Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Character hang outs

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I'm currently re-watching "Preacher" and I just love Cassidy the vampire. He has the perfect mix of dysfunction, addiction, apathy but with an underline "goodness" that is endearing. Joseph Gilgun who plays him is amazing and was great in "Emmerdale" and "Made in England" but Cassidy is his stand out character for me. If you could hang out with a fictional character who would it be and why?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *andsome HandMan
over a year ago

roundabout

"I'm currently re-watching "Preacher" and I just love Cassidy the vampire. He has the perfect mix of dysfunction, addiction, apathy but with an underline "goodness" that is endearing. Joseph Gilgun who plays him is amazing and was great in "Emmerdale" and "Made in England" but Cassidy is his stand out character for me. If you could hang out with a fictional character who would it be and why? "

I read the comics as a youth and have not watched the show as yet but knowing Woody is in it I may have to.

I'd like to hang out with the Green Scar though that may be a suicidal friendship to form

over a year ago

"I'm currently re-watching "Preacher" and I just love Cassidy the vampire. He has the perfect mix of dysfunction, addiction, apathy but with an underline "goodness" that is endearing. Joseph Gilgun who plays him is amazing and was great in "Emmerdale" and "Made in England" but Cassidy is his stand out character for me. If you could hang out with a fictional character who would it be and why?

I read the comics as a youth and have not watched the show as yet but knowing Woody is in it I may have to.

I'd like to hang out with the Green Scar though that may be a suicidal friendship to form "

I had to "do the google" is he an incarnation of the Hulk?

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

Gregory from Gregory’s Girl. Admittedly just so I could meet Clare Grogan

By *andsome HandMan
over a year ago

roundabout

"I'm currently re-watching "Preacher" and I just love Cassidy the vampire. He has the perfect mix of dysfunction, addiction, apathy but with an underline "goodness" that is endearing. Joseph Gilgun who plays him is amazing and was great in "Emmerdale" and "Made in England" but Cassidy is his stand out character for me. If you could hang out with a fictional character who would it be and why?

I'd like to hang out with the Green Scar though that may be a suicidal friendship to form

I had to "do the google" is he an incarnation of the Hulk? "

He is. A version that can talk properly rather than just broken english. His story arc is a favourite of mine.

My second choice is Withnail as that's be less suicidal.

over a year ago

"Gregory from Gregory’s Girl. Admittedly just so I could meet Clare Grogan "

Clare Grogan was definitely the better girl.

over a year ago

He is. A version that can talk properly rather than just broken english. His story arc is a favourite of mine.

My second choice is Withnail as that's be less suicidal. "

Sounds interesting, I'll have to investigate more.

Pretty sure drinking meths is akin to suicidal behaviour on some level.

over a year ago

Tolmund Giantsbanes and Sandor Clegane from G.O.T as well.

I just love Tolmunds positive outlook.

By *andsome HandMan
over a year ago

roundabout

My second choice is Withnail as that's be less suicidal.

Sounds interesting, I'll have to investigate more.

Pretty sure drinking meths is akin to suicidal behaviour on some level. "

It definitely is. The arc is collected as Planet Hulk.

you bloody fool, you should never mix your drinks. At least we could go to Penrith.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Ooh, can i go day drinking with Detective Rust Cohle from S1 of True Detective please? I want to argue nihilistic philosophy with him while getting rat arsed d*unk.

I'd tell him I agree with a lot of his views on humanity being a tragic misstep in human evolution, but that he's missing the point. Humans became a disaster when they abandoned collectivism in favour of individualism.

We'd bore the pants off everyone within a 2m radius, but I'd fucking love it.

over a year ago

"Ooh, can i go day drinking with Detective Rust Cohle from S1 of True Detective please? I want to argue nihilistic philosophy with him while getting rat arsed d*unk.

I'd tell him I agree with a lot of his views on humanity being a tragic misstep in human evolution, but that he's missing the point. Humans became a disaster when they abandoned collectivism in favour of individualism.

We'd bore the pants off everyone within a 2m radius, but I'd fucking love it. "

Sounds a riot. Only boring people get bored.

over a year ago

"Ooh, can i go day drinking with Detective Rust Cohle from S1 of True Detective please? I want to argue nihilistic philosophy with him while getting rat arsed d*unk.

Sounds a riot. Only boring people get bored."

That character is my spirit animal.

over a year ago

That character is my spirit animal. "

Sadly I've not seen it as I don't have a TV (well I do but only for watching DVDs on)

Googled it and it looks good. Gotta love killer Joe

over a year ago

Sadly I've not seen it as I don't have a TV (well I do but only for watching DVDs on)

Googled it and it looks good. Gotta love killer Joe "

Season 1 is incredible telly. The rest are a bit meh.

over a year ago

Season 1 is incredible telly. The rest are a bit meh."

Just bought it on ebay

over a year ago

Just bought it on ebay"

If you don't enjoy it I'll buy it off you. About time I owned a copy. Think I've downloaded it 4 times.

over a year ago

Just bought it on ebay

If you don't enjoy it I'll buy it off you. About time I owned a copy. Think I've downloaded it 4 times."

You can have it when I'm done.

By *andsome HandMan
over a year ago

roundabout

Sorry to rule bend OP but my third choice is Gene Hunt from Ashes to ashes and life on Mars

over a year ago

"Sorry to rule bend OP but my third choice is Gene Hunt from Ashes to ashes and life on Mars"

Gotta say I did see many similarities between him and John Thaw in the Sweeny

By *stellaWoman
over a year ago

London

Season one True Detective is ace OP - enjoy!

I’d like a Henrik Sabroe from The Bridge to help save me from myself as he did Saga. That scene when she’s at the rail tracks, gosh!

By *andsome HandMan
over a year ago

roundabout

"Sorry to rule bend OP but my third choice is Gene Hunt from Ashes to ashes and life on Mars

Gotta say I did see many similarities between him and John Thaw in the Sweeny"

I'm not going to be able to unsee that now

over a year ago

"Season one True Detective is ace OP - enjoy!

I’d like a Henrik Sabroe from The Bridge to help save me from myself as he did Saga. That scene when she’s at the rail tracks, gosh! "

This is the downside to not watching TV. I'll have to track this down now.

By *ang bang bangity bangCouple
over a year ago

Sunderland

Commander Vimes from then Discworld series

Or

Frank from F is for Family. Just to drink a beer and complain

By *stellaWoman
over a year ago

London

I’d like a Henrik Sabroe from The Bridge to help save me from myself as he did Saga. That scene when she’s at the rail tracks, gosh!

This is the downside to not watching TV. I'll have to track this down now. "

The Bridge’s lead Saga is fabulous!

over a year ago

"Commander Vimes from then Discworld series

Or

Frank from F is for Family. Just to drink a beer and complain"

Beer drinking and complaining are two of my favourite pastimes. Of course in London you have the luxury of complaining about the price of beer.

By *ang bang bangity bangCouple
over a year ago

Sunderland

"Commander Vimes from then Discworld series

Or

Frank from F is for Family. Just to drink a beer and complain

Beer drinking and complaining are two of my favourite pastimes. Of course in London you have the luxury of complaining about the price of beer. "

Well we live up north so imagine how much we complain about beer prices in London when we're down south

over a year ago

I’d like a Henrik Sabroe from The Bridge to help save me from myself as he did Saga. That scene when she’s at the rail tracks, gosh! "

By *uriousscouserWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

Adela Bradley from the Gladys Mitchell novels. Even better if she's the Diana Rigg adaptation; acerbic, sexy and ferociously intelligent.

over a year ago

"Adela Bradley from the Gladys Mitchell novels. Even better if she's the Diana Rigg adaptation; acerbic, sexy and ferociously intelligent."

Rigg seams well matched to that sort of character. Cannot imagine who could have played the Queen of thorns better than her in thrones.

By *uriousscouserWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

"Adela Bradley from the Gladys Mitchell novels. Even better if she's the Diana Rigg adaptation; acerbic, sexy and ferociously intelligent.

Rigg seams well matched to that sort of character. Cannot imagine who could have played the Queen of thorns better than her in thrones."

In the books Mrs Bradley is a frail, bird-like, wizened creature so it's a very different character on screen but both are equally fabulous in their own way!

Post new Message to Thread