Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

What does 'curvy' actually mean?

Jump to newest

By *udeSpaLover OP   Man
over a year ago

Sheffield

So loads of ladies profiles,most I'd say, describe themselves as curvy. But I'm finding this a bit confusing - seems to me that the BBWs out there use this description, rather than 'ample' but it's also used by those who are slim but have large boobs and/or a nice curvy bum.

The problem I have is where there are no photos, I don't know if they are a BBW or what I'd call genuinely curvy, i.e. bit of an hourglass type figure.

So what's the general consensus here?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Hourglass figure, narrow waist, wide hips.

over a year ago

I use it to suggest carrying a little extra weight.

over a year ago

Ask them in a polite way is the best option open to you!

Job done

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

Curve (definition):

A line that deviates from straightness in a smooth, continuous fashion.

A surface that deviates from planarity in a smooth, continuous fashion.

Would you meet someone with seeing any pictures, out of interest?

over a year ago

"Hourglass figure, narrow waist, wide hips. "

Yep this is what I class as curvy. It doesn't matter if you're a size 6 or 26, if you're shaped like an hourglass with a noticeable difference in the middle I'd call you curvy. But everyone has different ideas which is fine. I think all of us, including men, curve in ways.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

Maybe there should be a "cuddly" as well as "curvy" to choose from? Just a thought?

By *opinovMan
over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

As a motorbiker, I normally judge 'curves' by how much I grin whilst taking them at max torque... same here.

By *etcplCouple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

Those with a BMI of less than 30?

over a year ago

North West

"Those with a BMI of less than 30?"

He's asking about shape, not mass.....

over a year ago

I see really slim women describing themselves as curvy, and the same for voluptuous women too. Nothing wrong with that if that’s how they see themselves and I think many larger ladies don’t like to select the ‘ample’ option.

I selected ‘average’ and not curvy, even though I do think I am more curvy than average

I have a bit of a mum tum, fairly big boobs with slim legs, big hips and a defined waist…. But there wasn’t an option for that

By *uenevereWoman
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Curvy is a shape, not a size.

So, you need to check the photos to see if it's the kind of curvy that interests you.

I consider myself curvy, as I have an hourglass shape, albeit a more generous one

over a year ago

Curvy is not a size. It is a shape of a body.

An hourglass shape.

over a year ago

"As a motorbiker, I normally judge 'curves' by how much I grin whilst taking them at max torque... same here. "

Oh, I like that description x

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

Curvy is when I caress her figure and it outside a smile in my face.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"So loads of ladies profiles,most I'd say, describe themselves as curvy. But I'm finding this a bit confusing - seems to me that the BBWs out there use this description, rather than 'ample' but it's also used by those who are slim but have large boobs and/or a nice curvy bum.

The problem I have is where there are no photos, I don't know if they are a BBW or what I'd call genuinely curvy, i.e. bit of an hourglass type figure.

So what's the general consensus here? "

If you're curious and they have no pics....ask for one. Curiousity satisfied.

By *il sub princessWoman
over a year ago

West Midlands

Every woman should describe themselves as fabulous

*looks at my own profile & sees myself as a hypocrite*

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 21/08/21 23:43:29]

over a year ago

"Hourglass figure, narrow waist, wide hips.

Yep this is what I class as curvy. It doesn't matter if you're a size 6 or 26, if you're shaped like an hourglass with a noticeable difference in the middle I'd call you curvy. But everyone has different ideas which is fine. I think all of us, including men, curve in ways. "

This!

Totally agree with you that curvy can come in all shapes and sizes for us fabulous ladies.

For us (and it's just our personal preference) we always appreciate a natural curvy lady x

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Every woman should describe themselves as fabulous

*looks at my own profile & sees myself as a hypocrite* "

I do

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

[Removed by poster at 21/08/21 23:48:28]

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

Edited*
"Curvy is when I caress her figure and it puts a smile on my face. "

By *udeSpaLover OP   Man
over a year ago

Sheffield

Interesting replies, thanks! To those saying ask for pics, don't forget that about half sent messages aren't even read and a tiny fraction get a response, so as a guy I'm not going to waste time messaging someone if I don't know whether they're my type, there are too many profiles without pics but I will message those that sound like my type and/or have a fun profile.

And for those saying hourglass, I agree and also agree that can be the shape of larger ladies, however I do think a lot of those who use it are definitely not hourglasses. Not saying they're not attractive and of course there's a definite market for larger ladies, but for me curvy when you are basically well overweight is not the right choice of label.

over a year ago

North West

"Interesting replies, thanks! To those saying ask for pics, don't forget that about half sent messages aren't even read and a tiny fraction get a response, so as a guy I'm not going to waste time messaging someone if I don't know whether they're my type, there are too many profiles without pics but I will message those that sound like my type and/or have a fun profile.

And for those saying hourglass, I agree and also agree that can be the shape of larger ladies, however I do think a lot of those who use it are definitely not hourglasses. Not saying they're not attractive and of course there's a definite market for larger ladies, but for me curvy when you are basically well overweight is not the right choice of label. "

Who are you to decide what "label" a person wishes to apply to themselves? If you're that keen to avoid us fatsos, then don't message profiles that lack pictures. Anyone who messages us from a blank avatar profile is immediately deleted, don't care what the message says (excepted only for Granny Crumpet).

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"Interesting replies, thanks! To those saying ask for pics, don't forget that about half sent messages aren't even read and a tiny fraction get a response, so as a guy I'm not going to waste time messaging someone if I don't know whether they're my type, there are too many profiles without pics but I will message those that sound like my type and/or have a fun profile.

And for those saying hourglass, I agree and also agree that can be the shape of larger ladies, however I do think a lot of those who use it are definitely not hourglasses. Not saying they're not attractive and of course there's a definite market for larger ladies, but for me curvy when you are basically well overweight is not the right choice of label. "

And so ends the TED talk no one asked for

over a year ago

It's a strange one, I've put on my profile ample as I'm bigger than maybe what my profile pics show. Not described myself as curvy as I'm not an hourglass shape. My hips/bum/stomach to boob ratio is waaaay off. Im a pear but that's not on here. But people message me mentioning curvy/curves.

So I guess everyone's interpretation of curvy is just different. And if you feel you are curvy then that's what you are

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

"It's a strange one, I've put on my profile ample as I'm bigger than maybe what my profile pics show. Not described myself as curvy as I'm not an hourglass shape. My hips/bum/stomach to boob ratio is waaaay off. Im a pear but that's not on here. But people message me mentioning curvy/curves.

So I guess everyone's interpretation of curvy is just different. And if you feel you are curvy then that's what you are "

What ever you want to describe your outer self as - you are beautiful on the inside young lady. Xx

over a year ago

My profile says large as fat wasn't an option... My boobs n bum aren't big enough, in comparison to my waist, for curvy

over a year ago

curvy means having curves anywhere. It doesn't define where they are or what size they are,

BUT generally it describes gals who are more than skinny.

Post new Message to Thread