Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Russell Hobbs BIO

Jump to newest

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

A brand I used to rely on. Just bought one of their tin openers. Build quality rubbish. It won't last 12 months. Built in Obsolescence.

Any other examples that annoy?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *otsossieMan
over a year ago

Chesterfield

CD Players. The lasers always go.

Every smartphone or computer ever. 3 years tops then it’s obsolete.

Modern cars seem to crumble to rust after 5-6 years.

TVs. I don’t think my eyes can see QHD or whatever we’re on now, and the sockets have all changed.

By *otsossieMan
over a year ago

Chesterfield

Sonos. Deprecated most of their existing kit recently.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

See through toasters! When I went to have a look at what shade of brown my toast was it was all steamed up, so I had to pop the toast out to have a look, thus defeating the purpose of the see through toaster.

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"See through toasters! When I went to have a look at what shade of brown my toast was it was all steamed up, so I had to pop the toast out to have a look, thus defeating the purpose of the see through toaster."

That's a design fault and not built in obsolescence...

By *otsossieMan
over a year ago

Chesterfield

Indeed

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"See through toasters! When I went to have a look at what shade of brown my toast was it was all steamed up, so I had to pop the toast out to have a look, thus defeating the purpose of the see through toaster.

That's a design fault and not built in obsolescence..."

When I took it back the bloke asked how close I was getting when I have a look at the toast, I showed him and he said that’s just the condensation from your breath, I was slightly embarrassed, he also suggested an eye test just for further humiliation.

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"See through toasters! When I went to have a look at what shade of brown my toast was it was all steamed up, so I had to pop the toast out to have a look, thus defeating the purpose of the see through toaster.

That's a design fault and not built in obsolescence...

When I took it back the bloke asked how close I was getting when I have a look at the toast, I showed him and he said that’s just the condensation from your breath, I was slightly embarrassed, he also suggested an eye test just for further humiliation."

Is this some sort of BDSM fantasy Jeans?

By *otsossieMan
over a year ago

Chesterfield

Surely the toaster gets warm? It shouldn’t be steaming up on the outside.

Post new Message to Thread