Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Traditions?

Jump to newest

By *tue555 OP   Man
over a year ago

Passed Beyond Reach

Are there any traditions that you started and carried on even if seem completely pointless.

There is is always beer in the fridge - home, studio, camper.

Yes was a comment in another thread

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Always a glass of Prosecco in the Lounge before departure, whether it’s 6am in the morning or 9pm at night x

over a year ago

Going to work everyday

over a year ago

I put a tree up for Halloween

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

4th January a glass of something strong to Phil Lynott. He died on that date in 1986 so I’ll also listen to a few favourite tracks from Thin Lizzy and his solo work.

over a year ago

"4th January a glass of something strong to Phil Lynott. He died on that date in 1986 so I’ll also listen to a few favourite tracks from Thin Lizzy and his solo work.

"

Love lizzy, the jailbreak album blew my mind as a kid and got me into rock. Phil's song Sarah ( not on that album) about his daughter just melts me

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

"4th January a glass of something strong to Phil Lynott. He died on that date in 1986 so I’ll also listen to a few favourite tracks from Thin Lizzy and his solo work.

Love lizzy, the jailbreak album blew my mind as a kid and got me into rock. Phil's song Sarah ( not on that album) about his daughter just melts me "

Wanted to name my daughter Sarah after the song, unfortunately I was outvoted. His solo work is worth listening to, especially ode to liberty (The Protest Song) that has Mark Knopfler playing guitar.

over a year ago

"

What do you drink, whisky in the jar?

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

What do you drink, whisky in the jar?

"

I see what you’re doing there

Yes

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

There's a song we always sing in the lift, regardless of whether there's anyone else in there.

Done it since my kid was a toddler

over a year ago

"There's a song we always sing in the lift, regardless of whether there's anyone else in there.

Done it since my kid was a toddler "

The Only Way is Up ?

over a year ago

I send a series of naughty pics for Sir every time he is on nights. Its become one of our little traditions.

My odd one is keeping receipts for big purchases in the fridge for the first few months

over a year ago

When I boxed in the army I never cleaned my gum shield after my first win. It only ever got a rinse under a tap… pretty gross I know

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

We always had a new board game for Christmas that we played all over the holidays, although it’s not easy to carry on as they are married and one lives abroad

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Yes lots…. with the kids , various games we invented that they still play as adults and take away nights with one episode of some series on Netflix that we’ve all seen before. Wildcamp traditions with the guys include stag tinned chilli and always a Cuban cigar at the summit of a mountain in winter

over a year ago

Dandelion and Burdock on Christmas dinner table

over a year ago

Yes, birthday build up. So we always have a treat week before a birthday, lots of nice food, a few days out etc to get us in the mood.

Christmas eve walk to look at all the lights on the houses! But maybe this is more common than I think?

By *andsome HandMan
over a year ago

roundabout

6vpints of strongbow and 6 shots every 3rd February. My divorce was finalised on that day five years ago and my best friend invited me out on the pretence of getting breakfast. He knew I was a bit low. We passed every cafe along the way and ended up in the pub.

I didn't manage to stick my hand in my pocket once but left the pub suitably d*unk. Unfortunately he didn't make the anniversary so I've made a tradition of drinking to his memory on said date.

By *mily36CWoman
over a year ago

Bedford (or anywhere beginning with B..!?)

"Always a glass of Prosecco in the Lounge before departure, whether it’s 6am in the morning or 9pm at night x "

Oooo that's a good one I'm stealing it

By *andsome HandMan
over a year ago

roundabout

I have a Led Zeppelin beanie which my friend has christened sesh hat.

Whenever we party together, at some point during the night she takes said hat and I won't get it back until the next time I see her. This has gone on for years.

By *opinovMan
over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

I always start a festival off with a ginger beer

By *mily36CWoman
over a year ago

What about wearing lucky pants on a 'date' ... there must be some traditions for that out there?!?

By *ucky88oMan
over a year ago

london

"

What about wearing lucky pants on a 'date' ... there must be some traditions for that out there?!? "

Loved Your profile Emily.

Very smart and funny x

over a year ago

Been watching It's A Wonderful Life every Christmas eve for the last 30 years.

By *mily36CWoman
over a year ago

"

What about wearing lucky pants on a 'date' ... there must be some traditions for that out there?!?

Very smart and funny x"

That's kind, thank you

over a year ago

Tap every seat (about 8) at the footie between the aisle and my seat when I arrive -no idea why

By *ucky88oMan
over a year ago

london

"

Very smart and funny x

Physical properties F made me laugh out loud x

That's kind, thank you "

By *ucky88oMan
over a year ago

london

"

Very smart and funny x

That's kind, thank you "

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

It is a new year tradition for me.

Seeing the new year in with a lump of coal, bottle of spirit, loaf of bread and £50 in my pocket.

It is supposed to see the new year in, ensuring that you will have food, fuel, drink and cash in the coming year.

over a year ago

"It is a new year tradition for me.

Seeing the new year in with a lump of coal, bottle of spirit, loaf of bread and £50 in my pocket.

It is supposed to see the new year in, ensuring that you will have food, fuel, drink and cash in the coming year."

My family does the lump of coal thing too.

Person with the darkest hair (me) has to go outside before 12 with some coal and let the new year in.

Cant wait to go grey, stay in out of the f***ing cold

over a year ago

There's quite a few different ones that we do as a family and some that I've done since my kids were born.

Always snap the wishbone on the Christmas turkey.

Glass of fizz on Christmas Eve

The first cork out of a bottle in a new home has a silver coin put in it and is kept for luck. Also done on 18th and 21st birthdays.

My children get a new Christmas decoration from me every year.

Every other Friday night is a "picnic" and film night, just me and the kids. We always watch at least two films and one of them always has to be a Marvel film.

Post new Message to Thread