Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Is vaping still smoking?

Jump to newest

By *eyond Purity OP   Couple
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

We don’t meet smokers as we’ve never smoked and don’t like the taste or smell.

We went to a social yesterday and there were a number of people who were vaping yet state they don’t smoke on their profiles.

Just made us wonder if people are mis-leading if they state they are a non smoker on their profile if they vape? Or whether it’s not considered smoking.

K

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It’s as bad as smoking to a non-smoker, or at least it is to me. Both stink.

By *onb21Woman
over a year ago

Cardiff

I don't think it's as bad as smoking and I've let a friend vape in my flat before.

That's why I think it's ok for someone who vapes to describe themselves as non smoker.

However, it is your prerogative not to meet them and you can say so in your profile.

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"We don’t meet smokers as we’ve never smoked and don’t like the taste or smell.

We went to a social yesterday and there were a number of people who were vaping yet state they don’t smoke on their profiles.

Just made us wonder if people are mis-leading if they state they are a non smoker on their profile if they vape? Or whether it’s not considered smoking.

K

"

It's a difficult one, certainly I see vaping as a big improvement over smoking. Although it can still be a bit of an irritant, the smells (and tastes) are much nicer.

We are OK with vapers as long as they're not constantly puffing away at it.

Cal

over a year ago

You’re still inhaling and exhaling nicotine, and most of them seem to smell awful.

By *an4funMan
over a year ago

london

Smoking involves combustion and therefore produces smoke. Vaping heats the active ingredient to it's vapourisation temperature producing a vapour. So, for me, the two are not the same

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

They're both in my "no" category regardless.

over a year ago

Lincolnshire

"You’re still inhaling and exhaling nicotine, and most of them seem to smell awful. "

Yes, you are still putting nicotine into your body, regardless of whether it’s considered smoking or not.

over a year ago

I vape. I don't smoke so I'm a non smoker.

If I used my vape and kissed you all you would taste is fruit.

I don't vape where I'm not supposed to, I try my best to not leave people in my clouds and always look behind when walking.

It's cleaner, smells nice if not using tobacco flavour, what's to be offended at?

By *oroRick1027Man
over a year ago

Middlesbrough

[Removed by poster at 22/08/21 10:20:25]

By *oroRick1027Man
over a year ago

Middlesbrough

"You’re still inhaling and exhaling nicotine, and most of them seem to smell awful.

Yes, you are still putting nicotine into your body, regardless of whether it’s considered smoking or not.

"

Some people use liquids with zero nicotine

over a year ago

How can vaping me smoking?

There's no smoke involved

That's like saying walking is running

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

I gave up smoking and now vape. People who meet me have never complained or walked away.

over a year ago

Fab does not offer the option to list yourself as a vaper.

So if you've given up cigarettes and consider yourself as having stopped smoking then the last thing you would want to do is list yourself as a smoker. It would feel like you were stating you hadn't quit.

I think the flaw lies with the absence of the vaping option on fab... Its outdated and needs fixing. Vaping has been around long enough now. And not all vapers have nicotine in their vapes.

If vaping is still smoking does that apply to nicotine replacement therapy too? If you're not smoking cigarettes but still using something to get the nicotine are you technically not stopped.

Vaping is also a form of NRT or a quitting method for some.

over a year ago

Lincolnshire

"I vape. I don't smoke so I'm a non smoker.

I don't vape where I'm not supposed to, I try my best to not leave people in my clouds and always look behind when walking.

It's cleaner, smells nice if not using tobacco flavour, what's to be offended at? "

I’m not offended by it.

I imagine I’d taste an artificial flavour as that’s what I smell. I think if you kiss someone with any strong flavour in your mouth then it detracts from the kiss…

I wouldn’t eat fish, garlic or anything with a strong smell before a meet, for that reason.

K

over a year ago

"Fab does not offer the option to list yourself as a vaper.

So if you've given up cigarettes and consider yourself as having stopped smoking then the last thing you would want to do is list yourself as a smoker. It would feel like you were stating you hadn't quit.

I think the flaw lies with the absence of the vaping option on fab... Its outdated and needs fixing. Vaping has been around long enough now. And not all vapers have nicotine in their vapes.

If vaping is still smoking does that apply to nicotine replacement therapy too? If you're not smoking cigarettes but still using something to get the nicotine are you technically not stopped.

Vaping is also a form of NRT or a quitting method for some. "

What do the non nicotine vapers get from it then, is it a comfort thing?

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

No not misleading at all. It’s not smoking.

over a year ago

Lincolnshire

"How can vaping me smoking?

There's no smoke involved

That's like saying walking is running "

That’s why I posed it as a question.

Yes I know it’s not smoking but it’s still involves (for the most part) inhaling nicotine, which is synonymous with smoking.

As someone has mentioned, it probably should have another option as it’s like a middle ground between smoking and non smoking.

I’m not having a go at people who vape and it’s great that people are trying to quit cigarettes.

K

over a year ago

What do the non nicotine vapers get from it then, is it a comfort thing? "

Smoking is as much habit as addiction. Breaking the hand to mouth habit is difficult for some. So yes a comfort of sorts. But some just like the action of still inhaling and prefer to keep that aspect.

By *erfectman122Man
over a year ago

from somewhere nice

It’s still smoking it has nicotine in it

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 22/08/21 11:13:06]

over a year ago

"What do the non nicotine vapers get from it then, is it a comfort thing? "

I do this as I find it helpful when my anxiety is bad - it allows me to stop and take deep breaths, and I love the visual aid of seeing my anxiety float away in that cloud.

over a year ago

yes I’d say they are the same, but a vape has no end x

over a year ago

"It’s still smoking it has nicotine in it "

So chewing tobacco is smoking?

Nicotine patches is smoking?

By *etite_delightWoman
over a year ago

BunnyLand

I do vape not necessarily during meets but I do socially or while drinking. However, I don’t see myself as a smoker because I don’t have the smell or taste of the smoker. If there was a vaping option in fab I would choose. I never had any implications from people why I put myself as non-smoker so far because I vape.

And if someone says that he/she is smoker, I would assume that person will have the taste/smell while kissing.

My humble opinion

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

In my own opinion they are the same and I don't like smoking of any kind

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Port talbot

I'll be stopping smoking soon and vaping instead for health reasons but I hope it will also open a few more doors for meets

over a year ago

Myself I used to smoke and now a vaper use menthol flavours feel healthier and the smell definitely different, so feel non smoker do show on profile say I vape so clarify

over a year ago

K

"

Vapping is still 'smoking'. What comes out the other end? Smoke.

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Port talbot

K

Vapping is still 'smoking'. What comes out the other end? Smoke. "

It's steam, not smoke

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I vape. I don't smoke so I'm a non smoker.

It's cleaner, smells nice if not using tobacco flavour, what's to be offended at? "

I'm not offended. I develop nasal irritation. Not as bad as I do with being around smoking (smoking is painful) but - I'd rather not.

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

K

Nope. It’s not smoke

over a year ago

K

It's steam, not smoke "

If I went on a date and she has it that she doesn't smoke yet vapes away like a chimney top I'd say something is incredibly missleading there.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Vaping is not smoking. It doesn't involve burning tobacco or other substances. And Vaping may not involve the consumption of any nicotine.

over a year ago

K

Nope. It’s not smoke "

Nora so you smoke? Oh I see. So thats why you've come to defence here. Good on you I say.

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

What about nicotine patches then?

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

K

Incorrect. Some of the vapour comes out - it is not smoke, nor was ever smoke.

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Port talbot

K

It's steam, not smoke

If I went on a date and she has it that she doesn't smoke yet vapes away like a chimney top I'd say something is incredibly missleading there. "

It's called vaping for a reason because it's vapour, so no it's not misleading at all. If someone said they don't drink coffee but then you see them drinking tea is that misleading to you because it's caffeine?

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

K

Nope. It’s not smoke

Nora so you smoke? Oh I see. So thats why you've come to defence here. Good on you I say. "

No it’s not why I’ve come to defence lol. It’s fact

By *affron40Woman
over a year ago

manchester

Vapour is not smoke so they are completely different. I can see why it’s still off putting though so you’re absolutely within your rights to prefer not to meet. But as an ex smoker and now vaper I can tell a world of difference in smell and taste on others. The option to put vaper would be great

over a year ago

Another label thread !

It's tricky as people will have different views on if they would meet vapers or not.

If you don't like the smell of baccy you may meet a vaper.

If you get annoyed with your fate always popping out for a hit you may say no to a vaper.

Maybe there needs to be a vaping only box.

To go with the "cock curious" and various "curvy" boxes.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Incorrect. The vapours may have no nicotine whatsoever in thm. Even if they did, there has been no burning of tobacco, with consumption of any smoke.

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Port talbot

K

Nope. It’s not smoke

Nora so you smoke? Oh I see. So thats why you've come to defence here. Good on you I say.

No it’s not why I’ve come to defence lol. It’s fact "

He can't handle the truth

over a year ago

K

Nope. It’s not smoke

No it’s not why I’ve come to defence lol. It’s fact "

I'm not being funny Nora dear, butif is as you say 'it's fact' that vaping is not smoking then technically it's 100% safe. Then technically children should be able to buy it and vapour away like buying sweets. But we know that isn't the case. Is it?

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

K

Nope. It’s not smoke

I'm not being funny Nora dear, butif is as you say 'it's fact' that vaping is not smoking then technically it's 100% safe. Then technically children should be able to buy it and vapour away like buying sweets. But we know that isn't the case. Is it? "

Being around smoking gives me nosebleeds. I don't like vaping either.

I have no reason to defend smokers, but I think your argument is silly - it's vapour. You might not like it (I don't either), it might look a bit like smoking, but it's not smoke.

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Port talbot

K

Nope. It’s not smoke

I'm not being funny Nora dear, butif is as you say 'it's fact' that vaping is not smoking then technically it's 100% safe. Then technically children should be able to buy it and vapour away like buying sweets. But we know that isn't the case. Is it? "

It's never been stated as 100% safe as it's addictive, that's why you have to be a adult to do it

By *drianukMan
over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

Vaping isn't smoking. You also find nicotine in tomatoes, aubergines etc etc etc

Nicotine doesn't smell at all so it shouldn't bother others...but it does give a gentle 'lift' to the vaper.

Coffee, chocolate etc also give a 'lift' to the consumer whilst not harming others. Should they be banned?

The harm in smoking comes from the tar. Vaping doesn't involve that.

Public Health England recognises that and says that vaping is 98% safer than smoking.

Don't meet capers if you want, but you may as well say you're not going to meet drinkers of tea or coffee

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

K

Nope. It’s not smoke

Not being funny Bliss but that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. I didn’t say that. I said vaping is not smoking. Fact

By *urplechesterCouple
over a year ago

chester

I don’t personally see it as smoking! A vapour is released not smoke! As others have said, not all vapes contain nicotine. As far as I’m aware there is currently no research that suggests vape smoke is harmful to others, where as we all know that cigarette smoke can be! We wouldn’t have a problem meeting a vaper! Miss pc

over a year ago

"I don’t personally see it as smoking! A vapour is released not smoke! As others have said, not all vapes contain nicotine. As far as I’m aware there is currently no research that suggests vape smoke is harmful to others, where as we all know that cigarette smoke can be! We wouldn’t have a problem meeting a vaper! Miss pc "

I'm nervous that we are too early into e vaping to know. If also be wary ATM with covid. Seems like a good cause of transmission.

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

"It’s still smoking it has nicotine in it

"

Feeding the body regardless how is still considered for an addiction ie substitute as the hunger still remains

over a year ago

I imagine soon as they got out of the social most of them went back to fags

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Feeding the body regardless how is still considered for an addiction ie substitute as the hunger still remains"

Same could be said about coffee...

By *BWBI2019Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

I still class myself as a smoker even though I vape, the doctors still class it as smoking so I'll go by there logic!

By *BWBI2019Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

"Vaping isn't smoking. You also find nicotine in tomatoes, aubergines etc etc etc

Nicotine doesn't smell at all so it shouldn't bother others...but it does give a gentle 'lift' to the vaper.

Coffee, chocolate etc also give a 'lift' to the consumer whilst not harming others. Should they be banned?

The harm in smoking comes from the tar. Vaping doesn't involve that.

Public Health England recognises that and says that vaping is 98% safer than smoking.

Don't meet capers if you want, but you may as well say you're not going to meet drinkers of tea or coffee"

'TOMAAAACCO'

over a year ago

I don't see it as smoking, but I don't believe it should be an issue when it comes to meets regardless of where people stand on the matter. You ideally want to present yourself as well as possible, so don't smoke or vape if your meet doesn't, same with drinking. Certainly don't smoke on your way to the meet if your opposite partner isn't a smoker

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

Feeding the body regardless how is still considered for an addiction ie substitute as the hunger still remains

Same could be said about coffee..."

When it has an additive or mimics a response to achieve is classified as a substitute to act to provide some kind of positive response to feed the trigger like heroin addicts are given a substitute to regain some kind of balance without receiving the full impact. Does vaping come with a health warning ? Are there any side effects from vaping

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"I don't see it as smoking, but I don't believe it should be an issue when it comes to meets regardless of where people stand on the matter. You ideally want to present yourself as well as possible, so don't smoke or vape if your meet doesn't, same with drinking. Certainly don't smoke on your way to the meet if your opposite partner isn't a smoker"

I wouldn’t not have a wine just because the other is having a lemonade! Would that be presenting myself in a bad way?

over a year ago

"You’re still inhaling and exhaling nicotine, and most of them seem to smell awful.

Some people use liquids with zero nicotine"

I vape without nicotine in my French dude vape juice

over a year ago

According to WHO's Smoking and Tobacco Use Policy, a smoker is someone who smokes any tobacco product,

From the NHS website 'E-cigarettes don't contain tobacco and don't produce tar or carbon monoxide, two of the...'

American cancer research...

'E-cigarettes are still fairly new, and more research is needed over a longer period of time to know what the long-term effects may be. The most important points to know are that the long-term health effects of e-cigarettes are still unknown, and all tobacco products, including e-cigarettes, can pose health risks to the user.

By *unmatt888Man
over a year ago

Duns

I may be missing something here, but surely the main issue with smokers is that they often smell and taste of smoke IN-BETWEEN cigarettes? Vapers tend to be far less of an issue in that regard.

I suppose that a third option on the smoker box would be helpful, but for now just tick “non-smoker” and mention in profile text that you smoke.

over a year ago

I gave up cigarettes around 8 years ago with the help of vaping but it took me another 5 years to quit nicotine.

The last twelve months of my vaping I would lower the nicotine down until I was vaping on 0% for awhile and after that I packed it in all together.

I don't think I would of ever gave up if it wasn't for vaping and even now after I've had a drink and eaten a kebab I still feel like a smoke and I wasn't a big smoker to begin with, so I can understand how many people never quit.

over a year ago

I don't see vaping is the same as smoking.

Doctors ask if you smoke. They don't seem to ask do you smoke or vape? So I wouldn't classify smoking and vaping the same unless the NHS did.

It doesn't leave a smell on clothes/breath so if they didn't vape on a meet you'd be none the wiser.

Plus it's sort of in the word... smoking produces smoke. Vaping does not produce smoke.

By *exy Ruby 100 300Couple
over a year ago

unknown

Well as someone who smoked for nearly 40 years ,I'm now a vapor, n loving it ,I'm saving a fortune, can use it most anywhere n never had any complaints from fab meets,just wish they were invented sooner, I'd be a lot richer lol Ruby x

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

This has been debated in the forums before, with similar results.

In my mind, I put them both in the same category. What would be good though, is an additional profile option for vaping.

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

I think they're the same.Vapers tend to taste nicer tho

By *his_Kitty_ScratchesWoman
over a year ago

WSM

I’d rather not meet a vaper as a lot of the scents give me migraines I am a smoker myself and not only have I ticked the box I have written it my profile and I mention it again when messaging, amazing how many non smokers here are actually smokers when you arrive at a meet though

By *ed VoluptaWoman
over a year ago

Wirral.

I see them as the same thing & I prefer not to meet either.

over a year ago

What do the non nicotine vapers get from it then, is it a comfort thing? "

It's more the action, a huge part of quitting smoking is not the actual addiction, it's the habitual hand action too, so some vapers cut the nicotine down to zero but the hand thing is still there

over a year ago

K

No it isn't.

over a year ago

"According to WHO's Smoking and Tobacco Use Policy, a smoker is someone who smokes any tobacco product,

From the NHS website 'E-cigarettes don't contain tobacco and don't produce tar or carbon monoxide, two of the...'

'E-cigarettes are still fairly new, and more research is needed over a longer period of time to know what the long-term effects may be. The most important points to know are that the long-term health effects of e-cigarettes are still unknown, and all tobacco products, including e-cigarettes, can pose health risks to the user."

How did you do that? Skip past the NHS bit? After reading the who bit? So a smoker is someone who uses a tobacco product, right? But an ecig doesn't contain tobacco, yes? So therefore, you have literally just written out yourself that a vaper isn't a smoker, because eliquid is not a tobacco product, it is a nicotine product.

By *thLincsCpleCouple
over a year ago

Barton upon Humber

I stopped smoking after many years using a vape, and slowly reduced the nicotine content to zero, within a week of stopping smoking and using a vape, my chest cleared and my smokers cough went; it also does not have the same lingering smell that cigarettes leave, so definitely not the same as smoking, although the pious amongst us will always to umbrage if they have strong anti smoking views.

over a year ago

"According to WHO's Smoking and Tobacco Use Policy, a smoker is someone who smokes any tobacco product,

'E-cigarettes are still fairly new, and more research is needed over a longer period of time to know what the long-term effects may be. The most important points to know are that the long-term health effects of e-cigarettes are still unknown, and all tobacco products, including e-cigarettes, can pose health risks to the user.

How did you do that? Skip past the NHS bit? After reading the who bit? So a smoker is someone who uses a tobacco product, right? But an ecig doesn't contain tobacco, yes? So therefore, you have literally just written out yourself that a vaper isn't a smoker, because eliquid is not a tobacco product, it is a nicotine product. "

Yes that's right according to the NHS information. But if you read a report from the say the 'American cancer research, they state that ecig does contain tobacco products. So according to them ecig is still classified as

'smoking' which by definition from WHO(WORLD HEALTH ORGANISATION).

I would accept the WHO version. I think the NHS approve of vaping because it's less harmful than normal cigarettes (but this is still open for debate). Basically it's the lesser of two evil.

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Port talbot

How did you do that? Skip past the NHS bit? After reading the who bit? So a smoker is someone who uses a tobacco product, right? But an ecig doesn't contain tobacco, yes? So therefore, you have literally just written out yourself that a vaper isn't a smoker, because eliquid is not a tobacco product, it is a nicotine product.

Yes that's right according to the NHS information. But if you read a report from the say the 'American cancer research, they state that ecig does contain tobacco products. So according to them ecig is still classified as

I would accept the WHO version. I think the NHS approve of vaping because it's less harmful than normal cigarettes (but this is still open for debate). Basically it's the lesser of two evil. "

So we adding tomatoes, potatoes, egg plants etc to tobacco products now then as they contain nicotine and that's the only thing that relates tobacco and ecigs

over a year ago

I would accept the WHO version. I think the NHS approve of vaping because it's less harmful than normal cigarettes (but this is still open for debate). Basically it's the lesser of two evil. "

The Americans don't get anything right, there's a huge issue over there (and everywhere else) with big tobacco companies trying to demonise vaping. But, regardless of what they say, nicotine is not a tobacco product, nicotine is found in tomatoes, are people eating a salad the same as a smoker? No. Vaping is a million times cleaner than smoking, most eliquid consists of 4 ingredients, contrary to the 7000 harmful chemicals in tobacco material and the smoke, with 250 of them KNOWN to cause cancers and other ills. Vaping has been around for a long time now, and if any evidence was around that it was significantly harmful we would know and have been told. But nothing has been found.

over a year ago

"I don't see it as smoking, but I don't believe it should be an issue when it comes to meets regardless of where people stand on the matter. You ideally want to present yourself as well as possible, so don't smoke or vape if your meet doesn't, same with drinking. Certainly don't smoke on your way to the meet if your opposite partner isn't a smoker

I wouldn’t not have a wine just because the other is having a lemonade! Would that be presenting myself in a bad way?"

Good point! Didn't think it through fully

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

K

It's steam, not smoke "

It is not smoke, but neither is it steam. It is vaporised glycerine and whatever flavouring that has been added.

Have a drag from a boiling kettle if you wish to see the difference.

By *drianukMan
over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

'E-cigarettes are still fairly new, and more research is needed over a longer period of time to know what the long-term effects may be. The most important points to know are that the long-term health effects of e-cigarettes are still unknown, and all tobacco products, including e-cigarettes, can pose health risks to the user."

I saw what you did there!

over a year ago

It's still an addiction.

over a year ago

Smoking is were u smoke and vapeing is were u vape. Easy as that.

By *drianukMan
over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

"It's still an addiction."

People get addicted to the caffeine in tea or coffee. To the alcohol in wine.

Do you shun coffee drinkers?

over a year ago

Lincolnshire

Wow…looks like the debate is strong on this one

The reason I asked is we spoke to 3 couples yesterday at a social and one or the other of the couples constantly disappeared to vape. We couldn’t strike up a rapport with both as most of the time we’d be chatting to only one at a time.

None of the couples had smoker listed on their profile (which some people have suggested they shouldn’t, as they don’t smoke)

If we had a meet where they were disappearing to go for a vape, we’d be out of there as it would detract from the connection.

So unless they listed it on their profile we’d never know, although it will be a question we ask now too.

There wasn’t a right or wrong answer, but it’s definitely highlighted that FAB should have another smoker status option.

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

"Wow…looks like the debate is strong on this one

The reason I asked is we spoke to 3 couples yesterday at a social and one or the other of the couples constantly disappeared to vape. We couldn’t strike up a rapport with both as most of the time we’d be chatting to only one at a time.

None of the couples had smoker listed on their profile (which some people have suggested they shouldn’t, as they don’t smoke)

If we had a meet where they were disappearing to go for a vape, we’d be out of there as it would detract from the connection.

So unless they listed it on their profile we’d never know, although it will be a question we ask now too.

There wasn’t a right or wrong answer, but it’s definitely highlighted that FAB should have another smoker status option.

"

Maybe add that you won’t meet smokers or vapers to your profile? Although I haven’t read yours, you may have already.

over a year ago

"

This is really the cruch of the debate. Is should people who smoke(all forms including vap) state this on their profile? Rather than just let dates/meets find out when it happens? I think you should tell. The bottom line is they will KNOW if you meet. So why avoid it? What are you hiding?

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

I will go with what our company says, vaping is still smoking as there could be nicotine in the stuff you are inhaling.

By *drianukMan
over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

"I will go with what our company says, vaping is still smoking as there could be nicotine in the stuff you are inhaling."

Does it matter if people enjoy nicotine? Why?

It's a harmless, natural substance found all over the place ..tomatoes and aubergines for two

over a year ago

Lincolnshire

Maybe add that you won’t meet smokers or vapers to your profile? Although I haven’t read yours, you may have already."

Do you list all the types of people you don’t want to meet on your profile? Comes across as a moany profile if you list all the no no’s on a profile

We’ll just add it as a question when chatting…now we know people who vape wouldn’t list it as they are smokers

K

By *astesLikeMagicWoman
over a year ago

Newcastle

K

"

You can't get second hand smoke from them

If it's your preference to not meet vapers maybe pop a sentence to that affect on your profile

over a year ago

"I will go with what our company says, vaping is still smoking as there could be nicotine in the stuff you are inhaling."

That would make sense if nicotine was exclusive to cigarettes, but it isn't.

over a year ago

"

I see what you're saying here, but in my personal experience (from having been married to a smoker), they don't stop mid-session to pop out for a fag. I'm sure you've been to clubs. They have smoking areas there and I have stood in those areas with me ex chatting. I can't recall anyone tapping out to take a ciggie break during play. So, with that in mind, I wouldn't worry about a smoker running out on you during a meet.

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

K

"

It depends if they vape with or without nicotine products. In my eyes it’s still a form of inhaling a substance and as of yet it is unknown if it is harmful

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

"I don't see vaping is the same as smoking.

Doctors ask if you smoke. They don't seem to ask do you smoke or vape? So I wouldn't classify smoking and vaping the same unless the NHS did.

It doesn't leave a smell on clothes/breath so if they didn't vape on a meet you'd be none the wiser.

Plus it's sort of in the word... smoking produces smoke. Vaping does not produce smoke. "

Smoking and vaping use the same breathing apparatus which is used where lungs the inflate which is unusual for the lungs to act as well as the rest of the breathing apparatus which doesn't normally act in that way so using a vape is similar to smoking because a person still has the urge an alcoholic stops

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

"I don't see it as smoking, but I don't believe it should be an issue when it comes to meets regardless of where people stand on the matter. You ideally want to present yourself as well as possible, so don't smoke or vape if your meet doesn't, same with drinking. Certainly don't smoke on your way to the meet if your opposite partner isn't a smoker"

I don’t think I’d go as far as to abstain from drinking (in moderation of course!) prior to a meet but if I was (I stopped ages ago) I wouldn’t smoke or vape out of courtesy to my non smoking meet.

By *ig1gaz1Man
over a year ago

bradford

In my eyes vapping its as bad as smokers,

It does help some to quit though.

However your inhaling chemicals in the smoke so when your breathing out theres still chemicals present that others do inhale.

At this point id reference vapping as bad as smoking.

Those that like big plumes of vapping smoke are the worst offenders.

over a year ago

Plus it's sort of in the word... smoking produces smoke. Vaping does not produce smoke.

Smoking and vaping use the same breathing apparatus which is used where lungs the inflate which is unusual for the lungs to act as well as the rest of the breathing apparatus which doesn't normally act in that way so using a vape is similar to smoking because a person still has the urge an alcoholic stops"

So does breathing oxygen?

over a year ago

"In my eyes vapping its as bad as smokers,

However your inhaling chemicals in the smoke so when your breathing out theres still chemicals present that others do inhale.

Those that like big plumes of vapping smoke are the worst offenders."

Not even close to as bad, there are 4 chemicals in vapour and 7000 in cigarettes? Is that even slightly the same thing?

There's a significant risk to others with second hand smoke, and none with second hand vape.

By *ilmissplumpyWoman
over a year ago

Wolverhampton

I suspect the real question is would people who state they won't meet smokers meet vapers? I for one wouldn't, that's my prerogative. Having a tick box for vapers would make the elimination process quicker

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

Smoking and vaping use the same breathing apparatus which is used where lungs the inflate which is unusual for the lungs to act as well as the rest of the breathing apparatus which doesn't normally act in that way so using a vape is similar to smoking because a person still has the urge an alcoholic stops

So does breathing oxygen? "

Yes and imagine amount of chemical in the air as well as oxygen then add vaping or smoking

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

Not even close to as bad, there are 4 chemicals in vapour and 7000 in cigarettes? Is that even slightly the same thing?

There's a significant risk to others with second hand smoke, and none with second hand vape. "

This can't be proved as they don't know if vaping is harmful but does produce fluid in the lungs same as smoking and mouth ulcers

over a year ago

There's a significant risk to others with second hand smoke, and none with second hand vape.

This can't be proved as they don't know if vaping is harmful but does produce fluid in the lungs same as smoking and mouth ulcers"

Vaping has been around and under scrutiny, pushed by big tobacco for competition reasons, for a very long time now, if there was something to find, they'd have found it.

over a year ago

So does breathing oxygen?

Yes and imagine amount of chemical in the air as well as oxygen then add vaping or smoking "

The vaping would be less harmful. Simple as that.

By *drianukMan
over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

The damage to health with smoking comes from the tar produced.

Vaping doesn't produce tar.

You could say that eating sweets is dangerous. They can make you fat. No-one has a downer on sweet eaters

over a year ago

"The damage to health with smoking comes from the tar produced.

You could say that eating sweets is dangerous. They can make you fat. No-one has a downer on sweet eaters"

popcorn lung?

By *drianukMan
over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

You could say that eating sweets is dangerous. They can make you fat. No-one has a downer on sweet eaterspopcorn lung?"

Have you evidence that 'popcorn lung' exists?

Even if it does, what has it got to do with anyone else? Why isn't that a choice for the vaper?

over a year ago

You could say that eating sweets is dangerous. They can make you fat. No-one has a downer on sweet eaterspopcorn lung?

Even if it does, what has it got to do with anyone else? Why isn't that a choice for the vaper?"

https://scholar.google.co.uk/scholar?q=related:cqZLeE0nsicJ:scholar.google.com/&hl=en&as_sdt=0,5#d=gs_qabs&u=%23p%3DcqZLeE0nsicJ

Of course it's a choice. That's a different argument.

Evidence e cigs are safe?

By *drianukMan
over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

You could say that eating sweets is dangerous. They can make you fat. No-one has a downer on sweet eaterspopcorn lung?

Even if it does, what has it got to do with anyone else? Why isn't that a choice for the vaper?https://scholar.google.co.uk/scholar?q=related:cqZLeE0nsicJ:scholar.google.com/&hl=en&as_sdt=0,5#d=gs_qabs&u=%23p%3DcqZLeE0nsicJ

Evidence e cigs are safe?"

Public Health England says they are 98% safer than smoking.

If there's a danger, what is it do with anyone else other than the vaper

By *drianukMan
over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

Even if it does, what has it got to do with anyone else? Why isn't that a choice for the vaper?https://scholar.google.co.uk/scholar?q=related:cqZLeE0nsicJ:scholar.google.com/&hl=en&as_sdt=0,5#d=gs_qabs&u=%23p%3DcqZLeE0nsicJ

Evidence e cigs are safe?"

Cancer Research UK says there is no evidence that popcorn lung is caused by vaping.

It gets its name from popcorn factories which used to use diacetyl.

Diacetyl is not used in vaping

By *iss LovelyWoman
over a year ago

Here and There

I hate smoking, I don’t want to be around anyone that smokes. Certainly don’t want to kiss or touch them and I find the smell revolting. There’s also the irritating inconvenience with people who smoke, in that they need to be able to go for smoking breaks etc, which is annoying as it often interrupts everything.

Vapers don’t smell as bad, but kissing a vaper is often unpleasant because there’s still a taste. I can’t bear the big cloud of vapour, especially from those people that have the big dragon vapes.

I find vapers are less annoying from the point of view of taking breaks to go vape, but more annoying as often vapers will vape in places that they wouldn’t smoke because they don’t think it’s the same.

I would lump smokers and vapers together, regardless of whether there is actual smoking occurring. It’s the action, smell and everything associated, to me.

By *oob suckerMan
over a year ago

woking

"You’re still inhaling and exhaling nicotine, and most of them seem to smell awful. "

I vape and it’s steam that comes out, no nicotine. I started 5 years ago to stop smoking, or maybe I got that wrong? I get that it annoys people so I don’t presume people are ok with vapping in their house etc. Maybe fabs need to add a new button to flick

over a year ago

Evidence e cigs are safe?

Cancer Research UK says there is no evidence that popcorn lung is caused by vaping.

It gets its name from popcorn factories which used to use diacetyl.

Diacetyl is not used in vaping"

that's interesting thanks. They do note that it may not be risk free and don't know the long term effects. That's where i am.. both primary and secondary harm.

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

I see it as smoking too. I think most vapers are keen to distance themselves from smokers. The act is the same to achieve the same outcome, just using a different medium. I find the smell of some juices to be really obnoxious and potent, but most people cape considerately so it’s not really an issue to me.

There is one concern that I see in workplace where vapers are forced to use smoking shelters along with cigarette smokers. Isn’t this forcing them into a toxic environment that they are mostly trying to escape from?

over a year ago

I thought we'd all settled this debate and finally came to the definitive conclusion that vaping is without doubt no different to normal smoking.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

As a verb yes.

over a year ago

"I thought we'd all settled this debate and finally came to the definitive conclusion that vaping is without doubt no different to normal smoking. "

No, that's the opinion you tried to enforce onto people.

over a year ago

These sort of threads make me laugh.

"Experts" airing an opinion with no real idea what they're on about.

Vaping is heating a liquid until it's a gas, inhailing and then exhailing that gas.

There's no burning involved.

The flavours are pleasant and shouldn't put anyone off kissing.

You shouldn't really taste much infact, it would be like kissing some one who's just used mouth wash.

In no way is vaping like fags, at all.

If you don't want to meet some one who vapes then simply don't...

By *astlincscoupleCouple
over a year ago

Tinsel Town

I (Sam) use a vape. I used to smoke.

It's certainly helped me stop with cigarettes. The nicotine level is also lower.

Hubby has never smoked and hates me doing it.

What I find funny is singles and couples that have "won't meet smokers" on thier profile but still want to meet.

By *ig1gaz1Man
over a year ago

bradford

Your still at risk from a explosion from an ecig

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Krhd78sr7wA

By *oldswarriorMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

"Your still at risk from a explosion from an ecig

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Krhd78sr7wA"

Lol half the videos were deliberately filmed.

Using YouTube as a statistic is like using Facebook for accurate information

By *ed VoluptaWoman
over a year ago

Wirral.

"These sort of threads make me laugh.

Vaping is heating a liquid until it's a gas, inhailing and then exhailing that gas.

You shouldn't really taste much infact, it would be like kissing some one who's just used mouth wash.

"

That's your opinion, which you're entitled to. Equally, I reserve the right to not meet vapers as the flavours ARE unpleasant and DO put me off kissing.

Swings & roundabouts

over a year ago

"Your still at risk from a explosion from an ecig

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Krhd78sr7wA"

Not if you arent a complete moron who puts a tank on top of a battery that is too weak to power the coil in the tank, or who puts it in their pocket without turning it off and over heating it.

If it blows up, you're a moron who is the reason Health and Safety warnings are fucking everywhere.

By *r_FaustusMan
over a year ago

Northampton

Electronic cigarettes (vapes) are made by the tobacco industry, who have an -um- elastic relationship with the truth.

At best, we don’t know what the medium-long term effects are, but I’ve seen several people in the last couple of years with acute lung injury due to vaping. That’s why the European, American, Pacific, African & Latin American respiratory societies have advised that they are not safe and should not be used as smoking cessation aids.

Nicotine replacement therapy (patches, inhalator, mouth spray etc) are ‘clean’ nicotine.

By *oldswarriorMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

"Electronic cigarettes (vapes) are made by the tobacco industry, who have an -um- elastic relationship with the truth.

At best, we don’t know what the medium-long term effects are, but I’ve seen several people in the last couple of years with acute lung injury due to vaping. That’s why the European, American, Pacific, African & Latin American respiratory societies have advised that they are not safe and should not be used as smoking cessation aids.

Nicotine replacement therapy (patches, inhalator, mouth spray etc) are ‘clean’ nicotine."

No. Vaping devices are not made by the tobbaco companies.

The majority are made in China by independent companies monopolising on the trend.

over a year ago

"Electronic cigarettes (vapes) are made by the tobacco industry, who have an -um- elastic relationship with the truth.

Nicotine replacement therapy (patches, inhalator, mouth spray etc) are ‘clean’ nicotine."

No they aren't, some tobacco companies have diversified in the last couple of years to try and regain some of their lost market, but originally vaping was entirely separate to the tobacco industry, and to this mostly still is completely separate. The vapes and juices you find in supermarkets are more than likely produced by tobacco companies but if you go into a vape shop you will find vape products made solely by the vape industry.

over a year ago

Nicotine replacement therapy (patches, inhalator, mouth spray etc) are ‘clean’ nicotine.

The majority are made in China by independent companies monopolising on the trend.

"

I hate how much misinformation there is about vaping, just on this thread alone there are people blithely putting smokers and vapers in the same section, even though vapers have made a huge health and lifestyle improving change. You don't see this same attitude towards overweight people who start going to the gym.

By *oldswarriorMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

I hate how much misinformation there is about vaping, just on this thread alone there are people blithely putting smokers and vapers in the same section, even though vapers have made a huge health and lifestyle improving change. You don't see this same attitude towards overweight people who start going to the gym. "

Totally agree with you

I don't smoke or vape but I have friends that do.

I'm far more tolerant of vapers than actual "fags".

over a year ago

I hate how much misinformation there is about vaping, just on this thread alone there are people blithely putting smokers and vapers in the same section, even though vapers have made a huge health and lifestyle improving change. You don't see this same attitude towards overweight people who start going to the gym. "

I agree that the evidence suggests it's a huge reduction in risk. I support anyone who goes from smoking to vaping.

I suspect it's a backwards step to start vaping if you don't smoke tho.

To use your analogy, diet may be better for weight loss than full sugar. But it's not great for you so don't start drinking it you can avoid it. (full disclose : big Pepsi Max drinker).

Good luck with staying off the baccy

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

"I’d rather not meet a vaper as a lot of the scents give me migraines I am a smoker myself and not only have I ticked the box I have written it my profile and I mention it again when messaging, amazing how many non smokers here are actually smokers when you arrive at a meet though "

I don't mind if they are but won't tell me, IF they don't smell or taste of it. Being a ex smoker from 11 years ago I am over sensitive to the smell

By *iss LovelyWoman
over a year ago

Here and There

I don’t think the 2 are comparable. People’s preference about smokers/vapers is about how it impacts them personally, not about the health of the vaper. Good on anyone who is vaping instead of smoking, but does that make it any more pleasant for someone who hates the smell/taste of a vaper? No. Someone in the gym isn’t similar to this scenario.

By *iss LovelyWoman
over a year ago

Here and There

"

I don’t find the flavours pleasant and it does put me off kissing.

By *m A FuckerMan
over a year ago

kingswood,surrey/leysdown kent

Nicotine is not harmful.its all the other shit they put in cigarettes that do the damage! But I don't like the capes either

By *m A FuckerMan
over a year ago

kingswood,surrey/leysdown kent

Vapes

By *ed VoluptaWoman
over a year ago

Wirral.

I hate how much misinformation there is about vaping, just on this thread alone there are people blithely putting smokers and vapers in the same section, even though vapers have made a huge health and lifestyle improving change. You don't see this same attitude towards overweight people who start going to the gym.

I don’t think the 2 are comparable. People’s preference about smokers/vapers is about how it impacts them personally, not about the health of the vaper. Good on anyone who is vaping instead of smoking, but does that make it any more pleasant for someone who hates the smell/taste of a vaper? No. Someone in the gym isn’t similar to this scenario. "

x

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

"

Almost right. It’s heating a liquid until it is vaporised. The flavours are subjective, one persons pleasant is another’s puke.

over a year ago

Vaping isn't smoking, however I have I'm a smoker, but I vape as I know some don't like it.

I understand why many don't want to put smoker down if they vape, in a health setting/NHS your no longer considered a smoker if you vape.

Maybe there should be a section for it, or people note in the bio, personally smoker or vaper I wouldn't do either infront of someone who didn't like it.

Mrs

By *ettaManMan
over a year ago

Kerry and Dublin

".

"

As an ex-smoker and ex-vaper, vaping definitely isn't smoking. After all, it's not smoke that you are inhaling. It's a smoke replacement 'treatment'.

It doesn't leave the same after taste/smell.

As to whether people would choose to not meet smokers or vapers, that's a different story.

By *andKBCouple
over a year ago

Plymouth

Im a very very occasional vaper. My vape is nicotine free but contains legal certified CBD.

I dont class myself a smoker

over a year ago

I don’t think the 2 are comparable. People’s preference about smokers/vapers is about how it impacts them personally, not about the health of the vaper. Good on anyone who is vaping instead of smoking, but does that make it any more pleasant for someone who hates the smell/taste of a vaper? No. Someone in the gym isn’t similar to this scenario. "

I was specific about vaping being healthier than smoking in response to people bundling them together, not about peoples personal kissing preferences.

By *iss LovelyWoman
over a year ago

Here and There

I don’t think the 2 are comparable. People’s preference about smokers/vapers is about how it impacts them personally, not about the health of the vaper. Good on anyone who is vaping instead of smoking, but does that make it any more pleasant for someone who hates the smell/taste of a vaper? No. Someone in the gym isn’t similar to this scenario.

I was specific about vaping being healthier than smoking in response to people bundling them together, not about peoples personal kissing preferences. "

But I think the reason they’re lumping them together in terms of how they see it is in terms of whether they want to meet them or not.

Post new Message to Thread