

I'm a short guy from a Latin country. A lot of women don't feel attracted to be because of my height or because my culture values are different and in a social meet we will not "click". I don't see a problem if they still treat me with dignity, respect my rights and they don't feel like they are superior to me just because of their nationality or physical characteristics.

But apparently I may be wrong...

Reply privately

By *agpie and RavenMan
over a year ago

Leicester

Exactly.

Yes.

Frank

I didn't respond to you as I'm putting you in the same category as lostindreams, that is it's like playing chess with a pigeon.

Funny it makes me wonder if you are the type that believes that you can't be racist to white?!

Because your argument is, if you treat everyone as equal in your social and professional life but on your swinger life you only meet people that you feel attracted to it makes you a racist because you may not be interested in a certain race.

Racism definition:

The inability or refusal to recognize the rights, needs, dignity, or value of people of particular races or geographical origins. More widely, the devaluation of various traits of character or intelligence as 'typical' of particular peoples.The category of race may itself be challenged, as implying an inference from trivial superficial differences of appearance to allegedly significant underlying differences of nature; increasingly evolutionary evidence suggests that the dispersal of one original people into different geographical locations is a relatively recent and genetically insignificant matter.

So I will like to know were it says that if you don't feel sexual attracted for a certain "race" you are racist?

I'm a short guy from a Latin country. A lot of women don't feel attracted to be because of my height or because my culture values are different and in a social meet we will not "click". I don't see a problem if they still treat me with dignity, respect my rights and they don't feel like they are superior to me just because of their nationality or physical characteristics.

"

This is going to be my last response on this thread. Here is my original post:

However, I think it's perfectly fine for them to say that. Their bodies, their choice who they have sex with."

Now, I want you to read it very carefully... Done? Please, where does it say here, or in any of my subsequent responses, that I don't believe that anyone can be racist against whites, as you appear to have come to the conclusion? Where do I say we should treat everyone equally? Nowhere is the answer to both questions.

Don't I say it's perfectly fine for racists to fuck who they want? I clearly say that. lostindreams agrees there are racists on this site. That's good enough for me. All the rest from you and lostindreams are conclusions based on supposition, i.e., straw man argument with a major dose of pigeon chess.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Exactly.

Yes.

Frank

Racism definition:

This is going to be my last response on this thread. Here is my original post:

However, I think it's perfectly fine for them to say that. Their bodies, their choice who they have sex with."

Now, I want you to read it very carefully... Done? Please, where does it say here, or in any of my subsequent responses, that I don't believe that anyone can be racist against whites, as you appear to have come to the conclusion? Where do I say we should treat everyone equally? Nowhere is the answer to both questions.

Don't I say it's perfectly fine for racists to fuck who they want? I clearly say that. lostindreams agrees there are racists on this site. That's good enough for me. All the rest from you and lostindreams are conclusions based on supposition, i.e., straw man argument with a major dose of pigeon chess."

Your post clearly says one cannot be racist against whites. You have said "profiles that say no blacks, no asians, whites only, are racists". Why doesn't that include profiles that say "blacks only"?

If someone says white only, that's racist but if someone says black only, that's fine? That's the hypocrisy I have been pointing out. Your answer is probably using words like straw man or pigeon chess without even understanding their meanings.

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

The answer to all this is to just say no thank you to everyone you don’t like and don’t explain why

Who cares if they think it’s racist or not? Not gonna change the fact they’re not gonna meet you.

Also anyone that won’t meet me after I message them “FAF” is obviously racist against whites, heightist cos I’m not 6’0 and every other -ist I can think of

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Sex!

I discriminate against whole groups of people and will not fuck them, no matter how much they whine about discrimination/ racism/ ageism/ heightism/ sizeism/ whateverism.

Is this discrimination though ? does preference become discrimination in this scenario? I hope not "

Some people seem to think so.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The answer to all this is to just say no thank you to everyone you don’t like and don’t explain why

Who cares if they think it’s racist or not? Not gonna change the fact they’re not gonna meet you.

Also anyone that won’t meet me after I message them “FAF” is obviously racist against whites, heightist cos I’m not 6’0 and every other -ist I can think of "

Reply privately

By *inkyeroticaCouple
over a year ago

Ampthill

"… More widely, the devaluation of various traits of character or intelligence as 'typical' of particular peoples…"

Using that part of the definition…

Saying “I don’t find (insert race here) attractive” is racist.

Saying “I’ve yet to meet a (insert race here) person I find attractive” wouldn’t be, as you’ve not met them all.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"… More widely, the devaluation of various traits of character or intelligence as 'typical' of particular peoples…

Saying “I’ve yet to meet a (insert race here) person I find attractive” wouldn’t be, as you’ve not met them all."

Not really. The definition says "traits of character or intelligence". Skin colour is not a trait of character. And no one is devaluing it either. Some people saying I don't personally like eating chocolates doesn't mean they are devaluing chocolates. It's a personal choice. Same applies for skin colour too.

And then there is the usual argument of should everyone also say "I am yet to meet a short person I find attractive" instead of "I don't find short people attractive" until they have met every short person in the world? That's going into language policing territory.

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

"… More widely, the devaluation of various traits of character or intelligence as 'typical' of particular peoples…

Saying “I’ve yet to meet a (insert race here) person I find attractive” wouldn’t be, as you’ve not met them all.

Not really. The definition says "traits of character or intelligence". Skin colour is not a trait of character. And no one is devaluing it either. Some people saying I don't personally like eating chocolates doesn't mean they are devaluing chocolates. It's a personal choice. Same applies for skin colour too.

And then there is the usual argument of should everyone also say "I am yet to meet a short person I find attractive" instead of "I don't find short people attractive" until they have met every short person in the world? That's going into language policing territory."

Skin colour is definitely a trait. Biology speaking, a trait is something encoded for on your genes. Skin colour is most definitely encoded for on your genes.

Literally definition: "a genetically inherited characteristic".

A characteristic is something you can observe in a person. The technical word is phenotype. Skin colour is an observable characteristic, or phenotypic trait. The genes that encode that skin colour is the genotype. Genotype gives phenotype.

Reply privately

over a year ago

And then there is the usual argument of should everyone also say "I am yet to meet a short person I find attractive" instead of "I don't find short people attractive" until they have met every short person in the world? That's going into language policing territory.

Skin colour is definitely a trait. Biology speaking, a trait is something encoded for on your genes. Skin colour is most definitely encoded for on your genes.

A characteristic is something you can observe in a person. The technical word is phenotype. Skin colour is an observable characteristic, or phenotypic trait. The genes that encode that skin colour is the genotype. Genotype gives phenotype."

We are not talking about any traits. The definition is on "trait of character". Skin colour is a trait. It's not a trait of character though.

Saying "I am not physically attracted to Asian men" is not racist.

But saying "Asian men are liars" is racist because it devalues their character.

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

A characteristic is something you can observe in a person. The technical word is phenotype. Skin colour is an observable characteristic, or phenotypic trait. The genes that encode that skin colour is the genotype. Genotype gives phenotype.

We are not talking about any traits. The definition is on "trait of character". Skin colour is a trait. It's not a trait of character though.

But saying "Asian men are liars" is racist because it devalues their character."

Being Asian (or other ethnicity) is inherent, genetically encoded and cannot be changed. Lumping all people from that ethnic group into one homogeneous statement is, to me, racist. But that's me.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Being Asian (or other ethnicity) is inherent, genetically encoded and cannot be changed. Lumping all people from that ethnic group into one homogeneous statement is, to me, racist. But that's me. "

Again, the same logic applies to height too. It is genetically encoded and cannot be changed. By that definition, saying that I am not physically attracted to short people is bigotry too. Same with baldness and even physique (to an extent).

When someone says "I am not physically attracted to someone with certain trait", no matter what trait it is, that person is just making a personal choice. There is no reason to judge the person or call that person a bigot.

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

Being Asian (or other ethnicity) is inherent, genetically encoded and cannot be changed. Lumping all people from that ethnic group into one homogeneous statement is, to me, racist. But that's me.

Again, the same logic applies to height too. It is genetically encoded and cannot be changed. By that definition, saying that I am not physically attracted to short people is bigotry too. Same with baldness and even physique (to an extent).

When someone says "I am not physically attracted to someone with certain trait", no matter what trait it is, that person is just making a personal choice. There is no reason to judge the person or call that person a bigot."

Height is not entirely encoded genetically. There is an environmental component too. Things like nutrition, disease and injury all can impact the height achieved at adulthood. Hence the stunting of growth in people who are under nourished. I'm not trying to give a Biology lesson here, but of all the inherent characteristics that a person cannot change, cover up or hide with any ease, it's ethnicity. You can try and bleach your skin or apply fake tan but you cannot change every square centimetre, permenantly.

Things like baldness can, if desired, be masked with a wig. Weight can be altered via diet and exercise (the genetic component to this is difficult to pin down fully). It is possible, if money were not an object, to transition fully from one gender to another. But if you are a black African trans person, you cannot change your skin colour and ethnic group, not can a white trans person change theirs.

Ethnicity is absolutely immovable and one of the most fundamental parts of one's identity. To suggest that someone does not want to even consider a person of XYZ ethnicity as a romantic or sexual partner does appear, to me least, discriminatory.

Reply privately

over a year ago

When considering job aplicants for a pot washing job because as we all know females have smaller feet so they can stand closer to the sink......

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

"When considering job aplicants for a pot washing job because as we all know females have smaller feet so they can stand closer to the sink...... "

We choose men with small penises for much the same reason

Reply privately

over a year ago

"When considering job aplicants for a pot washing job because as we all know females have smaller feet so they can stand closer to the sink......

We choose men with small penises for much the same reason "

so they can stand closer to the sink?

Reply privately

over a year ago

When someone says "I am not physically attracted to someone with certain trait", no matter what trait it is, that person is just making a personal choice. There is no reason to judge the person or call that person a bigot.

Height is not entirely encoded genetically. There is an environmental component too. Things like nutrition, disease and injury all can impact the height achieved at adulthood. Hence the stunting of growth in people who are under nourished. I'm not trying to give a Biology lesson here, but of all the inherent characteristics that a person cannot change, cover up or hide with any ease, it's ethnicity. You can try and bleach your skin or apply fake tan but you cannot change every square centimetre, permenantly.

Things like baldness can, if desired, be masked with a wig. Weight can be altered via diet and exercise (the genetic component to this is difficult to pin down fully). It is possible, if money were not an object, to transition fully from one gender to another. But if you are a black African trans person, you cannot change your skin colour and ethnic group, not can a white trans person change theirs.

Ethnicity is absolutely immovable and one of the most fundamental parts of one's identity. To suggest that someone does not want to even consider a person of XYZ ethnicity as a romantic or sexual partner does appear, to me least, discriminatory. "

Height is genetically coded. If nutrition and disease affects someone's height, it means something bad has happened to that person, not something someone does intentionally.

If wig is an excuse to claim that discriminating based on baldness is ok, then mask can also be used as an excuse for skin colour. Hell, one can even go full Michael Jackson and use plastic surgery. Will a girl who doesn't like bald guys get into relationship with a guy who wears wig? Bottomline is the person has an expectation that is decided based on genes.

A major portion in everyone's physical appearance is genetic. What one person finds physically attractive is always going to have a major genetic factor involved. There is no way out of it.

This is what I am seeing here. Everyone has physical traits which they consider important to be attractive. For some people, one of the traits is skin colour. All the other people who don't consider that trait have decided to take moral high ground and call them racists. When asked to check out their own hypocrisy, I find smart people going out of their way to find illogical excuses for how they are good people and others are racists. Probably something to do with their political ideologies.

You are saying that height is not a genetic factor and using a wig to cover baldness is somehow an excuse for people having preference on baldness. One person said that having a favourite skin colour would put a big chunk of the population out of reach while every preference does the same thing and I don't even know how this is linked to racism.

Almost every evidence points that people who have skin colour preferences are not automatically racist(Some maybe. I am not denying that.) There are Asians and white people who want to meet only black people. I have seen profiles with every possible permutation of their own skin colour and their preferences. Even within a country like India, most people have preferences on lighter shades of brown and darker shades of brown.

Having preference on skin colour is normal and not automatically linked to racism. Saying that I will have certain sexual preferences which no one should judge, but I will judge others' preferences is hypocritical and totally goes against liberal values. Calling someone a racist is same as swearing. Just like swearing, one must put deep thought into it before calling someone a racist. Using it randomly like this is plain wrong and above all, counter-productive.

Reply privately