Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Lieing

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi, I've come to the conclusion some on here are lieing about their age... By about 20yrs It's plain to see in their photo they are way older

Why do they do it???...& Then go and meet someone... Shock horror for the peeps that meet them

I met 2 Catfish on another site... both were supposed to be in their mid 30s but both looked close to 60

Silly me for not insisting on cam or live pics before meeting

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *uke OzadeMan
over a year ago

Ho Chi Minge City

Not me. I really do look as old as I am!

By *andsome HandMan
over a year ago

roundabout

Absolute cads, bounders and chancers I tell ya

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

I'm really only 36.

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

[Removed by poster at 22/08/21 14:59:56]

By *andsome HandMan
over a year ago

roundabout

"I'm really only 36. "

You don't look a day over 26

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"

Hi, I've come to the conclusion some on here are lieing about their age... By about 20yrs It's plain to see in their photo they are way older

Why do they do it???...& Then go and meet someone... Shock horror for the peeps that meet them

I met 2 Catfish on another site... both were supposed to be in their mid 30s but both looked close to 60

Silly me for not insisting on cam or live pics before meeting "

Something I think people are that desperate for attention and/or sex they will do anything to get it.

From what I've seen and on here your options are limited once you get to about 50ish and seem to decline quickly.

over a year ago

20 years?

They're just pulling your legs, surely. How can anyone be that delusional???

over a year ago

"

Something I think people are that desperate for attention and/or sex they will do anything to get it.

From what I've seen and on here your options are limited once you get to about 50ish and seem to decline quickly."

Not that I've noticed amongst the 50s men I've met here.

over a year ago

If I said I was 20 years younger I'd be a toddler

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Our ages aren't correct to the actual day, we don't use our real DOB on the net. The year is correct though

We've been quite surprised at how economical with the truth some can be when it comes to age.

By *B69Woman
over a year ago

south west

I often doubt people’s ages when they have sent pictures, then it makes me wonder what else their lying about

By *nliveneTV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

I do have 42 but many don't believe

over a year ago

"20 years?

They're just pulling your legs, surely. How can anyone be that delusional??? "

Nope. They defo lie. They're only fooling themselves & yes delusional thinking they'd actually pass for 20 yrs younger like OMG. A guy text me today claiming to be 41. No way was he 41...he looks like he's in his 60s

Crazy Behaviour

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I think that in the late and early years of two decades you can get away with it. So a 62 year old person could probably claim to be 58 and be believed.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Because someone, once upon a time, a couple of decades ago said they looked good for their age and could pass for younger. Cue them holding on to this belief for a couple of centuries.

You can tell can't you? I remember meeting someone and asking their real age soon after because it was clear they'd knocked a few years off, so they can meet those they want to apparently. Meh. People.

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

You've got me. I'm really 9 years old.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Because someone, once upon a time, a couple of decades ago said they looked good for their age and could pass for younger. Cue them holding on to this belief for a couple of centuries.

You can tell can't you? I remember meeting someone and asking their real age soon after because it was clear they'd knocked a few years off, so they can meet those they want to apparently. Meh. People."

Necks and hands don't lie.

By *affron40Woman
over a year ago

manchester

On here it’s largely to get around filters.. they think that once you get to know them you’re so overwhelmed by lust that their little fibs no longer matter… job done..

over a year ago

"Because someone, once upon a time, a couple of decades ago said they looked good for their age and could pass for younger. Cue them holding on to this belief for a couple of centuries.

You can tell can't you? I remember meeting someone and asking their real age soon after because it was clear they'd knocked a few years off, so they can meet those they want to apparently. Meh. People."

I think you've got it!!

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

I was in a chat group in 2018 with a guy who had a fab age of 55 but he admitted to the group he was actually 58.

The last time I saw his profile a few months ago he was 50.

By *iBBWLondonWoman
over a year ago

London

" From what I've seen and on here your options are limited once you get to about 50ish and seem to decline quickly."

Hahahahaha! You’re kidding, right? 50 is the new 25 sweetie x

over a year ago

Mines is right in fact I get the total opposite people think I am in my 20s

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

I'm so old and with the senility I have forgotten how old I am. I'm guessing 42.

By *AURA6969TV/TS
over a year ago

RUGBY

I'm now 71 don't see the point in lieing. If you don't want a 71 yr old then that's your perogative. I'm not going to loose any sleep.

over a year ago

"20 years?

Nope. They defo lie. They're only fooling themselves & yes delusional thinking they'd actually pass for 20 yrs younger like OMG. A guy text me today claiming to be 41. No way was he 41...he looks like he's in his 60s

Crazy Behaviour "

People can't often guess my age but that's largely down to my hair not being grey yet and my small stature perhaps.

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I was in a chat group in 2018 with a guy who had a fab age of 55 but he admitted to the group he was actually 58.

The last time I saw his profile a few months ago he was 50. "

Obviously honesty is preferable but I could forgive a couple of years but 8 is pushing it!

I've seen a guy on here who I met in a club and he was in his 40s when I met him 10 years ago but his fab age is mid 30s

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I laugh inwardly when they out themselves without knowing it.

One guy spent ages telling us about the first pads holiday he went on, what year it was and his fond memories of it. If the age he told us was correct he would have been about 8 years old at the time. How we chortled on the way home.

By * little bit naughtyCouple
over a year ago

Bedford

There was and old guy who was showing off a picture of his girlfriend.

His mates told him she was really hot, and wondered how he could get a lady like her.

“Well, I lied about my age - by twenty years.”

“She thinks you’re forty?”

“No, she thinks I’m eighty!”

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Pads ? Lads

over a year ago

You can tell can't you? I remember meeting someone and asking their real age soon after because it was clear they'd knocked a few years off, so they can meet those they want to apparently. Meh. People.

Necks and hands don't lie. "

So true.

over a year ago

Its not just men that do it, I had a "26" year old woman view my profile so when I checked her out she was clearly 40odd!!

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Its not just men that do it, I had a "26" year old woman view my profile so when I checked her out she was clearly 40odd!! "

Women are worse I think.

over a year ago

"I was in a chat group in 2018 with a guy who had a fab age of 55 but he admitted to the group he was actually 58.

The last time I saw his profile a few months ago he was 50. "

Gosh, are we speaking of the same person, I wonder? The chap I know is also 58, about to turn 59 yet his profile says he is 50.

By *opinovMan
over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

Yeah... there seems to be little differentiation between euphemism and downright lie on some folk's profiles.

over a year ago

"Pads ? Lads "

I was trying to work out what a 'pads' holiday was.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Pads ? Lads

I was trying to work out what a 'pads' holiday was. "

I'm an absolute devil for not proof reading.

over a year ago

"Its not just men that do it, I had a "26" year old woman view my profile so when I checked her out she was clearly 40odd!! "

Sorry, I read that as 40 DD.

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

" From what I've seen and on here your options are limited once you get to about 50ish and seem to decline quickly.

Hahahahaha! You’re kidding, right? 50 is the new 25 sweetie x"

I didn't join until I was 52 and age has never been an issue

over a year ago

I’m 45 and get a year older every 6 months

over a year ago

"Pads ? Lads

I was trying to work out what a 'pads' holiday was.

I'm an absolute devil for not proof reading. "

You clearly have not been reading my posts.

By *AURA6969TV/TS
over a year ago

RUGBY

"I laugh inwardly when they out themselves without knowing it.

One guy spent ages telling us about the first pads holiday he went on, what year it was and his fond memories of it. If the age he told us was correct he would have been about 8 years old at the time. How we chortled on the way home.

"

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

The last time I saw his profile a few months ago he was 50.

Obviously honesty is preferable but I could forgive a couple of years but 8 is pushing it!

I've seen a guy on here who I met in a club and he was in his 40s when I met him 10 years ago but his fab age is mid 30s "

If he was 58 in 2018 he is obviously 61 now so it's an 11 year difference

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

I had a social meet years back, he had said he was 37, when we met for a coffee he was clearly in his 50s.

It obviously went no further as I hate being deceived.

By *ecadent_DevonMan
over a year ago

Okehampton

My profile age is actually a year older than my actual age.

Because I’m an idiot

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 22/08/21 15:43:24]

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

"Its not just men that do it, I had a "26" year old woman view my profile so when I checked her out she was clearly 40odd!!

Women are worse I think. "

Yep; I'd agree with this. Once a woman is above 35 I tend to add a couple more years on. You are right though, hands and necks do show age - I don't understand what's wrong with being the age you are (nothing wrong with changing dob or a couple of years at a push).

over a year ago

I look younger than I am lol

over a year ago

I’m 48 and my knees are about 60

By *affron40Woman
over a year ago

manchester

"Its not just men that do it, I had a "26" year old woman view my profile so when I checked her out she was clearly 40odd!!

Women are worse I think.

Yep; I'd agree with this. Once a woman is above 35 I tend to add a couple more years on. You are right though, hands and necks do show age - I don't understand what's wrong with being the age you are (nothing wrong with changing dob or a couple of years at a push)."

Oiiiii!!! You leave my age alone mrs!!!

over a year ago

"20 years?

Crazy Behaviour

People can't often guess my age but that's largely down to my hair not being grey yet and my small stature perhaps."

You'd pass for late 40s no doubt about that

Most can get away with up to 5yrs. Like say it can be difficult to tell sometimes if someone is in their late 40s or early 50s or late 20s early 30s & so on...but some peeps rip the ass outta it. How many are highly stressed then before a meet...knowing they're gonna be decked that they were Cat-Fishing & yes lieing about your age to the extreme is viewed as a fake profile to me

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Women are worse I think.

Yep; I'd agree with this. Once a woman is above 35 I tend to add a couple more years on. You are right though, hands and necks do show age - I don't understand what's wrong with being the age you are (nothing wrong with changing dob or a couple of years at a push)."

There is huge pressure both overt and covert to conceal your age, especially once you start to show real tell tale signs. Cover your arms, don't wear shorts, don't wear low cut tops, hide bingo wings, Botox,concealer, anti wrinkle blah de blah. If you're told often enough to hide something it becomes something to be ashamed of. Hence the insistence from many that "I'm not mature" "I still behave like I did when I was a teenager" etc and not admitting to the number of years they've been alive.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

But no Meli I don't understand what's wrong with just being the age you are. I would say that though, wouldn't I

over a year ago

"

Silly me for not insisting on cam or live pics before meeting "

How can people get away with that?? How did U handle the situation? I’d be so emberassed if I were them ….

By *rAitchMan
over a year ago

Diagonally Parked in a Parallel Universe

My profile age is my true age, but apparently I look younger than I am. Most who try to guess my age think I am about 6 or 7 years younger than I am, so I'm happy with that!

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

My dad puts his age on. As soon as his 94th birthday was over he started telling everyone he was in his 95th year

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

Women are worse I think.

Is that so?! I always just assumed they'd had a tough life.

over a year ago

Lots do it maybe because people have filters on their profile up to a certain age and they are over that so they lie

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Not me. I really do look as old as I am! "

If I shave ma goatee off, I get asked for id when I go into pubs

over a year ago

"Not me. I really do look as old as I am!

If I shave ma goatee off, I get asked for id when I go into pubs "

I just walk in they look over me lol

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"My profile age is actually a year older than my actual age.

Because I’m an idiot "

Ma Cousin sent me a Happy 60th card this year, I was only 59, the cheeky mare

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Women are worse I think.

Yep; I'd agree with this. Once a woman is above 35 I tend to add a couple more years on. You are right though, hands and necks do show age - I don't understand what's wrong with being the age you are (nothing wrong with changing dob or a couple of years at a push).

Oiiiii!!! You leave my age alone mrs!!! "

Sorry Saff! I only add a year on to your age.

By *urplechesterCouple
over a year ago

chester

We understand that some ladies adjust their age to protect identity etc, and that’s absolutely fine, as long as we’re told whilst chatting! We have our correct ages on our profile! Miss pc

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

"There is huge pressure both overt and covert to conceal your age, especially once you start to show real tell tale signs. Cover your arms, don't wear shorts, don't wear low cut tops, hide bingo wings, Botox,concealer, anti wrinkle blah de blah. If you're told often enough to hide something it becomes something to be ashamed of. Hence the insistence from many that "I'm not mature" "I still behave like I did when I was a teenager" etc and not admitting to the number of years they've been alive. "

This topic is fascinating, apologies if it is a bit of a tangent OP. You're spot on about what women say - I read it on the forums and think it's a bit of a shame - you can be beautiful/sexy/whatever at any age, it's not the cornerstone of youth.

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

I often get told here I'm lying bout my age but I'm not x

over a year ago

"

How can people get away with that?? How did U handle the situation? I’d be so emberassed if I were them …. "

I asked him who was the guy in the photos he sent...He just sat there & said nothing...I obviously left quickly & just said no offense but you need to update your photos & age, I wouldn't mind I chatted to him many times via normal phone call & the voice matched his fake age

By *iBBWLondonWoman
over a year ago

London

"I had a social meet years back, he had said he was 37, when we met for a coffee he was clearly in his 50s.

It obviously went no further as I hate being deceived. "

Did you tell him that, though, or was it an instant block? I really don’t know how to deal with it sometimes, especially if they seem a bit…fragile, I think may be the right word. Or maybe I’m overthinking it. I dunno. *sigh*

over a year ago

I am not upset about my age, so don't feel the need to lie about it... It pisses me right off when it's clear someone hoping to get in my pants is doing so!

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

Are many lying about one thing or another just for sexual gratification/desperation. Need to fulfill

over a year ago

Maybe fab should add support for age verification.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"There is huge pressure both overt and covert to conceal your age, especially once you start to show real tell tale signs. Cover your arms, don't wear shorts, don't wear low cut tops, hide bingo wings, Botox,concealer, anti wrinkle blah de blah. If you're told often enough to hide something it becomes something to be ashamed of. Hence the insistence from many that "I'm not mature" "I still behave like I did when I was a teenager" etc and not admitting to the number of years they've been alive.

This topic is fascinating, apologies if it is a bit of a tangent OP. You're spot on about what women say - I read it on the forums and think it's a bit of a shame - you can be beautiful/sexy/whatever at any age, it's not the cornerstone of youth. "

The tide is very slowly turning thanks to the likes of Helen Mirren, Iris Apfel etc but it is not yet acceptable generally to show signs of being older without first apologising for it

over a year ago

It doesn't matter what age I am at, I will always say I'm only xx years old

By *iBBWLondonWoman
over a year ago

London

"There is huge pressure both overt and covert to conceal your age, especially once you start to show real tell tale signs. Cover your arms, don't wear shorts, don't wear low cut tops, hide bingo wings, Botox,concealer, anti wrinkle blah de blah. If you're told often enough to hide something it becomes something to be ashamed of. Hence the insistence from many that "I'm not mature" "I still behave like I did when I was a teenager" etc and not admitting to the number of years they've been alive.

This topic is fascinating, apologies if it is a bit of a tangent OP. You're spot on about what women say - I read it on the forums and think it's a bit of a shame - you can be beautiful/sexy/whatever at any age, it's not the cornerstone of youth.

The tide is very slowly turning thanks to the likes of Helen Mirren, Iris Apfel etc but it is not yet acceptable generally to show signs of being older without first apologising for it "

Sad, yet so true. I own my age, my size, my (un)attractiveness…there’s nothing I can (instantly) do about them, so I really cannot see the point in lying. They are also all subjective; some will not think I look old, some will think I’m too old-looking, etc. etc. ad nauseum

By *ornyni007Man
over a year ago

Newtownabbey

29 here but been told before I look too young for some on here, somtimes it goes the other way, maybe when I'm 40 I'll be grown up looking lol

By *arakiss12TV/TS
over a year ago

Bedford

I never give my correct age in case my details get hacked. I don`t some crafty so an so in a foreign land knocking up passports or palming off parking/speed tickets on to me with my details.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Incidentally, I was born on the same day as Jon Bon Jovi

By *uenevereWoman
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

My age is correct.

I'm quite happy to be 48 and plan to grow old disgracefully...

I get moving age a bit but if someone is willing to knock several years off their age, they're not for me.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Incidentally, I was born on the same day as Jon Bon Jovi "

And you two have never been seen in the same room... hmmm Ace is there something you're not telling us?

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

"I never give my correct age in case my details get hacked. I don`t some crafty so an so in a foreign land knocking up passports or palming off parking/speed tickets on to me with my details."

Yeah I have my internet dob.

Same year though. Just a different month and day.

By *arakiss12TV/TS
over a year ago

Bedford

"I never give my correct age in case my details get hacked. I don`t some crafty so an so in a foreign land knocking up passports or palming off parking/speed tickets on to me with my details.

Yeah I have my internet dob.

Same year though. Just a different month and day. "

over a year ago

20 years difference

Maybe they just had a hard life??

By *rMojoRisinMan
over a year ago

Sheffield

I’m sorry I lied, I’m really only 35!

By *JB1954Man
over a year ago

Reading

My age is correct. As long as I have been on Fab. No point in lying. I do not have face photo’s on public. Not sure if people can tell from body shots etc?

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Incidentally, I was born on the same day as Jon Bon Jovi

And you two have never been seen in the same room... hmmm Ace is there something you're not telling us? "

I don't think I'd make a very good stunt double for him

over a year ago

I had a hard paper round as a child

By *enithWoman
over a year ago

closer than you think

I’ll be 60 at end of year, never lied about my age but have noticed some people have stayed same age for at least 10 years lol

By *ockosaurusMan
over a year ago

Warwick

I have to admit I knocked a few years off when I first joined as I was advised to, to help hide my identity.

That was shit advice though and made me look like an idiot when I met someone and went to a club with her as my age came out

It's correct now.

By *indergirlWoman
over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

My age is correct, I could probably get away with saying younger as noone ever believes me, but I don't see the point

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

Our ages (the years) are both correct. Both 35. Mr KC has genuinely been mistaken for a fresher during Freshers week and I was ID'd for alcohol in a supermarket not too long ago

We've definitely had a sharp intake of breath at some pics we've received, because compared to the age on the profile, either they had REALLY stressful lives/jobs or they're lying

over a year ago

"20 years difference

Maybe they just had a hard life?? "

I defo don't think it was a case of a hard life...1 guy was definitely at least 20yrs older than stated on his profile...I was in total & complete shock tbh & his online persona was way different in reality...I think I'm scarred for life after the experience lol...I'll never forget it anyway

over a year ago

"20 years difference

Maybe they just had a hard life??

I defo don't think it was a case of a hard life...1 guy was definitely at least 20yrs older than stated on his profile...I was in total & complete shock tbh & his online persona was way different in reality...I think I'm scarred for life after the experience lol...I'll never forget it anyway"

Wow

over a year ago

On my previous profile i made myself 6 months older

over a year ago

"On my previous profile i made myself 6 months older "

Shameful behaviour

over a year ago

"On my previous profile i made myself 6 months older

Shameful behaviour "

I'm now only 20 days older

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

[Removed by poster at 27/08/21 00:45:03]

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

"On my previous profile i made myself 6 months older

Shameful behaviour

I'm now only 20 days older "

You'd pass for a 49 year old.

By *agpie and RavenMan
over a year ago

Leicester

The tide is very slowly turning thanks to the likes of Helen Mirren, Iris Apfel etc but it is not yet acceptable generally to show signs of being older without first apologising for it "

I've always liked older women. I find many women 20+ years older than me extremely attractive. Helen Mirren used to be top of my list until Jane found a picture of her without makeup and showed it to me

I had to Google Iris Apfel and no. Mary Steenburgen, yes. Maureen Lipman, yes. Neighbour at no.73, yes. There are many, and they're still appealing, to me, without makeup.

Frank

By *ager4moreWoman
over a year ago

Warrington

My age is wrong to try and hide from a stalking ex.

I always tell someone if they message me and I’m outside of their age parameters.

I’ve had a few younger men message me, saying they’re in their late 30s/early 40s and then turn out to be in their late 20s when we’ve met. To me that’s worse than an older man knocking a few years off their age. I have children in their 20s!!

Post new Message to Thread