Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

David Attenborough

Jump to newest

By *topthepress OP   Man
over a year ago

MANCHESTER

Does anyone else get annoyed when David Attenborough goes on about the climate was he bothered about it when he was travelling all over the world with his film crew making animal programs or was he more bothered about the money he was paid he has a bigger carbon footprint then most of us will ever have

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Maybe education on climate change has made him a changed man? Did carbon footprints exist when he started out?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

people are the biggest hypocrites when it comes to making money and wanting to be famous

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

"Maybe education on climate change has made him a changed man? Did carbon footprints exist when he started out? "

In previous threads it was deemed that people were to be held to account for everything that they did & said in their lives, no matter how long ago, or if they had changed since.

Using that doctrine, he’s guilty through and through.

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

"Does anyone else get annoyed when David Attenborough goes on about the climate was he bothered about it when he was travelling all over the world with his film crew making animal programs or was he more bothered about the money he was paid he has a bigger carbon footprint then most of us will ever have"

Yes ..and he has the cheek to pontificate about it whilst living in a big mansion in Richmond

over a year ago

evesham

"Maybe education on climate change has made him a changed man? Did carbon footprints exist when he started out?

In previous threads it was deemed that people were to be held to account for everything that they did & said in their lives, no matter how long ago, or if they had changed since.

Using that doctrine, he’s guilty through and through."

Who deemed this? Not me.

By *topthepress OP   Man
over a year ago

MANCHESTER

I'm sure he knew about it climate change interest has been going on since the early 70s

By *traight_no_iceMan
over a year ago

Stoke

Not really. He is a national or should I say global treasure. A pioneer in his field. He started long time before people were talking about climate change. He has educated generations and still does. He could have retired long time ago but he is still passionate. I have big respect of him. If it was not for him, maybe the wild animals and the environment in general would not have got the attention they have.

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

"Maybe education on climate change has made him a changed man? Did carbon footprints exist when he started out?

Using that doctrine, he’s guilty through and through.

Who deemed this? Not me. "

Not me, but that was the overall consensus reached

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

Thank god this is not a thread to say he's died

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

No I love the man

By *topthepress OP   Man
over a year ago

MANCHESTER

Don't get me wrong love his programs but now his working live has ended he tells us all how we should live

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"Don't get me wrong love his programs but now his working live has ended he tells us all how we should live"
ok

By *opinovMan
over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

Well, on the scale of polluters he's the smallest of small fry compared to the invidious parasites who fly all around the world in their private jets.

If his past and present travels serve to educate people about the natural world and current threats to it then good on him - it's definitely needed judging by how many still haven't woken up to the extent of the threat to our environment... and who better?

Could it be that this thread is more a negative reaction to his stance than anything else?.. I suspect so.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Not really. He is a national or should I say global treasure. A pioneer in his field. He started long time before people were talking about climate change. He has educated generations and still does. He could have retired long time ago but he is still passionate. I have big respect of him. If it was not for him, maybe the wild animals and the environment in general would not have got the attention they have."

Basically what he said ^

over a year ago

Brilliant man

By *topthepress OP   Man
over a year ago

MANCHESTER

Well another one is Lewis Hamilton going on about the environment when using private jets and having pretonis all over his racing overalls

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I'm not a fan of David Attenborough but he's just a bloke who did stuff in his life that is now deemed unacceptable. That description could apply to us all really

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Well another one is Lewis Hamilton going on about the environment when using private jets and having pretonis all over his racing overalls"

Youy not a fan of Lewis are you?

over a year ago

"Thank god this is not a thread to say he's died"

I thought that! Proper heart in my mouth moment when I saw this thread title.

By *topthepress OP   Man
over a year ago

MANCHESTER

Love F1 and Lewis but why not practice what you preach

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Love F1 and Lewis but why not practice what you preach"

Does anybody 100%?

By *topthepress OP   Man
over a year ago

MANCHESTER

"Love F1 and Lewis but why not practice what you preach

Does anybody 100%?"

no one does but not everyone tells everybody else how we should live

By *drianukMan
over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

Attenborough should be sacked. The BBC Charter requires the BBC to be impartial.

Attenborough just ignores that and acts as a propagandist. He should be pushed out

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Love F1 and Lewis but why not practice what you preach

Does anybody 100%?no one does but not everyone tells everybody else how we should live "

I think it's a question of who has the platform. It would be no good me going on the telly asking people to reduce their carbon footprint, nobody would listen. I take your point though

By *opinovMan
over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

"Attenborough should be sacked. The BBC Charter requires the BBC to be impartial.

Attenborough just ignores that and acts as a propagandist. He should be pushed out"

What utter brainless tosh.

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

I blame Alan Whicker and the Holiday shows in the 70’s and 80’s, more than Attenborough

By *nliveneTV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

"Not really. He is a national or should I say global treasure. A pioneer in his field. He started long time before people were talking about climate change. He has educated generations and still does. He could have retired long time ago but he is still passionate. I have big respect of him. If it was not for him, maybe the wild animals and the environment in general would not have got the attention they have."

Completely agree . We also can not forget that climate changes haven't started 70 years ago only!

over a year ago

"Well another one is Lewis Hamilton going on about the environment when using private jets and having pretonis all over his racing overalls"

I hardly think Lewis chooses who sponsors the team.

By *topthepress OP   Man
over a year ago

MANCHESTER

"I blame Alan Whicker and the Holiday shows in the 70’s and 80’s, more than Attenborough "
alan whicker and holiday programs don't tell us all how we should live Attenborough does

over a year ago

"Does anyone else get annoyed when David Attenborough goes on about the climate was he bothered about it when he was travelling all over the world with his film crew making animal programs or was he more bothered about the money he was paid he has a bigger carbon footprint then most of us will ever have"

No, not in the slightest. It’s a minuscule impact for the sake of providing decades of education and information.

I take it from your disgust you’ve never flown abroad for a non-essential trip?

over a year ago

They're not really telling you how to live your life. They're explaining that we're at a crisis point and giving suggestions as to how we can make a difference. They're not telling you to do them. It's still your choice.

By *topthepress OP   Man
over a year ago

MANCHESTER

"Well another one is Lewis Hamilton going on about the environment when using private jets and having pretonis all over his racing overalls

I hardly think Lewis chooses who sponsors the team."

he does not but he can refuse to have anything to do with it or not tell everyone how we should live

over a year ago

evesham

Are you related to essextom by any chance?

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 22/08/21 19:04:29]

By *nliveneTV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

"I'm not a fan of David Attenborough but he's just a bloke who did stuff in his life that is now deemed unacceptable. That description could apply to us all really"

This almost reminds me Diana Fossey , she loved the cameras and public atention and not everything she has done was correct but we all love her not only for her drastic cruel and sad end but because she left behind a legacy that we value today and same with Davi Attenborough , he done things he shouldn't but he has been an wake up for all entire world

over a year ago

"Well another one is Lewis Hamilton going on about the environment when using private jets and having pretonis all over his racing overalls

I hardly think Lewis chooses who sponsors the team.he does not but he can refuse to have anything to do with it or not tell everyone how we should live "

When had he told you specifically how to live your life?

Are you sure he doesn't share how he lives his life and explain why he thinks that's best, for example gives his reasons for eating a plant based diet. That doesn't mean that he is telling you how to live your life.

Why are you so triggered by Lewis Hamilton?

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

"Are you related to essextom by any chance? "

You've typed what I was just thinking

By *opinovMan
over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

I hardly think Lewis chooses who sponsors the team.he does not but he can refuse to have anything to do with it or not tell everyone how we should live

When had he told you specifically how to live your life?

Are you sure he doesn't share how he lives his life and explain why he thinks that's best, for example gives his reasons for eating a plant based diet. That doesn't mean that he is telling you how to live your life.

Why are you so triggered by Lewis Hamilton? "

Good question. It makes me wonder that Marcus Rashford and Lewis Hamilton might have something in common... can't quite put my finger on it though.

By *topthepress OP   Man
over a year ago

MANCHESTER

"Does anyone else get annoyed when David Attenborough goes on about the climate was he bothered about it when he was travelling all over the world with his film crew making animal programs or was he more bothered about the money he was paid he has a bigger carbon footprint then most of us will ever have

No, not in the slightest. It’s a minuscule impact for the sake of providing decades of education and information.

I take it from your disgust you’ve never flown abroad for a non-essential trip?"

I have flown many times but I would never tell anyone else they should not

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

"I'm not a fan of David Attenborough but he's just a bloke who did stuff in his life that is now deemed unacceptable. That description could apply to us all really"

Exactly this..??

By *opinovMan
over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

"Does anyone else get annoyed when David Attenborough goes on about the climate was he bothered about it when he was travelling all over the world with his film crew making animal programs or was he more bothered about the money he was paid he has a bigger carbon footprint then most of us will ever have

I take it from your disgust you’ve never flown abroad for a non-essential trip?I have flown many times but I would never tell anyone else they should not"

Well, you just kinda did though didn't you... or at least criticised Attenborough for it.

By *topthepress OP   Man
over a year ago

MANCHESTER

"I'm not a fan of David Attenborough but he's just a bloke who did stuff in his life that is now deemed unacceptable. That description could apply to us all really

Exactly this..??"

I have never done anything environment wise which is unacceptable and then told everyone else what to do unlike Attenborough

over a year ago

"I'm not a fan of David Attenborough but he's just a bloke who did stuff in his life that is now deemed unacceptable. That description could apply to us all really

Exactly this..??I have never done anything environment wise which is unacceptable and then told everyone else what to do unlike Attenborough"

Leave the bloke alone. He's a legend. He's enlightened 4 generations of us to the wonders of the natural world. Done more to affect envirnonmental change than any other person on telly and brought joy into millions of lives.

What have you done?

over a year ago

North West

Exactly this..??I have never done anything environment wise which is unacceptable and then told everyone else what to do unlike Attenborough

Leave the bloke alone. He's a legend. He's enlightened 4 generations of us to the wonders of the natural world. Done more to affect envirnonmental change than any other person on telly and brought joy into millions of lives.

What have you done? "

^^^What Moon Grey said.

By *9alMan
over a year ago

Bridgend

totally agree this man should hang his head in shame or a least shut up & retire he has done more damage to the environment than most people tramping through delicate ecosystems with a camera crew & flying all over the place. A total hypocrite

over a year ago

If he never did what he did, would we be as educated now about climate change and all the other wonderful things he talks to us about? I don't think so. I'll forgive him for his not so perfect ways. He's done more for our environment than any of us will ever do.

By *topthepress OP   Man
over a year ago

MANCHESTER

Exactly this..??I have never done anything environment wise which is unacceptable and then told everyone else what to do unlike Attenborough

What have you done? "

me nothing I love David Attenborough programs very much and you are right he has done more environment damage then most of us will ever do I have never heard him apologize for it

By *nliveneTV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

[Removed by poster at 22/08/21 19:32:17]

over a year ago

I love Attenborough, but there have been a couple of times where I think if he was being honest in his monologues he'd say "I've spent my life watching humans fucking up the animal world I love and I want 80‰ of you to die so the planet can get back to health"

By *topthepress OP   Man
over a year ago

MANCHESTER

"If he never did what he did, would we be as educated now about climate change and all the other wonderful things he talks to us about? I don't think so. I'll forgive him for his not so perfect ways. He's done more for our environment than any of us will ever do. "
I enjoy his programs very much he has done alot for environment yea more damage then most of us will ever do time to apologize Sir David

By *yron69Man
over a year ago

Fareham

Damage is mainly done by cattle rearing, cement manufacture, mining and industry.

If DA hadn’t travelled we’d not even know of half the things there are out there to protect.

over a year ago

"If he never did what he did, would we be as educated now about climate change and all the other wonderful things he talks to us about? I don't think so. I'll forgive him for his not so perfect ways. He's done more for our environment than any of us will ever do. I enjoy his programs very much he has done alot for environment yea more damage then most of us will ever do time to apologize Sir David"

I've heard he's on Fab under the username ClimateChangeJetSetter so pop him a message I'm sure he will forgive you.

over a year ago

"If he never did what he did, would we be as educated now about climate change and all the other wonderful things he talks to us about? I don't think so. I'll forgive him for his not so perfect ways. He's done more for our environment than any of us will ever do. I enjoy his programs very much he has done alot for environment yea more damage then most of us will ever do time to apologize Sir David

I've heard he's on Fab under the username ClimateChangeJetSetter so pop him a message I'm sure he will forgive you. "

Oh wait you're asking him to apologise!

I don't think he should say sorry but you should for being so mean about sweet old David the lavish man!

By *topthepress OP   Man
over a year ago

MANCHESTER

"Damage is mainly done by cattle rearing, cement manufacture, mining and industry.

If DA hadn’t travelled we’d not even know of half the things there are out there to protect."

yea I agree so why does DA not know that in stead of telling us not to fly

By *nliveneTV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

"If he never did what he did, would we be as educated now about climate change and all the other wonderful things he talks to us about? I don't think so. I'll forgive him for his not so perfect ways. He's done more for our environment than any of us will ever do. "

By *topthepress OP   Man
over a year ago

MANCHESTER

"Does anyone else get annoyed when David Attenborough goes on about the climate was he bothered about it when he was travelling all over the world with his film crew making animal programs or was he more bothered about the money he was paid he has a bigger carbon footprint then most of us will ever have totally agree this man should hang his head in shame or a least shut up & retire he has done more damage to the environment than most people tramping through delicate ecosystems with a camera crew & flying all over the place. A total hypocrite

"

100% right

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple
over a year ago

Cumbria

He only show you what go on in the world with out him we could fall of the the cliff before we see it.

By *yron69Man
over a year ago

Fareham

"Damage is mainly done by cattle rearing, cement manufacture, mining and industry.

If DA hadn’t travelled we’d not even know of half the things there are out there to protect.yea I agree so why does DA not know that in stead of telling us not to fly"

When has he said to not fly? Limit flying maybe?

Years back global warming was not known about anyhow. He has helped chronicle a world that may well be largely gone in 50 years.

By *topthepress OP   Man
over a year ago

MANCHESTER

"If he never did what he did, would we be as educated now about climate change and all the other wonderful things he talks to us about? I don't think so. I'll forgive him for his not so perfect ways. He's done more for our environment than any of us will ever do. I enjoy his programs very much he has done alot for environment yea more damage then most of us will ever do time to apologize Sir David

I've heard he's on Fab under the username ClimateChangeJetSetter so pop him a message I'm sure he will forgive you.

I don't think he should say sorry but you should for being so mean about sweet old David the lavish man!"

must say he is better than his brother Dickie

over a year ago

Cumbria

"Does anyone else get annoyed when David Attenborough goes on about the climate was he bothered about it when he was travelling all over the world with his film crew making animal programs or was he more bothered about the money he was paid he has a bigger carbon footprint then most of us will ever have totally agree this man should hang his head in shame or a least shut up & retire he has done more damage to the environment than most people tramping through delicate ecosystems with a camera crew & flying all over the place. A total hypocrite

100% right"

Wow really he has dedicated his life to saving wild life and 100% of set his carbon footprint can you say the same.

By *yron69Man
over a year ago

Fareham

I don't think he should say sorry but you should for being so mean about sweet old David the lavish man! must say he is better than his brother Dickie"

Dickie’s dead

By *topthepress OP   Man
over a year ago

MANCHESTER

Yea I know

By *topthepress OP   Man
over a year ago

MANCHESTER

"He only show you what go on in the world with out him we could fall of the the cliff before we see it.

"

that might apply to you not me love the underwear by the way

By *hesblokeMan
over a year ago

Derbyshire village

Christ, I read the title and thought he'd died...

over a year ago

Cumbria

"He only show you what go on in the world with out him we could fall of the the cliff before we see it.

that might apply to you not me love the underwear by the way"

Just how many endangered species have you been a part of saving ?.

Thanks love our lingerie.

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

David Attenborough did it to educate so people could understand least he wasn't flying to catch the sun like the small minded who helped create climate change

By *topthepress OP   Man
over a year ago

MANCHESTER

Thanks love our lingerie."

none at all love his programs but not the damage he has done to the environment and then tells us all where we are going wrong

By *topthepress OP   Man
over a year ago

MANCHESTER

David Attenborough did it to educate so people could understand least he wasn't flying to catch the sun like the small minded who helped create climate change"

I dont need to be educated by DA un like you do

over a year ago

Thanks love our lingerie.none at all love his programs but not the damage he has done to the environment and then tells us all where we are going wrong"

Explain how you love the root cause of what you’re criticising.

Had he not been making the programmes he did, he wouldn’t have travelled. Yet you denounce the travel that was necessary to deliver an outcome you’ve expressed favour for.

over a year ago

He did make some good films though , ice cold in alex is my favourite

over a year ago

Cumbria

Thanks love our lingerie.none at all love his programs but not the damage he has done to the environment and then tells us all where we are going wrong"

Is all of set by the good 10x it's a close mind you can not see the good has been do .

Do you like Gorillaz as there would be no wild gorillaz without him and his trip to the Congo.

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

David Attenborough did it to educate so people could understand least he wasn't flying to catch the sun like the small minded who helped create climate change I dont need to be educated by DA un like you do "

Some of us don't need educated by him but it's something natural and lovely to see someone is trying to make others aware.

What makes you think I do ? I honestly think you fell out of bed this morning or got rejected

By *onb21Woman
over a year ago

Cardiff

Who cares, it's still the truth.

I think it's immature to reject something just because the delivery is not palatable or done by someone that doesn't suit.

By *yron69Man
over a year ago

Fareham

Unless you’ve been everywhere by donkey I’d suggest you leave David alone.

By *9alMan
over a year ago

Bridgend

"He did make some good films though , ice cold in alex is my favourite "

I think that was his brother ?

By *yron69Man
over a year ago

Fareham

"He did make some good films though , ice cold in alex is my favourite

I think that was his brother ? "

Wasn’t Richard at all. John Mills was leading actor.

over a year ago

North West

David Attenborough is pretty much the only "celebrity" I will mourn the passing of, when the time comes. He is not "just" a TV presenter, he is a scientist. He has made, through his TV programme trips, extensive discoveries of hitherto unknown or unobserved species and has informed scientific developments to PROTECT nature.

He was also instrumental in the development of television itself, having held the position of controller of BBC2, where his work informed the more widespread use of colour filming, and he was also director of programming for the BBC.

His legacy is far more wide reaching than natural history and is quite frankly way beyond any other "celebrity" I can think of.

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

"David Attenborough is pretty much the only "celebrity" I will mourn the passing of, when the time comes. He is not "just" a TV presenter, he is a scientist. He has made, through his TV programme trips, extensive discoveries of hitherto unknown or unobserved species and has informed scientific developments to PROTECT nature.

He was also instrumental in the development of television itself, having held the position of controller of BBC2, where his work informed the more widespread use of colour filming, and he was also director of programming for the BBC.

His legacy is far more wide reaching than natural history and is quite frankly way beyond any other "celebrity" I can think of. "

Totally agree and only person I know that has been extremely passionate about his work to give the wider population an in-depth analysis of things that would be impossible to know.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"David Attenborough is pretty much the only "celebrity" I will mourn the passing of, when the time comes. He is not "just" a TV presenter, he is a scientist. He has made, through his TV programme trips, extensive discoveries of hitherto unknown or unobserved species and has informed scientific developments to PROTECT nature.

His legacy is far more wide reaching than natural history and is quite frankly way beyond any other "celebrity" I can think of. "

I would wholeheartedly agree with everything you said here. I consider him a national treasure and I love his voice, it is just so soothing when he brings home his different nature programmes.

By *topthepress OP   Man
over a year ago

MANCHESTER

. I agree with all of the above all I'm saying is did he not realise at the time the damage he was doing to the environment my flying all over the world making TV and now his working life is over he tells us how we should stop this and that for environmental reasons

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

His legacy is far more wide reaching than natural history and is quite frankly way beyond any other "celebrity" I can think of. . I agree with all of the above all I'm saying is did he not realise at the time the damage he was doing to the environment my flying all over the world making TV and now his working life is over he tells us how we should stop this and that for environmental reasons"

At times things are sacrificed unwillingly for a very important purpose but also pointing out how the environment is affecting wildlife caused by humans

By *topthepress OP   Man
over a year ago

MANCHESTER

His legacy is far more wide reaching than natural history and is quite frankly way beyond any other "celebrity" I can think of.

I would wholeheartedly agree with everything you said here. I consider him a national treasure and I love his voice, it is just so soothing when he brings home his different nature programmes. "

yea nature programs that him and all the film crew have flown all over the world causing environment damage

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

His legacy is far more wide reaching than natural history and is quite frankly way beyond any other "celebrity" I can think of. . I agree with all of the above all I'm saying is did he not realise at the time the damage he was doing to the environment my flying all over the world making TV and now his working life is over he tells us how we should stop this and that for environmental reasons"

Understand, fair point. When I think of my parents' generation they did ,too. Fly all over the place without worrying too much but at the same time they are "green" in many other ways.

Point taken.

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

Thanks to him and the world savers we now poke our rapidly soggifiying cardboard straws through our lids of high mileage producing McDonald milkshakes... and the irony is .. those lids are still plastic... however on the plus side I was pleased to see cardboard spacers on my six pack of Foster's the other day

By *topthepress OP   Man
over a year ago

MANCHESTER

Yea but I'm sure your family did not sit down with you and preach environment issues

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

I would wholeheartedly agree with everything you said here. I consider him a national treasure and I love his voice, it is just so soothing when he brings home his different nature programmes. yea nature programs that him and all the film crew have flown all over the world causing environment damage"

David Attenborough traveling didn't cause climate change he wasn't going on holiday he was making a documentary how the impact of the rest were having a impact on the wildlife and environment causing climate change not sitting in the sun drinking cocktails

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"Yea but I'm sure your family did not sit down with you and preach environment issues"

Well, perhaps not but they started talking more about what we should not do once they realised that ALL these things contribute.

By *topthepress OP   Man
over a year ago

MANCHESTER

"Thanks to him and the world savers we now poke our rapidly soggifiying cardboard straws through our lids of high mileage producing McDonald milkshakes... and the irony is .. those lids are still plastic... however on the plus side I was pleased to see cardboard spacers on my six pack of Foster's the other day "
MacDonalds one of the world's worse for environmental issues child Obisaty do they still give toys out to kids

over a year ago

Attenborough has single handedly done more to change global views and policy on climate than anyone of us ever has or will. His life’s work has been dedicated to it. Your comments are an insult.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"Thanks to him and the world savers we now poke our rapidly soggifiying cardboard straws through our lids of high mileage producing McDonald milkshakes... and the irony is .. those lids are still plastic... however on the plus side I was pleased to see cardboard spacers on my six pack of Foster's the other day MacDonalds one of the world's worse for environmental issues child Obisaty do they still give toys out to kids "

I despise Macdonald and everything they stand for. Agreed!

By *topthepress OP   Man
over a year ago

MANCHESTER

I would wholeheartedly agree with everything you said here. I consider him a national treasure and I love his voice, it is just so soothing when he brings home his different nature programmes. yea nature programs that him and all the film crew have flown all over the world causing environment damage

David Attenborough traveling didn't cause climate change he wasn't going on holiday he was making a documentary how the impact of the rest were having a impact on the wildlife and environment causing climate change not sitting in the sun drinking cocktails "

his airline must be new then carbon free and a family holiday once a year would never reach the carbon footprint of DA throughout his career

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

Attenborough has single handedly done more to change global views and policy on climate than anyone of us ever has or will. His life’s work has been dedicated to it. Your comments are an insult. "

I also really like how he supports Greta's work, taking her seriously when many tell her to go back to school.

David has raised awareness of the environment like nobody else I can think of. Not just in the UK btw.

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

Attenborough has single handedly done more to change global views and policy on climate than anyone of us ever has or will. His life’s work has been dedicated to it. Your comments are an insult. "

And made Deborah meaden make a difference too

By *topthepress OP   Man
over a year ago

MANCHESTER

ok if his life work has been dedicated to it why fly all over the world many times does not sound very climate friendly to me maybe there was a nice pay packet for him after

By *topthepress OP   Man
over a year ago

MANCHESTER

Attenborough has single handedly done more to change global views and policy on climate than anyone of us ever has or will. His life’s work has been dedicated to it. Your comments are an insult.

And made Deborah meaden make a difference too"

lol Deborah who cares about anything as long as I'm making money meaden wake up man

By *topthepress OP   Man
over a year ago

MANCHESTER

I also really like how he supports Greta's work, taking her seriously when many tell her to go back to school.

David has raised awareness of the environment like nobody else I can think of. Not just in the UK btw. "

yea a agree but that's now why not when he was making his TV program s or was he to busy picking up his wages

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

I would wholeheartedly agree with everything you said here. I consider him a national treasure and I love his voice, it is just so soothing when he brings home his different nature programmes. yea nature programs that him and all the film crew have flown all over the world causing environment damage

David Attenborough traveling didn't cause climate change he wasn't going on holiday he was making a documentary how the impact of the rest were having a impact on the wildlife and environment causing climate change not sitting in the sun drinking cocktails his airline must be new then carbon free and a family holiday once a year would never reach the carbon footprint of DA throughout his career"

What I don't understand and I think everyone else, what has made you pick David Attenborough when he has dedicated his whole life to something that he is extremely compassionate about because he has saw and understood not only the damage but suffering caused by neglect which affects the environment and wildlife. Traveling for the purpose of research would be more beneficial then a spot in the sunshine for a tan

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

David Attenborough traveling didn't cause climate change he wasn't going on holiday he was making a documentary how the impact of the rest were having a impact on the wildlife and environment causing climate change not sitting in the sun drinking cocktails his airline must be new then carbon free and a family holiday once a year would never reach the carbon footprint of DA throughout his career

What I don't understand and I think everyone else, what has made you pick David Attenborough when he has dedicated his whole life to something that he is extremely compassionate about because he has saw and understood not only the damage but suffering caused by neglect which affects the environment and wildlife. Traveling for the purpose of research would be more beneficial then a spot in the sunshine for a tan "

I agree with you and I think the point is perhaps being laboured now. His contributions do outweigh the weight of criticism in my books.

By *topthepress OP   Man
over a year ago

MANCHESTER

I am sure he received a very good salary from the BBC too which is why maybe he never spoke about the climate in the programs just the animal s

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

And made Deborah meaden make a difference too lol Deborah who cares about anything as long as I'm making money meaden wake up man"

I totally disagree with this because if it effects the environment she definitely isn't going to cross palms with money she reject regardless

By *topthepress OP   Man
over a year ago

MANCHESTER

Thank you all for a very interesting debate going to watch cycling now have a lovely evening

By *ushandkittyCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

I dont know if it it true or not but I have heard it said that David Attenborough has seen more of the world than anyone else in history, and also likely to have seen more of the world than anyone else in the future too!!

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"I dont know if it it true or not but I have heard it said that David Attenborough has seen more of the world than anyone else in history, and also likely to have seen more of the world than anyone else in the future too!!"

Except perhaps the three musketeers who went into space recently?

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

"Thank you all for a very interesting debate going to watch cycling now have a lovely evening"

You do know that you television has an impact on the environment

By *drianukMan
over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

"Attenborough should be sacked. The BBC Charter requires the BBC to be impartial.

Attenborough just ignores that and acts as a propagandist. He should be pushed out

What utter brainless tosh."

Lay off the personal abuse, please. I haven't insulted you

By *drianukMan
over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

Attenborough clearly has political views. That's fine.

But he shouldn't break the BBC Charter by politicking on air.

It's as simple as that. He should be reminded and, if he continues breaking the Charter, he should be sacked.

As should anyone who abuses their position

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"Attenborough clearly has political views. That's fine.

It's as simple as that. He should be reminded and, if he continues breaking the Charter, he should be sacked.

As should anyone who abuses their position"

In fairness, if talking about abuse of power - that should be most of the current government....

over a year ago

As should anyone who abuses their position"

Trying to interrupt an ecological disaster and save species from extinction is not politicking it's common decency.

By *drianukMan
over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

In fairness, if talking about abuse of power - that should be most of the current government...."

Government ministers and MPs are allowed to talk politics. It's why we elect them ..and we can vote them out if we don't agree with their views.

Attenborough is in a different position

over a year ago

In fairness, if talking about abuse of power - that should be most of the current government....

Government ministers and MPs are allowed to talk politics. It's why we elect them ..and we can vote them out if we don't agree with their views.

Attenborough is in a different position"

She was talking about abuses of power. To the tune of billions too.

By *drianukMan
over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

She was talking about abuses of power. To the tune of billions too."

Maybe so. But that doesn't excuse Attenborough's breach of the BBC Charter

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

Attenborough is in a different position"

I am talking about abusing power....

Besides, Attenborough's mission to save the planet is a objective that in urgency supersedes most arguments. I kind of think (almost) anything goes there.

over a year ago

A thousand percent agree!

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

She was talking about abuses of power. To the tune of billions too."

By *drianukMan
over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

Besides, Attenborough's mission to save the planet is a objective that in urgency supersedes most arguments. I kind of think (almost) anything goes there."

You agree with Attenborough's political views and seem to think it is okay, therefore, for him to breach the BBC Charter.

What if he used his position to propagate views you don't like?

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

Besides, Attenborough's mission to save the planet is a objective that in urgency supersedes most arguments. I kind of think (almost) anything goes there.

You agree with Attenborough's political views and seem to think it is okay, therefore, for him to breach the BBC Charter.

What if he used his position to propagate views you don't like?"

You know I could quite literally not give a flying flamingo if this were about his political views. He uses the platforms he as access to, uses his tremendous energy to make people understand there is not plan B. This is not about some little local project, this is about the world we leave to our children and grandchildren.

Yes, I d say he should use whatever he can to promote the awareness campaign.

over a year ago

What if he used his position to propagate views you don't like?"

Do you actually think him pointing out that in his lifetime 50% of the world's species have died out is politics? Seriously? Don't you have young family? Are you not concerned what world they will inherit? Most of it is on fire atm. Is that a political view too?

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

In fairness, if talking about abuse of power - that should be most of the current government...."

Agree and Prince Andrew

over a year ago

North West

Do you actually think him pointing out that in his lifetime 50% of the world's species have died out is politics? Seriously? Don't you have young family? Are you not concerned what world they will inherit? Most of it is on fire atm. Is that a political view too? "

Exactly! Campaigning about the environment and global climate change is not and should not be political. It's one of those issues that should transcend petty politics but BECAUSE we are consumed by stupid political posturing, environmental awareness, climate change etc has been politicised. Species going extinct couldn't give a shit if you are a Conservative, Liberal, Green, Monster Raving Loony or frankly, Taliban etc. Nor should someone's brand of politics have influence over the extent to which they work for a better environment for all.

By *ushandkittyCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

"I dont know if it it true or not but I have heard it said that David Attenborough has seen more of the world than anyone else in history, and also likely to have seen more of the world than anyone else in the future too!!

Except perhaps the three musketeers who went into space recently? "

Maybe poor wording on my part maybe I should of said 'visited' rather than 'seen' as obviously anyone who has looked at Earth from space would of seen a great majority, if not all, if it

By *drianukMan
over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

You know I could quite literally not give a flying flamingo if this were about his political views. He uses the platforms he as access to, uses his tremendous energy to make people understand there is not plan B. This is not about some little local project, this is about the world we leave to our children and grandchildren.

Yes, I d say he should use whatever he can to promote the awareness campaign. "

What you call an "awareness campaign" is a political campaign. What's the difference?

What if he misused his position to campaign for political views you didn't like? Would you support that?

No, we have to have rules applied equally to everyone

By *drianukMan
over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

Do you actually think him pointing out that in his lifetime 50% of the world's species have died out is politics? Seriously? Don't you have young family? Are you not concerned what world they will inherit? Most of it is on fire atm. Is that a political view too? "

Of course it is politics. Some people take a different view...that climate change is BS.

What if a TV presenter broke the Charter to campaign for views you didn't like?

Would you approve of that?

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

What have you done? "

Well said , bloke has educated the entire planet and even bought about law changes , worldwide.

Absolute legend and I for one will be genuinely sad when ho goes

By *drianukMan
over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

What have you done?

Well said , bloke has educated the entire planet and even bought about law changes , worldwide.

Absolute legend and I for one will be genuinely sad when ho goes "

You support the climate change rubbish. Fair enough. That's your right.

What if he campaigned against the climate-chane stuff via his publicly funded platform? Would you be happy?

Fairness rules exist for a purpose

over a year ago

"No I love the man"

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

What have you done?

What if he campaigned against the climate-chane stuff via his publicly funded platform? Would you be happy?

Fairness rules exist for a purpose"

I won't dignify this with an actual answer . Good luck on fab dude

over a year ago

"

What have you done?

Absolute legend and I for one will be genuinely sad when ho goes "

By *drianukMan
over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

What have you done?

Fairness rules exist for a purpose

I won't dignify this with an actual answer . Good luck on fab dude "

Try to answer

over a year ago

David Attenborough is quite genuinely one of my heroes. It pisses me off that anyone can consider what he's choosing to do (in his 90s!) for the environment, the planet and the future of all life on earth as anything other than bloody amazing. He is a legend!

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"David Attenborough is quite genuinely one of my heroes. It pisses me off that anyone can consider what he's choosing to do (in his 90s!) for the environment, the planet and the future of all life on earth as anything other than bloody amazing. He is a legend!

"

Xxx

over a year ago

"David Attenborough is quite genuinely one of my heroes. It pisses me off that anyone can consider what he's choosing to do (in his 90s!) for the environment, the planet and the future of all life on earth as anything other than bloody amazing. He is a legend!

Xxx

"

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"

What have you done?

"

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"

Absofuckinlutely well said

By *eadseekerMan
over a year ago

worcester

If it wasn't for David Attenborough we wouldn't know anything about climate change.

By *drianukMan
over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

Attenborough is entitled to his opinions.

He is NOT entitled to ignore the BBC Charter to inflict his own views on everyone else.

The Charter insists on giving CA fair and balanced view. It is there for a purpose.

Sack him

over a year ago

"Attenborough is entitled to his opinions.

He is NOT entitled to ignore the BBC Charter to inflict his own views on everyone else.

The Charter insists on giving CA fair and balanced view. It is there for a purpose.

Sack him"

Manmade climate change isn't an opinion, it is scientific fact. If you believe something else, it isn't an opinion that is entitled to equal validity because it ignores scientific evidence.

His work on educating people about the preciousness of the planet and all living things certainly outweigh any carbon emissions (which I would imagine he is careful to offset) plus most of his work in the last ten years has been from a little padded booth because it is just voice over work.

By *drianukMan
over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

Sack him

Manmade climate change isn't an opinion, it is scientific fact. If you believe something else, it isn't an opinion that is entitled to equal validity because it ignores scientific evidence.

His work on educating people about the preciousness of the planet and all living things certainly outweigh any carbon emissions (which I would imagine he is careful to offset) plus most of his work in the last ten years has been from a little padded booth because it is just voice over work."

It isn't a fact. It is highly contentious.

The BBC Charter says that contentious matters should be reported in a fair and balanced way.

Attenborough is a propagandist. As such he should be sacked

over a year ago

Sack him

His work on educating people about the preciousness of the planet and all living things certainly outweigh any carbon emissions (which I would imagine he is careful to offset) plus most of his work in the last ten years has been from a little padded booth because it is just voice over work.

The BBC Charter says that contentious matters should be reported in a fair and balanced way.

Attenborough is a propagandist. As such he should be sacked"

Disagreeing with something is not highly contentious when 98.5% of scientists that have studied all data agree. That's a much higher percentage than the number of Americans that think the earth is much older than 6000 years. Does that mean that that is contentious?

over a year ago

Sack him

David Attenborough is the greatest living Englishman and should be honoured.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

No. He's engaging in the subject in a way that is meaningful to him.

He has great passion and power. If he can help to improve the future for the world, then it's a wonderful thing.

By *oob suckerMan
over a year ago

woking

What utter brainless tosh."

Couldn’t agree more. I respect David, he was highlighting the threat to our planet when Greta was twitch in her grandfathers nutsack. (Nice Human Traffic reference there) but being serious again, for a moment, he’s an absolute inspiration for the world.

By *drianukMan
over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

Sack him

Disagreeing with something is not highly contentious when 98.5% of scientists that have studied all data agree. That's a much higher percentage than the number of Americans that think the earth is much older than 6000 years. Does that mean that that is contentious?"

98.5% of scientists don't agree. That has been thoroughly dissected many times.

Even if the 98.5% was true it doesn't make it so. Most people used to believe the earth was flat

By *drianukMan
over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

Couldn’t agree more. I respect David, he was highlighting the threat to our planet when Greta was twitch in her grandfathers nutsack. (Nice Human Traffic reference there) but being serious again, for a moment, he’s an absolute inspiration for the world.

"

He's been coming out with propaganda for a long time. That doesn't make it true

over a year ago

He's been coming out with propaganda for a long time. That doesn't make it true"

You're enjoying yourself aren't you.

By *idan31Man
over a year ago

ashby

China produces 25% of the worlds carbon. Uk less than 2%. So whatever we do in the uk it’s a drop in the ocean.

Ps.... the uk sold all its coal power stations to the Chinese for £1 each... on the basis that they dismantled them and took them away themselves ....

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Sack him

No. Global heating is not something where uncertainty of its existence and cause exists. The BBC officially changed its stance on this many years ago, as it does not need to, nor have a policy of, providing a platform for deniers, where no evidence supports them. It is fair and balanced to communicate the levels certainty that exists within all of the relevant areas of scientific expertise and evidence. It may be contentious to some oil companies but that's about it. We've moved on from darker days, when we were hoodwinked, with shills subverting public opinion via the media.

over a year ago

Sack him

Disagreeing with something is not highly contentious when 98.5% of scientists that have studied all data agree. That's a much higher percentage than the number of Americans that think the earth is much older than 6000 years. Does that mean that that is contentious?

Even if the 98.5% was true it doesn't make it so. Most people used to believe the earth was flat"

But not based on any actual evidence.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"China produces 25% of the worlds carbon. Uk less than 2%. So whatever we do in the uk it’s a drop in the ocean.

Ps.... the uk sold all its coal power stations to the Chinese for £1 each... on the basis that they dismantled them and took them away themselves .... "

It makes it none the less urgent that major, substantial changes are needed to limit the damage to our world. We have to gain buy-in and work collaboratively, not point fingers, whilst giving up, throwing away the most important time to do something, which is now.

over a year ago

Here we see signs of the swinging species. Cocks, balls and let's not forget the pussies..

Classic swinger territory

over a year ago

"Here we see signs of the swinging species. Cocks, balls and let's not forget the pussies..

Classic swinger territory "

And trolls, don't forget trolls.

By *oob suckerMan
over a year ago

woking

"Here we see signs of the swinging species. Cocks, balls and let's not forget the pussies..

Very good!

over a year ago

"China produces 25% of the worlds carbon. Uk less than 2%. So whatever we do in the uk it’s a drop in the ocean.

Ps.... the uk sold all its coal power stations to the Chinese for £1 each... on the basis that they dismantled them and took them away themselves .... "

Now if you shift that carbon emission into the end user of what is being produced that shifts the numbers significantly.

Either way, looking at a mountain and saying "Getting to the top would be great, but the last bit is going to be hard so let's not take the first step" is defeatism

By *itzi999Woman
over a year ago

Slough

" I’ve heard he's on Fab under the username ClimateChangeJetSetter "

could you imagine?????!

By *itzi999Woman
over a year ago

Slough

Lolzzzzz

over a year ago

"Thank god this is not a thread to say he's died"

That’s exactly what I first thought

By *ed VoluptaWoman
over a year ago

Wirral.

I certainly can't disagree with the education he's provided, the passion for wildlife & all the good he has done in seeking to protect the natural world. Climate change is real and scary & maybe he's right to pontificate?

BUT, I've got to say, he really does get on my tits. Sorry

By *wistedTooCouple
over a year ago

Frimley

No. Bringing awareness the way he has about nature to the world has easily outweighed the carbon footprint he has created. We have all travelled across the world knowing it’s bad for the world and done zero for the actual world as a whole. He gets a pass on it for the work he’s done. None of us do. So, no. Not at all.

over a year ago

"I certainly can't disagree with the education he's provided, the passion for wildlife & all the good he has done in seeking to protect the natural world. Climate change is real and scary & maybe he's right to pontificate?

BUT, I've got to say, he really does get on my tits. Sorry "

You're dead to me

By *ed VoluptaWoman
over a year ago

Wirral.

"I certainly can't disagree with the education he's provided, the passion for wildlife & all the good he has done in seeking to protect the natural world. Climate change is real and scary & maybe he's right to pontificate?

You're dead to me "

Noooooo! I'm sorry

Please love me

over a year ago

You're dead to me

Noooooo! I'm sorry

Please love me "

You wash your mouth out young lady.

By *ed VoluptaWoman
over a year ago

Wirral.

You're dead to me

Noooooo! I'm sorry

Please love me

You wash your mouth out young lady. "

Best not go on the Unpopular Thread......

over a year ago

Sack him

Even if the 98.5% was true it doesn't make it so. Most people used to believe the earth was flat

But not based on any actual evidence."

I disagree. The "evidence" at the time fitted in with the flat model. If you don't travel far, the world is flat enough.

Continuing to support a flat world theory when there is new evidence is bad science. Scientists change their opinions when the evidence changes.

On climate change... I've not read enough about this. It's a hugely complex subject. I suspect their is some evidence supporting all sides. There usually is in complex matters. The trouble I find with many science issues is the minority arent well versed in scientific debate and so look like they lack credibility. That doesn't mean they are wrong per se. But makes it hard to give a platform to.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

I am trying not to laugh but this was funny.

So, Helen Mirren (whom I respect a great deal)said something along the following lines (not specifically relating to climate change)

Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, if that person is capable of understanding a different perspective. Because if not, there is no point in continuing the conversation.

So without wishing to offend anybody with an opinion, differing from mine, the mere notion there are people still questioning the reality of climate change while the world is literally burning, it is raining on peak of Greenland's ice cap for the first time on record and June 2021 was the fifth-warmest June – and the warmest for Earth's land areas – since global record-keeping began in 1880.....

I think I will take my concerns, contributions and energy to a forum of climate change scientists.

Post new Message to Thread