FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Honest, I just popped out to deliver a birthday card......

Jump to newest

By *londeCaz OP   Woman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

It's my cousin's birthday today, she works at our family business selling cars...I've been thinking about getting a new car as I need something a bit higher for my gammy hip, but it's just been a bit of a thought...anyhow, gave Cuz her card and mentions my musings, had a look round, said I'd got £3k lying round doing nothing, took a £2k Picasso for a run round the block then she showed me the C-Max...anyway, upshot is I've leased a brand new C-Max Zetec TDCI that is worth more than I paid for my house, get it replaced every 2 years for as long as I keep the agreement going, never gonna need an MOT, always under warrranty and I got good family discount on the monthly payments too - and I get to stay on the garage insurance that I've been on since I was 17...

Impulsive??? Moi????

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

That's how I buy my cars! Went to get two cooked bbq chickens from ASDA and ended up buying a BMW 318i from the garage next door.

Maybe I should try leasing in future.

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

Did something similar myself years ago, my cousin worked at a garage and she was going to my Mums that evening. So I dropped in my Stepdads Birthday card. I walked out with a Volve 740 estate and drove it to France that evening. Enjoy your new brum brum lol

By *londeCaz OP   Woman
over a year ago

Good to know it's not just me...should be here in a couple of weeks, can't wait to get out and about with my new toy

over a year ago

Yup done that too

Went to Trafford Centre shopping and just thought I'd pop into the garage cos I wanted to see what a DS3 looked like inside.

I liked them, well in particular I liked one and hence came out £13,000 poorer than I had been half an hour before.

Never got to The Trafford Centre.

Didn't see the point. I didn't need anything and I'm just not the frivolous type

over a year ago

Well not a car but did that once with a house

Just thought I'd have a nose at some new houses that were being built down the road from where we was living while at the time before i nipped out shopping and said yes to one after looking around a show home

Was going to phone hubby to tell him what I had done but thought I'd best wait for him to come home to tell him

over a year ago

"Yup done that too

Went to Trafford Centre shopping and just thought I'd pop into the garage cos I wanted to see what a DS3 looked like inside.

I liked them, well in particular I liked one and hence came out £13,000 poorer than I had been half an hour before.

Never got to The Trafford Centre.

Didn't see the point. I didn't need anything and I'm just not the frivolous type "

13,000 grand well spent I'd say - fantastic looking cars. I had a Mustang in mind, but went to Car People and plumped for an Hyundai instead

By *ea and SugarCouple
over a year ago

Manchester

"Well not a car but did that once with a house

Just thought I'd have a nose at some new houses that were being built down the road from where we was living while at the time before i nipped out shopping and said yes to one after looking around a show home

Was going to phone hubby to tell him what I had done but thought I'd best wait for him to come home to tell him

"

I bet he soon forgave you!!

By *londeCaz OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Well not a car but did that once with a house

"

Feel even better now, haven't ever bought a house on spec lol

Post new Message to Thread