Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Timewasters

Jump to newest

By *xander OP   Man
over a year ago

around here

Been sat waiting for a meet for half an hour, no show no contact, after 4 days of messaging.. Whats wrong with these people?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

It happens o/p...block and move on.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Forget them

Report them

Block them and move on.

As a couple it’s a lot easier as we can arrange a plan B and as such are never twiddling our thumps.

For example we have 4/5 days in Worthing coming up and any socials will be arranged at a restaurant or somewhere we would go anyway so if they don’t turn up it’s no loss.

Chin up op and best of luck.

Tony

By *obbychickWoman
over a year ago

Essex

Sorry to hear that OP.

I don’t get why people like wasting others time like that. If you have no plans on meeting someone, simply just say

over a year ago

Sucks. Always have a plan B imo. I always used to do dates with coffee as i always need coffee.

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

That's not a nice thing to do to someone x

By *rivervaderMan
over a year ago

bolton

Ur lucky op I don’t get past the message stage

over a year ago

That’s really poor of them

I was stood up once, he even messaged to say he was on his way…it was really shitty

over a year ago

Sorry to hear that Op

By *andsome HandMan
over a year ago

roundabout

That's pants, as advised already block and move on. Don't be anybody's ego dildo

over a year ago

I've said it before on another thread, but some people have no manners at all. If you can't make a meet , contact the other party - end of. There is no reason for not contacting.

Personally I'd like to name and shame folks like that LOL

Agree with others : report, block as and move on - it's all you can do

over a year ago

Sorry to hear. It doesn't get better even after you've met them sometimes. I'm supposed to have a meet tonight but the guy is ghosting me. We've met a few times though. Go figure!

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

I 'd say if somebody is disrespectful enough to stand you up, you had a lucky escape perhaps. It kind of means they lied to you by agreeing to meet and not turning up.

Block and move on.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"Sorry to hear. It doesn't get better even after you've met them sometimes. I'm supposed to have a meet tonight but the guy is ghosting me. We've met a few times though. Go figure!"

That is horrible, too. I would not give a second chance there. Sorry to hear that.

over a year ago

Life happens, but there’s no excuse for not messaging someone to let them know.

By *isAdventure69Woman
over a year ago

Hampshire

"Sorry to hear. It doesn't get better even after you've met them sometimes. I'm supposed to have a meet tonight but the guy is ghosting me. We've met a few times though. Go figure!

That is horrible, too. I would not give a second chance there. Sorry to hear that. "

This

As he’s bound to get back in touch in a few days with a lame excuse …

over a year ago

Name & shame? So it doesn’t happen to others?

Just remind yourself that fab is just fun and that you can keep smiling and move in to the next meet. Annoying yes but you will find someone who won’t mess you about … PMA

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 21/08/21 13:13:03]

over a year ago

"Name & shame? So it doesn’t happen to others?

Just remind yourself that fab is just fun and that you can keep smiling and move in to the next meet. Annoying yes but you will find someone who won’t mess you about … PMA "

Id be in agreement for name and shame.

over a year ago

"Sorry to hear. It doesn't get better even after you've met them sometimes. I'm supposed to have a meet tonight but the guy is ghosting me. We've met a few times though. Go figure!

That is horrible, too. I would not give a second chance there. Sorry to hear that.

This

As he’s bound to get back in touch in a few days with a lame excuse …"

Yarp. Hence block them now! Ain't nobody got time for that.

over a year ago

Just remind yourself that fab is just fun and that you can keep smiling and move in to the next meet. Annoying yes but you will find someone who won’t mess you about … PMA "

Name and shame won't be allowed. As it's open to abuse

Too easy for me to say "MrAverage failed to meet me for a pint. Time waster"

But would love for there to be a way of doing it. Like a button on fab that says "am meeting" and if both click, then you know it's legit feedback.

By *rincess PhoenixWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

"Sorry to hear. It doesn't get better even after you've met them sometimes. I'm supposed to have a meet tonight but the guy is ghosting me. We've met a few times though. Go figure!"

I've had that so I assumed he'd lost interest and ignored him as well but then 6mths later he popped up again asking for a meet!

By *obbychickWoman
over a year ago

Essex

This

As he’s bound to get back in touch in a few days with a lame excuse …"

Some don’t get back at all….I don’t understand why people do that. Is it not just easier saying what you have in your head and just moving on. Annoys the fuck out of me

By *obbychickWoman
over a year ago

Essex

I've had that so I assumed he'd lost interest and ignored him as well but then 6mths later he popped up again asking for a meet!"

The cheek of them to come back after acting like that.

over a year ago

Just remind yourself that fab is just fun and that you can keep smiling and move in to the next meet. Annoying yes but you will find someone who won’t mess you about … PMA

But would love for there to be a way of doing it. Like a button on fab that says "am meeting" and if both click, then you know it's legit feedback. "

Ah yes I didn’t think of the abuse thing .. my bad…. Just so they didn’t let more people down

over a year ago

But would love for there to be a way of doing it. Like a button on fab that says "am meeting" and if both click, then you know it's legit feedback.

Ah yes I didn’t think of the abuse thing .. my bad…. Just so they didn’t let more people down "

there must be a way ... Just not an easy way. When I invent it, I will be rich !

over a year ago

This

Some don’t get back at all….I don’t understand why people do that. Is it not just easier saying what you have in your head and just moving on. Annoys the fuck out of me "

Annoys the fuck out of me too

over a year ago

Ah yes I didn’t think of the abuse thing .. my bad…. Just so they didn’t let more people down there must be a way ... Just not an easy way. When I invent it, I will be rich !"

Yeah the abuse thing is hard to overcome. Block and move on is all we got for now

over a year ago

That's crap, sorry OP. I've had it happen a few times

By *indergirlWoman
over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

Had it happen so many times that I rarely get ready until the absolute last minute now. Unfortunately nothing you can do but block and move on and not let it put you off, there are some genuine people put there x

over a year ago

"Had it happen so many times that I rarely get ready until the absolute last minute now. Unfortunately nothing you can do but block and move on and not let it put you off, there are some genuine people put there x "

Id always make date/meet one low key to avoid spending too much time getting ready. But as a guy getting ready really means putting shoes on.

over a year ago

When you see tinder and kitty getting messed about, you know it's not personal... For whatever reason some people are just shit.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

It's disgusting OP. I hope you've kept your spirits up, you deserve better.

Get a confirmation chat plan in future, so that if they don't message, you get a heads up, if you've not already done something similar.

over a year ago

This

Some don’t get back at all….I don’t understand why people do that. Is it not just easier saying what you have in your head and just moving on. Annoys the fuck out of me "

It really annoys me too as it shows so little respect. Whatever the reason is, just own it!

over a year ago

"Forget them

Report them

Block them and move on.

As a couple it’s a lot easier as we can arrange a plan B and as such are never twiddling our thumps.

For example we have 4/5 days in Worthing coming up and any socials will be arranged at a restaurant or somewhere we would go anyway so if they don’t turn up it’s no loss.

Chin up op and best of luck.

Tony"

These things happen. But I think it's wrong to 'report them' as such.

By *xander OP   Man
over a year ago

around here

Thanks for the replies, disheartening, tough enough for single guys on here already without timewasters but not going to give up. Took the opportunity to have a look round the area while i was there so made the best of it. Wonder if they were there and just watching and laughing at me while i caught up on my emails and drinking my coffee. If they were they need to get a life

over a year ago

We enjoy calling their ( time waster’s ) bluff

By *ubwife4uCouple
over a year ago

Maidstone Area.

There could be a number of reasons for this. Medical emergency? Freak yachting accident? Dog ate their homework! Or of course, they could be just one of those time waster people. If there was a genuine reason, maybe they will message you later with a grovelling apology/excuse. If not, chin up and carry on. It’s obviously not you, it’s them.

One of the advantages of only meeting groups of course is that if one or two guys evaporate, our time and effort does not get wasted. They usually message a few months later to be reminded of their no show and then blocked.

over a year ago

I'm a time waster

You should block me now and be done with it

By *indergirlWoman
over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

"When you see tinder and kitty getting messed about, you know it's not personal... For whatever reason some people are just shit. "

Exactly, nature of the beast with any site like this

Post new Message to Thread