Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Build it thread

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So you have the technology to build a life like AI what 3 rules do you set that the AI has to uphold

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *opinovMan
over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

Asimov's laws.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"Asimov's laws. "

May have been a film about this

By *andsome HandMan
over a year ago

roundabout

"Asimov's laws. "

Seconded

By *eardybobMan
over a year ago

the Goldilocks Zone

Love Asimov's rules, but I'm gonna change rule 3 (protecting its own existence) out... i've seen enough films to know that it never ends well!

1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.

2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.

3. All decisions directly or indirectly affecting humans must be ratified by a collective of humans, and can be vetoed (as long as timings around such ratification does not conflict with the First or Second Laws).

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

To Hell with AI in still figuring out how to put actual intelligence into humans

By *opinovMan
over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

"To Hell with AI in still figuring out how to put actual intelligence into humans"

But AI is fascinating - I watched the development of one of the (possibly 'the') world's first true self-learning programmes by a friend... very exciting when it started to show accurate predictions of sun spot activity based upon past observations.

Post new Message to Thread