Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Tablets

Jump to newest

By *etillante OP   Woman
over a year ago

Thinking of getting a Tablet and wondered if it was possible to connect my mobile to use as a dongle to take advantage of the data bundle I have rather than pay for a seperate dongle?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *histler21Man
over a year ago

Ipswich

"Thinking of getting a Tablet and wondered if it was possible to connect my mobile to use as a dongle to take advantage of the data bundle I have rather than pay for a seperate dongle?"

Thats what I do.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I was ok up to 'thinking of getting a' then you lost me....

By *etillante OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I was ok up to 'thinking of getting a' then you lost me.... "

Scarlet it's ok I lose myself regularly

By *etillante OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Thinking of getting a Tablet and wondered if it was possible to connect my mobile to use as a dongle to take advantage of the data bundle I have rather than pay for a seperate dongle?

Thats what I do."

Thank you x

By *amslam1000Man
over a year ago

willenhall

"Thinking of getting a Tablet and wondered if it was possible to connect my mobile to use as a dongle to take advantage of the data bundle I have rather than pay for a seperate dongle?

Thats what I do."

depends on your provider and your entitlement i think 3 do tethering my vodafone contrick wont let me

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 04/09/12 23:21:10]

By *etillante OP   Woman
over a year ago

I've plenty of data bundle, hell now I have to find out what tethering means lol

over a year ago

Thats what I do.

depends on your provider and your entitlement i think 3 do tethering my vodafone contrick wont let me"

Unless it specifically says tethering is allowed then you are not supposed to and the mobile provider is at liability to suspend net usage or even usage of the whole phone. Many though limit access to sites. I know a few people who have been billed for usage by tethering and it came to more than £30 on each occasion for the month so best checking before doing so.

over a year ago

"I've plenty of data bundle, hell now I have to find out what tethering means lol "

Contract your phone co as they will have no hesitation no billing you if you contravene your contract. Data bundles are nearly always limited to phone access not tethered access.

By *etillante OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I've plenty of data bundle, hell now I have to find out what tethering means lol

Contract your phone co as they will have no hesitation no billing you if you contravene your contract. Data bundles are nearly always limited to phone access not tethered access."

Thanks, I'll contact them tomorrow

over a year ago

gave up on the sim in my ipad... tether it to my iphone... Voda changed my contract to allow use of my data allowance... contract is now cheaper and i dont have to top up my sim in the ipad anymore when im out. use the wifi function when theres a network or at home

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"I've plenty of data bundle, hell now I have to find out what tethering means lol

Contract your phone co as they will have no hesitation no billing you if you contravene your contract. Data bundles are nearly always limited to phone access not tethered access.

Thanks, I'll contact them tomorrow"

Rather than alert them to the possibility that you may be using tethering, and putting an alert on your account, it may be easier to google it for your network, or call as a new potential customer, via their sales no.

Your existing contract may be different to what new customers would get, but at least their sales staff could tell you their likely policy on tethering. In general it will contravene your contractual terms, meaning they can charge other rates, slow your speed or block access to some types of usage, at their whim.

If you google it, you'll likely get a better feel at which network's customers are getting away with it, or not, as well as what restrictions each one responds with.

Overall feel it's best not to be putting your hand up and saying that you're considering tethering though, as your honesty could work against you.

Good luck!

Post new Message to Thread