Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Maturity

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So I was reading/following a few threads yesterday. And within minutes some people starting getting so mean towards each other. Quite frankly over nothing. I mean come on folks this is supposed to an adult site with people of certain maturity.

What happend to the old philosophy 'if you've go nothing nice to say then don't say nothing'.

You know it's only 'dating'. Online.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *tue555Man
over a year ago

Passed Beyond Reach

"So I was reading/following a few threads yesterday. And within minutes some people starting getting so mean towards each other. Quite frankly over nothing. I mean come on folks this is supposed to an adult site with people of certain maturity.

What happend to the old philosophy 'if you've go nothing nice to say then don't say nothing'.

You know it's only 'dating'. Online. "

Welcome to forums

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

OP, I think sometimes people get carried away in the heat of the moment when it is a about a topic they feel strongly about. I do sometimes when it is about climate change and environmental stuff or when I feel really strongly about something. No excuse though to be horrible really.

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

Would I want to read forums with just people being ‘nice’ to each other ? Sounds a bit bland and boring to me.

There’s nothing wrong with a bit of debate and sharing of opinions. So if one or two get quite heated, good, at least those people believe in standing up for themselves.

I have been on all sorts of forums over the last few years, anything from running to motorcycle forums. Every single one has had some sort of debate that gets a bit too personal at times, but good fun to read. Which means that you’ll keep going back and spending time reading through and even occasionally learning something new.

By *an hjCouple
over a year ago

Stowmarket

[Removed by poster at 23/08/21 16:00:28]

By *an hjCouple
over a year ago

Stowmarket

"So I was reading/following a few threads yesterday. And within minutes some people starting getting so mean towards each other. Quite frankly over nothing. I mean come on folks this is supposed to an adult site with people of certain maturity.

Got me with two words there, " maturity " and "adult", not something I associate with the forums.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"Would I want to read forums with just people being ‘nice’ to each other ? Sounds a bit bland and boring to me.

There’s nothing wrong with a bit of debate and sharing of opinions. So if one or two get quite heated, good, at least those people believe in standing up for themselves.

I have been on all sorts of forums over the last few years, anything from running to motorcycle forums. Every single one has had some sort of debate that gets a bit too personal at times, but good fun to read. Which means that you’ll keep going back and spending time reading through and even occasionally learning something new. "

Absolutely - a healthy debate with mutual respect is awesome. Name calling is not so productive.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Would I want to read forums with just people being ‘nice’ to each other ? Sounds a bit bland and boring to me.

I have been on all sorts of forums over the last few years, anything from running to motorcycle forums. Every single one has had some sort of debate that gets a bit too personal at times, but good fun to read. Which means that you’ll keep going back and spending time reading through and even occasionally learning something new. "

By *izzy.miss.lizzyCouple
over a year ago

Pembrokeshire

Thank you. Beat me to it. It needs saying.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Its just a difference of opinions, the debate on here sometimes goes really well, then sometimes it goes to a pile of shit, emotions run high and people get carried away, It gets boring when someone tries to force their opinion on others over and over on the same thread

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

A quick story about forums.

Quite a few years ago when I was really into running I joined the runners world website that has a very active forum section. It’s brilliant for getting advice on training and even has some threads encouraging people to meet up at races as a runner or supporter.

One of the magical moments running the London Marathon was having a bunch of people shouting support from a runners forum thread. I had put up my number and picture of what I would be wearing so they’d recognise me. It was great running by them and getting that support

However as with any forum, when someone famous dies a thread will be created and people will comment. So this famous guy died and as he was a marathon runner I knew the thread would garner plenty of interest and replies. I still recall a few to this day, especially about his marathon times. But unusually for someone who has recently died a comment appeared that was very negative about the recently deceased.

It said something like ‘not everything has come out just yet, but he was an evil bastard’

Naturally this person got plenty of vitriol aimed at them, the guy ran for charities, not the right time to bring up negatively etc…

You’ve probably guessed who had died, but for those at the back it was Jimmy Saville.

I’ve never forgotten that thread and the amount of criticism that person got, but by god they were right and fully vindicated later.

So for me I like a good debate as some can be memorable

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

The people I trust least in life and especially in fab are those who are permanently nice.

The all things to all men approach where they agree with everything and an inability to express an original opinion of their own is not appealing at all.

It's possible to have an adult conversation without resorting to name calling or taking it personally but I'd rather people had the courage of their convictions

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"A quick story about forums.

Quite a few years ago when I was really into running I joined the runners world website that has a very active forum section. It’s brilliant for getting advice on training and even has some threads encouraging people to meet up at races as a runner or supporter.

One of the magical moments running the London Marathon was having a bunch of people shouting support from a runners forum thread. I had put up my number and picture of what I would be wearing so they’d recognise me. It was great running by them and getting that support

However as with any forum, when someone famous dies a thread will be created and people will comment. So this famous guy died and as he was a marathon runner I knew the thread would garner plenty of interest and replies. I still recall a few to this day, especially about his marathon times. But unusually for someone who has recently died a comment appeared that was very negative about the recently deceased.

It said something like ‘not everything has come out just yet, but he was an evil bastard’

Naturally this person got plenty of vitriol aimed at them, the guy ran for charities, not the right time to bring up negatively etc…

You’ve probably guessed who had died, but for those at the back it was Jimmy Saville.

I’ve never forgotten that thread and the amount of criticism that person got, but by god they were right and fully vindicated later.

So for me I like a good debate as some can be memorable "

Wow - that left me a bit lost for words.

I do think we should listen to all sides especially before judging and even condemning a person. You can disagree with what they are saying but that does not mean you can attack them as a person.

Well, I guess you can as people do but it does not make it right.

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"The people I trust least in life and especially in fab are those who are permanently nice.

The all things to all men approach where they agree with everything and an inability to express an original opinion of their own is not appealing at all.

It's possible to have an adult conversation without resorting to name calling or taking it personally but I'd rather people had the courage of their convictions"

Couldn’t agree more

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"The people I trust least in life and especially in fab are those who are permanently nice.

It's possible to have an adult conversation without resorting to name calling or taking it personally but I'd rather people had the courage of their convictions"

THis

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

I do think we should listen to all sides especially before judging and even condemning a person. You can disagree with what they are saying but that does not mean you can attack them as a person.

Well, I guess you can as people do but it does not make it right. "

It’s probably the most memorable thread I ever read and that person obviously had some knowledge of what he was doing. I guess they got angry at the compliments he got and decided to correct some of our thinking about him.

I took a lesson from that thread and decided if someone had potentially more knowledge on a subject it’s worth reading what they’ve written. As they could eventually be right.

By *tue555Man
over a year ago

Passed Beyond Reach

Well, I guess you can as people do but it does not make it right. "

Isn't that the forum way judge , shoot first ask questions after. Forums could be sooo much more if people actually looked inward first before looking outward. Adult information interchange and not just a way to get attention and just simply being a pissing, adoration contest, I think too many people like it like this too much - play pit an kick sand in others faces

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

On the same forums a 3 hour pacer for the London Marathon started a thread about his training regime etc…

Obviously this guy was an elite runner himself so he got plenty of questions thrown at him. But some took exception to him saying that he times the run, so he finishes at 2 hours 59 not 3 hours. So anyone in front or beside him actually achieves a under 3 hour finish.

You’d think he’d get some credit for that, but no it would appear he was not doing his job properly and that some runners would suffer as he’s running a few seconds quicker each mile than a 3 hours finish time.

So whatever forum and whatever subject if someone can find fault …they will

over a year ago

Okay that does it, anyone with the potential to miss behave in the foreseeable future will have to stay behind class and get whipped by Nora in her newly built ark.

over a year ago

That does include all the girls.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

If I don't say nothing ........ I'm saying something.

That was said nicely

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"That does include all the girls. "

What about us women ?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

These forums only reflect society and sadly society is in a bad place at the moment.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

So for me I like a good debate as some can be memorable "

There's a Time and a Place

over a year ago

"That does include all the girls.

What about us women ?"

Especially women.

Don't worry Kitty will be at hand to make sure you get fully punished in accordance of fab rules and regulations.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"On the same forums a 3 hour pacer for the London Marathon started a thread about his training regime etc…

Obviously this guy was an elite runner himself so he got plenty of questions thrown at him. But some took exception to him saying that he times the run, so he finishes at 2 hours 59 not 3 hours. So anyone in front or beside him actually achieves a under 3 hour finish.

You’d think he’d get some credit for that, but no it would appear he was not doing his job properly and that some runners would suffer as he’s running a few seconds quicker each mile than a 3 hours finish time.

So whatever forum and whatever subject if someone can find fault …they will "

I'm not fussy on your paragraphing Steph.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

What about us women ?

Especially women.

Don't worry Kitty will be at hand to make sure you get fully punished in accordance of fab rules and regulations. "

What happened to Mistress Nora ?

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

What about us women ?"

I don’t mind whipping your arse granny

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

What about us women ?

Especially women.

Don't worry Kitty will be at hand to make sure you get fully punished in accordance of fab rules and regulations.

What happened to Mistress Nora ?"

Been replaced already. This place is so fickle

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

"On the same forums a 3 hour pacer for the London Marathon started a thread about his training regime etc…

So whatever forum and whatever subject if someone can find fault …they will

I'm not fussy on your paragraphing Steph."

over a year ago

What about us women ?

Especially women.

Been replaced already. This place is so fickle "

That's because you built the ark without planning permission dear.

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

What about us women ?

Especially women.

Been replaced already. This place is so fickle

That's because you built the ark without planning permission dear. "

Who do I contact for planning permission on the sea?

over a year ago

Why me dear.

Next time you build one of those ark things, can you make sure there's plenty of room for an orgy please.

over a year ago

"Why me dear.

Next time you build one of those ark things, can you make sure there's plenty of room for an orgy please. "

Sorry I was being silly about the orgy thing.

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"Why me dear.

Next time you build one of those ark things, can you make sure there's plenty of room for an orgy please.

Sorry I was being silly about the orgy thing. "

Haha. Didn’t see it. There would absolutely be an orgy dear

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

I totally agree with this ^ nice is a good thing mostly but not when you know dam well it’s only a front for a completely different person underneath the ‘nice’

Courage of conviction here often means beating burnt at the stake but I bet there are a good few bitten tongues

Post new Message to Thread