Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The law of attraction

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Do you understand and live by the law of attraction?

This basically means you will attract what you put out into the world.

To attract what you really want in life you have to be honest with yourself, confident in your own wants and desires and who you are. Authentic, genuine and stick to your boundaries.

Are enough people attracting who they want? Or are they trying to be someone that they think other people want?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yes I believe in it. I've made strong friendships on here having connected on a spiritual level. I have also gained financially in the "real world". The power of positivity is something I actively use in therapy work.

over a year ago

"Yes I believe in it. I've made strong friendships on here having connected on a spiritual level. I have also gained financially in the "real world". The power of positivity is something I actively use in therapy work. "

The power of positive thinking is underrated

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"Yes I believe in it. I've made strong friendships on here having connected on a spiritual level. I have also gained financially in the "real world". The power of positivity is something I actively use in therapy work.

The power of positive thinking is underrated "

I agree with you completely.

My only concern is this (and it does not distract from or voids the positive....)

If somebody suffers from a terminal illness, there is a potential for feeling they attracted it because they did not think positive enough. And that is not the intention but it does happen.

over a year ago

"Yes I believe in it. I've made strong friendships on here having connected on a spiritual level. I have also gained financially in the "real world". The power of positivity is something I actively use in therapy work.

My only concern is this (and it does not distract from or voids the positive....)

If somebody suffers from a terminal illness, there is a potential for feeling they attracted it because they did not think positive enough. And that is not the intention but it does happen. "

Yes it does happen and looking on the bright side sometimes is hard.

I’m guessing that with attracting what we put out there is often filtered because we will always seek validation of what we wanted to happen. Negative or positive

By *ynecplCouple
over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Never thought about it I just do what I think is right and if people like me then great.

over a year ago

"Never thought about it I just do what I think is right and if people like me then great."

The law would say if you are treating people well then those people who will treat you well will be attracted to you

over a year ago

If somebody suffers from a terminal illness, there is a potential for feeling they attracted it because they did not think positive enough. And that is not the intention but it does happen. "

Very true, and a good point.

It is possible to be positive but lead a lifestyle that abuses the body though. Or have hereditary disease, or a myriad of other things which affect us physically.

On the whole though, positive thinking releases endorphins etc which the body benefits greatly from.

As with most philosophies, there will always be some that fall outside of them.

By *iBBWLondonWoman
over a year ago

London

When you use the law of attraction you have to be very careful what words you use to describe what you are trying to attract. The Universe doesn’t recognise ‘don’t’ or negative words in your affirmations, e.g.;

Instead of using “I don’t want to be fat anymore” use “I am fit, healthy and enjoying the increased energy that comes from healthy eating and movement. I’m so very grateful for the motivation that keeps me working toward and achieving my goals. Thank you, Universe.” Say it, imagine it and feel it as though you’ve already achieved what you desire. I think it takes a lot of practice to switch your thinking and get it right, though.

over a year ago

"When you use the law of attraction you have to be very careful what words you use to describe what you are trying to attract. The Universe doesn’t recognise ‘don’t’ or negative words in your affirmations, e.g.;

Instead of using “I don’t want to be fat anymore” use “I am fit, healthy and enjoying the increased energy that comes from healthy eating and movement. I’m so very grateful for the motivation that keeps me working toward and achieving my goals. Thank you, Universe.” Say it, imagine it and feel it as though you’ve already achieved what you desire. I think it takes a lot of practice to switch your thinking and get it right, though."

A great deal of inner work, yes. You are so right that it doesn’t recognise negative or positive, it just is.

When looking to attract people you will only attract the same as you

By *ink Panther.Woman
over a year ago

Preston

The great and the good on Fab might want to use the law of attraction. If your shop window isn’t filled with the things that will attract what you want then you will be bitterly disappointed by your inbox. If you haven’t got the tools in your box to attract what you want then you’ll be equally disappointed. I’m not saying you shouldn’t aim high but be mindful that if you have a 11” cock and you want to attract the women that like micro penises it won’t happen. Equally if the ladies want a meeting of minds not someone that’s visual stop putting the goods on show and attract the men you want with words. Be mindful of everything else you want to attract, a man with a good mind might not necessarily have other attributes you want. It’s really quite simple

over a year ago

"The great and the good on Fab might want to use the law of attraction. If your shop window isn’t filled with the things that will attract what you want then you will be bitterly disappointed by your inbox. If you haven’t got the tools in your box to attract what you want then you’ll be equally disappointed. I’m not saying you shouldn’t aim high but be mindful that if you have a 11” cock and you want to attract the women that like micro penises it won’t happen. Equally if the ladies want a meeting of minds not someone that’s visual stop putting the goods on show and attract the men you want with words. Be mindful of everything else you want to attract, a man with a good mind might not necessarily have other attributes you want. It’s really quite simple "

Very good points. Be the person you want to attract on fab

over a year ago

It’s something I’ve been interested in learning more about. I don’t know if it really works but I guess, as long as you keep yourself level headed, then it can’t hurt.

By *ink Panther.Woman
over a year ago

Preston

"It’s something I’ve been interested in learning more about. I don’t know if it really works but I guess, as long as you keep yourself level headed, then it can’t hurt.

"

I always attracted what I wanted. I was honest and true to myself. It’s about you and who you are

over a year ago

"It’s something I’ve been interested in learning more about. I don’t know if it really works but I guess, as long as you keep yourself level headed, then it can’t hurt.

I always attracted what I wanted. I was honest and true to myself. It’s about you and who you are "

You spoke and the Universe listened? I might have a closer look at it then

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

If you think positively you see things in a positive light.

I'm not a believer in the law of attraction though. There are too many flaws

over a year ago

I always attracted what I wanted. I was honest and true to myself. It’s about you and who you are

You spoke and the Universe listened? I might have a closer look at it then"

Yes it does. It really is a fascinating area to explore

over a year ago

"

It does work and I am testament to that

over a year ago

"If you think positively you see things in a positive light.

I'm not a believer in the law of attraction though. There are too many flaws"

What flaws do you see?

By *iBBWLondonWoman
over a year ago

London

It does work and I am testament to that "

How so, if you don’t mind me asking? If it’s too personal, no worries.

over a year ago

It does work and I am testament to that "

Where is the best place to start reading up please?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

What flaws do you see? "

Mainly like most philosophies the idea that if things don't work out it's because you didn't have enough faith.

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

I'm not sure i do believe in it per se. But if you are very clear about what you want you are more likely to notice it. Or for something like fab, if your profile is very clear and descriptive then when your ideal person does come along they will recognise themselves and message you. If they read it. Whether it increases the odds that that one person will come across the profile in the first place, i remain unconvinced.

over a year ago

I think there's something in it in terms of our interactions with people in life

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I'm not sure i do believe in it per se. But if you are very clear about what you want you are more likely to notice it. Or for something like fab, if your profile is very clear and descriptive then when your ideal person does come along they will recognise themselves and message you. If they read it. Whether it increases the odds that that one person will come across the profile in the first place, i remain unconvinced."

Yep. Similarly if you're clear in your intent to have a lot of money you will probably work darn hard and have two jobs.

By *iBBWLondonWoman
over a year ago

London

What flaws do you see?

Mainly like most philosophies the idea that if things don't work out it's because you didn't have enough faith.

"

I’ve not heard anyone say that, in my experience; usually if someone says it hasn’t worked for them the response is that the Universe has something better planned, or that it has worked but not in the way you might have expected. Agreed, that DOES sound like a bit of a cop out, but it’s much gentler so keeps the positivity flowing.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

What flaws do you see?

I’ve not heard anyone say that, in my experience; usually if someone says it hasn’t worked for them the response is that the Universe has something better planned, or that it has worked but not in the way you might have expected. Agreed, that DOES sound like a bit of a cop out, but it’s much gentler so keeps the positivity flowing."

Positive thinking then. It all depends on how you view life I suppose.

By *iBBWLondonWoman
over a year ago

London

"I'm not sure i do believe in it per se. But if you are very clear about what you want you are more likely to notice it. Or for something like fab, if your profile is very clear and descriptive then when your ideal person does come along they will recognise themselves and message you. If they read it. Whether it increases the odds that that one person will come across the profile in the first place, i remain unconvinced.

Yep. Similarly if you're clear in your intent to have a lot of money you will probably work darn hard and have two jobs."

Yes, exactly this, and it’s never taught as just ‘think it and it’ll appear’; by focussing on your positive intentions you’re then in the mindset to work out actionable steps that will help you achieve it, not just lay back and expect it to knock on your door! There is SOME work involved

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I'm not sure i do believe in it per se. But if you are very clear about what you want you are more likely to notice it. Or for something like fab, if your profile is very clear and descriptive then when your ideal person does come along they will recognise themselves and message you. If they read it. Whether it increases the odds that that one person will come across the profile in the first place, i remain unconvinced.

Yep. Similarly if you're clear in your intent to have a lot of money you will probably work darn hard and have two jobs.

Yes, exactly this, and it’s never taught as just ‘think it and it’ll appear’; by focussing on your positive intentions you’re then in the mindset to work out actionable steps that will help you achieve it, not just lay back and expect it to knock on your door! There is SOME work involved "

yes I understand. I just think of it as having a sensible approach to life. If I want something I need to work towards getting it, if I'm nice to people it's likely that some of them will be nice back etc. It won't always work that way but that's how life goes. I don't believe the universe is interested in me as an individual

By *iBBWLondonWoman
over a year ago

London

Yes, exactly this, and it’s never taught as just ‘think it and it’ll appear’; by focussing on your positive intentions you’re then in the mindset to work out actionable steps that will help you achieve it, not just lay back and expect it to knock on your door! There is SOME work involved

yes I understand. I just think of it as having a sensible approach to life. If I want something I need to work towards getting it, if I'm nice to people it's likely that some of them will be nice back etc. It won't always work that way but that's how life goes. I don't believe the universe is interested in me as an individual "

I see what you mean. I think it’s more of an aid to working on yourself, how you view the world and your interactions within it, for anyone that needs guidance or help getting started.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

yes I understand. I just think of it as having a sensible approach to life. If I want something I need to work towards getting it, if I'm nice to people it's likely that some of them will be nice back etc. It won't always work that way but that's how life goes. I don't believe the universe is interested in me as an individual

I see what you mean. I think it’s more of an aid to working on yourself, how you view the world and your interactions within it, for anyone that needs guidance or help getting started."

I think my personal philosophy is broadly the same as yours but I am inclined to believe that most of our power comes from within rather than without.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

What flaws do you see?

"

That is my concern re somebody with a terminal illness or lost family members in a flood etc.

I think maybe the term has to be be seen more loosely - for me personally, I understand the law of attraction to include being positive in accepting some (less desirable) things and yielding to them rather than forcing an unrealistic expectation?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

What flaws do you see?

That is my concern re somebody with a terminal illness or lost family members in a flood etc.

I think maybe the term has to be be seen more loosely - for me personally, I understand the law of attraction to include being positive in accepting some (less desirable) things and yielding to them rather than forcing an unrealistic expectation?"

It's a fascinating subject.

I'm wondering how positive my friend who is currently having her first round of chemo for throat cancer is currently feeling.

By *iBBWLondonWoman
over a year ago

London

What flaws do you see?

I think maybe the term has to be be seen more loosely - for me personally, I understand the law of attraction to include being positive in accepting some (less desirable) things and yielding to them rather than forcing an unrealistic expectation?

I'm wondering how positive my friend who is currently having her first round of chemo for throat cancer is currently feeling."

Positive in that the oncologists think it’s treatable, not hopeless, and grateful to live in a country where it’s freely available? I’ve not been in that position, and I’m grateful for that, but I can fully imagine it would be hard to step back enough to find something positive about that scenario. Sending thoughts xx

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

What flaws do you see?

I'm wondering how positive my friend who is currently having her first round of chemo for throat cancer is currently feeling."

Oh no! That is precisely the scenario I had in mind (and I am thinking of a specific person, too).

And there is so precious little you can say or do to help, other than perhaps being there, listen and acknowledge their feelings about things. Feels so inadequate.

By *iBBWLondonWoman
over a year ago

London

I see what you mean. I think it’s more of an aid to working on yourself, how you view the world and your interactions within it, for anyone that needs guidance or help getting started.

I think my personal philosophy is broadly the same as yours but I am inclined to believe that most of our power comes from within rather than without. "

Yes; I think we’re all much more powerful, and resilient, than we give ourselves credit for. It’s just getting into that mindset that can be difficult for many, including me.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

What flaws do you see?

I'm wondering how positive my friend who is currently having her first round of chemo for throat cancer is currently feeling.

Positive in that the oncologists think it’s treatable, not hopeless, and grateful to live in a country where it’s freely available? I’ve not been in that position, and I’m grateful for that, but I can fully imagine it would be hard to step back enough to find something positive about that scenario. Sending thoughts xx"

Exactly and thank you.

One of the worst things I think you can have said to you with a diagnosis like that is

"You must fight it and stay positive"

over a year ago

I think my personal philosophy is broadly the same as yours but I am inclined to believe that most of our power comes from within rather than without. "

Power does come from within. The external is a reflection of the internal. The internal is the one we have control over

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I think my personal philosophy is broadly the same as yours but I am inclined to believe that most of our power comes from within rather than without.

Power does come from within. The external is a reflection of the internal. The internal is the one we have control over"

That is very much easier said than done in the face of great adversity.

By *iBBWLondonWoman
over a year ago

London

What flaws do you see?

Positive in that the oncologists think it’s treatable, not hopeless, and grateful to live in a country where it’s freely available? I’ve not been in that position, and I’m grateful for that, but I can fully imagine it would be hard to step back enough to find something positive about that scenario. Sending thoughts xx

Exactly and thank you.

One of the worst things I think you can have said to you with a diagnosis like that is

"

Agreed, it’s the totally last (and worst) thing anyone wants to hear. That fight has to come from within; you can’t jolly it into anyone. And no one knows how much they’ve already fought to get to the stage that you see in front of you.

over a year ago

Power does come from within. The external is a reflection of the internal. The internal is the one we have control over

That is very much easier said than done in the face of great adversity."

In the face of adversity you how to look at your reactions and understand why you have them.

over a year ago

That is very much easier said than done in the face of great adversity."

I am a believer in the Law of Attraction, but I agree with what you’ve said, it’s so hard to do it, when you’re feeling low and everything is getting on top of you.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

What flaws do you see?

Exactly and thank you.

Agreed, it’s the totally last (and worst) thing anyone wants to hear. That fight has to come from within; you can’t jolly it into anyone. And no one knows how much they’ve already fought to get to the stage that you see in front of you."

Precisely. Nothing on life is ever as simple as it seems

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

In the face of adversity you how to look at your reactions and understand why you have them. "

As I said that's very much easier said than done and in my opinion dismissive of the really bad stuff that some people have to go through.

By *iBBWLondonWoman
over a year ago

London

I am a believer in the Law of Attraction, but I agree with what you’ve said, it’s so hard to do it, when you’re feeling low and everything is getting on top of you. "

I know exactly how you feel. On some very strong meds, in fact, but still have the odd crash despite that. I think it’s helpful to remember when you’ve felt so hopeless before and come through it.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

In the face of adversity you how to look at your reactions and understand why you have them. "

I am not sure that I would even consider saying this to somebody who is sick with cancer or has lost a loved one or somebody who is depressed.

I do not believe you can really offer hope by asking them to look inside.... to me that would feel like insult to injury kind of stuff?

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

I wanted hot men to fuck me, so I put a photo of myself in a sultry pose-with a hint of cleavage-and got exactly what I wanted.

I wouldn't be able to attract the kind of life partner I would like though.

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

People don't attract money or a good job; they work hard for them.

over a year ago

In the face of adversity you how to look at your reactions and understand why you have them.

I am not sure that I would even consider saying this to somebody who is sick with cancer or has lost a loved one or somebody who is depressed.

I do not believe you can really offer hope by asking them to look inside.... to me that would feel like insult to injury kind of stuff? "

Let me put it another way in this instance. If they give up hope they will not fight as hard as if they believe that they can beat it

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I do not believe you can really offer hope by asking them to look inside.... to me that would feel like insult to injury kind of stuff?

Let me put it another way in this instance. If they give up hope they will not fight as hard as if they believe that they can beat it "

That's obvious to me and very simplistic.

over a year ago

Let me put it another way in this instance. If they give up hope they will not fight as hard as if they believe that they can beat it

That's obvious to me and very simplistic."

All you can be is just be there for them and help them fight. I’m sorry you are having to go through this x

over a year ago

Where is the best place to start reading up please?"

If you’re open minded enough, a good book to start with is the secret by Rhonda Byrne

over a year ago

If you’re open minded enough, a good book to start with is the secret by Rhonda Byrne"

It’s on Netflix too

By *andare63Man
over a year ago

oldham

Yep. Similarly if you're clear in your intent to have a lot of money you will probably work darn hard and have two jobs."

Ot have one bloody good job that you've earned

By *andare63Man
over a year ago

oldham

"People don't attract money or a good job; they work hard for them."

over a year ago

If you’re open minded enough, a good book to start with is the secret by Rhonda Byrne

It’s on Netflix too"

Thanks both

Post new Message to Thread